[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap guns/reloading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

What are some fun and cheap guns to shoot? Like single action revolvers, break action shotguns and stuff. I'm gonna get a marlin 60 instead of a ruger 10/22 because with the ruger I will probably shoot 100 rounds by the time I shot 20 in the marlin. I also plan on starting to reload, I will reload 12g and probably 45colt. Does anyone here reload? What do you reload and why?
>>
File: women drivers.webm (476KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
women drivers.webm
476KB, 720x404px
remember when the mosin was a cheap gun that you could fire with all the cheap 7.62x54 surplus?
>>
>>33726186
>gonna get a marlin 60 instead of a ruger 10/22 because with the ruger I will probably shoot 100 rounds by the time I shot 20 in the marlin

What?

If you enjoy spending your time not shooting, why would you by a gun in the first place?

Why would you prefer to shoot 20 rounds when you could shoot 100 in the same time?
>>
>>33726186
You don't own a gun do you? Or any reloading equipment.
>>
>>33726186
Just get an AR honestly.
>>
>>33726210
Because I'm cheap

>>33726220
No I don't
>>
>>33726224
>Because I'm cheap

It's .22lr
>>
>>33726224
It's eight cents a round you stingy fuck
>>
You sound like a fucking faggot. Hope your cheap ass guns blow up in your face.
>>
>>33726224
325 rounds of bulk Federal Automatch on sale for $17 dollars. How broke is you?

https://www.laxammo.com/federal-22-lr-automatch-40-gr-lrn-325-rounds-am22-detail
>>
>>33726186
Get a single shot bolt action .22 to maximum your fun duration per dollar. Also look at air guns. You don't need to drive somewhere and spend money to shoot them. Just don't be seen, because it's probably technically illegal to plink with it in your yard.
>>
>>33726233
>>33726236
>>33726242
>>33726254
I've never really spent money on something except bare necessities so it is a bit hard for me that is why I am so cheap
>>
File: karmslist.jpg (3MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
karmslist.jpg
3MB, 3900x5008px
Anyhow, here's the official /k/ poorfag guns list. It's mildly out of date, but still mostly good.
>>
>>33726272
Then just buy a single shot gun, one bullet, and blow your brains out.
>>
>>33726272
Okay. Still, you can even find those same boxes of Automatch for $20 bucks pretty regularly at big outlets like Bass Pro, Big 5, or Dick's Sporting Goods.You have to be pretty hard up to not be able to scrape together twenty bucks.
>>
File: pepeenough.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
pepeenough.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>>33726272
so you are the most tightfisted motherfucker on the planet and own zero guns BUT you want to jump into the shooting hobby with a reloading press, dies, brass, primers, shot, wads, scale, probably some slug molds, a brass tumbler, and who knows what else.

how do you justify those purchases? you don't shoot at all, and certainly not enough explain the huge outlay. 12ga isn't even an expensive/high brass cartridge that would benefit from reloading.

prediction: you will remain a noguns forever.
>>
>>33726276
>Cheap ammo online
>Lucky gunner

Hoo boy
>>
>>33726186
Ruger New Vaquero in .357 Magnum, then a reloading kit for .38 Special; easily below 20cpr with some dedication.

If you wouldn't mind digging for lead in a shooting berm or scavenging discarded brass at the range, you could probably shoot for pretty much half that.
>>
File: Test2.png (95KB, 662x863px) Image search: [Google]
Test2.png
95KB, 662x863px
>>33726224

I get 500 round bulk 22lr 0.056 cents a round, probably 6 cents after tax.

With guns, you have to start somewhere, just buy a decent bolt or automatic 22 and have fun. You'll learn what you'll like with time. I'd wait on reloading until you bought the gun you're going to do it for, it's more popular to reload rifle rounds than pistol because good handloads will actually be noticeably more accurate once you find what your gun likes also there's a more significant cost difference compared to pistol calibers.

You can get tula 9mm for like 16 cents a round for example, it's not worth the time to save an extra cent a round as you crank out 20 rounds an hour. There are machines that go much faster but for many times the cost.

Pic related, start sighting in at 20 yards, maybe I'll redo this just to add that part since at 10 yards the point of impact will actually be lower than where your sights are and you'll shoot a foot too high further out. Keep in mind, your sights are about 1-3 inches above your barrel. The rest of it is great.
>>
>>33726276
This list is so bad.
>>
>>33726195
What the fuck? Story? Sauce?
>>
File: long_colt.jpg (135KB, 3200x966px) Image search: [Google]
long_colt.jpg
135KB, 3200x966px
I've been reloading since before 4chan existed so things have changed since those days of cheap ammo and cheaper components, but here's my take:
If you're looking to reload to save money on common calibers, don't bother. It's actually cheaper to buy new 9mm ammo than (decent) bullets + primers + powder. If you have some special snowflake / hard-to-find cartridge already, you almost have to roll your own.
If you REALLY want to reload, some pointers:
See if you can pick up a press for cheap at an estate auction or garage sale. If you're really lucky it will have some dies you can use.
Bullets are the most expensive component. In general, the lighter the bullet, the cheaper to reload (i.e. 357 is much cheaper than .45 anything).
.44 magnum is more versatile than 45 colt since you can also shoot 44 specials in the mangum. If you reload, you can make your loads as mild or stout as you like, up to the maximum.
/k/ doesn't believe in reloading for accuracy, they think it's some old fudd myth, but then again, I've seen /k/ommando /k/iddies on the range and they can't hit the broad side of a barn so there you have it. It takes patience and skill but generally you CAN make that old fudd Winchester 70 shoot better than /k/'s favorite "sniper" meme gun with carefully crafted and tuned handloaded ammo versus discount bulk shit. Note that handloading for accuracy is a time-sink hobby unto itself and picking loads at random will give no advantage over factory ammo.
>>
>>33726276
I could of sworn there is an updated list somewhere, this one is just out of date.

Fuck any handgun on that list under 250, a ruger lcp 380 should cost about that much.
>>
>>33727635
>/k/ doesn't believe in reloading for accuracy, they think it's some old fudd myth
I think you are literally the first person I've ever seen say or suggest this on /k/ (or literally anywhere else). Anyone who knows anything about reloading would have no problem figuring out you can handload for better accuracy.

As for cost savings, it depends on what you shoot, yeah 9mm isn't worth reloading, but with .357 Magnum and .38 Special you can reload and reduce cost by 2/3rds of what you'd pay for average off the shelf target loads. Then you have .45-70 where you basically don't have a good reason to not reload due to the savings you can make, double that for .338 Lapua (though here we're getting more into long range precision so you might just not WANT to cheap out too much).

Yeah it may not be match loads at this price, but sometimes you just want to plink and blast, then low tier wadcutter reloads are just fine.
Fuck, you could use your piss and shit to make blackpowder in a barrel over time if you want to REALLY squeeze pennies and don't mind the foul carbon deposits.
>>
>>33727635
>It takes patience and skill but generally you CAN make that old fudd Winchester 70 shoot better than /k/'s favorite "sniper" meme gun with carefully crafted and tuned handloaded ammo versus discount bulk shit
There's more than just ammo to that.
Is the barrel free floated?
How consistent is the lockup of the action?
And then ammo, what quality is it, how consistent is the ammo, how well suited is it for this gun in particular?
How consistent is the shooter?
What's the weather, how far are you shooting?
Is the target moving or stationary?

Yeah, shit ammo wont do you any favors with a precision rig, but the inherent accuracy of the gun itself, on top of how good of a shooter you are, is also important.
If you're a novice that can't shoot for shit, then a great rifle with great rifle is wasted on you, likewise, a great shooter is wasted on a shit gun with shit ammo.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.