[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help settle a debate - in a short-range gunfight with another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Shotgun1.jpg (569KB, 2188x440px) Image search: [Google]
Shotgun1.jpg
569KB, 2188x440px
Help settle a debate - in a short-range gunfight with another armed individual, would you rather be equipped with an AR variant with a 30-cartridge capacity, or something like a 12ga pump-action shotgun with 5 or 6 slugs?
>>
>>33725144
doesnt mattter a guns a gun. the ar will be more forgiving of fuckups. 30 chances to hit a guy instead of 6.
>>
>>33725144
depends on which one you practice more with. everyone will be able to make faster follow up shots with the AR, but in a 1v1 fight that isn't as much of a boon. The shotgun is only going to be a liability if you miss the first shot.

It all comes down to which person makes the first hit, and for one single-shot there isn't really a speed difference assuming both fighters start off the fight with guns in condition 0.

I practice more with an AR than a shotgun, so I'd take the AR.
>>
If it's a long barrel like the one in your picture, an AR
>>
Depends on how short a range. Around 10 yards, Pump shotgun with buckshot might have a decent chance. If it's an SBR AR, the AR might win.
>>
>>33725144
Gun vs Gun I'd say take the AR-15. Shotgun is the better one-shot-stopper, but if the other guy has a gun you want suppressive capabilities, which a pump action just does not have.
>>
>>33725184
This. Take potshots at his cover while advancing towards his position. Find a corner and wait for him to move and give him two to center mass.
>>
>>33725144
Funny you should mention that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8cByaVyNQ
>>
>>33725144
>12ga pump-action shotgun with 5 or 6 slugs

No comparison.
>>
>>33725184
>but if the other guy has a gun you want suppressive capabilities, which a pump action just does not have.

Stop rambing in an nonsensical and senile manner

1)There are such things as silenced shotguns and they are sold quite widely in places like France
2)Having a silencer weapon in a close range firelight will make no difference
3)The guy with the shotgun will kill the AR wielder in a close range firelight all other things being equal
>>
>>33725489
>>
>>33725144
Volume of fire will always win.
>>
>>33725489
not he guy you are answering to but suppressive capabilities mean you can apply suppressing fire. Crudly said, put the bad guys' heads down and maintain them down. This allows you to move : take cover, shot multiple rounds in the direction of your assailant, move, take cover, repeat.
also :
>There are such things as silenced shotguns and they are sold quite widely in places like France
never saw one. What are they used for ? Trap shooting ?
>>
>>33725498
That's not really what Harrell's video shows. For a volume of fire to win, it still has to be accurate. As he says, it was a failure of marksmanship.

Inb4 the FBI should have brought MP5s to that gunfight. I agree. But as it was, volume of fire wasn't as decisive as it should have been.
>>
>>33725545
you can't miss fast enough right?
I felt pretty bad when he started talking about the guy with glasses. Im a pretty good shot but i know id be next to useless without my glasses, it sucks knowing that but its even worse hearing it out loud you know?
>>
>>33725913
Here's that made-for-TV movie about the '86 FBI shootout that he was talking about. The gunfight itself is in the last ten minutes of it. As he said, the movie actually does a pretty accurate recreation of it, other than a few annoying things like the full auto Mini-14. It gives you a good visualization of what happened though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp1FoWi1nx0
>>
>>33726324
That really helped with understanding how it went down, sucks things like that happen. I can see what he means with the little details not matching up but overall a solid presentation.

Still feel shitty about my eyes, but at least ive got a few glasses straps and im trying to get corrective surgery
>>
>>33725144
AR.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.