[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garand Action General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Looking to get my first semi auto rifle.

Should I get an M1 Carbine or Mini 14? Have to prioritize ammo availability since I am in commiefornia and the ammo background checks are incoming. There is an expensive store near me that sells .30 carbine for around 60 cents/round. Haven't checked anywhere else though. No clue how expensive .223 is locally either; I'm used to buying online.

Also garand action general.
>>
>>33723519

Id get a carbine, but that's just me.

What do you want it for? Plinking? Defense? What range do you plan on shooting? Greater than 200 yd, you'll get more accuracy and less drop out of the mini 14
>>
>>33723718
Both defense and plinking (cheap and available ammo never a bad thing).
>>
How does the Mini 14 look so bad when the M-1 Carbine looks so good?
>>
>>33723757
The new Ranch rifles look like shit. The older ones with the M1 style sights look fucking dope with the ACCU-STRUT. The flip sights are gay as f tho
>>
>>33723743

.223 might be cheaper (idk though given how fucked california is about ARs and "military style rifles")
Both are prob eventually gonna get b&, but Id guess the carbine will be around longer.

Just a personal preference thing man. The mini-14 is bigger, has a bit longer range. The carbine was actually a combat weapon though.
>>
>>33723519
If you can get a Mini-14 with a 5.56 barrel I would go with that, get an Accu-Strut and you should be good to go. The M1 Carbine (While I love ito death) is pretty un-reliable in my experience.
>>
>>33723809
All Mini-14s with the exception of the target model are 5.56 chambered. Even the old 180 series can fire 5.56 safely.

Oh yeah also there are a few in .222 rem, 6.8spc, .17 Fireball which are rare and obviously the mini-30 in 7.62x39mm. Point being that the .223/5.56 thing is a non-issue.
>>
>>33723935
FUCKING HELL WUMBO I LOVE YOU
>>
>>33723809
Getting an accu-strut or any similar stiffener for a 580 series is just throwing money away. There are several better methods for improved a "modern" minis groups, starting with loctite , followed by a trigger job, followed by truing up various mating surfaces.

The struts do look great though
>>
>>33724410
>getting an accu-strut on a 580 mini for anything other the A E S T H E T I C S
>>
>>33723807
Just checked the Big5 site. 5.56/.223 is 60+ cents/round. If that's the shelf price it looks like I'm fucked either way.
>>
File: wIRYrO6.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wIRYrO6.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>>33724424
Hell yeah, they look great with them
>>
>>33724451
Walmart is down to around 40 cents/round so it's a bit closer to online prices.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.