[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armslist Reply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: armslist_lg.jpg (15KB, 400x94px) Image search: [Google]
armslist_lg.jpg
15KB, 400x94px
So I recently put up and add for one of my guns on Armslist (first time user of the system) and I've gotten a few responses from a couple different people. Problem is I have yet to get a response back (via email). Is there something I've done wrong? Is there another way to contact them back?
>>
>>33722817
>what is a job
>what is not having an electronics connection 24 fucking hours a day and concern for some piece of shit Maverick 88 no less at all fucking times
>what is life

Jesus Christ relax you austist what the fuck
>>
you only get an email response if people click the 'reply to listing' button.
>>
>>33722840
Yep, I got a few email response back, I responded to their email, and I have yet to hear anything back. I've already that guy wanting to meet up tomorrow morning but I got nothing back from him yet. I even tried to respond to myself and it didn't work.

>>33722839
When I become a millionaire, I won't care then.
>>
>>33722906
>and I have yet to hear anything back. I've already that guy wanting to meet up tomorrow morning but I got nothing back from him yet. I even tried to respond to myself and it didn't work.

thats just online listings. people are douchebags and don't even grace you with a 'no thanks' or 'i changed my mind'. my favorite is the 'well this guy is selling his for X price so are you gonna lower yours?'

like theses guys think i didn't grow up playing runescape using these same stupid tactics.
>>
File: 1286397267135.jpg (12KB, 554x222px) Image search: [Google]
1286397267135.jpg
12KB, 554x222px
>>33722817

Bumping for interest

I'm also about to put up an ad on armslist

If a customer wants to buy the gun is it ok if they come to my place or where is the best place for this transaction to happen?
>>
>>33722992
>where is the best place for this transaction to happen?
A public place where people are close enough to see, but not close enough to make out fine details. Don't do business in homes or shady places. That goes double with guns sales.
>>
>>33722992
Walmart parking lot is a good option.
>>
File: 1417471456236.jpg (91KB, 921x614px) Image search: [Google]
1417471456236.jpg
91KB, 921x614px
>>33723024
>>33723057

I live in FL if that changes anything

My building has its own parking garage. Would it be fine to do the transaction there?

I know I have to make the buyer sign the Bill of Sale. Is there anything else I should know?

Have a friend with me?
>>
>>33723117
In GA it's encouraged to do private sales in open, public areas. Even our police stations have an area in their parking lot for selling stuff. I would never meet anyone at their house.
>>
File: 1485496870413.jpg (109KB, 823x744px) Image search: [Google]
1485496870413.jpg
109KB, 823x744px
>>33723117
>My building has its own parking garage. Would it be fine to do the transaction there?

Is there no range nearby you two can meet and do the deal?
>>
>>33723193

Are you allowed to do sells at gun ranges and stores?

Ive never done this before which is why I'm asking
>>
>>33723117
>parking garage
Hell no. You can do private transactions literally anywhere. I'd suggest printing out a bill of sale just for security and safety. Like >>33723193 said, you could meet at a shooting range, gun store, even most police stations will let you make private sales in their office (just call ahead and keep your guns safely stowed in cases).
>>
>>33723117

>a parking garage

You really want your gun stolen and your butthole plugged, don't you?

Find a parking lot with lots of people. I always do Gander Mtn. and Academy.
>>
>>33722951
>like theses guys think i didn't grow up playing runescape using these same stupid tactics.

THIS. "wtb gf".....
>>
>>33722992
i usually meet at busy gas stations, walmart, ect.

meet them off to the side of the parkinglot, you know, where people can see you, but not what your doing.

it also helps to carry, not sell them ammo, or if you do give them ammo, put the ammo in a bag, and not in a magazine.

>dont give them something to rob you with lol

also i like to call people to make sure they sound like a normal person and not some gangbanger or crazy asshole.
>>
>>33723304

>Gets fucking reported for suspicious activity in a parking garage

Shooting range
>>
File: 1486312933603.jpg (23KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1486312933603.jpg
23KB, 800x533px
>>33723412

>Shooting range

If I do it at a shooting range do I notify the owners or is it as simple as walk in, do the transaction, leave?

>>33723193
>>33723249
>>33723304
>>33723412

Like I've mentioned this is the first time I'm selling so I dont know what the fuck I'm doing.

Youre patience would be appreciated
>>
>>33722906
There are definitely problems with the scripting on the site, some of which have to do with certs if you use the https site. I've created listings and attempted to send responses to myself and never received them.

Every time I've ever responded to an ad via text it's gone well so I'm definitely not just replying in a creepy way
>>
>>33723494
I mean, it all boils down to this:
>use common sense
>be cautious
>ONLY MEET IN PERSON
>meet in public places and during daylight hours
I strongly recommend having both you and the buyer fill out a bill of sale, although it is not required by law. I live in Florida as well and have done transactions like this in a mall parking lot, it's easy, just don't be dumb.
>>
Many PDs have set up safe spots for meeting for online transactions, child custody swaps, etc. Basically it's a designated area under 24 hr video surveillance. Most of the time they are set up in front of the local PD, so it might not be the best spot to sell a gun, but it sure would be the safest as long as everything is done legally.
>>
File: dpp0006wr9.jpg (446KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
dpp0006wr9.jpg
446KB, 640x427px
>>33723626

I literally live across a police substation

How do I do to sell at Police station? I call and ask?

>Hey officer I'm going to be selling a gun. Is it cool if I come over Sat 2:00pm?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.