[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, /k/, how do I fix this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20170422_012241.jpg (450KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_012241.jpg
450KB, 1920x1920px
OK, /k/, how do I fix this?
>>
>>33720556
CLP
>>
File: 1481428900267.jpg (388KB, 1340x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1481428900267.jpg
388KB, 1340x1528px
>>33720556
Step 1: apply lube
>>
>>33720556

Take it to a gunsmith to be re-crowned
if you don't have a lathe, you're gonna fuck it up worse
>>
>>33720556
slather in CLP, scrape hard carbon off, slather in CLP

that shit is never not going to be the dirtiest part of your AK
>>
>>33720556
clean it and but the brake back on. a bad crown effects accuracy by spraying gas at different rates around the bullet as it exits the barrel, if it's not the end it's not that big of a deal.
>>
Dremel.
>>
OP here, iit's a demilitarised AKM, and NO, I didn't fuck it up, but some Albanian "Freedom Fighter".
I simply planned to cut off the damaged part with a steel saw and put the protector back on.
>>
>>33720645

OP don't fucking do that
You'll end up with an uneven cut and make it worse
Just take it to someone with experience doing this shit.

Or, make it worse, then make another shitty thread in a few days
>>
>>33720645
>demilitarised AKM
So a deactivated one?
If so just toss the muzzle protector back on cause who gives a fuck its just a paper weight.Plus you would probably make it look worse if you cut on it with a saw
>>
>>33720701
The thing is, the muzzle protector doesn't go back on.
>>
>>33720701
In fact, I already recieved it without the protector on.
>>
>>33720721
>>33720733
Just try to sand down the burs and try to get it on that way.Cause if you cut it with a saw the protector might not thread on all the way.
>>
>>33720645
gross.

an option would be to file off the smashed threads until the thread protector will thread on. alternatively you could make a brake simulator out of tampons or something.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.