[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 43

File: but during the stone age.jpg (73KB, 366x365px) Image search: [Google]
but during the stone age.jpg
73KB, 366x365px
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

we are all sonichu edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>Don't Eat The Sandwich

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
File: Chan_Orc.jpg (28KB, 395x247px) Image search: [Google]
Chan_Orc.jpg
28KB, 395x247px
FIRST
>>
>>33719278
FIFTH
>>
File: 1463447807255.jpg (48KB, 356x626px) Image search: [Google]
1463447807255.jpg
48KB, 356x626px
Guys, I feel sad sometimes because I'm working lame jobs and want to be in the military instead. I'm going to MEPS in a couple weeks then the next selection board after that is in June. It could be July before I hear if I'm going to OCS. If it doesn't work, I'll just go enlist. If that doesn't work, I'll just sell off all my guns and other shit and go live in the mountains eating fish, small game, bugs, and wild mushrooms for the rest of my life.
Wish me luck, guys.
>>
File: 1470180338936.jpg (41KB, 384x395px) Image search: [Google]
1470180338936.jpg
41KB, 384x395px
>tfw my mom told the cops I was killing myself when I drank too much and blacked out one time
What's the prognosis doc?
>>
>>33719459
You might need to report that at MEPS if you want to join.
>>
File: soldier shovel melee.jpg (54KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
soldier shovel melee.jpg
54KB, 1191x670px
>Join Bundeswehr, Heer
>get posted in Munster, the largest troop exercise area in western Europe
>so fucking large that this generally just signposted-off area has become home to Germany's sole returned wolf population since the animals had been wiped out of Germany sometime in the 1800s
>since there's no hunters here, the soldiers only shoot at practice targets and the area is a huge swath of undisturbed wilderness
>during the pre-op briefing for an exercise, they literally tell us that that is in part the fault is that of the soldiers
>apparently grunts have been feeding them Bifis (like German Slim Jims) and other scraps because they look so cuddly
>strictly ordered not to make the same mistake
>also do not litter because these fucking animals will eat that shit too
>twiggy 5 foot something 17 year old conscript kid in the back of the room asks if they're dangerous
>drill instructor laughs and says no
>"They're smart enough to know when and where on the ex grounds we use live ammo and where we only shoot blanks. Nevertheless, your group leader carries live ammo for his pistol during exercises at all times anyway. And if it attacks you when he's not around, three of you get out your folding spades and go to town on the thing. There's a good reason we teach you how to sharpen the spade blade."
>literally pic related FNGs hacking a wolf to death
>>
>>33719254
Alright /meg/. Here it goes

>Be me
>Always loved planes
>Interests have always revolved around planes
>Cousin is in USAF
>See the awesome life he has (did ROTC, served in the sandbox, if y'all want I can tell you his combat story)
>Get two more interests
>Guns+politics
>USAF combines planes, guns, and politics
>Always wanted to fly
>Don't want to be in the engineering struggle bus
>Don't know if I could be a good lawyer due something that will come up later

It's all good until...
>Have GAD, got pills prescribed for it once, threw them in the trash, never refill
>Have ASD, but I'm not a fucking retard who headbangs or screams
>Still thinking about joining forces, but I don't want to fight in Syria. If I'm deployed there my head won't be in the game and I will fail everyone

Help me /meg/

I am also thinking about joining the Merchant Marine as it's begging for people right now.
>>
File: the shit i have to put up with.jpg (159KB, 840x623px) Image search: [Google]
the shit i have to put up with.jpg
159KB, 840x623px
Anyone else have to deal with family members who are hippie retards? Both of my sister think i'm the devil for joining "trump army". I don't really care because it's my life, not theirs but they have some seriously twisted ideas about what it means to be a soldier. At this point i try to laugh it off but god damn they got on my nerves sometimes.
>>
>>33719254
>That image
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>33719622

>Claims he doesn't care.
>Bitches to the internet about it.
>>
>>33719681
You realize you can talk about an issue without being buttblasted about it right?
>>
I told my recruiter that I took ADD medication a few years back, but I don't know if I was ever officially diagnosed with it. Should I start over with a different recruiter or just tell him there isn't any documentation of it?
>>
What is it like being a gay dude in the military? Specifically the marines or army?
Any gay enlisted fags have stories?
>>
>>33719739

There's a couple gay dudes in my unit. They're like any other dudes. I would not recommend fucking anyone you work with, regardless of orientation. Don't shit where you eat.
>>
If you ain't linguist you ain't .القرف
>>
>>33719622

It's more that I have some hippy friends than hippie family. People conflate military service, which is an important societal function that cuts across social class, with political statement. It is not: Republicans didn't rush to enlist or commission when Bush was elected, and Democrats didn't rush to enlist or commission when Obama was elected.

The conflation of military service with political statement is most often a mask for people's true motives for non-participation, criticism, or support.
>>
>>33719764
>القرف
Is that Korean for "Muslim?"
>>
File: 1483339442351.jpg (73KB, 592x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483339442351.jpg
73KB, 592x768px
Alright boys I gotta get a list of 10 jobs for USAF, I'm expecting a mid/high 80s on ASVAB. Here is what I've got so far.
>Geospatial Intelligence
>Space systems operations
>Signals intelligence analyst
>Cyber systems operations
>Fusion analyst
>Remote piloted aircraft (drones)
>Cyber security
>Command post (not so sure about this one)
That's all I got so far, I'm wanting big screens with data and shit like you see in military movies, or something along the lines. Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.
pic slightly-related
>>
>>33720196

Where is 1N0X on that list?
>>
What are the coolest Navy rates
>>
>>33719739
This right here is the type of shit that makes me not want to join.
I just want to be apart of ONE institution that isn't filled with faggot POZ shit.
Fuck.
>>
>>33719611
>USAF combines planes, guns, and politics
You will not fly the planes, you will probably not even touch a gun after basic, and your enlistment will probably be nothing but office politics.

>I have <exotic mental illness> but it's ok as long as I don't have to do anything.
You're not ready. If you're using these as an excuse for anything, you're not ready. When you enlist you have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR MEPS SCREENER.
>>
>>33719739
No one really gives a shit, they will call you faggot regardless of your sexual orientation
>>
Any former fatties here?
I can't find a fucking job to save my life right now, and I need to lose at least 40 lbs like yesterday so I can sign the dotted line

Any turbotard ways to lose that shit quick so I can get out of this shithole?
>>
File: 1435935691164.jpg (118KB, 538x482px) Image search: [Google]
1435935691164.jpg
118KB, 538x482px
>>33719543
>we can't decapitate 30 french men with his Feldschaufel
>is afraid of a wild dog which avoids loud noises
>>
>>33720196
Space system ops is the only one on your list I would consider retraining into. Current 2A252, go for space my nigga
>>
>>33720376
>office politics

So much this.

>>33720207

Fuck 1N0. Fuck that entire field. With a cheese grater covered in hot sauce.

t. retired 1N0
>>
>>33720436
>Fuck 1N0. Fuck that entire field.
Care to elaborate why?
>>
>>33720436
Yea I skipped operations intel on that list because it looked like a lot of redundant fuckery.
>>33720418
Do I actually get to choose from the list of 10 I make? I'm trying to make sure I like all these jobs but it would be really comforting to know if I have any direct say before I sign anything
>>
>>33720196
>Cyber security
Don't do this. It's called Cyber "Surety", not security. You'll be filling out 2875's all day and walking around looking for people who left their CACs out.
Put down cyber transport, and hope you get assigned to one of the NOSCs, Space Ops, or an intel squadron instead.

>>33720317
That's pretty pathetic that you can't handle the thought of working with a gay man.

>>33720408
Losing weight is like 20% exercise, 80% diet. Download myfitnesspal and track every single calorie.
Also start walking fast, get your heart rate up, eventually start running once your weight is more acceptable and won't rek your knees.
>>
>>33720557
>Losing weight is like 20% exercise, 80% diet. Download myfitnesspal and track every single calorie.
>Also start walking fast, get your heart rate up, eventually start running once your weight is more acceptable and won't rek your knees.
Thank ye kind anon
>>
>>33719739
This >>33719762
>I would not recommend fucking anyone you work with, regardless of orientation.

Avoid workplace romances and fwb in any occupation.
>>
>>33720557
Cyber transport, I'll look into it. Are there any obvious good ones I'm missing or ones I should change? I'm literally just pulling ones that look cool off the USAF website..
How's security?
>>
>>33720317
I'll take fags over women any day. Women ruin everything. Military gays are at least pretty bro-tier.
>>
>>33719254
What is with /meg/ and CWC?
>>
>>33720631
I mean, I agree about the women too. I just want to go back to the 50's desu.
I had a vague hope that Trump and Mattis would undo some of the lefty shit in the Military but it looks like that might not happen.
>>
>>33720552
If you wait long enough, your recruiter will try to land you one of those ten. If you want to GTFO as fast as you can go for an open contract and enjoy being a maintainer or a cop.
>>
I started tsp contributions a few months ago and it occurred to me today that I never got my username/password in the mail. was that supposed to be sent to me automatically or do I have to request it? my dars address is correct so I don't think it'd get fucked up there
>>
>>33720408
I lost about 25lbs in less than a year. I stayed away from sugar and tried to exercise an hour a day. I added a 20lbs vest to my daily workout. Feels good.
>>
>>33720683
*deers

wew
>>
>>33720683

You have to ask for it. Use your SSN to request it at their website. Do it ASAP because the automatic allocations are way too conservative.
>>
>>33720631

>MFW my best first sergeant and best platoon sergeant were both females.

>MFW I have no face.
>>
>>33720672
He explained none of that to be, in open contract do I just be a maintainer until one of the 10 I pick opens? I went in Tuesday, did practice asvab, and he told me to go pick 10 and call him when I'm ready to schedule real asvab..
>>
>>33720729
No, you'll be a maintaince troop for your career. Take the ASVAB, based on your score you'll choose your jobs you want, then you'll either wait for one, or go open and get a randomly selected job you qualify for, most likely maintenance or Sec Fo
>>
>>33720309
have you taken your asvab?
>>
>>33720783
I got a 92 on the PICAT, I go to meps soon
>>
>>33720671
I get you. Fraternization shouldn't be tolerated for any sexual orientation. Even when I worked retail we weren't allowed to have relationships while working. It should be the same anywhere, especially the military. At work, you do your work. You're not straight, gay, bi, or trans. You're a worker or when in the military a soldier, sailor, marine, airman, or coastie.
>>
>>33720715
yeah thanks. someone was talking about it today and reminded me, don't want all my retirement in the G fund
>>
Is the disappearing pensions thing true?
>>
>>33720727
The few that want to do their jobs correctly are usually great at it. I feel like it's one extreme to another. They're either great or shitty. No in between. Unfortunately a lot more are shitty.
>>
>>33720795

They're going to try and push you to nuke then. DON'T FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO IT! If you'd like for me to go into detail as to why, I'll be happy to elaborate. I'll try and get back on later for other rates in a moment.
>>
Can anyone provide insight into Intelligence and/or Financial Managment in the USAF?
Nonner suggested 6F since I want to study to be an actuary
>>33720436 was going to be my 2nd choice
>>
>>33720827

It's just more visible because they're a minority, anon. Fact is that most dudes are shitty too.
>>
>be me
>24 yo
>want ta join the navy because both of my grandpappies were sailors
>surviving grandpa encourages me to go for OCS
>i already have a 4 year degree
>it's in fine arts fucking kill me
>in perfect shape
>smoked some weed in years past, had a medical card in CA

am I doomed? should I disclose the fact that I had a medical card? do i have a shot at OCS with my fag degree?
>>
>>33719739
There is a gay NCO in my chain of command and he is chill as fuck, great dude. Doesn't get treated any differently.
>>
>>33720837
Well I'm colorblind so I can't pick nuke even if they want me to. It's basically admin or Intel lol
>>
>>33720196
Don't do command post. If you like electronics go 2A01(P,M,K)
Any of those shreds is great, you get a backshop job that's super cushy and teaches lucrative skills
>>
>>33720818

Depends what you mean by "disappearing pensions", but generally they've been getting smaller for a long, long time. The private sector has all but done away with them, federal government jobs slashed them significantly several times in the last couple decades, and the military is rolling out a plan starting next year to make the pension smaller.
>>
>>33720917
>making fun of an NCO cus gey
>>
>>33720956
No one does. I mean, not that anyone would dare.
>>
how far in SOF can you get with just a secret clearance?
>>
>>33719444
Good luck yukari poster
>>
>>33721053

Pretty far. Secret is all you need for most SOF orgs (SF/Rangers/etc). If you want to do SMU shit you're going to be opening your butthole real wide to the government anyways, way beyond just a TS.
>>
Anyone here regret enlisting in the National Guard? I enlisted and I'm currently in RSP, but I'm not sure if I made the best choice
>>
>>33720818
Yes if you enlist in 2018 you will be enrolled into the new BRS system (which is the better deal).
If you make it to 20 years, you'll get 80% of the pre-2018 pension, but the DoD will match your TSP contributions, up to 5% of your check. You'll also get continuation pay partway through your career.

Keep in mind that only 16% of enlistees (at year 1) will make it to 20 year retirement. If you make it past that first enlistment, the rate goes up to about 32%.

>>33720600
Cyber SURETY is Information Assurance, if you're in this biz and know what that is. If you don't know, it's basically ensuring security policy compliance, not actually working on cyber security. Think filling out paperwork for accounts and checking that things have classification stickers on them. Cyber SECURITY would be things like server hardening, etc, which is usually handled by 1B4s or 3D0X1s (cyber system ops).
>>
>>33721102
>Yes if you enlist in 2018 you will be enrolled into the new BRS system (which is the better deal).

[CITATION NEEDED]

It's the better deal if you don't make it to 20 years, which most people don't, but it's not just straight-up better.
>>
>>33720376
>When you enlist you have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR MEPS SCREENER.
This. I don't have ADD, I've never smoked marijuana once, and that burn on my leg is just a minor burn, no big deal.
>>
>>33721089
You think I could get away with lying at MEPS with just a secret?
>>
>>33720924
oh shit man that's a whole different ballgame in itself. If you can score YN that's a killer job. You won't advance fast, but that doesn't matter, as long as you like what you're doing. I'd give anything to go back and be a seabee or A-ganger.
>>
>>33721152
Secret: Fuck yeah
>>
>>33721089
>If you want to do SMU shit you're going to be opening your butthole real wide to the government anyways
So on the off chance one does get to such a unit, should they confess about everything they've ever done? Especially if they didn't disclose anything the first time at MEPS/enlistment papers?
>>
>>33721351

If you don't turn yourself inside out and let the government examine every crevice, you're never even going to be in a position to get offered an opportunity like that, so don't worry about it.

Being honest is the easiest thing in the world. Secrets make you weak.
>>
I currently smoke maybe a pack a week (love a cig when I'm at the bars)

I'm familiar with continin tests and can definitely quit months in advance before MEPs.

Can I just lie and say I've never smoked before or get away with it? I don't want it on my medical history for when I get out.
>>
>>33721400
They're not going to care...
>>
File: Think about it.jpg (25KB, 520x372px) Image search: [Google]
Think about it.jpg
25KB, 520x372px
I've been hanging around these for a few weeks as I lose weight and get in shape. Gonna ask again since other stuff came up.
>math grad 3.6
>Navy or AF
>no passion, neet 1 year
>just want to feel like I've acconplished something and move on with my life instead of doing 6 years in retail like everyone else
Any suggestions? I'm open to all branches and engineering and computer shit seems the best fit for me because of the math but I don't know. I don't even like math, just did it because I had to and it was easy. Sorry for spamming these. Recovering robot.
>>
>>33721448
But if they put it in my medical history and I end up paying for private healthcare insurance after I get it, it'll be much more expensive. That's the only reason I'd want to hide it.
>>
I heard that the linguist pipeline is almost two years long. Is this true?
>>
File: 1378881809489.jpg (74KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1378881809489.jpg
74KB, 461x523px
What do you do if you're a Gomer Pyle during boot camp
>>
>>33721566
depends on what branch really.
go AF and you get to compete to be Gomer Pyle
>>
Does anyone have any advice for me?
>>33720915
>>33720915
>>
>>33721476
I'm going to give you advice you may hate me for and others will tell you not to do. If you're a hikiNEET who doesn't need sunlight or significant contact with other human beings, go for NUPOC. You'll be commissioned as an officer and if you opt to stay in after your 5 years, you could be making 6 figures with your bonuses. Thing is, it's very miserable but with your robot background it could be decent for you. Something to think about. If you just want to enlist, then the world is your oyster. Just focus on rocking the ASVAB and then come back after thinking through what you'd like to do.
>>
>>33721644
You have a shot at OCS with your fag degree, but that medical card will almost certainly DQ you at MEPS, since not only do you have a condition that they need to screen you for, but you're also a pot smoker.
>>
>>33721644
Uncle Sam doesn't give a shit what your degree is in, OCS is OCS.
Uncle Sam doesen't care that you smoked some weed as long as you don't mention it at MEPS.
>>
>>33721483
You don't smoke now, you never smoked. It's that easy.

I entered the military as a smoker. Quit now about 2 months ago. Never had any repercussions for it.
>>
>>33721644
Your degree won't matter. They just require one to show that you're responsible enough to complete a 4 year commitment.
>>
>>33721707
I'm gonna put myself out there to get stoned to death by 100% robots. I'm more of a cyborg in that I'm depressed, miserable, and a failure at everything, but I do have a girlfriend of +5years. My goal is to get married with the money I would save since she is the one and all that. My point is, is there a better option or somewhere in the middle? I don't see the relationship failing though I'm sure no one ever does. I'm not opposed to being a nuke from what I've read since it seems like you can places with it and make more money. I don't care about being miserable because there's still a direction. What I hate is being miserable and going nowhere.
Also I understand that no matter what I'll be deployed for months on end unexpectedly. I'm not expecting sunshine and daisies.
>>
>>33721749
No one ever asked about smoking at meps. it's not on the question sheet, literally no one gives a fuck about tobacco.
>>
>>33721760
Take a dice. Roll it. Did you get a six? If not, she's probably going to leave you before your first deployment is over.

If you did roll a six, roll it again. Unless you got another six, she's going to leave you before your first contract is over.

This isn't just hyperbole, these are the odds. Human relationships don't survive long distances, especially when you're both horny 20-somethings.
>>
>>33721826
That's not how statistics work.
>>
>>33721826
Yeah I realize that. Again, I have no other alternative unless a miracle happens and if one does I'd rather it be the relationahip than a job. I figure we've been together 8 years and if it does come to that at least she helpes me get my life back together, and if it doesn't, I'll actually have a wife that I could provide for even if it's a small life.
>>
>>33719725
Anybody?
>>
>>33721760
I'm going to tell you right now that your relationship will probably not last, so wait until you're in for 5 years (she'll probably just cheat on you since women are inherently evil unless raised almost entirely by their fathers). Also, when you're filling out your paperwork for OCS, your first choice is NUPOC, your second is SWO, and third is supply. Good luck.
>>
>>33721895
"i misremembered the weird vitamins my mom gave me. there's no record of me ever taking those kinds of drugs." look your recruiter straight in the eye and say that.
>>
>>33720659
Our mascot
>>
>>33721743
Don't smoke anymore and my condition was insomnia which was a lie. Still fucked?
>>
>>33721896
Nupoc, swo, and supply. Got it, thanks anon. Here's hoping I can prove you wrong eh? If nothing else maybe I can come back in several years and at least say I made it.
>>
>>33721888
Some encouraging words here, me and my wife were in a long distance relationship for a few years before I moved to the US and we got married. It's tough but it's not a death sentence to be apart. So if we can survive that we can survive me being in the army too.

You'll be fine as long as you're not an impulsive idiot who ruins your relationship as soon as you get the opportunity to cheat on her.
>>
>>33721941
>Here's hoping I can prove you wrong eh?
I hope I'm wrong as well, but I don't think I am. Also look into NFO/Aviator as well.
>>
>>33721910
Okay say that I actually did have prescriptions. And say that I also mentioned specific medications. And say that I want to become a warrant officer. Even with the evaluations necessary for a security clearance, the military would not be able to see my medical history?
>>
>>33722150
When I was at the office the boss got a call with some guy who uses to have add. The army knows that add is a meme diagnosis so as long as it's not a current issue they're open for it. So if you took some meds years ago they'll waiver that shit. You don't have to lie or hide it as long as that's the only waiver you need.
>>
Security clearance while lying about some medical history? Chances?
>>
As somebody who was once in the US military, but got the fuck out as soon as possible, let me tell you about how truly evil and depraved the military is.

During Basic Training, we were forced to this chant before shooting at the rifle range : "If they're brown, shoot them down!"

At the rifle range, we fired at both adult sized targets and child sized targets. Half the targets were painted as being armed, and half the targets we were supposed to shoot at were painted as innocent civilians holding flowers. We were supposed to shoot at any target, regardless of whether it was armed or unarmed, whether it was an adult or a child.

The only time in Basic Training we were allowed to watch tv was when the news showed reports of Muslim civilians being "accidentally killed" in air strikes. We were forced to scream "yes!" every time the news mentioned an innocent brown person being killed.

As soon as I saw how truly evil and depraved the US military was, I GOT THE FUCK OUT. I went straight to the Drill Sergeants and told them I didn't want to be part of their right wing terrorist organization.

I told them that I REFUSED to kill innocent people of color, and take part in unjustified wars of aggression. The Drill Sergeants responded by tying me up and beating my with their machine guns for ten minutes straight. They told me that I wasn't leaving and that if I ever tried to speak up against their hate and bigotry again, they would murder me.

I took matters into my own hands, and jumped out the window at night while the Drill sergeants were asleep. This was the second floor, and fortunately I landed in some bushes. I ran the fuck away from the base I was at, and have not returned to this day.

Every Time any American expresses admiration for the military, I fucking VOMIT. I was in for long enough to see that the US military is a white supremacist terrorist organization, just as bad as Daesh.
>>
>>33722460

Pasta is al dente.
>>
>>33722460
i rate this pasta 9/11. well done, have a (You)
>>
>>33722460
>US military
>white

Yeah you're not fooling anybody
>>
>>33722531
Kek
>>
>>33719631
>You don't have to tell me twice! But in the stone age...!
>What did he mean by this?

It literally only makes sense in CWC's own head. However, I cannot abide a mystery so I did some limited research.

In the comic; an imminent threat is present (a meteor/pokemon/monster thing descending at speed) and CWC is telling Sonichu to run. Sonichu replies as shown.

The meaning of the first sentence is obvious, merely agreeing with CWC and acknowledging his wisdom, usual cool-guy/bad-ass/self-aggrandising/self-affirming escapism that CWC writes.

The meaning of the second appears to be an obscure and convoluted reference to another comic when they time-travelled to the stone age. I haven't dug seriously deep into that because I value my sanity but the gist of it is that either a cave man or perhaps Sonichu did in fact, have to be told twice to run away from a dinosaur. It's possible that time-travel was again involved in order to tell the subject a second time.

That's as far as I'm prepared to take this line of inquiry but I hope it satisfies your curiosity as it did mine. This exercise has not had a positive influence on my mental health but at least now we know.
>>
File: you hat.jpg (50KB, 458x531px) Image search: [Google]
you hat.jpg
50KB, 458x531px
>>33722460
>>
>>33719739
>What is it like being a gay dude in the military?
I only heard about the Dutch military.

And what I heard is that if it weren't for gays in the military, there wouldn't be a Dutch military.
>>
File: yUdodis.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
yUdodis.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
>>33719254
Dafuq is going on at meps guys?
>Started talking to recruiter in jan.
>2807-2 filled out in feb.
>asvab in mar.
>Day before scheduled MEPS apt., recruiter tells me I've been cancelled
>Week later has 2807-2 kicked back because no initials on the bottom of the page.
>Recruiter says I need to wait AT LEAST another week before forms are processed again.
Did I choose the wrong branch? My recruiter seems as clueless as I am. She keeps saying that its the meps and their new medical officer making things difficult for all the branches, and that this isn't an isolated incident. Why do I feel like she's full of shit? Can anon corroborate her claims? I'm so tired boys, I just want to serve.
>>
>>33721102
By asking hows security, I meant security forces since I'm on /k/ after all. It does seem like a far departure from the cushy lucrative training im looking for however.
>>
>>33720557
>You'll be filling out 2875's all day and walking around looking for people who left their CACs out.
Thank you for saving me Anon, I was about to do this in USAF

What can I do with a Computer Science degree in USAF then?
>>
>>33723390
I'm gonna go ahead and say your recruiter sucks. I walked in on January and I'm shipping out next month, I got hold up for being a non-citizen so it took like 5 weeks to get my medical records and convert my high school records to a us equivalent, doing my eclt and shit.

there's absolutely no reason for you to be held up this long. I'd say find a new recruiter.
>>
ROTC bros, what contract are y'all picking up or planning?

I want the 4 years active duty and 3 years reserve, but my question is............
>If after 4 years are up and you want to stay active duty or transition to career, can that contract be altered?
>>
>>33723280
I think he actual gave an answer about its meaning once, but I think you're mostly right. Gold star
>>
>>33719979
I'm not a linguist but I'm pretty sure that's German.
>>
>>33719254

Im 28 and about to graduate college. My degree is not in a STEM field, and I dont really want to end up being a cubicle jockey for some company in the suburbs or the city. The airforce cut off for officers is 34, but for flying you must be commissioned before your 28th birthday, if I remember correctly. I would prefer to fly, but its not the end of the world if I can't get a waiver. Does anyone have any advice or opinions on becoming an officer? I have zero mental health issues, I do not drink or do drugs, and I'm fit and healthy.
>>
has anyone here done medical school and ROTC? what's your experience like
>>
>>33721115
The reason it's better is because as long as you serve 2 years, you at least get *something*, as opposed to 20 or nothing.

If you contribute 5% to get that full match, and invest your continuation pay, you'll retire with not only 80% pension, but also a *fat* nest egg.
That ~$1000 per month less on the pension is offset by the contribution matching and continuation pay (if invested) almost perfectly.

>>33723417
Oh don't do that.
You're just an upgraded rent-a-cop, scanning IDs at the gate, checking license plates in fucking parking lots to make sure they didn't expire yesterday, and responding to dependas attempting to steal things from the BX.

>>33723822
In the AF:
If you're an officer, you have a contract called an ADSC (active duty service commitment). Those are the years you are required to serve.
Once that ADSC is up, you keep doing your job, but you are free to drop papers and separate at any time you want.
Some actions (like promoting, or change of station) will incur additional years of commitment.
If you don't promote in time, you get forced out, so you can't sit as a Capt. for 20 years.

>>33723487
Cyber system ops or programmer. Work with your recruiter and try to become a programmer.
You really should commission if you have a BS though, since at the enlisted level you risk being stuck with a real non-skill shit assignment, no matter the AFSC.
As an officer you'll at least be doing *something*.
>>
>>33724168
There's no central database of medical records.

They won't know something exists unless you tell them or it's obvious, like a lack of appendix or titanium rod + screws in a bone.
>>
>>33722202
My recruiter said that if there aren't any records, it didn't happen. And as I understand it the military can't actually view my medical records, so if I tell him there are no records I should be fine, right?

>>33722345
Seconding this.
>>
>>33722345
Secret fine.

T/S, depends on what the medical issue is.
>>
>>33724189
I have screws in my jaw from corrective surgery a few years ago.
>>
>>33724205
You can't hide that shit.
What if you go in for your annual dental and they x-ray your head? They'll be nothing in your file, and you'll be boned.

Hiding means shit like:
>do duck walk at MEPS
>hurts knees
>tell doc you feel fine

Because in 3 years when you need knee work done, it will be impossible to show that the military didn't cause it.

tl;dr don't lie when there's physical evidence
>>
>>33724046
How realistically can I do ASVAB and just sit on my recruiter until he finds me one of the 10 MOS that I really want? I feel like I could be either waiting forever or he will simply drop my ass and not give a shit. I really want some space/cyber/tech shit but I'm a bit worried..
>>
>>33724431
It's all on the recruiter, and how they operate.
Talk to him/her, and tell them that you're willing to wait for a cyber/space/avionics backshop job to drop.

It was definitely not kosher, but my recruiter literally showed me the job drop that he had and let me pick from the available jobs that month.
>>
>>33724308
I understand the limit to which I can hide screws in my jaw, just want to know if I can go into the recruiting office and tell my recruiter, with a straight face, that there is no documentation regarding a diagnosis for ADD, and suffer no consequences.
>>
File: 1489651744571.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
1489651744571.png
88KB, 568x548px
Guys, give it to me straight. If I can do the OPAT, can I pass the PT test at BCT at Week 7?
>>
>>33720376
>tfw have these strange creases on all my joints
>even have bracelet lines on my wrists

will the doctor think theyre cutting scars?
>>
>>33724189
Are you not allowed to have had an appendectomy?
>>
>>33724889
Seconding this, I have a tiny stitch mark on my bellybutton. I was told I only need a waiver for it if its bigger than a dime.
>>
i'm 20 years old and not a US citizen, i'm trying to immigrate but it seems like it will be at least two years before i get my papers.

i'm healthy and i'm exercising, I want to join the Marine infantry;

is it mostly composed of 18-19 year olds? how likely is it that i will get a combat tour?

>>33723569
can you talk about what is required for non citizens?
>>
>>33719444
What branch are you joining? Please stay away from the marines
>>
>>33725275
You need a permanent resident card. That's it. you're gonna have to do some other bullshit like convert your high school grades, verify your birth place and do the language test if you've been in the country for less than a year but that's about it. So you'll just have a to wait a couple of weeks from time to time. also you'll not qualify for anything that requires a security clearance so start looking for what MOS you can get and not hate your life.
>>
File: laughing-serval.jpg (98KB, 846x900px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-serval.jpg
98KB, 846x900px
>>33723902
>>
I'm slotted for Pashto at DLI.

How do I get rid of this god-forsaken language and get something like Korean?
>>
>>33727438
Yeah you're fucked. Enjoy your time in hell.
>>
>>33727438

Why the fuck did you sign up for linguist if you didn't want to be whatever kind of linguist the military needs?
>>
>>33727438
>not claiming to know a little korean going in so you can get prioritized for it
How do you think "David Kim" got to study Korean at DLI?
>>
>>33724703
Recruiter is on your side, MEPS is not. You can most likely tell him
>>
>>33720837
What's so bad about nuke?
>>
>>33719543
Welche Verwendung haste?
>>
>>33728058
Grenni!
>>
File: group of fat women.jpg (146KB, 1476x984px) Image search: [Google]
group of fat women.jpg
146KB, 1476x984px
This is the enlisted Air Force

Say something nice to them.
>>
>>33724889
You 100% are, but don't tell them that you never had it removed and then they find it's missing later.

You don't ever want evidence that you may have lied at MEPS.
>>
File: pj_chief.jpg (367KB, 3619x2635px) Image search: [Google]
pj_chief.jpg
367KB, 3619x2635px
>>33728111
Damn dude, did an airman fuck your bitch?
>>
File: IMG_0345.jpg (30KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0345.jpg
30KB, 320x310px
I've read plenty of articles about the French Foreign Legion, but is there anyone with any experience here? Wasn't there a legionnaire who posted on here once? Does anyone have a link to the thread if it got archived? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
>>
are support job in the army / muhreens looked down on by the infantry guys, or is that just a meme?
>>
File: 1483132784147.jpg (164KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483132784147.jpg
164KB, 1000x750px
>>33726554
Why should I avoid the marines?
>>
>>33728436
It's the military, so there will always be bantz, but only boots and retards actually argue the grunts vs POGs shit seriously.

Any mature individual who you will want to associate with will have respect for all roles.
>>
>>33728436
Is it an enlisted job?
>are support job
>are support
And there is my answer.
>>
>>33728509
You should stay away from the marines because it's a lot of extra suck for no real reason.
>>
>>33728436
Not really. Sure they may take joking jabs at eachother, but it's all in good fun. The infantry guys knew what they were signing up for, so if they're salty its on them. All the jobs are important, and Someone needs to do them. Most people understand this.
>>
>>33728543
>>33728436
Exactly, we're in the fucking 21st century. Warfare is ridiculously dependent on the supply train trailing behind it, so every job in the army has its reason to exist firmly entrenched in it. Can't fight without food, ammo, fuel, batteries for the NVGs, spare equipment, so on and so forth. Of course nothing would get done without the actual fighting units also, but it's all a big ballet that only works when everyone's dancing their part.
>>
>>33728017
We should really add an explanation as to why Nuke is shitty in the master post
>>
Alright guys my dream is to work in private security and live as a paranoid mountain hermit when I retire (if I'm still alive and not limbless).

I'm a dairy farmer at the moment and am trying to get into the New Zealand army, I meet all the physical and educational requirements and then some, I've applied now I'm just waiting to hear back. I've applied for infantry because I see it as the most useful.

So my question is, if I get in what would be my next course of action to becoming a private security contractor?
>>
>>33728436
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkj8IGR5Zw

You tell me.
>>
File: thinking nigger.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thinking nigger.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
If the Air Force is the only military branch that pretends it a corporation, doesn't that mean it is essentially competing for personnel with other corporations? That seems like a dumb idea.
>>
>>33728623
>that high pitched voice and constant pausing
That Corporal sounds like a fucking airfag.
>>
>>33728436
Do you know what support means? Sure, you may live in a nice home that protects you from rain, snow, heat, and so on. It sure would suck if someone destroyed all the SUPPORT beams in that house.
>>
>>33728656
Jokes on you fag, I live in a shipping container!!
>>
>>33728623
He's not looking down on him. The sgt is mad because the support guy's aren't doing their job. That would make anyone upset.
>>
How physically fit is the average Intel guy in the military? Would it be weird if I'm Navy Intel and want to max out pt tests?
>>
>>33728682
>aren't doing their job
But no supportfag ever does their job. Unless under active threat.
>>
>>33728626
What did he mean by this?

>>33728847
>I've never been deployed: the post
>>
>>33728766
Back of the line guys got all the free time necessary to become total /fit/ aesthetics queens since you're not being forced to ruck everywhere and live for days, if not weeks at a time entirely on Snickers, dip and MREs. They can count calories, lift weights and cut properly. POGs on average can (and often do) look better than grunts because of this.
>>
>>33728623
>22 y/o CPL trying to fix their shit
>"hurr durr talk like a marine I don't wanna hear your excuses"
>"fix the shit you assclowns"
>won't fucking tell him any details
>"how are them hot showers?? I'm gonna find you boy and do this shit old school"
>CPL still has no idea what is wrong

Excellent job, sergeant, you really showed him. Just yell at the remote comm guy a lot and your shit will get fixed!
>>
>>33727675
>>33727793
I actually didn't sign up for linguist.

I'm a 35m and when I signed initially, there was no language requirement. I'm a few weeks out from finishing AIT and I've got to sign an extension to go to DLI, I'm just not looking forward to a year and a half course for a language only spoken by dirt farmers in Afghanistan.
>>
>>33728070
>Es ist kein Mensch, es ist kein Tier – es ist ein Panzergrenadier.
Welche Laufbahn? Wie lang hast du dich verpflichtet?
Bin am überlegen zur Kampfmittelbeseitigung/Feuerwerkern der Luftwaffe zu gehen.
>>
Was thinking of joining the Air Force and going into something involving the Medical field. Any anons here that wanna give some advice on the jobs I want?
>Pharmacy Technician
>Physical Medicine
>Medical Laboratory
>Medical Material
>Health Services Management
>Biomedical Equipment
>>
Any Canadians here?
I've thinking about joining the reserves, apparently they've sped up the process.
Which of these is better
>artillery soldier
>combat engineer
>infantry soldier
anything else i should know before choosing?
>>
If anyone is looking to join the Air Force and gets 2W0XX Munitions Systems (AMMO) technician, turn away and never look back. My recruiter made it sound super cool but fuck this job.
>>
>>33729628
Buddy of mine just got out of Artillary. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed nor the most mentally stable but it sounded boring as fuck.
>>
>>33729628
A few of my buddies are regular forces.
One just got out of artillery because he was bored as fuck (also probably not mentally stable)
I've met a few combat engineers through friends. Good trade seems interesting.
Infatry just sounds fun. Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>33729628
we don't see you on the same level as the rest of the forces (reg). This is mostly unjustified because I've seen a reserve force infantrymen with a bigger chest rack than reg force sergeants.

Deployments happen
Deployments will get stolen from you by retarded officers who have more pull than you
you still go through BMQ
You do fun field shit occasionally

infantry would be more fun than artillery, combat engineer would be more useful than infantry

we call you toons.
>>
File: nazi german stupid.jpg (174KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
nazi german stupid.jpg
174KB, 500x640px
>>33729423
7 Monate, bin grade mit der Grundi durch. Wollte eigentlich nur mal reinschnuppern und schauen obs wirklich so gut fickt wie so Internetseiten wie aganauten.de versprechen. Tut es nicht, ist alles mau. 41-Stunden-Woche ist heftigst Arsch. Hab bis jetzt noch nicht mal MG3-Ausbildung gekriegt; wegen meiner kurzen Laufbahn werd ich under Umständen jetzt ohne SGA/DPA direkt in den Stab verschoben und darf die nächsten 4 Monate Kaffee kochen und Eier schaukeln.

Das Sahnehäubchen obendrauf ist, dass hier inzwischen alle krass dumm sind, IQ nahe Raumtemperatur in Stetten. Die Zeiten von Wehrdienst, wo der Bund so ein Bevölkerungsquerschnitt mit einer brauchbaren Menge an Abiturienten war sind sowas von tot. 90% der Leute hier sind Hauptschüler, die übrigen 10% sind hier um mit Wehrdienst Geld fürs Studium zusammenzukratzen (ich), over unterforderte Feldwebel, oder (nervlich) überforderte Offiziere, die mit all den Dämlacken kaum klarkommen.
>>
File: IMG_3759.jpg (102KB, 567x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3759.jpg
102KB, 567x337px
>>
File: lu bu is confused.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lu bu is confused.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>33730077
Why is the air force guy so wide? He's not even shaped like a normal fat guy, but instead he has the body of a pregnant woman?

What the hell is the AIr Force up to?
>>
>>33719459
Ask your recruiter.
>>
>>33729897

Hatte mir auch überlegt zum Heer zu gehen,hab aber mehr schlechtes als gutes gehört.Schätze der Bund ist generell ein Witz.
>>
>>33730241
They are fed estrogen.
>>
>>33730241
>What the hell is the AIr Force up to?

Experimental male pregnancy research.
>>
>>33730241
It's the cut of his blouse.
>>
>>33729897
Warum hast du dich nur für 7 Monate verpflichtet?
Praktisch überall steht, dass man bei einem so kurzen Wehrdienst kaum mehr als Kaffee kocht nach der AGA.
>>
>>33728604
What's bad about it, except the high stress during training?
>>
>>33730397
Weil im September Wintersemester anfängt. Priorität von Bund ist deutlich unter Priorität Ingenieur werden.
>>
>>33719254
Gentlemen I'm a mech engi, considering a military career because my family has lots of military friends and I interact well with them. Also I like guns.
>features strongly on my myers briggs and SII, too
I've heard that with a degree you can enlist as an officer, though I've talked with some people at my career fair (I'm still in school) and it seems like they want fresh graduates. This gives me some time to choose what I want to do. I kind of want to be an armorer and put my autism to use maintaining all the weapons and making them work good, but I'm sure I could hit higher with my degree.
My GPA's kinda shit though.

>TLDR
MechE who wants a military career. Suggestions?
>>
File: when you google Blouse.jpg (19KB, 370x535px) Image search: [Google]
when you google Blouse.jpg
19KB, 370x535px
>>33730313
>blouse
Hmm. I wonder what the Air Force meant by this.
>>
>>33730448

Army and Marines called them blouses way before the Air Force adopted the term.
>>
>>33730397
>>33729897
Nebenbei, wo hast du "Aganauten.de" ausgegraben?
Die letzte Aktualisierung derer News-Seite war 2006!
>>
>>33730513
Ich weiß. Ich hab ein paar BW-Slang-Begriffe gegoogled und wurde auf deren Lexikon verlinkt. Danach hab ich mir praktisch die ganze Seite gelesen, inkl. AGA-Tagebücher (Aus den verdammten 90ern und frühen 2000ern). Hat mich etwas beeindruckt, also hab ichs als Herausforderung gesehn mir damit die Kante zu geben. Hier angekommen stellt sich heraus, dass aufgrund von 41-Stunden-Woche und 6-monatiger Probezeit (d.h. erste 6 Monte kannst du instant kündigen wenns dir zu dumm wird) total die Luft aus dem Laden gelassen wurde, da wenn sie die Leute so hart ficken würden wie damals innerhalb von zwei Wochen keiner mehr da wäre.
>>
>>33730432
Have you already looked around on the Army, Air Force and Navy recruiting sites for officer jobs?
How long do you want to enlist? What skills do you wanna gain?
>>
tips to losing weight?
i'm 10 pounds over the max
went in thursday to the recruiters office before meps and found out, going back monday to see if i've lost any
since then i've cut salt out immensely and am laying off of carbs
>>
>>33730770
What's the last sweet thing you consumed?
>>
>>33730770
a swig of milk this morning
no sweets, candy, ice cream.
been aiming for low calories. eggs with a small portion of meat twice a day. unsalted nuts in between if i get peckish.
>>
>>33730806
>>33730828
>>
>>33730828
Doesn't milk boost aromatese which converst your testosterone to estrogen in males, which in turn fucks your metabolism?

Why is milk on your daily to do list when you want to drop pounds?
>>
>>33730854
protein. not much either way, less than a half cup
>>
>>33730409
I'm just trying to become a humble Army spook, but I've been in these threads long enough to know nuke is probably the worst thing you can do
>>
Posted on here a few ties but I'm officially done with basic training now.

Ask a guy who had to do 11B OSUT three times due to failing his PT tests anything.

I'm at a 256 on my APFT now and I was offered an 18x contract so I guess being recycled wasn't all that bad.
>>
>>33719444
>waste of trips
If you don't know that you're going to OCS before MEPS, you're already fucked.

Also your mindset is pathetic and gonna get good people killed.
>>
>>33731224
Is 2 months enough time to get in shape for basic and OSUT?
>>
>>33723342
Kinda rude but our rule is: after 24 hours in the field you can claim a butt.
>>
File: 20170406_115632.jpg (139KB, 654x526px) Image search: [Google]
20170406_115632.jpg
139KB, 654x526px
>>33720196
Holy shit same here my dude. Except I'm really just getting started looking around at jobs. I'm really fit already, how much of a meme is SERE? That one caught my attention
>>
>>33731314
How out of shape are you?

Do yourself a favor and have and do a 2-2-2 on yourself and see how well you do. If you are close to the standards you should be good.

The bare minimum is 35 pushups, 47 situps and a 2 mile run in under 16:36.

If you are close or are already there, obviously keep exercising but you should be good. I'm not trying to be a douche but objectively speaking basic training is easy as fuck. It's made so that even bottom of the barrel shitbags can pass. The only kind of hard part is the first 72 hours and for OSUT guys, FTX. Other than that it is not very hard at all.
>>
>>33731057
WHY?
>>
>>33731382
God I need to write up something to put in the template.

Short words: people kill themselves regularly at nuke school, and the work is long hours (12-16) either under deck or on a sub.
>>
>>33731371
I'm not in the greatest shape. I can currently run a 2 minute mile in 17 minutes, do 33 push ups and 40 sit ups within 2 minutes.
>I'm not trying to be a douche but objectively speaking basic training is easy as fuck.
Nah you're not a douche, if it's really that easy then I guess I should be able to be just fine in two months. Thanks anon, I'm not worried at all now since last month I was really out of shape.
>>
My co-worker is a vietnam vet. after getting out he spent time in new york working in a recording studio in the early 70's, then moved to LA and bussed tables in beverly hills and raced muscle cars, then he moved to miami and lost everything funding diver teams looking for spanish gold.

Every time I hear his stories I realize Im 23 and I havent done anything exciting in life. So Im considering joining up. Wheres a good place to look to get a basic overview of what all I could try and do in the US military? is there an online practice asvab that will tell me what options I'll have? And what are the requirements for joining the French Foreign Legion?
>>
>>33731451
Keep it up. It's not a total cakewalk. You still have to try and you will be destroyed if you took what I said as "It's easy and I don't have to work hard for what I want".

Make sure you are running at least 2 miles every other day. When I first joined I was at 17:36 for my first APFT now I'm at 13:10. You are nearly there on push ups and your sit ups still need work but you should have it.

Good luck.
>>
>>33731483
I will keep up, I've been currently running and working out 4 days a week. Out of curiosity, should I start rucking now or will I be fine?
>>
>>33729666
>>33729686
>>33729695
Thanks I think I'll aim for Combat engineer
>>
>>33731501
If you are short you might want to. Or if you just want to get better. But you would be fine if you didn't.
>>
>>33731526
I see, guess I'll practice anyways so it won't hard later on. Cheers.
>>
I'm 23 and currently enlisting in the National Guard as an 11B. My plan is to stay in the NG for a year, finish up my Bachelor's Degree and work out as hard as possible and then try to go Active Duty on an 18X contract. Is this a good plan? I'm in decent shape now, and shouldn't have a problem with OSUT, but I know I'm not nearly in shape enough for 18X. You guys think a year is long enough training time to get ready for the pipeline?
>>
>>33731775
18x is for suckers. Go 11b and try out later on.
>>
>>33731838

>t. recruiter
>>
>>33731844
You realize you can always submit a packet for SF later on right? Unless you're in the top 1% of physical condition, there's really no point going 18X.
>>
>>33731844
Recruiters are the ones who push people to take 18x and Recon contracts. They get to trick all the infantry wannabes with high GT scores into going open contract.
>>
>>33731869

>there's really no point going 18X

Bull fucking shit. The optimal thing to do in that case is to prioritize fitness for six months or so and make sure that you'll pass selection before you even go to meps.

>>33731913

They do that, sure, but I've seen them try to sell 11b too.
>>
>>33731838

This is a retard-tier plan.

>Go 18X off the bat because it's the most direct route to SOF.

Good plan. The attrition rate for those who actually prepare isn't that bad. Most of the washouts are people that should never have taken 18X contracts anyways. Plus you get a special prep course. The downside is if you don't make it you might end up a cook.

>Train up as a civilian, then take 18X

Totally respectable way to get where you're trying to go. There's no military training that can be as focused and intense as training up as a civilian. In the military you don't usually get to set your own workout schedule, and you may even atrophy during training.

>Take a non-infantry MOS, then drop a packet sometime later.

Not ideal if SF is your goal, but this at least builds marketable skills and gives you a good fallback if you wash out. Plus technical skills (intel/cyber/aviation) are in high demand for SOF so it gives you even more options.

>Your plan. Enlist as conventional infantry, then drop a packet sometime later.

Retarded. Most people who say they're gonna do this will never even drop a packet. Being a conventional grunt isn't going to prep you for SFAS, and it may ruin you. Plus if you washout you're a vanilla infantryman.
>>
>>33719254
why do the muhreens have much better cadences than the other branches?
>examples;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cADYu1qruHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65zSJyqVWSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grpZB2wcdbY
>>
>>33732061

Because they have to have something to distract them from the blackmold in their barracks.
>>
>>33732058
>Plus if you washout you're a vanilla infantryman.

I mean that's kinda the point. You can get dropped by things that are out of your control and I imagine SF wannabes would rather be infantry than cooks.

>Being a conventional grunt isn't going to prep you for SFAS

Please explain, because I don't believe that. MARSOC CSOs are almost entirely ex-infantry even though any MOS can try out.
>>
>>33732206

Dude. MARSOC is a fucking clown show right now and probably will be until sometime in the next decade. If I have to explain to you why that is then the explanation would be lost on you.
>>
>>33732219
Okay, thanks for letting me know you're clueless.
>>
>>33732206

>Please explain, because I don't believe that

Because green berets aren't just ubergrunts. Selectees need to demonstrate teamwork, leadership, maturity, and technical aptitude.

Being able to run and ruck are literally the easiest parts of SFAS to train for, and they're something you can easily do on your own time. The skills that will actually matter are just things that will atrophy with a term of service as an infantryman.
>>
File: IMG_3769.jpg (69KB, 388x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3769.jpg
69KB, 388x700px
>>33730077
The blueberries made the navy unique but the type iii looks more military than the rest.
>>
File: crayon consumer.jpg (40KB, 512x340px) Image search: [Google]
crayon consumer.jpg
40KB, 512x340px
>>33732219
>If I have to explain to you why that is then the explanation would be lost on you.
Explain anyways, since you seem like such an expert.
>>
>>33728678
>>33728678
Go back to diy
>>
File: 1492812061670.jpg (16KB, 469x543px) Image search: [Google]
1492812061670.jpg
16KB, 469x543px
>>33731338
Bump.
Does anybody know anything about Air Force SERE?
>>
>>33732287

It's another tiny job field that serves as a meme for people who think they're too good for anything but the Air Force but wanna be innawoods.
>>
>>33732090
isn't that why they're all alcoholics?
>>
File: 1476070551933.jpg (11KB, 394x295px) Image search: [Google]
1476070551933.jpg
11KB, 394x295px
>>33732300
Oh okay that's what I thought.

Different question, I'm Joining Air Force projected to get a high 80's on ASVAB, what kind of jobs should I look into if I want a fun job? I don't want to be a desk jockey. I'm 5'10, can run a decent 1.5, and have nothing wrong with me.

Maybe I should look to other branches?
>>
>>33732272

MARSOC is closest in nature to SF of all SOF. MARSOC only allows its members to be in for three years before cycling them back out. The pipeline takes a year to complete, although it's more around 6-8 months if you do Force Recon first. That means that your average MARSOC guy deploying to do FID missions is either on their first or second time out. At best you've got an ex Recon guy who might be on their their year doing this shit.

By contrast SF's average age is something like 35. It takes experience and a certain personality type to do this and that's hard to come by. MARSOC thinks that all Marines are special, and that no Marine is more special than others. The top NCO in the command structure is from the fucking motor pool. They literally bleed anyone who has been in long enough to no longer be considered a rookie due to the three year cycling thing.

I was interested in MARSOC, but decided against it because I don't do institutionalized clusterfucks.
>>
>>33732381
All of your information is years out of date. For example, CSO's got a primary MOS in 2011 allowing them to stay in MARSOC permanently. Anyway I wasn't trying to start a MARSOC vs SF debate.

>>33732249
What about military-specific skills like weapons training, mission planning, comms training, living in the field etc. SF might not be super grunts, but they still live and operate like grunts. I don't see how a civilian would replicate the experience of a grunt deployment or how that experience wouldn't be helpful.
>>
Why are the marines considered a meme? Why do people say they suffer from the "suck" more than other branches? What the hell is the "suck"?

Why do people believe they deal with more bullshit than other branches? Why would they deal with more bullshit? Why are they looked down upon?

I'm 19 and want to join the Marines but everyone shits on them in the most vague ways possible I just don't understand
>>
>>33732548

>What about military-specific skills like weapons training, mission planning, comms training, living in the field etc

You vastly overestimate how much experience a single enlistment as an infantryman is going to help with these traits, and how important they are in SFAS. Remember, infantrymen are by far the least-trained specialty in the entire Army.
>>
>>33732557

The Marine Corps exists to facilitate the needs of the Navy, primarily in the form of infantry and auxiliary equipment. They don't care about their own personnel in the least.
>>
>>33732548

>they still live and operate like grunts

No they do not. They do not live or operate remotely like grunts. Their entire way of doing things is vastly different, and if you don't get that then I don't know what to say to you.
>>
>>33732561
I just don't see how having that kind of experience can hurt when compared to a civilian or MOS that works in a shop all day.

>>33732594
Feel free to stop posting anytime.

>>33732557
I hear you man. Every conversation I try to have online about the military is always extremely vague. Like the one I'm having right now. One guy is clearly parroting old news articles and the other guy is like trying to get information out of a brick wall.

Oh well, only 37 more days until I ship and can find out everything myself.
>>
>>33732575
Why don't they care? Why does it matter if they exist for fill the needs of the navy? That doesnt mean they can be treated like shit. I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me
>>
If i was to join the Army, as an 11x, what is the likelihood i will lose an arm in combat? id be alright with losing a leg, but if i lost an arm, idk how id live. seeing as how playing a guitar is one of the few things i do in my free time.

additional question;
i was at work one day, and i was talking with an 11b. he said he'd rather walk places than be in an LAV or a humvee, simply because they're RPG and IED magnets, and it almost always results in a "meatlocker". How does one make sure they don't end up in those situations?
>>
>>33732745
>what is the likelihood i will lose an arm in combat
currently slim because the US is at peacetime
>How does one make sure they don't end up in those situations?
don't enlist as 11x
>>
>>33732740

The Marines have more limited resources. They receive less training, older equipment. They can't afford quality personnel or facilities.

They have taken all this and internalized it in their culture.

>We're Marines, we like how shitty everything is because we're badasses. Join us and everyone will think you're tough.

In reality, they're simply worse than the other branches at being an effective force, and they try to make up the difference with chest beating.
>>
>>33732779
>don't enlist as 11x
What is a combat mos that doesn't involve getting in those deathtraps?

I've always wanted to join the army, but i'd feel like a pussy if i was to do a support job. I'm not bashing the support jobs by any means. I just don't think they're for me.

>currently slim because the US is at peacetime
Do you really think thats gunna last much longer?
>>
>>33732854

>i'd feel like a pussy if i was to do a support job

You sure you're old enough for the military there son?
>>
>>33732920
i wasn't aware 19 was too young?
>>
>>33732557
When I was at Keesler for tech school, we were there with Marines who were there for their A school.

Some examples I saw while I was there:
>They slept 4 to a room, we slept 2 to a room
>Up earlier for harder PT
>More restrictions on personal freedoms like curfews, liberty, etc.
>Had to fucking salute the flags and ask for permission to come aboard, just to enter their own barracks

Here's the thing. All branches go through some form of suck during their tech school, OK the marines had it worse. But it doesn't really end after tech school.

You'll continue to share a tiny room with 2 or 3 other dudes until you make CPL, then it will probably be 1 roommate, and then once you're a sgt you'll get your own room.

Meanwhile, in the Army + Navy, most jr enlisted live 2 to a decent sized room, and once you make E-5 you get moved out and paid a housing allowance, if not you'll probably have your own room as E-4.
In the AF, you get your own room with shared bathroom/kitchenette off the bat, and move out at your 3 year / E4 mark, but most bases move you out quicker.

In the barracks, you'll spend plenty a sunday scrubbing the place, pulling weeds, etc, or standing in formation because some idiot decided to destroy the trash can out front in a drunken rage at 2AM.
Army/Navy is much more lax with their barracks life, and the AF basically treats it like a 1 room apartment.

Most people here are vague because they're not in the military and only parroting what they've heard from others.
>>
>>33732945
Since that went right over your head:

He's calling you out for being immature.
You don't join for the "glory" of a front line job.
>>
>>33732995
I don't want glory. I could give a fuck less what people think. The only thing i'm worried about it getting killed without having a chance. getting killed while shooting back is one thing, but getting killed because some dune coon put some shit in a pile of trash and blew the vehicle i was in up is another.
>>
>>33733084
Why does it matter?
You're dead in the end anyways, and depending on your position as support, you're probably not going to be riding on convoys through the middle of town.
>>
>>33733084

Welcome to warfare for the past 100 years. War isn't Cawwaduty gunfighting, it's lots of bored walking/standing around before instant and unavoidable death/dismemberment. At least the side you're on only has to worry about IEDs. The dudes we're fighting can get hellfire'd by a killbot literally any minute of their lives and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it.
>>
File: tay.jpg (80KB, 1010x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tay.jpg
80KB, 1010x1024px
Continuing last thread's talk about washing out, Should I go in as, say some sort of secure job (linguist, say) and then retrain into TACP? It's what I want to do, period. But I have that fear of washout, not due to bad attitude or lack of fitness or any sort of self-sabotage mental bullshit, but even of something as unavoidable as a simple injury, that i'd wash out and just get seperated. What do you guys think?
inb4
>you have already failed in your mind
Nope, just trying to mitigate risks and maximizing possibilities regardless of what happens
>>
>>33733217

I'd be less worried about failing out of TACP than CCT. You do you though.
>>
>>33733084

>he thinks infantry get stand up fights with an enemy who hangs around to shoot it out with them

You're as likely to have a duel at twenty paces if you aren't SOF.
>>
>>33733217

Most likely scenario is that you're 500 % fed up with military bullshit after being a linguist for 4-6 years and decide to get out and pursue a civilian career. It's not really a bad thing, but that's pretty much what happens to everyone with a career plan like yours.
>>
>>33732735
>I just don't see how having that kind of experience can hurt when compared to a civilian or MOS that works in a shop all day.

Not those anons but people coming in straight off of civilian street and from combat support and combat service support MOS can bring other skills and perspectives to the mission.

If you have 12 grunts told to get something done they will get it done, but they'll do it exactly like they were trained by big Army which doesn't translate well to small units working semi-autonomously. If you have 12 people with different skills and experiences there's a chance they will come up with a better way to solve a given problem.
>>
>>33731838
>18x is for suckers. Go 11b, get your dick broke off, and then talk about how you totally planned to drop an SF packet later.

FTFY you famalam.
>>
>>33730432
>Also I like guns.

I got something to tell you son, have a seat.

You're interaction with small arms while in the military is going to be about 90% sitting outside the armory for 3-6 hours at a time, cleaning the same fucking spot on any given part. And then you'll be told to go back and clean it at least ten times before you the armorer will take the weapon from you.

The other 10% of the time will split up among the following activities: carrying it but without ammo, carrying it with blanks which you will come to hate because of the subsequent time spent cleaning before turn in, going to live fire ranges that are designed to be as little actual fun as possible, and watching other troop's weapons so they can go get chow while you're outside the armory.

If you want to shoot guns just go to the fuckin range.
>>
>>33730448
>Hmm. I wonder what the Air Force meant by this.

Probably the same thing every other fuckin branch calls it.

t. Army veteran who always said and heard the uniform top referred to as a blouse

ps: pants are also called trousers
>>
>>33728623

This isn't so much "epic" as it is someone getting in the way of getting their fuckin problem solved.
>>
File: 1491417841494.png (156KB, 1470x786px) Image search: [Google]
1491417841494.png
156KB, 1470x786px
>>33719254
I hate college and thinking about joining. I got about 30 credit hours. Where would that take me in the three main US branches?
>>
>>33734479
btw I got a 77 on the ASVAB
>>
>>33734479
You'd start out as E-2 in the Marines. Can't go any higher than that.
>>
>>33734479
That would get you e-2 in the army I think. you need 48 hours for E3
>>
>>33734479
>I hate college and thinking about joining.

Why do you hate college?
>>
>>33730741
Just looked at army
If I was on my computer and not mobile I would cite one of the positions besides 12A, although working with explosives sounds pretty rad
>>
just got home from 11B osut, any questions? I'll be on for a little bit
>>
>>33735334
Guard? If no, where ya stationed at?
>>
>>33732287
>>33731338
Ask the trip GarandThumb. He posts on the Gear queer threads sometimes. He is a SERE instructor so he will be able to answer your questions. I am friends with him and it is a really cool job. More advisor as fuck than operator but you still get to do cool shit like parachute all the time and do force on force CQB.
>>
>>33734479
>hates college
>aka retarded
>>
Do armycucks know before enlisting that over %90 of deployed men get cheated on while in deployment? Do they just not care about it?
>>
>>33735683
Source?

I honestly don't believe that most guys know that, and if they do they fall into the "it could never happen to us" demographic.
Not justifying it at all, but humans do have needs and 6mo - 1yr is a long time to go without sex. I believe that only the strongest of relationships could survive that.
>>
File: armycucks 1.jpg (96KB, 632x721px) Image search: [Google]
armycucks 1.jpg
96KB, 632x721px
I really have to order my pictures one day, it is taking me forever to go through them.
>>
chance of war within the next four years?
i want to do something as infantry :(
>>
File: Screenshot_110.png (296KB, 518x437px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_110.png
296KB, 518x437px
>>33732823
>limited resources
yes
>older equipment
yes
>shit facilities
yes
>less training
absolutely not.

but I take you've never been in the corps, or had actual field experience with someone who has been in the corps.

fuck right off
>>
>>33735683
And 50% probably cheated on their wives first.
>>
>>33735932
>>33735683
>get wife pregnant before deployment
>don't get jody'd
>>
>>33735725
>>33735841
Fuck, I can't find the rest of the pics. I have literally thousands, it's difficult to find the ones of army guys getting cuck'd, but I thought it was extremely common knowledge by now.
>>
>>33735988
Thousands of pictures still =/= 50% of the military.
>>33735945
This
>>
>>33736126
I have thousands in total, not thousands of army guys getting cucked.

The %90 figure was just a way of saying "almost all of them." There are no studies showing a percentage of army's partners cheating, you dumbass.
I think you are in denial because you don't want to admit you got cucked while you were serving.
>>
>>33734934
college has turned out to be people who didn't do what they wanted to do in high school doing whatever they want and not growing up

my classes feel like a sham since the professors barely teach and they;re their to get their masters

overall I just lost the spirit to study more and a bit of >>33735650
>>
File: 1492472244399.png (212KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1492472244399.png
212KB, 922x882px
Canadian here, Been trying to join for the past few months. Passed the Fitness, Aptitude tests with amazing scores and Interview. Only issue is I have a mild heart murmur and was denied, I got letter written from my heart specialist stating that Im fit to serve and im going to appeal it. What are my odds here of getting in?
>>
Hey guys I was diagnosed with asperger's when I was 10 and my recruiter knows this already. Any way to still get in with a waiver?
>>
File: IMG_3781.jpg (214KB, 857x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3781.jpg
214KB, 857x733px
>>33736214
From what I've seen military wives can be pretty loyal. It's one extreme to the other. They're either super slutty or super loyal. I'd say it's probably more like 50/50 slutty/loyal. If she's married to an officer or an NCO she probably won't fuck up a good thing. If she's married to a junior enlisted they're probably both young, stupid, and got married for the wrong reasons. I'm sure there's a few exceptions everywhere.
>>
>>33736222
You should try online college.
>>
>>33735914

you forgot

>chestbeating
yes
>>
File: 1463422357163.jpg (415KB, 1228x868px) Image search: [Google]
1463422357163.jpg
415KB, 1228x868px
>>33731259
>If you don't know that you're going to OCS before MEPS, you're already fucked.
You're absolutely wrong. Just think about it: Why would they swear me in, train me, and commission me before MEPS? Even if I had no idea how this process works, I'd trust my recruiter before I trust (You).
>>
File: 1478297375239.jpg (430KB, 1080x763px) Image search: [Google]
1478297375239.jpg
430KB, 1080x763px
I'm going to try ROTC @ my uni lads, I'm an Electrical Engineering major. Is this a bad decision overall? Will I be able to get a job in my field (EE) after I do my 4 years?

I really want to serve my country, in a direct manner. I just have my doubts sometimes, I'm getting a lot of negative feedback
>>
>>33736401
>ROTC
which branch?
>>
>>33736422
US Army, I am hoping for Infantry or EOD.
>>
File: 1488678383267.jpg (1MB, 1114x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488678383267.jpg
1MB, 1114x1200px
>>33736427
If you want a job in your own field, generally, you need experience, so you need to plan it out correctly. If you were AF 62E (developmental engineer) you'd have direct experience you could take with you to the civilian side of the MIC. That's not to say you can't lateral transfer to something more relevant from something fun. For example, I'm going Navy, hoping for either aviator or NFO. From one of these roles, I can lat transfer to AEDO (aerospace engineering duty officer). If I do that for a few years, then I would be able to get an engineering job in the civilian sector. Since you're going army, I would recommend looking through infantry/eod career paths and decide where you'd like to end up prior to leaving.

What the civilian sector cares about the most is experience, not your skills and degree. You could have a 4.0 in electrical engineering from MIT with a hundred different skills and a bunch of projects and professor recommendations behind you but you won't get a job if you don't do any internships while you're a student. You won't have any trouble landing a job relevant to your experience after leaving, since (assuming you serve at least 4/5 years) you'll be an O-3 and have "veteran" status. Companies will hire you since this tends to cancel out affirmative action (or if you're black/hispanic, enhance it). The only question is: will you be getting the job you want?

The other thing you can do is use your GI bill to get a master's degree in EE. The master's itself is not as important as the fact that being a master's student will allow you to build connections and enter campus job fairs to attain internships. Nepotism rules the job market, so the master's option is popular with people who couldn't get internships as an undergrad as a last ditch effort to get a toehold in a job.
>>
File: 1488714799425.gif (3MB, 588x514px) Image search: [Google]
1488714799425.gif
3MB, 588x514px
>>33736548
Just a quick followup. I looked into army officer MOS's on wikipedia. perhaps this could help you in case you're willing to change your army career path:
Officer
51A Program Management
51C Contract Management
51R Systems Automation Acquisition and Engineering
51S Research and Engineering
51T Test and Evaluation
51Z Acquisitions
>>
File: navy eod.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
navy eod.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>>33736548
Sage advice, my friend.

The Masters route is what I figured would be my "go to" after I end active duty. For the same exact reasons as you stated, the opportunities for internships and connections - The post 9/11 GI Bill will work wonders here.

ROTC scares me because it's a commitment that may physically coincide and get in the way of such valuable internship experience.

>>33736587
Thanks for taking the time to address my concern - looking on wikipedia for me and all.

I don't intend on choosing an MOS related to my field of study, I just wanna blow shit up and serve the country I love with honor and distinction.

But I do worry about what comes after that, I have a degree but no relevant experience. Is 4 years as an officer marketable?

I should just stick with the present!
>>
File: ensky_gp2.jpg (177KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
ensky_gp2.jpg
177KB, 500x620px
>>33736657
>I don't intend on choosing an MOS related to my field of study, I just wanna blow shit up and serve the country I love with honor and distinction.
Go for it.
>But I do worry about what comes after that, I have a degree but no relevant experience. Is 4 years as an officer marketable?
Very marketable as leadership experience, and if you're white/asian, it'll counteract affirmative action. It is very powerful, and combined with the masters you'll enjoy being an electrical engineer in a defense company. Good luck.
>>
>>33736269
the real asperger's moment was telling your recruiter that you have asperger's.

never give up, though.
>>
>>33735914

Currently in a joint command where I work with Marines daily. They receive less volume of regular training as well as less opportunities to go to skill courses. This shows, as Marines are usually lagging behind their TIS peers in other services when it comes to being effective in their jobs.

Stop trying to wear your incompetence as a badge of pride.
>>
>>33736813
So do I find a new recruiter? What happens if I submit a waiver?
>>
>>33736427
EOD is significantly more marketable after you get out of the military. You get a ton of electronics focused training and can honestly, without stretching the truth say you have hands on electrical experience doing things like soldering and troubleshooting equipment. You get a Top Secret clearance, which is a great boost. You will also likely pick up a ton of little certifications like hazardous materials handling and technical intelligence courses which will make you look smart.

If you want to go the other direction and do security work or something rather than technical work, you will also have a good chance of having gone through some advanced shooting courses like TigerSwan, security training courses like Executive Solutions, and more importantly you'll have actual hands-on experience doing plain clothes security many times, which most infantry guys won't be able to say.
>>
>>33736819

can someone confirm if this true? i wanted to join marine infantry but now i'm getting spooked. should i go army?
>>
>>33721152
What the fuck would you be lying about, Anon?
>>
>>33737866
My experience as Army with the Marines has been mostly positive. Experienced Marines work similarly, if slightly differently than their Army counterparts.

I have trained marines who happily learned from me, I have been trained by marines and learned from them, and I have trained and worked alongside marines and it went fine.

The biggest Marine chodes are their new guys or their POGs who have chips on their shoulders. Those guys are moto meme machines who spew all the garbage indoctrination propaganda. It is cringe for everybody in the room when a neverdeployed Marine POG sizes up a multideployed Army guy and claims he is more hardcore.

The whole "Marines are poor" thing is a meme. It might have been true decades ago, but the GWOT fast tracked their funding. Marines have their own special version of everything and use almost no hand-me-down gear anymore. Marines have a smaller budget, but it's because they've intentionally designated themselves to push a lot of support work into the Navy or other branches. If a moto Marine ever says they do more with less, remind them it's only possibly because they are parasitic to all the other branches.
>>
>>33737866
Can't confirm but will say this. If you want to be infantry, receive ridiculous amounts of range time and in-house schooling (we dont get slotted for things like air assault, advanced cqb courses or sensitive site exploitation, etc) because we do it all within Bn then try and come to Ranger Regt. It is the place to be if you can get through the first year or two. No better place to grow up.
>>
>>33737997
thank you anon

>>33737993

i'm sorry but i can't really follow what you're saying. can you explain it in layman terms?
what steps are you recommending for the path to the ranger regiment?
>>
File: 1394487215188.jpg (185KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1394487215188.jpg
185KB, 960x731px
What's the deal with civvies saying "Oh don't join [BRANCH], you're too smart for them!"

It's usually when I tell people I'm joining the Marines that they drop that shit.
>>
>>33738068
Because civilians only have the most superficial understanding of the military informed by memes and movies. Many of them seem to be unable to grasp that there are different jobs within each branch.

I recently did a project at a college where they interview veterans (free credits for me, so why not) and while the interviewers seemed genuinely interested, their questions betrayed a total lack of understanding. And those are smart civilians who prepared beforehand.
>>
>>33738038
I took an option 40 back in June 06' and reported to Bn in Jan 07'. That's the quickest way to get here. It is a little longer now, RASP being 8weeks vs RIP which was 4 then. Get to Regt, forget everything youve learned outside ofRthe bits you'll pick up in RASP and dedicate yourself 100% for the first year or two to learning your job and becoming an effective member of your team/squad. That'll be tough bc everyday will be awful for you, you'll be treated like scum for a long time but you will have to pick up what they're putting down to stay. Find a mindset thatbis conducive to learning and bullet proof to the hazing and you'll be fine. I remember graduation day of RIP the cadre told us to look around bc a year from then the man to our left and our right would not be in Bn any more. It is. Very tough place to get to. However, it is an even harder place to stay.

All of this aside, it is a place worth being.
>>
what are the rules about ritalin usage for rotc? looking to join late since I've done some college already

no ADHD diagnosis but had been using it for a while when getting my associates. is it just be clean for90 days? that's what I was told by a friend.
>>
>>33738269
I was told just don't say shit. Unless you're under Tricare, they have 0 access to your civilian medical records.
>>
>>33719444
>>33726554

Are these dates for Army OCS?

I was a Marine OCS washout a few years back due to injury with a recommendation to reapply. Currently I'm applying for the program to let you go into the Army as an enlisted CID Agent because a post-military career in federal law enforcement is more important to me. I am just curious about Army OCS dates since the packets for CID and OCS are nearly identical. My shit is still pending and a back up plan never hurt anybody.

Anyway, Marine OCS is difficult yet disappointing. PT is everything. If you are a stud you will graduate no matter what and if you are toward the middle or the back of the pack your grades will slip because PT is tied to everything. "If you can't run 3 miles in 18 minutes, how can you lead Marines?" Shit like that.

With regard to the leadership reaction courses, they don't really care if you have the ability to make tactically sound and smart decisions. All that matters is being able to scream at the candidates assigned to you, even if you can't accomplish the given objectives.

Lastly, the cadre is seriously retarded. I have heard Army OCS is judged and graded by officers. Don't know how true. Marine OCS is led, graded and taught by enlisted. One of our Sergeant Instructors was covered in Star Wars tattoos, including some shit from the prequels. It's quite a site having someone with a Darth Maul tattoo telling you how stupid you are.
>>
>>33738288
Navy OCS. I want to fly, so NA/NFO, but the selection board for that is different than others, so you'll have to ask a recruiter.

I think I'm on a good track for PT. My record for pushups is 85 in 2 minutes, but I usually crank out 70. Same for situps. My 1.5 mile was a whopping 13 minutes though so I have to work on that. I'll admit it: I still have belly fat but it's going down recently. I've been training this for 6 months now and I'm making ok progress. With the snow gone and the weather warm I've been able to work on running more. Thing is, I've lost my job so I'll have to get a construction job or some other shit to hold me over. I still haven't told my recruiter that I lost my job so that'll be a fun conversation...

>One of our Sergeant Instructors was covered in Star Wars tattoos, including some shit from the prequels
This is a great argument for discontinuing tattoo waivers.
>>
Tell me about Civil Affairs (38B) and PSYOP (37F).
Are these good MOS?
>>
>>33738283
you got in while taking it? I'm supposed to get a physical or something idk if they test or whatever
>>
>>33738455
I was on a low dosage prozac for a few years, and decided to join the military while I was already cleared and being weened off of it.

I was 100% that my depression was situational and not a result of chemical imbalances in my brain, so I made the educated decision to enlist, but if you think you NEED your medication then I was advise against it.
>>
>>33738444

Psyops is pretty cool, I seasonally work in politics and some of the best political campaign propagandists I have met were Psyops guys in the reserves. Some of the guys I thought for sure were going to college after high school went right into Psyops and they seem happy with their choice.
>>
>>33738481
yeah nah don't need, just wasn't sure about being weaned off like you said or whatever their requirements are for not having it
>>
>>33739007
>>33739007
>>33739007

NEW THREAD

>>33739007
>>33739007
>>33739007
>>
>>33737866
>can someone confirm if this true? i wanted to join marine infantry but now i'm getting spooked. should i go army?

I don't know about infantry but this would fit my experience with intel. There is not a very high opinion of Muuuhrreeeenz which is primarily the fault of their cult status.
>>
>>33722531
If you reply, then he's fooled you.

It's obvious pasta.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.