[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2nd Chinese carrier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 46

File: C97PF-DU0AA6Ddd.jpg (128KB, 1199x620px) Image search: [Google]
C97PF-DU0AA6Ddd.jpg
128KB, 1199x620px
only two fucking years. TWO FUCKING YEARS.

CV17 SHANDONG launch soon.
>>
File: C97PF-CUQAAHgbJ.jpg (109KB, 1199x618px) Image search: [Google]
C97PF-CUQAAHgbJ.jpg
109KB, 1199x618px
a bit closer.

Those huge fucking AESA arrays.
>>
File: C92yypgUQAA_ooo.jpg (523KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C92yypgUQAA_ooo.jpg
523KB, 1152x2048px
meanwhile, the EMC mockup in Wuhan simulating the next Chinese carrier takes shape.

The island closely resembles the Ford-class CVN with dual band AESAs.

CV18 will be a conventional CATOBAR tho.
>>
File: C93I056VwAIEejy.jpg (21KB, 333x354px) Image search: [Google]
C93I056VwAIEejy.jpg
21KB, 333x354px
>>33716198
Ford-class in question. Note the similar layout (large array plus smaller array above).
>>
>>33716170
>ramp
lmao
>>
File: 1.jpg (702KB, 2048x1359px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
702KB, 2048x1359px
Side shot of CV17 from some days ago.
>>
>>33716228
Better than British ramp, at least.

Allows for the sortie of 3 aircrafts shortly after another, unlike just one bc just one launch position on the QE.
>>
File: IMG954151.jpg (12KB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG954151.jpg
12KB, 270x480px
>>33716170
>Ramp

Into the trash it goes
>>
Impressive

Truly China shows the capability to defend Chinese shores from American and Japanese bullying. The speed of Chinese development just shows that China has what it takes to be the superpower of the future.
>>
File: 201912rfmpqi54p7iw153m.jpg (257KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
201912rfmpqi54p7iw153m.jpg
257KB, 1440x810px
Deck almost cleared.
>>
>>33716274
America would be OK with it now due to Trump, but Japan is on suicide watch.

They have lost on all fronts. TPP is ded, China continues to grow, RCEP comes out as best option for Asia Pacific, ASEAN still not united against China, Duterte still BFF of China, THAAD would be killed when worst Korea elects communist sympathizer president next, and Japanese economy still rekt due to no victory on the inflation target front.

Japs BTFO kek.
>>
Is /k/ the choice of the PLAN for propaganda and chest beating?
>>
File: 1458204252310.jpg (235KB, 963x608px) Image search: [Google]
1458204252310.jpg
235KB, 963x608px
>>
File: C9xXcrzUAAElmt-.jpg (63KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C9xXcrzUAAElmt-.jpg
63KB, 1200x800px
Navalized J-20 when?
>>
>>33716323
Nothing against ramps in general, but why did the Brits settle with this especially bad ramp design?
>>
So, is it safe to say that China launches one CV each two years?
Impressive.
>>
China doesn't have the man power and modern ships to make and deploy 2 carrier groups at the same time.

A lot of their smaller new construction ships have literally been taken out of the water and put on blocks. Because no ability to actually use them. Not at least until their current active ships are retired and the sailors and logistics can be freed up.
>>
>>33716309
It's about 10% genuine interest in Chinese shit, 10% 50 cent shills and 80% trolls since /k/ can't ignore any China Strong bait.
>>
>>33716374
>China doesn't have the man power

You do know China has 1.4+ billion people right?
>>
>>33716170
Why are gook shills so ecstatic about a shitty Kuznetsov copycat?
>>
>>33716374
How the fuck does China of all countries lack man power? The USN can turn the dumbest nigs into competent and respectable sailors. If China lacks manpower, I have a few million Mexicans and African-Americans I'm willing to donate to the PRCN as a gesture of friendship from the American people.
>>
>>33716396
>The USN can turn the dumbest nigs into competent and respectable sailors.

This.
During any bigger conflict in history, the quickly expanding navies were fueled by new recruits to form the biggest and most effective navies of their time. There is no reason to believe China couldn't do the very same here.
>>
>>33716338

In general terms, It's mostly a meme. There's nothing particularly bad about having ramped carriers provided you've got a good aircraft to launch from it.

With picking STOVOL, you gain huge logistical benefits for some tactical loss.

Like everything, you have advantages and disadvantages.

In specific regards to the QE class, the RN liked the STOVOL configuration from their experience in the Falklands War.

In addition, that EMALS was in serious problems which would introduce major risks into the QE program that were unacceptable. Steam powered CATABAR wasnt on the table either as the QE class is conventionally powered with a IEP setup (similar to that of the Zumwalt and Type 45).
>>
File: asuka carrier pantsu.png (574KB, 503x500px) Image search: [Google]
asuka carrier pantsu.png
574KB, 503x500px
>>33716393
The fifty centers are trying to scare the US away from naval conflict in the western Pacific. Too bad they don't have any actual fifth-gen planes, our SSNs and SSGNs can travel their waters with near impunity, and their carrier has
>A
>FUCKING
>RAMP
>>
>>33716353
If by launch you mean putting it in the water, yes.

If by launch you mean ready for service, no.

For comparison the USS George HW Bush (a ~50% larger ship) got its feet in the water in 3 years, but took 3 additional years to be ready for service.
>>
>>33716489
>Too bad they don't have any actual fifth-gen planes
There's about 15~ J-20s operational atm senpai
>>
>>33716548
My numbers were off, the Bush is twice the tonnage.
>>
>>33716170
>ramp
>>
>>33716584
you cannot count all the prototypes as operation aircraft. So minus those its more like 6, but that is still more than 0
>>
>>33716396
>man power
>>33716454
>>33716388
China has 1.5 billion people and conscription. yet they don't actively draft people.

I suspect any shortages of people has to do with their budget, capacity to train, and lack of officers.
>>
>>33716584
Not in the western sense of the word.

Literally not enough time to adequately train an entire squadron on non prototype birds along with groundcrew.
>>
>>33716305

To top it off, only 1/5th of its population is willing to fight for its country at this point. Where did everything go so wrong?
>>
>>33716696

I don't think officers are the problem. It's the lacking core of experienced no-bullshit NCOs.
>>
>>33716305
>THAAD would be killed when worst Korea elects communist sympathizer president next

THAAD is already in country, friend.
>>
>>33716388
>>33716396
Not the other guy but It's not about having the most people. It's about turning people into effective citizens, airmen and sailors which is something they're struggling with because of nearly 70 years of indoctrination which has placed being politically reliable above being a competent officer. They officer corps IIRC places political theory as a high priority for it's peeps.
As it stands China is actually set to go into a crisis because they're getting so old.
>>
>>33716198
>Hey!
>Hey guys!
>Look at this ship!!
>It's got a RADAR!!!
>USA BTFO by heroic Chinese inventors!!!!!!!!

Every fucking thread.
>>
So a THIRD Admiral Kuznetsov will soon be going around polluting the air and water?
Great. Is that the PLAN's plan to retake Taiwan? Melt the ice caps so the waters flood it.
>>
>>33717075
American missiles can't hit what they can't see.
>>
Why the hell don't they use nuclear reactors to power their ships?
>>
>>33716734
And has never shot down anything larger than an MRBM, next.
>>
>>33717075
China rebuilt the Laoning's engines, it doesn't roll coal.
>>
>>33716489
>Be Asuka
>Meeting the Third Child for the first time
>Wear your most boring pantsu
Asuka truly is worst girl.
>>
>>33717211
I don't the Chinese even trust themselves to build one safely.
>>
>>33716489
>any actual fifth gen planes
You know it looks bad when Americans are still in this much denial.

'Fifth Generation' is a LM marketing phrase that they used to differentiate the F-22 from the F-15. And by the very criteria they set of having all-aspect stealth, LPIR radar and highly integrated computer systems, the J-20 passes.

Get the fuck over it, you're not the only ones with fifth gen anymore.
>>
>>33716584
And the US still has the numbers of "good enough" planes to first strike every airfield within a hundred miles of the coast of any country on the planet.

Though if this pilot shortage keeps up they might not have enough people to fly them all. My brother's a Captain pending Major and he's citing only a 44% retention rate after their 12 year commitment is up.

The USAF doesn't have enough pilots, so they work the ones they have to the bone, which makes them want to quit, which makes them not have enough pilots. Thankfully they're offering a fucking 30k bonus or some shit for a single year's extension so hopefully that keeps the numbers up until they can get more officers through pilot school.
>>
>>33717262
>chinese government, bastions of truth who would never ever lie about their capabilites, claim the J-20 can do these things
>completely unsubstantiated
>>
>>33717296
So despite thousands of photos, hundreds of hours of video, volumes of analysis by western officials, and independently verified promotional material, you're going to claim China has spent hundreds of billions of dollars on a fake fighter jet of which they over a dozen of, for the sake of propaganda.

Be a lad and kill yourself to increase the general thread IQ
>>
>>33717358
no my boy, I'm saying that talking about shit like
>all aspect stealth
in reference to the J-20 is unsubstantiated, which it is unless some mystical sekrit documents have come to fruition.
>>
>>33716305
We're not on suicide watch... we're wary of the complex situation surrounding East China Sea. We simply follow Trump-san like an "obedient dog" like we did with Bush Jr for Iraq Reconstruction Group or whatever. Sure, we're repelling Article 9 slowly, but within the bounds of not angering or alerting the Gooks and Chinks too much... I think.

We're sticking with humanitarian as usual, performing Anti-Somali operations at sea, and doing UN work as always in some impoverished country. We build friendship in such way slowly whether it's effective or not is a matter of question. At least the Afghanis were pretty fucking happy after what we did for them a few years back.

>Link related: http://www.tolonews.com/business/japans-green-earth-program-transforms-nangarhar-deserts

Apart from that, not so much going on around here. I think what Japan is doing at the moment is similar to aftermath of WWI.

>join Allies who will predictably win the war
>Allies win war
>Japan gets a chunk of ex-German islands and a portion of China
>we got free territory for doing errand work for the Allies!
>littleffortneeded.jpg

Now, events leading to WWII aside, I think that's the plan for Japan assuming we aid the war effort of America/China against North Korea. Japan is smart to some degree, don't get me wrong. They've been discretely BTFOing South Korea by telling America they can't be trusted entirely when it comes to keeping promises (see Comfort Women agreement from a year ago between Japan and Korea).

These are just my opinions, I'm just an observer.
>>
File: 1408397265817.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1408397265817.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>33716696
>china
>conscription
>>
>>33716696
>I suspect any shortages of people has to do with their budget, capacity to train, and lack of officers.
>>33716727
>I don't think officers are the problem. It's the lacking core of experienced no-bullshit NCOs
>>33716739
>Not the other guy but It's not about having the most people. It's about turning people into effective citizens, airmen and sailors which is something they're struggling with because of nearly 70 years of indoctrination which has placed being politically reliable above being a competent officer. They officer corps IIRC places political theory as a high priority for it's peeps.
>As it stands China is actually set to go into a crisis because they're getting so old.

China is an interesting puzzle. It sure seems like they should have enough people, the minority of the population who are true believers and eat up the propaganda isn't small and they tend to be somewhat educated as well. The idiots don't learn the propaganda because they don't learn anything from anything.

It might be because the Chinese have a focus on business rather than military. Military is considered an honourable career but few people think of it as a profitable career I think (though it is actually, excellent benefits packages and very early retirement plans). A lot of things in China are half-assed though, people just do the bare minimum to get something approved and don't give a shit about the problems, it's not universal but it's very common. In theory, that should be less common in the military but I bet it's not.
>>
>>33717075
I want to post that picture comparing Liaoning's engine room with the Russian one, and another comparing the smoke output of both.

But I can't find it.

It is hilarious, tho. China's carrier looks like it runs on completely different sort of power source compared to the 19th century coal plant of the Kutz.
>>
>>33717254
Yeah, and thats why they will build one in UK.
>>
>>33717211
This carrier is to build their skill base, which is why it's a second Laoning, their third carrier will be different.

Whether that means nuclear or not is unknown.
>>
>>33716696
>China has 1.5 billion people and conscription. yet they don't actively draft people.
I missed that, they could have conscription if they needed it of course but they don't have it at present. Not National Service either.

And they wouldn't bring it in on a whim, they're very concerned about pissing off large chunks of the population, much more than western governments. There is a genuine fear of a revolution which keeps more controversial stuff from happening.

In the event of national defence, conscription could happen easily enough, the population won't grumble much if they actually have to defend their own soil. In the absence of any concrete threat to the nation, people wouldn't tolerate it. As it is, the evasion rate would probably be high.

Another reason to avoid it is that conscription can't help but militarise large amounts of the population and since the government is already wary of the threat that the population poses, they're unlikely to want to hand out free weapons training to everyone.
>>
Chinese prototype hypersonic scramjet missile unveiled.

Will be the YJ-12s successor.
>>
>>33717461
>Yeah, and thats why they will build one in UK.
Why test your design on your own soil?
>>
>>33717500
They actually have one for at least a decade. It's a pebblebed gas cooled reactor.
>>
>>33717211

Why should it be? If there's one meme that should die is that carriers need to be nuclear.

GAO did report on the effectiveness of conventional vs nuclear. They found the difference between them marginal at best.
>>
>>33717232
It's not even shimapan...
>>
>second carrier
>the carrier is obsolete and would last approximately three days in a war against any advanced nation with modern anti-ship missiles

lel.jpg
>>
>>33717552
M-muh power projection! Muh strategic airlift! Muh unverified hypersonic missile that somehow surpassed all of the leaders in missile technology!
>>
KEKRAMP
U
C
K
R
A
M
P
>>
>>33716170
Impressive. Only a strong lead power with an efficient economy and production base could make such a marvel of engineering possible. Truly we are living at the dawn of the age of China. With over a Billion people, there is no way for any other nation to contest them, especially with their increasing advances in material and theoretical sciences. It's clear that Pax Americana is over and that China has taken its rightful place yet again as the undisputed strongest nation on the planet, and soon to be solar system with China's ever widening technological edge in Space.
>>
File: PriyankaChopraFeet164071601.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PriyankaChopraFeet164071601.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>>33716274
You fags are behind even the poo in loos, who are bigger, and have a space program.

You're below even curry niggers.
>>
File: Confusion LEVEL A ver.5.jpg (214KB, 668x958px) Image search: [Google]
Confusion LEVEL A ver.5.jpg
214KB, 668x958px
>>33717532
Asuka's too cool for shimapan.

>>33717591
>and soon to be solar system with China's ever widening technological edge in Space.
Oh please, China, the space roaches are going to fuck you up too.
>>
>>33716170
Wew they built that well

Meanwhile the Ford is STILL not working.
>>
>>33716237
Wait, that looks thicker than the last one
>>
>>33717782
>a ship at sea isn't working
>>
>>33717424
the usa has conscription. it just isn't active at the moment.
>>
>>33716605
>70,000
>100,000
>>
Do we know what it's going to be named yet?
>>
>>33717823
Maybe he was talking about trucks for some reason?
>>
>>33716244

>STOBAR
>Better than dedicated design STOVL
>Ever

I can find a pier to roll a bunch of planes off into the water and call it a faster sortie rate but it ain't gonna be doing anything more. STOBAR is literally the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>33717842
Wi Wil-Sink
>>
>>33716338

Except it's actually a better design. What defines sortie rate much more is flight deck space to move around and prep for launches, munitions/fuel taking and permit landing space. The QE's ramp design allows takeoff, landing. queuing and flight maneuovering simultaneously.

The "muh 3 planes at once" heavily restricts the overall flight deck area being used, it's a very short term boast for a very large long term flight deck sortie loss, let alone the complete fucking nightmare that STOBAR is on a plane's range.
>>
>>33717855
Well, you knew you were getting into that when you bought a Ford.
>>
>>33717881
Oh man, I was holding out for the Sum-Ting Wong.
>>
>>33717823
Ford has not been commisioned because of seemingly unresolvable issues with EMALS and the truck.

It became, as of December, the modern carrier with the longest start/comission time in history.

There has been extensive discussion about abandoning certain aspects of EMALS.
>>
>>33717884
>let alone the complete fucking nightmare that STOBAR is on a plane's range.

Except this is not true now. The Type 001A changed the launch angle and length so that there are no range restrictions.

That's why it added 5,000 more tonnes.
>>
>>33717524
>They actually have one for at least a decade. It's a pebblebed gas cooled reactor.
I believe they have several though I think most of them are built by foreigner companies. I was just shitposting.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (18KB, 282x415px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
18KB, 282x415px
>>33717531
>GAO did report on the effectiveness of conventional vs nuclear. They found the difference between them marginal at best.

Source or get the FUCK out
>>
>>33717907
>Except this is not true now.

Eh? You still have to lighten the fuel/munitions load on the aircraft to account for the higher stresses and lower impulse of a ramp launch tho.
>>
>>33717295
>The USAF doesn't have enough pilots, so they work the ones they have to the bone, which makes them want to quit, which makes them not have enough pilots. Thankfully they're offering a fucking 30k bonus or some shit for a single year's extension so hopefully that keeps the numbers up until they can get more officers through pilot school.

Serve's em right for all the shit they pull on them.
>>
>>33717926

Two seconds on google.

http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/ns98001.pdf
>>
>>33717908
They actually have 44+ and counting. 4 of which use a Chinese design that they now have exported to three countries.
>>
File: ludicruos smug.jpg (44KB, 398x370px) Image search: [Google]
ludicruos smug.jpg
44KB, 398x370px
>>33716489
>planefag
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>33717222
>And has never shot down anything larger than an MRBM, next.

So it's never shot down anything other than the thing it's designed to shoot down?
>>
>>33717358
AusAirPower is not a trusted source.
>>
Who is worse the vatniks or the GLORIOUS CHINKS posters.
>>
>>33718007
I'm not even seeing very many serious GLORIOUS CHINKS posters in this thread, honestly. There's a couple, but surprisingly few have turned up.
>>
>>33717949
Literally no sources on this

The one source was a US government report in 2013 hypothesizing that the Lainoning J-15's were limited by the ramp in numbers of missiles and fuel tanks. In 2016 China released tens of videos showing this not to be true with J-15's carrying 3 fuel tanks and 6 missiles. (I assume they upped the strength of the landing gears).

The Type 001A enables the launch of transport aircraft and electronic K-2000 as well because of its lowered ramp and upgraded launch system.

The Chinese aren't idiots. Stop underestimating them.
>>
>>33717976
I'm not reading that but i know its bullshit. itsliterally infinte range vs limited range. plus you can carry more plane fuel and ammo. hows is that marginal?? whats more now american can turn seawter into fuel which makes them even more effective.
>>
>>33718007
Vatniks. They shit up every thread they post in. The GLORIOUS CHINKS only really show up for "muh scenario stands".
>>
>>33716696

When it comes to figuring new ways to fuck around and blame the other guy, Chinese are masters.

This extends from businesses where they'll claim a design that uses exclusively metric measurements has a tolerance of .25 inches because the part of the print that talks about tolerances doesn't include units.

Now take that level of bullshittery and apply it to the military. This is why their navy is understaffed.
>>
>>33718014
I'm sure the Chinese aren't idiots. You have to be pretty smart to build a jet and an aircraft carrier.
I estimate the Chinese so low not because they are stupid, but because they have two aircraft carriers, neither of which are on par with American supercarriers, and not nearly enough aircraft on par with ours to even begin rivaling our Air Force, or Navy.
>>
>>33717901
How to tell someone only reads the headlines of clickbait.
>>
>>33718014
Catapults are still better though.
>>
>>33716170
>>33716274
Keep making that cash 50 cent brigade
>>
>>33717358
>J-20
>all-aspect stealth

You have to pick one faggot
>>
>>33718014
>K-2000
The KJ-2000 is most definitely not carrier capable. It's the size of a jumbo plane.
>>
>>33718048
>muh meme no source shitpost opinion by 35 year old balding overweight "white"

Find a source
>>
>>33717390
>Trump-san
Interesting.
>>
>>33718124
someone who reads sources*

It was originally scheduled to be commissioned in late 2014... that's on the navy webpage.
>>
>>33718247
t. Newfag

>Impressive
poster is a known autistic troll who posts in every thread semi-related to China.
>>
>>33718063
>not nearly enough

It's quite the opposite. The USA can't barely operate aircraft in the various hot spots like the South China Sea.
>>
>>33718017

Everything you said is addressed in the study. The choice is yours if you wish to be willing ignorant.
>>
>US study lobbies for supercarriers

I'm shocked!
>>
>>33718286
Muh bad

http://www.popsci.com/china-builds-its-own-wild-weasel-to-suppress-air-defenses
https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2015/12/electronic-warfare-version-of-china-j.html
>>
>China's economy will collapse
>grows faster than expections

It's underestimating China the running joke analog to overestimating the Soviet's capacities?
>>
China may be planning to build around 10 new bases for its future aircraft carriers, the state-owned Global Times newspaper reported on 20 April, amid speculation that the Asian country will operate at least six carriers in the coming years.

"In the long run, China needs to develop its own aircraft carrier battle teams, with at least six aircraft carriers, maritime forces led by guided missile destroyers, as well as attack submarines," Xu Guangyu, a senior advisor to the China Arms Control and Disarmament Association, told the paper.

"These aircraft carriers will enable the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) to break through the first island chain [into the Western Pacific] to achieve command of the sea," Xu added.
>>
>>33718446
6 carriers would mean the USA would be forced to compromise it's worldwide power projection to counter that amount of Chinese carrier battle groups.
>>
File: IMG_0048.png (180KB, 580x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.png
180KB, 580x563px
>>33718419
Yes

So is the no girls meme
>>
>>33718474
>>33718446
The greatest advantage of China over the USA is still how low China's defence budget is, while they are fulfilling all of their strategical goals.
>>
>>33718519
It just showcases that China's state capitalism runs a less bloated military industry complex than the USA, which is all kinds of sad.
>>
>>33718519
Lol no

Chinese nationalists were really disappointed this year because China barely raised its budget. Xi and his strategists changed their geopolitical strategy sometime last year
They are allocating more budget to foreign development and less to the military. This was accomplished by cutting the army another 20% and shifting the savings to the navy/air force.
>>
>>33718517
Men will just marry foreign women from SEA anyway.

China has a history of turning entire population groups to Han Chinese.
>>
>>33718561
>China's state capitalism runs a less bloated military industry complex than the USA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, is this your first day shilling? Thanks for that laugh.
>>
>>33717591
>marvel of engineering possible
You realize they were given the plans right, when they bought the other carrier?

>With over a Billion people
... to feed and getting increasingly older and male dominated
>>
File: b0054850_1572937.jpg (499KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b0054850_1572937.jpg
499KB, 1500x1000px
I told you so, idiots.

I said the Chinks make half the steel in the world and would not allow their steel mills to stop churning out inferior grade product.

They can do this for another ten years. Just keep dropping keels.
>>
>>33718606
Except it does.

>>33718626
Stop taking the bait you retard

>older
Younger than USA
>male dominated
Always has been lmao
And if you meant le ratio meme>>33718517
>>
>>33718659
What is that?

>inferior
Why does everyone buy it?
>>
>>33718519
This.

The reason I don't take Russia seriously is that they have the economy the size of Italy. Once the technology and expertise they inherited from the USSR becomes obselete, they are basically Italy with delusions of grandeur.

China on the other hand didn't even hit 2% until recently. If China was a NATO country, General Mattis would be shouting at them for not spending enough. If they want to militarize, they have a lot of scope to do so.
>>
File: 1479078046383.jpg (459KB, 1200x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1479078046383.jpg
459KB, 1200x1250px
They cleaned up the island nicely, no 100 meme antennas and or manually rotated radars and crap. Vodkas take notice - you could buy carriers from China for a third of the money it would take to build them on your own.
>>
Imagine the smell of those mess halls
>>
>>33718739
None of that affects how many planes and ammo it can carry. The chinese one is prettier, big deal. the russian one is fighting a real war doing real ops, not for parade.
>>
>>33716454
China has nobody to teach them.
>>
>>33718800
The absense of extra crap on top implies more advanced equipment fulfilling the role of the missing extra crap you find on top of the Russian carrier.

Also how many airplanes has the chink-cv lost last year?
>>
>>33716487
STOVL sucks compared to CATOBAR. We all know it.
>>
>>33718800
Yeah, I still remember that proudfull power projection of their carrier!
>>
>>33718800
>The chinese one is prettier
The Chinese one is also being produced by a major world power, and not a shambling cold war relic
>>
>>33716198
>The island closely resembles the Ford-class CVN with dual band AESAs.
Fucking hell that's tall.
>>
>>33718812
Russia is doing real carrier ops, china just doing parades. completely different.
>>
>>33718739
Oh hey, a brand new carrier looks nicer than one that is almost 30 years old.
In other news - water makes things more wet.
>>
>>33718857
Yeah, I bet the American ones look like the Russians. Not
>>
>>33717893
Ho Lee Fuk?
>>
>>33718739
I want to say that i'm not against buying a chinese carrier or other warships. because they do have a very efficient shipbuilding industry.
>>
>>33718866
They probably would if you had another Great Depression and ended up parking your carriers in the arctic without maintenance for a decade or two.
>>
>>33718857
Of course not, but unlike Russia the US economy didn't have a complete collapse in the nineties.
>>
>>33718014
Sources? It's basic physics. You cannot fool physics with propaganda.
>>
>>33718857
The Liaoning is as old as the Kuz, in fact it spent 20 years as an abandoned ghost ship in a port.
>>
>>33717907

"We'll make our carrier and it'll have NO WEAKNESS ANYMORE despite that drawback being an inherant part of the STOBAR launch and recovery method"

Deposit to your account is complete.
>>
>>33718927
Yes but the chinese cleaned it up and rebuilt it. its basically brand new now
>>
>>33718927
Yes, and afterwards completely refurbished by the Chinese.
>>
>>33718946
>>33718942
What's keeping the Russians from sending the Kuz to Dalian for a year or two? It's the Chinese, they'll sell you anything as long as you pay them and Russias budget is good enough to finance the conversion into a 001A.
>>
Maybe some chinese friends can tell us if true or not, but chinese wages in private sector go up by 10% year after year? If so, i understand why they cannot find enough people to join navy.
>>
>>33718975
>i understand why they cannot find enough people to join navy.

They're building ships faster than they can train crews, total tonnase of the PLAN is growing nearly as much as that of the USN and unlike the USN they're not just replacing old ship with new ones.
>>
>>33718964
The same reason the US would never do that - national pride and security concerns.
Also, the Ruskies are broke.
>>
>>33718326
If you read sources you would know the 3 year delay was caused by a redesign in 2012, and that EMAL works fine.
>>
>>33718964
Poverty.
>>
>>33718739
I can feel how stuffy the air is just by looking at that top picture.
>>
>>33718517
>>33718693
Your chart backs up the claim that there are tens of millions more males than females in China.
>>
>>33718659
WHAT IS THIS SHIP
>>
>>33718964
They don't need a carrier, they have more important things to spend their money on.
>>
>>33719069
Yeah and that's normal in a country of 1.4 billion people...

You're supposed to have 105/100 males/females in the newborn generation naturally.
>>
>>33718857
Liaoning got launched in 2011. Kutz is from 1987-1991.
>>
>>33718964
The aircraft carrier itself.

It is shit.
>>
>>33719158
Yes - and your point is?
>>
>>33718879
DING BAM-POW

What's funny is that it was a Korean airliner that this references
>>
>>33718903
>it's basic physics

The US claimed they couldn't take off with a full-load and the Chinese proved they could last year in multiple videos. It took them awhile though, which means that they either improved their cruising speed or strengthened the landing gears. A J-15 with three fuel tanks and 6 missiles
>>
>>33718975
Only went up 6.5% last year. China's been going apeshit with robots and importing Viets.
>>
>>33719033
>[Citation needed]

I admit my EMALS knowledge only goes to early 2016, but it was one of many major issues on the Ford that the GAO pointed out in 2016.

Also
>redesign 2012
>Ford 98% complete
>>
>>33719169
>almost 30 years
>20-23 years
>>
File: IMG_9279.jpg (79KB, 972x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9279.jpg
79KB, 972x607px
>>
Rank Country Spending ($ Bn.) % of GDP
World total 1,676.0 2.3
1 United States 596.0 3.3
2 China 215.0 1.9

If China increased their defense spending to 3.3%, the same level as the US, it would be $373 billion. That's a lot of spending.

If they went full RUStard, go up to 5.4%, it would exceed the US def budget at $611 billion.

If they went full Cold War Soviet tier RUStard assuming a defense spending of 18% of gdp, it would give them a $2 trillion defense budget until economic collapse.
>>
>>33719255
Dude, your autism is showing.

Also
>a brand new carrier looks nicer than one that is almost 30 years old
> Kutz is from 1987-1991.
>>
>>33718800
Doing real war ops? After limping into the Med, it proceeded to lose, what, two? Three planes? Just on landing attempts. Then turned around and struggled on home.
>>
File: yak.jpg (136KB, 972x607px) Image search: [Google]
yak.jpg
136KB, 972x607px
>>33719277
what the hell is this jet? It looks like the YAK-38 but surely china does not have any of those.
>>
>>33719316
I think it's a Q-5. They landed one last year IIRC

Honestly I suck with Chinese plane names though desu
>>
>>33719202
Empty tanks, mockup weapons, and reduced fuel load in the internal tanks. Big fucking whoop.
>>
File: IMG_1614.png (115KB, 800x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1614.png
115KB, 800x370px
>>33719131
The norm is more females than males.
>>
>>33719356
the Fantan? nah man the tail is all wrong
>>
>>33719158
The Liaoning was launched in 1988.
>>
>>33719316
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_JH-7
>>
>>33719359
[Citations needed]

>>33719367
Keywords you illiterate fuck
"Newborn generation"
>>
>>33719401
shit it looks like you're right but I had no idea the JH-7 was carrier capable.
>>
>>33719371
Apologies I told you I suck with their names look here>>33719401

They used a few on Liaoning the 6 months. Essentially anti-ship truck
>>
>>33717390
You slint eyes are all the same backstabbing animals that jump on white dick to one up each other
>>
>>33719431
I honestly don't think the Chinese will pursue it further since the J-15 is honestly more efficient, but they proved its concept last year and may keep 4-6 on the ship instead of more helis.

Liaoning is the ugly bastard child lab rat so it gets all the new prototype navalized aircraft. Expect a giant crash one day at the rate the Chinese are testing (US had a few and so did the Soviets).
>>
>>33719233
>2012
>Ford 98% complete

It was in the 90 percentile of structural construction at the end of 2012.
>>
>>33719472
I thought the chinese were going slow?
>>
File: IMG_1615.png (115KB, 800x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1615.png
115KB, 800x371px
>>33719418
Here is the under 15 years old version of that map, notice a similar trend?
>>
>>33718722
Because it's cheap as fuck.
>>
File: 0_17e944_1aa4b9e0_XL1.jpg (58KB, 591x800px) Image search: [Google]
0_17e944_1aa4b9e0_XL1.jpg
58KB, 591x800px
>>33716170
looking better than the slavs.
chink burger alliance when?
>>
>>33719489
>first carrier 2011
>next carrier 2017
>next 2019
>next 2021

>amphibous assault carrier 2019
>second 2021
>third 2023

Nah

>>33719487
Highly unlikely they made a significant design change at 90% structural completion. Source for this design change in 2012?
>>
>>33719504
Yeah and here's an actual real life peer-reviewed source in December 2016>>33718517

And here's a Japanese source
http://asia.nikkei.com/Features/Too-many-men
>Recent data suggests the male surplus is smaller than has long been thought because, researchers argue, many parents did not register the birth of daughters. But trafficking cases suggest that Chinese men face a real difficulty in getting married. The number of births in China increased by 1.31 million, or 7.9%, in 2016 from the previous year, but the imbalance in the marrying age will continue for many years.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161129145640.htm
http://www.sciencenewsline.com/news/2016113000480050.html
https://www.google.es/amp/m.scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/2050444/chinas-missing-girls-theory-likely-be-overblown-study%3Famp%3D1
>>
>>33718602
It also has a history of getting defeated at every single turn by western powers
>>
>>33716170
how many miles will this one make it out of port before it breaks down? 13?
>>
>>33719577
Yeah like in Korea and Vietnam

>>33719584
Liaoning hasn't broken down in 6 years of operation, but good meme!
>>
>>33719525
I will give you a clue what to look for since you seem genuinely interested.

AAG
>>
>>33719614
>literally can only "win" by breaking the peace accords, after the enemy military has mostly pulled out. Completely disregarding your 1 million dead soldiers and 3 million dead civis.
>literally "won" by not winning at all, and had a fucking stalemate against the UN of all things in a force you outnumbered 2.5 to 1, and still incurred upwards of five times as many losses and most civilians you are supposed to be protecting are dead, and under your guidance you allowed your half of the country to turn into a hellhole.

When does the winning start?
>>
>>33719557
You realize you are still providing evidence that more males than females are born in China when the norm is the opposite.
>>
>>33716170
>2nd Chinese carrier
their first carrier is retro fitted ukie
>>
>>33719707
Jesus christ anon

>In a study around 2002, the natural sex ratio at birth was estimated to be close to 1.06 males/female.[7] Infant mortality is higher in boys than girls in most parts of the world. It has been hypothesised that this is due to sex differences in genetic and biological makeup, with boys being biologically weaker and more susceptible to diseases and premature death.[8]
The peer-reviewed research I posted above shows a 1.045 male/female birth ratio. That's literally normal, and the same as Japan.
>>
>>33719707

Wait, what's being argued?

The Chinese are known to have a disproportionate number of men compared to women because only rural farmers could have a son and daughter. Everyone else was limited to just one, unless they could pay steep fines (which nearly everyone of them couldn't, when it mattered). This resulted in a lot of abortions. Not just in cities, but in the farming population because they were unable to afford two children, and it made more sense to raise a son not only for prestige but also labor value.

Sons are always more highly valued than daughters in Chinese culture, that's just the fact of the matter. This, combined with selective abortions, and the overall trend towards single child families has meant you see a lot more Chinese males than you do females. The result of which is bad, bad news for them in the long term. This surplus of men, unable to find girlfriends or wives simply because they don't exist, is going to lead to a need to dump the undesirables via open conflict.

It actually isn't in China's best interest to make sure their soldiers survive conflicts.
>>
>>33719703
>longest retreat in US history
>BTFO out of Seoul a second time
>loses 65,000 soldiers in Vietnam and has political system at home nearly collapse
>loses war and Vietnam is literally controlled by the Communist Party of Vietnam
>>
>>33719752

>muh Pyrrhic victories

You know what the origin of that term is, right?

But sure, keep deluding yourself. You won Vietnam. You won so hard that the entire genetic stock of the country was fucked to hell and back, and it was flattened. This is why both Vietnam and North Korea are shining beacons of prosperity, right? Because you "won".
>>
>>33719752
>longest retreat in US history

Of which China completely failed to capitalize on (or were incapable of) and let most of the American forces get away to regroup.

>BTFO out of Seoul a second time

Last I checked, Seoul is still the South's capital...

>loses 65,000 soldiers in Vietnam and has political system at home nearly collapse

Vietnam was a shitshow for anybody, and I'm not sure how you consider a change in political party, which happens in the US quite often, a "near collapse".

>loses war and Vietnam is literally controlled by the Communist Party of Vietnam

Let's not forget to mention that China tried to invade Vietnam and failed, and Vietnam these days is actually highly pro-US.
>>
>>33719614
Vietnam? What the fuck are you on about, the time when after being hammered by the largest military on earth China got smashed by the Vietnamese? Is that what you're talking about you yellow monkey
>>
>>33719685
Yeah I can't find 2012 anywhere

>commissioning pushed back to May
Lol next it'll be August
>>
>>33719751
Anon is denying there are more males than females born in China while providing evidence that it is true.
>>
What actually is the non-meme problem with ramps? Something about weight limits for the plane?
>>
>>33719316
It a YaK-141.
This drawing is unfinished soviet carrier Ulyanovsk.
It was built on the same shipyard that Varyag, so chinks probably steal blueprints or just bribe a ukrainians.
>>
>>33719861

Weight.

Either you can take more munitions, but less fuel.

Or you can take more fuel, but reducing your munitions.

There is no in between.
>>
>>33719776
Lol triggered

>>33719812
>of which china failed to capitalize on
Except that tons of military historians have pointed out that China was running on empty after Chosin and if they had tried pushing down to south South Korea, they likely would have faced a repeat of Sept 1950.

>still the capitol
Capitol*
And that's not relevant. The US lost Seoul twice! That's pathetic

>le 1968-1974 wasn't a huge clusterfuck on an epic scale and the lowest point in post-WW2 American history

>China tried and failed
Source? Because they failed as much as the US failed to take North Korea.
>pro-USA
Ahhh yes the VCP is very pro-American.

The VCP controls Vietnam, and it's the most pro-Chinese organization in Vietnam.
>>
>>33718722
>>33719108
It is a Japanese Osumi class Tank Landing ship. 14,000 tons fully loaded.

The Chinks subsidize their steel.
>>
>>33719814
>China got smashed by the Vietnamese

I hear this a lot but never see a source.

The consensus among military historians is that it was a strategic draw and that more Vietnamese died than Chinese.
>hurdur you invaded my country, destroyed my cities, and raped my women but you didn't kill us all so we win!
>>
>>33719823
>http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/reports/FY2012/pdf/navy/2012cvn78.pdf
>Signicant redesign of multiple components has slowed development of AAG development. The program will begin performance testing in FY13.

You need to work on your "sources".
>>
>>33719835
Please link one (1) post where anyone states that.

You seem to be illiterate.
>>
>>33719900
>hurdur you invaded my country, destroyed my cities, and raped my women but you didn't kill us all so we win!

The irony here is astounding.
>>
>>33719900
Funny, the consensus among military historians is that more Vietnamese died than Americans.
>>
>>33719867
1. No it's not a Yak. It's the JH-7.
2. No it's not based on a drawing of the Russian wetdream.
3. You are fucking retarded.

The Ulya and Kutz don't even look alike.
>>
>>33719890
Thanks

And so does everyone else. How else do you think the developed world still has steel production?
>>
>>33719900
Your posts never fail to get the neurons firing my man, have you ever considered necking yourself for being such a stupid cunt?
>>
>>33719909
Redesign of the AAG. Not of the Ford.

>>33719917
>>33719927
The anon claimed Vietnam blew the fuck out of the Chinese.
I never claimed the Viets did that to the USA. The Viets got gangraped; but they won in the end.
>>
>>33716330
Never.
>>
>>33719913
Your autism appears to have started here >>33718517
>>
>>33719960

You are making the claim that China didn't lose to Vietnam, despite the fact that the exact same thing happened to them (in theory) as it did to the US. Except that the Chinese were already fighting an enemy that had been utterly annihilated by the US, the US had mostly pulled out when the Vietnamese (((won))) and, and the US inflicted absolutely atrocious casualties to both countries. Like, literal war crime tier devastation.
>>
>>33719960
>Not of the Ford.

Where was this claimed?
>>
>>33719976
Please show one (1) post with this claim>>33719835

China still has a significant birth ratio skew because of the 1 child policy, but it's FAR less than many China "experts" (anti-China shills) claimed for 20 years straight. My source does not state that everything is fine and dandy, but that the problem is far smaller than initially thought.
>>
>>33719876
thanks chum
>>
>>33719173
Wi Tu Lo
>>
>>33719876
>Or you can take more fuel, but reducing your munitions. There is no in between.

Not true.
Situations permitting, even operating from land, aircrafts often take off with minimal fuel load/maximum weapons only to immediately refuel in air.
>>
>>33719928
If you zoom in you can read Ульянoвcк on the ship nose.

Also, it can't be 001A because it lacking funnel, because Ulyanovsk supposed to be nuclear.
>>
>>33720025
Slowing down sortie times, immediately refueling in air is a huge disadvantage.
>>
>>33719992
>You are making the claim that China didn't lose to Vietnam, despite the fact that the exact same thing happened to them (in theory) as it did to the US.
Except that one war lasted 14 years, costed $1.5 trillion dollars, led to 65,000 batte deaths and 400,000 injured, and systematic cultural and political uprisings throughout the entire home country.

The other last less than 2 months, costed maybe $50 billion, led to 25,000 battle deaths and 150,000 injured, and directly was followed by the period with the fastest economic growth recorded in human history.

China didn't win. It also didn't lose. Furthermore, China was definitely not "smashed by the Vietnamese" as anon claims>>33719814
The 1979 war was a draw, and the consensus of military historians agrees.

http://www.historynet.com/war-of-the-dragons-the-sino-vietnamese-war-1979.htm
>>
File: 1143.6 varyag (4).jpg (229KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1143.6 varyag (4).jpg
229KB, 1632x1224px
>>33719400
Varyag was, not Liaoning.
>>
>>33720010
>the norm is more females than males
>REEEEE NEWBORNS FAGGOT
>the norm is more females than males in the under 15 age bracket
>[autistic screeching intensifies]
>>
>>33719995
> >>33719033
You used the word "it" while linking my post here>>33718326
>>
>>33720082
Yes, the Liaoning used to have a different name.
>>
>>33718588
Yeah but chinese nationalists are literally subhumans who will be pleased as soon as you show them a toy that america already made.
Yes, there's striking parallels to this very board as soon as you take out the "that america already made" part. Personally I think it's cute.
>>
>>33720083
For the last time, the natural birth ratio of newborns is 106/100. I posted this already>>33719731

Please read.

My post here states "newborn generation">>33719131

The peer-reviewed research shows 105/100 male to femals ratio anong Chinese newborns born in 1990>>33718517

This is the natural birth ratio at birth. I'm done responding if you can't comprehend what I've clearly laid out for you.
>>
anyone have the photo of a ship where the lens has markings for planes for scale? like it looked like a photo a spy would take
>>
>>33720093
So you simply lack reading comprehension and misinterpreted what was said, that would explain the fixation on complete percentages.
>>
The real problem here is they haven't called one ship Jackie Chan yet.
>>
>>33720134
>if I use the global average that is heavily effected by China I can pretend more males than females is the norm
>>
>>33717232
ASSUKA A SHIT!

A SHIT!!
>>33717428
China is an unholy trainwreck of dorruption, greedy incompetence, untrustworthy laziness, superstition, selfrighteous ignorance, inept bungling worthy of cobra, selfishness, and utter inbred stupidity.

they would try to grow giant spider farms just to milk the venom to then sell as baby formula all the while KNOWING they are under intense all encompassing surveillance, just to make a extra zimbabwean dollar. then try to play stupid like they didnt know they were being evil little shits WHEN THEY GET CAUGHT, and still try to sell gutter oil while smoking their last cigarette at the firing squad.

they dont call them chinese fire drills for nothing sheng.
>>33717532
A SHIT!!!!!!

>>33718730
>italy with delusions of grandeur
That pretty much describes most vatniks spouting off CCCP STRONK!!!

>>33718739
that silver paint on the good ship lollypop looks like the 99 cent cans of spraypaint from biglots.
>>
>>33719614
>The US lost militarily in Vietnam and Korea
Oh look! This meme again.
>>
>>33716718
>Where did everything go so wrong?
Around the time they became a genocidal empire that earned the eternal hatred of everyone they invaded and forced the USA to castrate them.
>>
File: 1710456692.jpg (147KB, 1920x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1710456692.jpg
147KB, 1920x1162px
>>33720297
>>33717232
>>33717532
You have shit taste in best girls. Shimapan is for plebs.
>>
>>33718561
>>33718693
No it really doesn't. Jesus if there is a single thing that can be said about Chinese state capitalism is that it is apocalyptic in its callousness, mindbogglingly wasteful, and corrupt beyond redemption. This is the sentiment of the Chinese, never mind the west. I mean the Chinese basically created a superbug because of antibiotic abuse last year, do you really think that these are the people who will do anything but destroy human civilization with their literally insane disregard for the implications of their actions.
>>
>>33720894
ASSUKA is the Baskin-Robbins of shit. 31 flavors of pure SHIT.
>>
>>33721025
>Best K/D ratio in the entire fucking series
>Shit

Lel
>>
>>33721094
cholera from all the shit, and the salt caused dehydration for the rest.
>>
>>33718014

You realize that the payload limitations are the consequence of the limits of physical engineering and the forces required to get an aircraft off a carrier deck, right? Every nation that has every operated ski-ramp carriers has had to contend with it, and they have all had to make payload compromises.

So unless the fucking Chinks have somehow managed to out-do the best aerospace engineering on Earth with incredible, unprecedented advances in materiel engineering in the last decade or so, then you're wrong.
>>
>>33721337
>>33721025
Only a Reifag could be so butthurt, your waifu is literally a mass produced bland doll used as otaku fap bait who is still so boring more people prefer to jack off to Asuka even Shinji himself.
>>
>>33719465
Says the poor Cracker-kun whose government is sucking Jew dick, was heavily sucking Jew dick, or still sucking Jew dick but on a lesser note. Your country ain't no better. Your country, assuming you are American, is relatively divided in a sense where a large portion of your country's citizens politically align with disgusting Liberals. Your country sucks the dick of Commies, Jews, Niggers, and Goat fuckers. Once you can prove your country can fix those issues entirely, then you are free to boast about how your country is superior to others.

I used to boast about Japan, and shit talk heavily about Korea and China, but what's the point? Japan is not perfect either. A country like Japan is a small island nation with a limited budget, little to none natural resources, and our mindset is traditional, old conservative mindset. Hence why we rely on the Americans as a "buffer" to scare off China and North Korea. The old generation loath nuclear energy without understanding how the technology works behind it. The new generation are very into Nationalism but are lazy due to shift in culture and the inability to get into the old mindset that the Government and Corporations "enforce" or "got used to."

This is a very basic idea as to why we rely on Americans so heavily. America is the "centre of the world," so it's only natural we take advantage of such "market." It's not our fault we live in a globalized society, tell that to the Jews.
>>
File: 1469125773184.jpg (62KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
1469125773184.jpg
62KB, 468x468px
>>33721688
Can't East Asians and white Europeans agree that America is the true enemy? Along the the zionist scum of course. Niggers and muzzies as well but they are easily dealt with.
>>
>>33721513
>>33721513
>the Asukafag is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a weeb, a faggot, asspie, cuck, it all runs off him like the crumbs on the front of his 4 sizes too small stained and dirty asuka is life shirt. but tell him his waifu is shit, and she is a cartoon and he will never be the 6th child, and you will be astonished at hos he recoils, how injured he is and how he suddenly shrinks back: "I've been found out!!".

>t. Misatofag
>>
>>33716274
>The speed of Chinese development

You can have a fast job, a cheap job, or a good job. Pick any 2. Since fast is already on the table, that leaves cheap or good as the remaining option.

The way they bitch and moan about our shipbuilding costs, I'll bet they went with cheap. A fast, cheap job. This is gonna be hilarious.
>>
>>33722907
I wonder how many will be named the minnow with chinese QC levels in fast and cheap gigs.
>>
>>33720960
That nonsense
>>
>>33722907
The joke is that American engineering can't compete in the international market against European and Asian goods.

And they are expensive.
>>
>>33723212
>>33722907
The first two results everytime an American company outsource production is that it suddenly gets cheaper and the quality of the goods improves massively.
>>
>>33717428
>(though it is actually, excellent benefits packages and very early retirement plans).

All militaries offer early retirement plans, especially during active service.

You can choose death, permanent disability, or mental breakdown.
>>
>>33723226
100% false, especially concerning SEA
>>
>>33723312
It is.

That's the reason why no fucking outsourced job will ever return back to the USA.
>>
>>33718048
Having worked with Taiwanese for 10 years, and Honkies for 5, I can attest to this also.

My 6 yr old pulls convenient truthes / bullshittery much like them.

At least the Honkies had a gorgeous, highly wifeable daughter...
>>
German mechanical engineer here.

Making jokes about American products is a running gag in Europe. Guys basically build machines on the quality level as Europe 20 years ago.

It's incredible sad.
>>
>>33723335
Yeah, cost.

Has jack shit to do with quality
>>
>>33723462
Germany and Japan are expensive places and they have still a massive industrial base because they are the one which produce quality products unlike the USA.
>>
>>33723335
Because an American won't work for $5 a day.
>>
I think the carriers are a distraction. The Chinese are probably putting more stock in their new submarines, which are pretty beastly things and can throw some serious missiles around. A good strong bluewater submarine fleet is every bit as useful as a carrier and a lot more sneaky.
>>
>>33723493
Neither does a German
>>
There is no reason to be proud about American engineering and manufacturing.
Outside of a few very specific fields, the USA isn't competitive anymore.
>>
>>33723530
Which is why any outsourced job from Germany isn't coming back either.
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ramp
>>
>>33723558
Only that Germany doesn't suffer from a declining industry.
>>
File: 1276629198843.jpg (10KB, 246x247px) Image search: [Google]
1276629198843.jpg
10KB, 246x247px
>all the third worlders in here obsessed with the US

Yikes. Talk about having a chip on your shoulder. Your insecurity is astronomical.
>>
>>33723547
>>
>>33723479
Germany and Japan are not China and the rest of the sea.

furthermore both country's are highly specialized in the industrial sector.
>>
File: 1436647393868.jpg (56KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
1436647393868.jpg
56KB, 500x562px
>>33723587
>>
>>33723599
>>
>>33723619
>>
>>33716228
>>33716264
what's wrong with ramps?
>>
>>33723587
>having a chip on your shoulder

i know right? why do Euros always feel the need to prove something to Americans as if we somehow care about or value their opinions on anything?
or are they just looking for cheap ego validation in the pits of geopolitical irrelevance?
>>
File: laughingelfman.jpg (14KB, 240x353px) Image search: [Google]
laughingelfman.jpg
14KB, 240x353px
>>33723575
>Germany doesn't suffer from a declining industry

Sure thing Hanz.
>>
>>33723644
Limits the maximum take off load or gimps the sortie rate by using up deck space to compensate.
>>
>>33723618
>We need protectionism to stop the evil Europeans to outcompete us!
>>
>>33723618
that right there says it FAR better than I did in >>33723646.
>>
File: 1443976236686.jpg (87KB, 637x850px) Image search: [Google]
1443976236686.jpg
87KB, 637x850px
>>33723669
Whoah there anon, I'm only here for the jingoistic shitposting.
>>
>>33723698
>USA
>moon
>>
>>33718368
>The USA can't barely operate aircraft in the various hot spots like the South China Sea.

AAHHAHAHAHAHhhahahahaha oh wait is he serious

LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER
>>
>>33723618
But the thing that puzzles me the most is why us?

Why is it that America is the object of that pitiful obsession of theirs? I mean I can understand it coming from a Russkie as we've been geopolitical peers for the better part of the 20th century, but why is it that on /k/, European posters always feel the need to try and prove their worth by making all kinds of bizarre comparisons between their countries and America?

There are some 190+ countries on Earth yet they can't stop talking about one fucking country all the time.
>>
>>33723738
The amount of air bases in the region is limited.

It's reality.
>>
>>33723635
>all that basic tier shit

"""""seats""""

Lololol
>>
File: laughing touhous.jpg (33KB, 346x347px) Image search: [Google]
laughing touhous.jpg
33KB, 346x347px
>>33723773
>The amount of air bases in the region is limited.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CUNT

SIT YER ASS RIGHT THERE AN LETS FUCKIN COUNT, YOU STUPID CUNT

Paya Lebar AB, Signapore: used by the USAF frequently

JAPAN:

Marine Coprs Air Station Futenma, Okinawa
Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni
Naval Air Facility Atsugi
Kadena Air Base, Okinawa
Misawa Air base
Yokota Air base

GUAM:

Andersen Air Force Base (Huge-ass base, B-52s)

SOUTH KOREA:
Osan Air Base
Kunsan Air Base

AND A FLEET OF KC-135 TANKERS BIG ENOUGH TO LAUNCH STRIKES FROM ANY OF THESE BASES TO ANYWHERE ELSE

"NOT ENOUGH BASES" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA OH WE DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THE TWO-CARRIER BATTLE GROUP WHICH IS A BASE THAT CAN GO ANYWHERE IT FUCKIN WANTS

TELL ME MORE

TELL ME FUCKIN MORE CHINKABOO
>>
>>33723896
>talk about South China Sea
>post South Korea
>most of the airbases aren't even capable of significant deployment of fighters and bombers
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>33723778
>China exports more than 20 billion USD worth of seats per year
>>
>>33723943
China owns your ass.
>>
File: carrier club.jpg (413KB, 1180x1736px) Image search: [Google]
carrier club.jpg
413KB, 1180x1736px
>>33723923
>spurious bullshit claims with zero fuckin proof
>b-b-b-but they cc-c-can't l--launch bombers cuz I say so
>TH-TH-THEY CAN'T GO FAR NUFF C-C-CUZ THE T-T-TANKERS DON'T EXIST
>YOUR 11 CARRIER FLEET DOESN'T EXIST

TELL ME MORE, CHINK! LET ME HEAR THOSE DESPERATE WAILS OF INSECURITY! WE CAN GO ANYWHERE WE WANT, ANYTIME, CRANK OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SHIT DOWN YOUR FUCKING T H R O A T

'MERICA

FUCK YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1490467887067.png (273KB, 515x494px) Image search: [Google]
1490467887067.png
273KB, 515x494px
what's that I hear? SILENCE? FROM THE CHINK? COME ON BUDDY DO TELL ME HOW CHINKLAND IS GONNA OUT-POWER PROJECT US OVER THE FUCKIN SCS FROM THEIR TINY AIRBASES BUILT ON ARTIFICIAL ISLANDS WITH BARELY ENOUGH FUCKIN SPACE TO PARK SIX KNOCKOFF FISHBEDS AND A FUEL TRUCK

WITHOUT AN AIR REFUELING FLEET EXTEND THE RANGE OF YER HANDFUL OF MODERN 4TH GEN SHIT FROM THE MAINLAIND AND HIANAN

WITHOUT A CARRIER THAT DARES STICK ITS NOSE OUT OF THE LAND-BASED IADS

PLEASE

PLEASE FUCKIN PLEASE

TELL US

I'M WAITING

FAGGOT
>>
>>33724055
>WITHOUT A CARRIER THAT DARES STICK ITS NOSE OUT OF THE LAND-BASED IADS
that's what their new fleet of multipurpose DDGs are for, among other things
>>
>>33724107

WELL FUCK ME THEN THEY'LL HAVE DDGS

AND THIRTY

FUCKIN

SU-30S

WEW LAD, 1/3 OF A BIG BOY CARRIER'S LOAD, WE'RE IN FUCKN TROUBLE NOW
>>
>>33724150
Dude, you may actually be autistic

That said, I'm having a good chuckle so keep going. This is the 'Merica equivalent of DIDIMAO FUCK YOU GI YOU GO HOME IN BODYBAG
>>
>>33718017
>infinte range vs limited range.

Different anon here. Range is meaningless when the escorts have to UNREP every 12 days or so.

The only major difference between nuclear and conventional carriers is life cycle costs. Nukes are a lot more expensive to run.

Calm your autism. We have 12 nukes for a reason that has nothing to do with increased capacity. It's all about sheer big dick waving on the world stage. No other country can do what we do.
>>
>>33718063
>You have to be pretty smart to build a jet and an aircraft carrier.

True. You have to be even smarter to design them on your own.
>>
>>33723896
Buncha airbases that would be totally destroyed in the event of a war
>>
>>33724211
10 nukes*
>>
>comparing China to Russia

That's how the cockpit of a cheap FC-1 for Pakistan, while most of the Russian aircraft are still using analog.
>>
>>33724340
>new build aircraft has glass cockpit
How about you post the Su-35s China bought?
>>
File: 314447092.jpg (67KB, 705x375px) Image search: [Google]
314447092.jpg
67KB, 705x375px
>Trump campaigns against China like a retard
>nothing happened
>>
>>33724395
It was pretty amazing how China was dealing with the situation.

>Yeah, Trump whatever... here have some trademarks for your business which you wanted for over a decade and now stop with the nonsense.
>>
>>33717486
this
>>
>>33724404
In response Trump moves THAAD into sk.

glad to see that worked out for them!!
>>
>>33724446
>Trump moves THAAD into sk.
>>
>>33724211
>Calm your autism. We have 12 nukes for a reason that has nothing to do with increased capacity. It's all about sheer big dick waving on the world stage. No other country can do what we do.

yeah sure brah I'm sure we spend billions of dollars on those powerplants just to "show off." Everyone in the Navy is a fucking retard bereft of your wisdom. Quick call them up and tell them that nuke plants aren't more volume/weight efficient than diesel fuel. I'm sure they'll appreciate your input.

>>33724287
STAND BACK MOTHERFUCKERS, CHING-CHONG-NIP-NONG'S GONNA EDUCATE US ON THE VAST AND MIGHTY POWER OF THE CHINESE GALACTIC BATTLE FLEET! WHAT WILL DESTROY OUR BASES?

THEIR VAST STOCK OF CRUISE MIoh you can shoot those down with fighter planes

THEIR VAST STOCK OF MRBoh we have Patriots, THAAD, SM-3, SM-2, SM-6, play again next week

THEIR STRATEGIC BOMBER FLEET WHICH CONSISTS OF FUCKING BADGER BOMBER KNOCKOFFS? Without escort even THE BOMBER ALWAYS GETS THROUGH
>>
>>33724458
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/06/asia/thaad-arrival-south-korea/

KEKED.
>>
>>33723479
>Quality products

You're not wrong. The old CRT TV I had since I was born was still working pretty fucking well even after Japan completely switched to digital nationwide a decade(?) ago. Had to finally throw it away (Dad should have kept it, I wanted to play Time Crisis on the PS2!) since analog TV is not compatible with digital network or whatever it's called.

Anything "made in Japan" is not 100% made in Japan. Certain parts are sourced elsewhere like China, but under the supervision and strict quality control of Japanese overseers.

Though, there was a scandal a while back that a friend of mine told me in regards to FN Minimi under licensed by Sumitomo Heavy Industries. Sumitomo had cut corners for a certain batch and the whole LMG fell apart or some shit during an exercise. I don't remember the specifics. So even the Japanese can fuck up terribly at times. It's a matter of work discipline.

If the Chinese can master "work discipline," then they can effectively cripple Japan and South Korea very badly economically... is what I theorize. For example, the "Wenzhou train collision" back in 2011 could have easily been prevented if Chinese train operators and HQ had better work discipline. No amount of rules or failsafes can save you from accidents if you don't have good work discipline. That is the lesson of the story.
>>
File: loleu.png (385KB, 1900x700px) Image search: [Google]
loleu.png
385KB, 1900x700px
>>33723618
>>
File: 1491644776246.jpg (100KB, 1080x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1491644776246.jpg
100KB, 1080x1086px
>mfw I see cuck ramp
>>
>>33721412
>lower launch angle
>increased thrust
>increased launch speed
>improved landing gears

That's completely feasible within the laws of physics and is what they did. Or do you think they lowered the launch angle for the lulz?

Find a source for your claim.
>>
>>33724484
You do realize that was Obama's decision? Everything except the vehicle was already set up by January.
>>
>>33716338
two carriers with ramps > one carrier with CATOBAR.
>>
>>33716338
Money for the most part.
>>
File: PLN CV-001A - 20170422 - 1.jpg (238KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
PLN CV-001A - 20170422 - 1.jpg
238KB, 1600x900px
Waiting for the launch.
>>
>>33716388
An aircraft carrier might as well be magic to most of chinas population. Most of those "1.4" dont even have a high school level of education, how are you gonna teach peasants from some backwater province how to manage a flight deck or repair an engine?
>>
>>33723738
>>33723896
>>33723961
>>33724055
>>33724150
>>33724477

Holy shit
>>
File: 1450207812402.png (67KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1450207812402.png
67KB, 501x585px
>>33716170

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/855771923740975105
>>
>>33726509
From that Twitter feed.

Something is telling me this increasingly powerful China thing could work out alright. Just need to play our cards right.
>>
>>33726312
Isn't Xi supposed to stop by?

Happening in a few hours
>>
>>33726955
Lmao it's the shape of an ancient symbol used all over the world xDDDDD
Simply ebin
>>
File: IMG_0108.png (485KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0108.png
485KB, 1136x640px
>>33726955
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.