[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good / Great starter rifle / Cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: nyet.jpg (11KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
nyet.jpg
11KB, 160x213px
Just looking for a cheap rifle to start with to learn some basics about guns preferably not an AR15 or any other variant of AR.
>>
really any gun. look for a simple bolt action in .22 if youre so autistic
>>
>>33714945
Ruger 10/22, now get out
>>
>>33714945
Airgun
>>
A .22 is a really good start if you're just getting into firearms, they have little recoil and are accurate depending on what you get. A Ruger 10/22 isn't a bad choice like the anon said, but you might wanna get a bolt action if you're starting off. Bolt actions help stress the point off making your shots count.
>>
So maybe a bolt action .22 from marlin or another company, do some research before you get the rifle though
>>
Nerf gun
>>
>>33714945
my first gun was a pink 22 bolt action.

You should not buy that. Go buy a savage hog in .308
>>
>>33714945
>Just looking for a cheap rifle to start with to learn some basics about guns preferably not an AR15 or any other variant of AR.

CZ .22 or a savage or if you can offort it an anschultz

Then a 10/22

Then a .22 revolver
Then a 22 semi a walther if you can afford it

Then a break open shotgun
Then a semi shotgun
Then a lever action and revolver in matching calibre

Then a centre fire semi rifle and semi handgun.

Then blackpowder joy

Bullet moulds
percussion shortgun - percussion musket - percussion rifle - percussion pistol - cap and ball revolver, flintlock pistol, flintlock musket

Then along distance rig

Then reloading.
Finally milsurp

Enjoy

And there is a reason for this order and you will be able to shoot without a flinch, have learned all the major calibres and they history and be a shootist my son and your gunz will hold their value and you will have a hobby that will last a lifetime.
>>
get a cheapo vz58
>>
File: family_photo.jpg (969KB, 3262x2342px) Image search: [Google]
family_photo.jpg
969KB, 3262x2342px
>>33714945
you should seriously consider buying a handgun as your first so you have the option of CCing.

Personally, I started with a sporterized Gewehr 98 (top gun in pic) in 8mm mauser. The damn thing is a hell of a lot a fun, but the ammo is very expensive at a minimum of a buck a shot (some sites say lower, but destroy you on shipping to make it a buck+).

If you have a lot of money, and dont want a semi-auto rifle, I personally think the Henry Lone Ranger series is pretty fuckin cool.

Its a levergun that is magazine fed, and comes in .308, 5.56, and a few other popular hunting rounds.
>>
>>33714945
A milsurp WWII rifle like a mauser or enfield if you want something bolt action.
>>
Keltec su 1y. I'm srs
>>
>>33717336
Su 16
>>
Not op but im thinking of buying a 995 and a wasr10 for me and the wife this summer. She's never shot a gun, I've only shot shotguns and muzzle loaders but that was a handful of times, so im not that experienced. Anyone think that's a good combo for me and the wife to train on?
>>
File: Test2.png (95KB, 662x863px) Image search: [Google]
Test2.png
95KB, 662x863px
>>33714945
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.