[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3138.png (417KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3138.png
417KB, 1136x640px
How much use can you get out of them? How long do they hold a ten shot charge? Good for squirrel meat?
>>
>>33711573
own one. never been able to kill a squirrel with it. pesky chipmunks are fairgame though.
>>
>>33711808
No shit? Wtf... that was going to be my new food source
>>
>>33711836
dude...
>>
>>33711573
If you're going to try and hunt with it, just get the CO2 version.

It doesn't hold a charge. You have to pump it up for each shot.

They're fun to shoot, but it's not very high quality. Sights are just plastic.
>>
>>33712050
Like so? CO2 is kind of expensive and is a .22 at 420 fps good for killing squirrel? The .170 moves at 620.
>>
File: IMG_3139.png (198KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3139.png
198KB, 1136x640px
>>33712312
Forgot pic
>>
File: 20170420_3247.jpg (260KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_3247.jpg
260KB, 720x540px
They're fun little toys. You can mod it up and change out the plastic parts for metal and the grips.
>>
>>33712319
I just want a neat little stocked pistol co2 bb/pellet gun for plinking thats cheaper than 100 bucks
>>
>>33712312
even 600 with multiple pumps is a bit low for reliable squirrel kills your going to have to rely on close range,good shot placement or multiple shots. CO2 is good for plinking not hunting
>>
>>33711573

They're huge (13 inch oal) and annoying to pump and the sights are miniscule but by God they are accurate.

T. 1377 owner

Pic semi related, I own it
>>
File: IMG_3133.png (289KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3133.png
289KB, 1136x640px
>>33712723
I see thanks. I was hoping there was a way to poach innawoods without having to resort to using actual firearms that can travel a mile and ruin my retarded fun.

Guess I'm back to square one
>>
>>33712723

The 2240 could be used for pest control with a fresh co2 cartridge (like, the first shot) with a heavy pellet, gamo makes a 22 grain pellet
>>
>>33712784
Why not get a pellet RIFLE instead of a pistol? There's plenty of springer/nitro piston/compressed air ones that are great for squirrel, and other vermin
>>
>>33711573
I've got one. It's accurate and probably powerful enough to hunt small game with but holy shit the trigger fucking sucks.

I'm assuming you meant 10 pump charge, not ten shot, because no matter how much you pump it, it uses the entire tank in one shot. It will hold a charge for a while though- its recommended to store them with one pump in the tank just to keep the seals tight.

You're still better off just getting a pellet rifle though. In addition to a 1377, I've got a Crosman legacy 1000, an Avanti 853, and a Benjamin 397. For hunting I'd take any of those rifles any day of the week over the pistol.
>>
>>33712798
Because the only parks around here are close to people and they would probably flip their shit if they saw me packing a rifle even though it's Texas. I have to go off the path quite a way to get away from people.
>>33712865
Huh. Thanks for the info. I kind of want to practice my skills with a pistol for cheap though so I may still get the pump action one. Is there a ball bearing trigger upgrade maybe?
>>
>>33711573
I've killed squirrels and rabbits with that. Accuracy is much easier once you paint the front sight white. Body shots can be unreliable but it's not hard to get a headshot from 15 yards with it. I use gamo magnum pellets. Very light and pointy unlike crosman, you get respectable penetration with them.
>>
>>33713085
There are about 10 million different mods for it, but I haven't tried any.

Pellet guns in general are good practice and they're literally a penny per shot to fire if you get a pump gun. The only things you really can't practice with pump pellet guns are quick follow up shots and recoil management, but for general marksmanship practice they're great.

I have a little 10 yard range set up in my apartment and I do some plinking almost every night, it's great. You get people here that bitch about them but they can fuck off, being able to plink indoors or for practically no cost is great.

A 1377 is right around $50 in any walmart, and its like $6 for 500 pellets, you really can't go wrong. If you find you really love it you can always upgrade it later. Definitely do what >>33713118 said though and paint the front sight white though. I just put a little dab of whiteout on it and it makes shooting it a million times easier.
>>
File: bbp77_1.jpg (224KB, 3000x1104px) Image search: [Google]
bbp77_1.jpg
224KB, 3000x1104px
I have one of these, it's break action pump so you don't have to pay for CO2 cartridges. It's not very accurate though. It'll go through pop cans but I'm not sure if it would kill anything larger than a small bird.
>>
>>33712312

>fps

how should we know? You haven't told us anything relevant, like what ENERGY are you shooting at.

420fps with 15.89grain .22 pellets is a bit low (around 8 foot pounds, cba to do the math).

at 671 fps, the pellet's energy in foot pounds is equal to it's weight in grains, so if that's 620 fps we're talking about with standard, 8.44 grain .177 pellets, that's a bit low as well.

Really - you can get a 12 fpe (foot pounds of energy, or 16J if you prefer metric) rifles and a 12 fpe .22 will down a rabbit at 50 yards with a headshot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L-TGoXq8Bw
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.