[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /k/ thinks about taurus? i heard their revolvers are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Taurus.jpg (93KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus.jpg
93KB, 1200x1199px
what does /k/ thinks about taurus?
i heard their revolvers are fine, but the rest is crap, anyone uses their products?
>>
They used to be complete and total shit.

Now they're only kind of shit
>>
they're really hit-or-miss in all areas.
definitely try before you buy, or risk spending money on a Brazilian-glocknade.

their judge models are stainless steel frame while S&W uses an alloy for the governor, so take that how you will
>>
>>33710653
Love the 2 I have. 9mm PT809c at my bedside and Curve as concealed. No hiccups.
>>
>>33710653
They're usually hit or miss.

Also the customer support and handling warrenties are crap from what I hear.

Other than that, it's better than a HiPoint, but not as good at what's considered the "Service Range"
>S&W, Springfield, Glock, CZ, Beretta, Ruger, ect.
>>
>>33711146
>Better than a hi point

Spoken like someone who's never owned a hi point
>>
>>33710653
I own a PT809 and a PT111 G2... put about 400 rounds thru each so far with no problems
>>
>>33710653
I have a PT1911 that functioned smoother than an Angel's twat straight from the box. Carried it for duty for four years or so, never had a malfunction. My girlfriend liked it so much she bought one, and hers would both ftf and fte. We never could get the damned thing to work right and eventually got rid of it. I've yet to hear anything bad about their PT92s.
>>
>>33710653
In my experience, they're pretty much shit across the board. They're the kind of guns you buy if you need to waste someone.
>>
>>33710653
As long as you get one made after late 2014 (when one of Colt's XOs got elected to be Taurus's new CEO) then your fine. Anything before that is hit and miss.
>>
>>33712677
>put about 400 rounds thru each so far with no problems
Spoken like a true Taurus owner
>>
>>33710653
>what does /k/ thinks about Taurus?
I CC a Taurus because if I ever needed to use my gun in a self defense situation I would rather my $200 Taurus rot in the evidence locker than my $1200 Sig.
>>
>>33710653
I fell for the Taurus revolvers are fine meme.
>got a model 85 snub new
>only fires 2 of 5 shots
>try all kinds of ammo
>problem still happening
>not light strikes because the primers of shot cases just as deep as not shot bullets
>took to gunsmith
>they say nothing wrong with it but it happened to them as well
>dont charge me because they could not find issue
i spent $300 on a half working range toy. Dont make my mistake /k/. for the love of your wallet just buy a smith or ruger
>>
>>33710653
I have a model 66 seven shit revolver. I have shot nothing but full power .357 in it and it has worked everytime. The trigger is heavy but in single action is fine. It has this matt finish to it which i like but it blemishes easily which sucks.

A friend got a millennium in 9mm. He has only fired abou 200 rounds through it but so far, it works perfectly and feels great in the hand. Still has too little milage on it to make a good assessment on long term reliability tho.

As for their customer service its also very hit or miss. If for whatever reason they cant fix your gun they may just say to go on their website and chose whatever you want to replace it. I have heard horror stories such as rude reps. But the service is free, however shipping is not so expect to pay 50 burger bucks if u have to send it back for work.
>>
>>33713963
>taurus pistols are so bad even bullets don't want to be fired from them
>>
>>33710653
I own their pt1911 and their public defender.

With my limited experience I consider them good.
>>
>>33710653
I work at a big box and half the pistols we sell are Taurus. They're crude and have low QC but occasionally you'll find a cherry. Most of the guns we ship for returns are Taurus though so take that as you will. I'd wager 60% of the people who bought them have shot it once.
>>
>>33713980
Other way round
>Sometimes the bullets just can't take it any more and fire themselves randomly
>>
>>33713912
Do you intend to get into self defense shootings that often that this is a serious concern?
>>
I have a pt140. Jams like fuck, hurts your hand and has a wonky ass trigger. Its pretty accurate though. At the range the last time was shooting it and a fucking shell got stuck in the barrel. Like the extractor failed to remove the casing cause it was so fucking jammed in there. I slammed the slide shut and then cocked that sumbitch back open and it popped right out. May of been tula's fault but idk. It was my first pistol so i cant hate it to much but its a cheap trash gun.
>>
>>33714112
>if yes
this is a financially smart decision
>if no
it doesn't really matter what piece he's carrying them
>>
>>33714112
>Do you intend to get into self defense shootings that often that this is a serious concern?
If so, he probably would've spent the money for a LCP
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.