[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

House Bill 1911 (Texas)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

So I got an email for the NRA about this.
"The Texas House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety favorably reported a permitless carry bill by a vote of 6-2 on Tuesday. House Bill 1911 by Representative James White eliminates the requirement for obtaining a License to Carry for law-abiding Texans who would be eligible to qualify for that license. HB 1911 has now moved to the House Calendars Committee who will decide if and when the bill will heard by the full House."

So basically if this passes, Texas will have no LTC anymore, which is awesome.
However what happens to my current LTC? Does it become a useless plastic card? Is it still a valid form of ID? Does it change into something else?
And mainly, do I get my money back for the registration?
>>
>his commie state has to give him permission to open carry, or conceal carry

Top kek.
>>
>>33709578
>eliminates the requirement for obtaining a License to Carry for law-abiding Texans who would be eligible to qualify for that license
>who would be eligible to qualify for that license
So we would still be taking the same exact process but they wouldn't issue us the piece of paper at the end.
Wow fellow Texans, way to think outside the box on this one.
>>
>>33709578
I assume it is still a valid form of ID, and may be used for CCL in other states with reciprocity. I doubt you'd get your money back.

Since the state is already in a budget shortfall this year, I suspect Reps and Dems will tank this anyway.
>>
>>33709643
>commie state
>texas
>>
>>33709760
Additional requirements of no class a or b misdemeanors in the last 5 years, not delinquent on child support, and no back taxes.

Still better than what we have now.
>>
>>33709578
would still remain a form of identification and probably still be issued for the sake of other state reciprocity
>>
>>33709801
Austin's still there...
>>
>>33709835
Get off the UT campus, anon. Bastrop's beautiful this time of year.
>>
>>33709835
as sad as it is austin texas made me feel for the rest of californians having to live under the BS that leaves san francisco

hence its called san fran austin and most texans know its full of commies
>>
>>33709849
really is, bluebonnets and shit
>>
>>33709578

>House Bill 1911
>1911
>>
It won't happen CHL classes love their fee
>>
>>33710627
37 million in state revenue yearly too. Expected to drop by 90% if this passes. And Texas with a shortfall.

Sorry anons, I'm calling my State Representative and telling him to vote no. I've already got my CHL, and I have to think of the children.
>>
File: 1464608537761.png (245KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464608537761.png
245KB, 550x600px
>>33710709
And they say texas has things other than steers and queers.
>>
>>33710709
>allowing governments to infringe because 'muh munies'
>being this much of a statist bootlicker

At this point you're so retarded, you might as well say that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to people who you don't like.
>>
>>33710911
In no way, shape, or form do you have the right to carry in public (at least from the Second Amendment). Numerous laws and court decisions have repeatedly stated that.

You might think it's an inalienable right that supersedes the constitution, but that's a different matter entirely.
>>
>>33710876
>>33710911
Gentlemen, I have a CHL. If this law passes, large numbers of people who did not already carry might begin. In any altercation, I would significantly be lowering my own odds of survival.

Are you asking me to vote against my own interests?
>>
File: Ff.jpg (324KB, 1440x893px) Image search: [Google]
Ff.jpg
324KB, 1440x893px
>cucksas
>>
>>33711501

>the world revolves around me, fuck other people's second amendment rights

get off /k/ you commie liberal faggot
>>
>>33711501
Oh fuck sakes not another one of these faggots.
There are more people in this world than you, faggot. The 2nd amendment applies to every citizen in this country, not just you and whatever political ideology you follow.

Now git out, you fucking commie.
>>
>>33709760
Read: "illegal" carry would be an additional charge when you really fuck up

Irrelevant to any decent human.
>>
>>33710615
Damn, beat me to it
>>
>>33711501
>Are you asking me not to be an antigun Brady Campaign wet dream?

All we ask is that you return to reddit
>>
>>33711648
>>33711655
Wouldn't him acting like a self-centered douche be the opposite of a commie though? He's exactly the guy the Maoists are lining up against the wall first go round.
>>
>>33711501
>Regarding the law only with respect to what is immediately useful to you rather than any philosophical conviction.

Might as well be a Muslim and have all the lives you want.

Free college would improve MY life considerably in the immediate future. It would probably improve my life considerably in general. That doesn't mean it isn't a terrible idea because it devalues college degrees while also opening the door to forcing universities to answer to school board policies. None of that would happen while I'm still in school, and I would get shit for free. That said, it would completely fuck the process for anyone coming after me and undermine the very free idea flow that has been the basis of higher education for millennia.

The "it doesn't affect me" attitude doesn't just belong to you, it belongs to everyone. If you casually destroy everything that doesn't belong to you, expect others to do the same. Eventually some of the things that don't belong to them will be things that belong to you, and no one thing is a majority interest.
>tl;dr
Liberty can never be for only you. It's necessarily unilateral. The attitude that nothing that doesn't affect you immediately is important applied to everyone, and it's proliferation will and has led to the destruction of liberty on massive scales.
>>
>>33710615
And the law about where you can carry is 30.06.
>>
OP here,
while I would be pretty salty if it passes because I already went through all the stuff to get my LTC I still think that people should be able to carry whenever.
Because at the end of the day, criminals don't have to get an LTC to carry.
>>
>>33713008
I don't think it will pass. Texas always runs a bill 2 or 3 times untill it passes.
We already had 2 pro marijuana bills the past few years without pass.
>>
Native Austinite reporting in. When I first heard about the bill didn't believe it would pass and don't trust the general public with the added responsibility of carrying in public without taking approved ltc class.
There are several states that have constitutional carry and not repealing it anytime soon. If passed there will be a novelty moment where more people will carry initially but that will fade because most people won't find it comfortable cause they bought shitty/cheap belt and holster. Now I see it as a win-win situation, criminals will continue to own illegally and use guns for nefarious purposes but citizens will be permitted to carry and that is a huge deterrent. Every crime committed has the possibility of a civilian arrest being made or a vigilant armed response. Expect having legal insurance would see a massive increase for responsible individuals. Sorry for the long response.
>>
>>33716908
Any evidence of crime rates moving in either direction that can be isolated to the addition of constitutional carry?
>>
>>33712314
Commies are all about self interest, wtf are you talking about. They're putting their own interests before everyone else and forcing them to comply.
>>
>>33716965
Crime Prevention Research Center 2015? Haven't researched it much. Would the argument of military/nuclear deterrence be similar? Mass shooter less likely to engage in crowded place because of possible hard targets. More likely to Stevie Stephens drive up & blame girlfriend on random and isolated people ?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170421-135110.jpg (180KB, 922x736px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170421-135110.jpg
180KB, 922x736px
>>33717982
Graphic with science and stuff
>>
>>33716965
No damn way someone can to isolate that single variable.

>>33716985
> Commies are all about self-interest
> Communism, a society in which all property is publicly owned

Seems legit.
>>
>>33711501
Some merit to their point though. I don't want to get hit in crossfire when some righteous avenger decides to start shooting back without looking beyond the target into the crowd of bystanders. I know people with concealed licenses that have horrible groupings in a relaxing range session, or bad judgement under stressful and aggressive situations.

>future alternate reality where every citizen has constitutional carry and wears ballistic clothing/concealed vests 24:7
>crime is no longer a physical danger being replaced by digital means
>police are downsized, paid better, and more specialized training
>national guard utilities when police overwhelmed
>100 million armed citizens
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.