[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of the FAMAS F1 and G2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1200px-FAMAS_dsc06877.jpg (41KB, 1200x410px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-FAMAS_dsc06877.jpg
41KB, 1200x410px
Post your opinions
>>
>>33707650
its a shame they will never (probably) make it stateside
>>
>>33707650
OK guns. Wish I could own one for the hell of it.
>>
>>33707650
Not bad, G2 was good/decent. Sucks France closed down the factories and the company was absorbed by Nexter, a FAMAS H3(or whatever it would have been called) would have been cooler than the HK416F
>>
>>33707650
Looks like a typical rifle that needs to get replaced by a H&K 416
>>
File: 1280.jpg (287KB, 1056x1427px) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
287KB, 1056x1427px
>>33707650
Nice but probably overpriced. I wish we would keep designing and producing our own guns though.
>>
they're very comfortable to use i had an airsoft version when i was a little boy

i mean it's very comfortable to hold and aim with, i like the shape more than real AK-likes i've used obviously i couldn't say what shooting one is like because it was airshit
>>
>>33707887
How do europeans feel about the idea of becoming one big country?
>>
File: 20160120_235322.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160120_235322.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>33707650

It's horrible to clean.
>>
>>33707661
they'll go to africa or the furnace.

which is a same because the receiver looks easy enough to CNC machine out of billet and then heat treat. so parts kit rifles wouldn't be hard.
>>
>>33707961
>they'll go to africa or the furnace.

Neither, we'll keep them in stock, and réservistes will use them.

Why throw weapon when you can use them later, we have a fuckton old weapon keep in storage in old caves, in case of a war.

Better get and old weapon, than no one.
>>
>>33707980
Interesting infomation. Is it even true?
>>
>>33707940
At best they don't really care, I think most people not currently employed by the EU or similar institutions hate it regardless of their politics.
>>
>>33707989

http://www.opex360.com/2017/01/27/m-le-drian-confirme-que-le-famas-equipera-la-garde-nationale/
>>
>>33707948
It really isn't a big deal, there aren't that many pieces and most of the complexity is contained within the fire control group you'd never mess with anyway.
>>
>>33708012

Well, I do prefer the HK 416 when it come to cleaning.
>>
>>33708031
>>33708012
does the french military not have solvent basins to clean weapons in?

i had that when I was in the us army. take the weapon apart. throw the parts in. a little brushing. then wipe clean and dry, then oil.
>>
>>33707948
It actually isn't. The real problem is the military's retardation and their obsession with cleanliness to occupy soldiers despite offering very little training and trigger time.
You go and shoot like 10 rounds, once a month, then you spend the whole afternoon cleaning the gun, and it's not considered clean until the end of the day.
You don't actually need to clean it often, or to give it the white glove treatment to keep it running.
>>
>>33708067

I wonder if the gun gets worn down more from scrubbing than actual shooting.
>>
>>33708126
depends on what is used to clean.

I saw a lot of dumb asses of all ranks, using steel tools, carb cleaner, brake cleaner, oven cleaner, etc to clean their M16 or M4.

I don't even clean my slavshit that eats corrosive surplus ammo to much. I just rub clp over everything, wipe it down with a rag. a bore snake through the barrel a few times until all the major visible fouling is gone. then clp down the barrel. i have desiccant that plugs into the wall to dry out, hanging in my safe to keep the humidity away.
>>
>>33708126
Yes.
>>
File: ajax.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ajax.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>>33708126
I'm sure some idiot somewhere is cleaning his with bleach powder and a brillo pad right now.
>>
>>33707650
Held an F1 before. I really like the mag release. It's kind of like an AK style mag release lever. I think that makes sense for a bullpup. It felt very secure.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.