[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun you purchased that ended up disappointing you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (783KB, 1000x836px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
783KB, 1000x836px
For me it was the Sphinx SDP
>>
>let's take the CZ
>remove all of its aftermarket options
>bump up the price because of Swiss labor laws
>and actually buy this thing

He fell for the Sphinx meme. They're bankrupt and their more compact models suffer from serious reliability issues. I cannot see why someone would want one when the P07 is a thing.
>>
>>33707453
he fell for the >american company buys european brand only to make expensive turds
the sphinx 3000 is arguably the best cz clone. these Kriss made guns have little to nothing to do with the quality of the swiss guns
>>
Nagant. Got it for 120 and shot a spamcan. Just completely unimpressed.
>>
>>33707485
You should try the Finnish ones. It's like night and day difference, especially the M39.
>>
>>33707494
they were always shit no matter who made them
>>
>>33707494
I've shot finnish ones, I mean they look nicer and handle better but it's still the same lame action. I'd rather a mauser or any other surplus rifle.
>>
>>33707453
What reliability issues have you heard of with the subcompacts? My pops has one that I've shot a few times and I thought it was a really nice little carry gun.

>Most disappointing gun

Smith and Wesson MP45c. The slide to frame fit was complete garbage, and I could literally lose sight picture if I got too aggressive with my support hand thumb. It's a bit hard to explain but the slide would cant to the right while the frame wouldn't move. Im pretty sure it was a lemon but with everyone and their mom making poly framed wonderguns, I didn't want to deal with it.
>>
>>33707545
>What reliability issues have you heard of with the subcompacts?
the subcompact had a run of barrels where the chamber was a little too tight.
they replaced the affected guns free of charge
but all the CZ fans went full shitpost mode when it happened.
the CZ forums were spammed hard
>>
>>33707422
i shot 300rds through a SDP Duty and loved it.
There wasn't anything i disliked.
vastly superior to my Sp-01
>>
308 vepr with 23" barrel. I found it to be very bland, not really particularly great at any one thing
>>
Yugo 59/66 SKS.
>>
File: 1368713260568.jpg (171KB, 1077x701px) Image search: [Google]
1368713260568.jpg
171KB, 1077x701px
CZ452FS. Extremely disappointed. Will give it away because I don't even want to sell it and give someone else buyer's remorse.

>But muh CZ .22LRs are great!
Yeah, not really. Feels cheap, is easily damaged and doesn't cycle well with the plastic mags.
(pic not mine)

>>33707476
>the sphinx 3000 is arguably the best cz clone.

It's almost as much a Sig as it is a CZ though. It's got very different internals, including the locking surfaces.
>>
>>33707485
pb?
>>
>>33707453
The subcompact absolutely did have issues for the first couple years. The SDP compact I have is definitely of very high quality and very very reliable, but it's just the little things about it that bug me. Mainly, the weight, the limited options of sights, and one of the biggest turn-offs is the fact that you need to be a pro-thumb wrestler to be able to use the slide release effectively. Even if you have big hands, it still has to be pressed just at the right height to be able to drop the slide. The good things about it such as reliability, the amazing fucking trigger, and the feel of it in general(such as the tight lock-ups), everything feels so damn precise. But a little too precise for me. I've shot the CZ P07 before, night and day difference, but I bet a P07 with a CJW package would be just as good if not better
>>
File: IMG_20160623_133202.jpg (381KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160623_133202.jpg
381KB, 960x720px
>>33707485
>>33707494
>>33707515
>>33707517
Finns didn't make nagants.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.