[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

possibly moving to Texas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg (29KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg
29KB, 800x522px
Iowafag here, "Keokuk" *look at it on Gmaps if you really want to see where old poor farts come to die*
Ive got a few questions for /k/ommandos living in Texas.
I'm thinking of moving down there to get away from the shitty cold weather and lack of entertainment and start a life.
I'm in the situation right now of deciding where exactly id want to try out but I don't really need to make a decision for at least 2 more years but planning ahead wouldn't hurt.
Looking atm to try and end up around the Beaumont area if its decent enough.
And looking for a mix of said things:
>minimal libtardness
>gunshops/ranges
>no antigun city ordinances
>eastern side of the state/close to the gulf
>MUH Mardi-Gras able in a 1-2 day round trip
>not an area where old farts come to die
Also what should I come and expect as far as weather/gunlaws/culture/overall-law. is like compared to Iowa?
What am I in for or should I git before I even got there?
>>
>>33705316
don't fall into the psychiatric trap of shit martini stirrers where "moving" appears as some sort of solution. All your problems will move along with you, except the weightloss program for your pockets. So you will have even less resources to deal with those problems. I remember coming to USA in 1995 (i was student from lithuania on work travel program) and read somewhere that on average americans move around every 5 years. Try adding 2 and 2 together by overlaying such facts with moving business as depicted by moving company in the 1997 movie "breakdown" or instance of similar moving company rainbow fight club caught tap dancing victory pride parades on the NJ storm roof on 9/11. Those self storage businesses all over USA should be considered as equal to piles of personal items near mass graves in nazi concentration camps.
>>
>>33706265
It isn't the situation where im trying to run from my problems its just the area Im in at the moment doesn't have many job opportunitys outside of low wage restaurants and 3 different factorys and in all seriousness is more catered to the elderly *~7 different apartment complexes in a 6 mile radius all for just old folk*
>>
>>33705316
>town of 10,000 people

That isn't even that bad faggot. Don't fall for the big city meme/jew.
>>
>>33705316
I live in New Orleans, just come here. Its better than texas anyways. Texas lacks its own culture, and the only thing it has is shitty fucking tacos.
>>
>>33708463
>crime rate at 98% over the national average
>>
>>33708573
Are you referring to big cities or small towns?
>>
>>33708675
just googling "keokuk iowa crime rate" gives you that.
>>
>>33705316
hey hey Keokuk fag
I'm right over in Macomb IL at WIU

I got a buddy who drives over to Keokuk every once and again for the can deposits
>>
>>33709085
>>33708377
>doesn't have many job opportunitys outside of low wage restaurants and 3 different factorys

shit, I hear you there man
I couldn't find a job last semester until October, really fucked my savings
and the job I was eventually able to get was a shitty one at Casey's
>>
>>33708472
What's it like living there? Enjoyed myself when I was there but I don't think I could see myself living there. But I'm a Houston fag so I don't know shit.
>>
>>33705316
Dont.housing is expensive as fuck now all these large jobs are coming over.its so bad housing in the shittier neighborhoods are going twice their value,and aprtments cost as much as renting a house.
>>
Oh just move to council bluffs. It gives you all the benefits of the city like you want, plus keeps you in based Iowa and is much easier for job prospects. And weather in the Midwest is so much more fun than just different levels of hot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.