[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapons in California

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 1492482237478.jpg (9KB, 222x268px) Image search: [Google]
1492482237478.jpg
9KB, 222x268px
Whats the least expensive and legal way to acquire and or build an assault rifle in California?

Is it possible to order the parts such as a lower receiver online?
>>
>>33704823
>Assault rifle

Enjoy your (you)s
>>
>>33704823
Go to sleep DOJ
>>
>>33704823
buy lower in a store, buy everything else online
>>
>>33704844
i'm going to assault deers and small game
>>
>>33704823
Assault rifles are illegal in Cali. Full auto is kind of a waste of money anyway.
>>
>>33704823
Go away astroturf bloomburgite. The only want to acquire an"assault rifle" in Cali is to join the cops or the military/NG.
>>
OP's image relevent to what OP should do
>>
From a legal standpoint, the lower receiver (even a stripped lower) *is* the gun. That's the part you need to see an FFL for, that you need a Firearms Safety Certificate to buy, that you need to fill out a DROS and Form 4473 for, and that you need to pass a background check and wait ten days for. In other words, it's exactly the same process as buying a completed firearm, and once you've finished it, as far as both the federal government and the state of California are concerned, you legally own a gun. Every other part of the rifle can legally be bought online and without any further paperwork or background checks.

A decent stripped lower will cost you about a hundred bucks, give or take. Many people recommend the ones from Aero Precision.

As for an AR build, the law says that you basically have two options:
1) Build what's called a "featureless" rifle that has no pistol grip, adjustable stock, or flash hider.
2) Build a rifle where you can't remove the magazine (which will, in all cases, be limited to ten rounds) without disassembling the action.

If you're in no hurry to have your AR ready, you can buy a stripped lower and simply build up the parts you need to finish your rifle slowly and over time, looking for deals at online retailers, through the marketplace boards on calguns.net, or at gun shows. This is probably the cheapest way to do it.
>>
>>33704878
*Legally
If you are willing to go outside the law I'm pretty sure the gangs could get you one faster than any legal means any where in the country. Your could also try antigun exsenator Leeland Yee; he is a gun trafficking king pin with his right hand man "Shrimp boy". Tell them Diane Feinstein sent you.
>>
In a sort of devil's advocate kind of way (making the big assumption that this is not a troll), we have to lay down the ground work. OP, do you mean an assault rifle or an assault weapon which are two, very different, but commonly misconstrued things? Based on what you are looking for, the pathways to purchase them legally are different.
>>
>>33704924
talking about a semi-auto ar, ak or pretty much any respectable semi would be cool but i like the idea of building it over a year or two; i understand the lower is registered just seeking suggestions for technique, caliber and build types i guess
>>
>>33704823
Get a VZ-58 with a pinned mag. Feed it with stripper clips. Doesn't look fucked up, as you can have a pistol grip and stuff.
>>
>>33704949
In this case, you are talking about an assault weapon then. Please make sure you learn the distinction or else, like earlier posts illustrated, people will think you are trolling.

To make a bunch of legalese simple, an assault weapon is defined as a semi-automatic weapon off a named list, or with a number of features.

To build your legally owned assault weapon you seem to know that you just need to get your lower registered. After that, just lurk the AKG/ARG threads for insipration and anything that you put on your platform of choice that isn't part of a "compliance build" (like a fixed magazine or non-pistol grip) will end up making your rifle an assault weapon.

Welcome to California where things that are normal for other states are dangerous, crime sources when in these boarders.
>>
File: fightlitescr.jpg (203KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
fightlitescr.jpg
203KB, 675x900px
If you have a little cash, you can also buy a rifle (or just a lower) that's specifically made for ban states like the FightLite SCR. I think it looks pretty badass honestly.
>>
File: ff.png (364KB, 657x558px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
364KB, 657x558px
>complying
>>
Related: So what's a "stripped" lower? What has it been stripped of? What does it include? It's still the only part I have to pass a background check to buy, right?
>>
>>33705350
Stripped lower is the aluminum shaped to fit all the internal parts but without any internal parts in it.
>>
You cannot buy or build an assault rifle in California. Assault rifles are fully automatic, and restricted at the State and Federal level.

You are likely thinking of assault weapons. You cannot buy or build an assault weapon in California. They are illegal at the State level.

You can buy or build AR15s in California, in some configurations. Here's as cheap as you're going to see one.

https://www.preppergunshop.com/ruger-8500-ca-legal-ar556-ar-15-rifle-5-56nato-16-barrel-with-installed-grip-wrap-hera-barrel-cap-1-10rd-mag-featureless

It's $550. You'll also need to pay $25 Dealer's Record of Sale (DROS). You will also need a Firearm Safety Certificate (FSC), which is a test that costs $25.

Here is a link to the FSC study guide.
https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/hscsg.pdf
https://www.preppergunshop.com/ruger-8500-ca-legal-ar556-ar-15-rifle-5-56nato-16-barrel-with-installed-grip-wrap-hera-barrel-cap-1-10rd-mag-featureless

>Is it possible to order the parts such as a lower receiver online?
No. The lower receiver is the legally controlled part of the firearm. It must be sold to you in person from a Federal Firearm Licenseholder (FFL). You can find them at gun stores. The FFL can order lowers you see for sale online, for you. Every other part of the gun can be shipped to your door, except magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, which are illegal by State law.
>>
File: lower parts kit.jpg (131KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
lower parts kit.jpg
131KB, 880x660px
>>33705350
A stripped lower needs a lower parts kit, which contains all the parts that go into the lower. You can put the parts in yourself, but you do need a set of punches to drive in some roll pins.

If you're the kind of person that has trouble with Ikea furniture, you probably don't want to buy a stripped lower.
>>
File: friendo.png (220KB, 746x668px) Image search: [Google]
friendo.png
220KB, 746x668px
>>33705420
>You cannot buy or build an assault rifle in California. Assault rifles are fully automatic, and restricted at the State and Federal level.

False friendo. You can purchase weapons and items like suppressors that are highly regulated in the state. However to legally posess them inside the state of california you need to have what is known as a "dangerous weapons permit".

Unfortunately you have to either have enough influence with, or enough dirt on the Attorney General to get one (at least that was the case with Kamela Harris no idea on the new AG, I left the state a few years ago)... generally only the hollywood armory guys have them, and they're kinda moving out of state more and more.
>>
>>33705466
I know that. But do you really think that's what he's asking about? Do you really think OP is going to own a machine gun out of state, or get a Dangerous Weapons Permit?

Stop stroking yourself off quibbling over irrelevancies.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 384x384px
Go away antifa!!
>>
>>33705020
"get your lower registered"
lol good luck doing that because you haven't had the lower during 2016
>>
>>33705420
you can order the lower online but it has to be sent to a FFL. the FFL does not have to order it for you. anything bought directly from him will be marked up so he can make a profit. anything not bought directly from him (ie. bought online by you, sent to him) will have a sizable fee which will be his profit.
>>
>>33705486
Calm yourself comrade. I was simply providing information relevant to the thread.. albeit information only tangentially relevant and answers no questions that were actually asked.

The fact of the matter is, the more people know, the more they can do. Who knows it may be that op could very well be someone inclined to purchase an NFA item and go through the dangerous weapons permit process now that they know if it. had it never been brought up it could be possible they might never learn of it.

On a related note, did CALDOJ ever get the dick out of it's ass and figure out how the AW registration process is going to happen, or have they still not informed the dealers in the state how to do that?
>>
>>33705526
>will have a sizable fee which will be his profit.

Note, this dealer fee is unregulated and can be anything. I've personally seen dealer fees vary from 25 dollars on the low side to 300 dollars on the high side.
>>
>>33705517
Lowers are still perfectly legal in California. Who's to say that you won't use it as the basis of a compliant featureless build?
>>
>>33705530
No progress has been publicly made. The dealers don't need to be part of the process anyway since anything you are buying right now would not fall under registration.
>>
>>33705530
>did CALDOJ ever get the dick out of it's ass and figure out how the AW registration process is going to happen
No. Nearly a third of the way through the registration period, and still no registry.
>>
>>33705536
My local charges $75, but that includes the $25 DROS fee, so it's really only $50
>>
>>33705539
You can't register it though. If you buy a lower now you have to build a cuckrifle on it.
>>
>>33705539
for the purposes of assault weapon registration he would have to have owned it before 2017. since he's asking very basic questions right now he definitely didn't own it in 2016.

assault weapon registration is implied in >>33705020
>>
>>33705540
>>33705541

Jesus.... did they not think thi..... oh wait it's politicians.

Isn't the restrictions on ammo amount purchases and the ammo background checks for californians supposed to kick in the end of this year too?
>>
>>33705526
>you can order the lower online but it has to be sent to a FFL. the FFL does not have to order it for you.
You can start the process online, yourself. But your FFL still has to contact the seller's FFL. Your FFL is the one actually doing the ordering, not you.
>>
>>33705502
all these years a d I just noticed that she's holding a .22
>>
>>33705544
The closest FFL to me charges $100 for the fee and the $25 DROS is on top of that. I drive an hour away just out of principal even if it is a pain in the ass to do if it isn't the weekend.

>>33705557
They pulled regulations back in February because lawyers were threatening to launch lawsuits over their overreaching nature that was not included as part of the approved penal codes. Yes ammo kicks in next year. Yes it's going to be retarded and will probably take just as long.
>>
>>33705548
>>33705553
Depends what you mean by "registered". I hate to tell you this, but ALL of our gun purchases are registered here in California. That's what a DROS *does*. If he meant "registered as an assault weapon", then sure, but I took it to mean "DROSed".
>>
>>33705562
FFL is not doing the ordering. your FFL is just telling the other FFL they are a valid FFL. for stores that have your receiving FFL holder's license on file they don't have to talk at all. they can just send the firearm.
>>
>>33705578
read >>33705020 again
since he was talking about things with features that means he was talking assault weapon registration.
>>
>>33705594
But again, you don't need to get a lower "registered" (beyond a DROS) because a lower doesn't have any features, prohibited or not, so talking about the need to register it doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>33705570
You know... one time I wrote a letter to Costa outlining a bill proposal outlining a "FAL" (Firearms Approval License) thing that'd be a great compromise because I still lived in the state and he was my rep at the time.

The basics were pretty much:

>50 dollar fee
>acts as a photo id
>must be renewed every 4 years
>renewal consists of a firearms safety course and written test, think hunter's safety
To apply you need to do the safety course, test, and pass an FBI NICS check
>the stripe/chip whatever init contains your NICS info and instantly populates the fields and sends it on it's way

The compromise bit goes here. Anyone with the FAL skips the 10 day wait as long as the NICS check pops clean.
No restrictions on ammo purchasing, or mag size for FAL holders
FAL holders also can do private transfers, as they simply ask "let me see your fal" and if it looks legit, well it looks legit.

...Sadly he never got back to me on that.. probably went straight into the round file.
>>
>>33705619
if you're following the chain the first post I responded to was >>33705020 and you took objection to my post. that's why i keep pointing back to >>33705020
>>
>>33705629
A judge actually said that the 10 day wait was pointless for people who already own a firearm and that it should be gotten rid of. The state said that didn't matter and the 10 day wait would stand. It's currently in appeals hell. The ammo thing and mag size, well, you see how that went thanks to a combination of CA politicians and Gavin Newsome. Once Newsome gets in it's going to get even worse.
>>
>>33704823
>Whats the least expensive and legal way to acquire and or build an assault rifle in California?

leave
>>
>>33705703
>least expensive
>leave
uh....
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.