[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock 19 or 26?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: glock-26-vs-19.jpg (793KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
glock-26-vs-19.jpg
793KB, 1632x1224px
I'm buying my first gun very soon and looking to CC with it. I'm torn between the 26 and the 19.

Anyone want to help me out?
>>
>>33704492
19 is the perfect only gun. it can fulfill all roles adequately. however if you end up buying multiple guns like say a 26,19, and 17 you are never going to shoot the 19. if you need to ccw you will use the 26 if its for range fun you use the 17 cause fullsizes are more fun and forgiving to shoot.
a 26 is a specialized gun and much harder to learn on than a 19 or 17. if your first gun is a 26 its a steeper learning curve.
>>
File: ''bhnjh8o-8uyt4544989998990.jpg (59KB, 726x968px) Image search: [Google]
''bhnjh8o-8uyt4544989998990.jpg
59KB, 726x968px
>>33704492
I have a 19 and 26 and desu I shoot my 26 way more. Perhaps because it's my carry gun but I really love the fuck out of that thick 26. You can't go wrong either way, OP. 19 seems like it could serve more a dual role if you're wanting a solid HD gun.
>>
>>33704662
Pretty much this. The Glock 19 while shootable is absolutely concealable. People make this bugaboo about it being "huge" because they never actually tried concealing it.

While it isn't the most concealble Glock, I think it's the smallest you should go with a pistol to fight with. I would never want to carry anything smaller than a Glock 19 after I learned I can conceal it with minimal effort.
>>
>>33704492
I've been concealing a 19 for 1 year now and have never been uncomfortable. I carry at 11 o clock and can say I love this gun.
>>
>>33704492
>1st gun

I say 19.
>>
>>33704872
It's a 16 round 9mm that weighs a hair under 30oz. You really can't beat that.
>>
>>33704492
Probably the 19. I got a 26, and the hump is just digs into my hands. Plus, subcompacts are just harder to shoot in general. You can conceal a 19 just fine
>>
File: 2347432.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
2347432.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
mfw glocks cost about 1300-1500 usd here not counting ammo mags and registration. fuck my gay country
>>
>>33705101
Fuck anon that sucks...where u from!?
>>
Carry the biggest gun you can carry comfortably. Bigger guns are easier to shoot and have more rounds, all other things being equal. The 26 is considerably easier to carry but the 19 is by no means hard.

That said, I would suggest getting a used Glock in .40 as they are cheap as fuck right now.
>>
>>33704492
I have both and the 26 fits my hand perfectly and I can shoot it as well as my 19 and 17.

Also magpul recently came out with the pmag 12 gl9 for the 26 and they're great and give +2 capacity
>>
>>33705122
philippines, anything with an international brand is usually 3-4x their usual price and the only ones that are even anywhere near affordable are usually norincos or chinese knockoffs. the whole point is also rendered moot since they make the registration process a really slow and painful affair ensuring that the majority of legal firearms owners are the rich and elite. hell buying from the rebels is actually cheaper and easier if it werent for the crackdown going on now
>>
Get a 23
>>
I carry a glock 19 all the time and its pretty comfy. Im also tall and skinny if that helps
>>
Thanks for the solid replies guys.

I'm leaning towards the 19 as it is dual purpose CC and HD. If it makes a difference I'm also 5'10 with broad shoulders and chest, so I'm told that concealing isn't that hard due to the V shape torso.
>>
File: Moar Barrels.png (45KB, 520x328px) Image search: [Google]
Moar Barrels.png
45KB, 520x328px
>>33704492
Why not a 27 and get a 9mm & .357 barrel to swap and some 9mm mags?

Now you have the best of 3 worlds? Why limit to 1 type of ammunition?
>>
>>33704662

Came here to say this. I only own a 19, I might get a single stack compact for summer carry because the difference between the 19 and the 26 isn't enough to justify dropping money on it. You can't go wrong with getting just the 19 or a 17 (imo get a 34) and a 26 but if you have an excessively heavy wallet I'd suggest for the 17 and 26.

If you get the 26, really consider a 34 over a 17 next, it's the better gun to train marksmanship on and you get a hair better velocity out of it.
>>
>>33706503
9mm is already perfect, though?
>>
>>33706503
>let's purposefully buy a 27 so we have an option of shooting 2 more expensive and even more unpleasantly shooting rounds for no real reason!

Yeah great fucking idea you idiot. Notice how OP queried on the 19 and 26? That's a clue that he doesn't want to play around with retard calibers.
>>
Get the 26 and put a 19 barrel in it along with some 19 mags
>>
>>33706503
The 9mm conversion barrel is not 100% reliable absent an extractor and ejector swap. While .357 would be perfectly reliable, it's a damn meme cartridge.
>>
26 all the way.

I had the same dilemma except my carry pick was the Glock 30S. Even nowadays, I still shoot my 30S more since it's my carry gun.
>>
>>33704492
I own both. I've never concealed my 19, but have open carried it once or twice.

My CCW for a long time was a pocket 9 (kahr pm9) but I just recently bought a G26 this winter and began carrying it as well. Personally I haven't bought any special belts for CC so the 19 is too heavy and uncomfortable to me. Some guys seem to do OK concealing it in the front but I don't like carrying there.

At 4 or 5 o clock the G26 conceals well for me with most shirts. There are a few that don't sit right so then I carry the pm9 and it totally disappears.

Also, if you want a dual purpose gun you can simply get the extended mags for the 26 (go nuts and get a 33 rounder, or just toss a 17 rounder in there) and voila, basically the same HD package as a G19. Extended mags for HD and flush mags for carry.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.