[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shillelagh thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 27

File: shillelagh.jpg (65KB, 588x478px) Image search: [Google]
shillelagh.jpg
65KB, 588x478px
A Canadian friend of mine (he's not a cuck) told me about a traditional weapon they typically have called a shillelagh (pronounced "shil-lay-lay"). There are nicely designed ones made with varnish and all but it's pretty much just a piece of a tree branch that can be used as an effective blunt weapon.
The nice thing about it is that it's legal literally anywhere in the world; you have yourself a nice, simple, go-anywhere lethal weapon (it will crack a skull) that you could be walking along with and people will just think you're collecting firewood (okay it might look a little weird in the city), because it's just a damn stick...primitive level weaponry is still weaponry after all. Of course, I'm happy to have my AR15 for when the commies come to burn my house, but this could be a great thing for europeans to carry with themselves to fend off the multiculturalism.

We were on a hike when we found this particular one (it's pine, I think). You can't see it in the pic but it's got little spikes in the head that I'm sure wouldn't go easy on whomever it hits.
>>
File: DSCN1325.12635301_large.jpg (399KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1325.12635301_large.jpg
399KB, 1280x1706px
No, that isn't really a shillelagh, it's too curved and wouldn't work well for an accurate strike. You need a relatively straight limb with a knurled head for one. The wood also needs to be very strong, traditionally they were made with Irish Blackwood. It's supposed to double as a walking stick.
>>
>>33704268
>>33704268

Illegal in California. Even illegal to walk around with a cane if you don't need it.
>>
It's a traditional Irish walking stick. Cold Steel has a version of it.

http://www.coldsteel.com/blackthorn-shillelagh.html
>>
>>33704299
How would the police prove you don't need a walking cane though?
>>
>>33704299
what? you're supposed to strut unassisted?
>>
>>33704268
That's the retarded tourist version you fucking idiot
>>
>>33704299
>Illegal in California. Even illegal to walk around with a cane if you don't need it.
Bullshit.
>>
File: Assorted_shillelagh.jpg (24KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Assorted_shillelagh.jpg
24KB, 220x293px
>>33704268
proper shillelaghs started in ireland for many of those reasons are are usually made of blackthorn wood, a fairly dense and durable wood, usually with a knob at the top (the cut from the tree proper) that is polished to show the grain. they are usually cane-staff in length as they were meant to be a just in case style weapon.
what you have is not a shillelagh. its a club and a shitty one at that. pine is a very weak wood when it comes to impacts, nothing like maple or oak, especially not blackthorn. it is too curved (wonky stress distribution that will lead to a break just above the handle). a proper shillelagh is usually fairly straight. also seems a bit short to be appropriate.
here are some pic relateds.
I have made a couple shillelaghs. I tend to use oak or ironwood for mine as i am not irish. ironwood is my favorite to use and is far denser and harder than blackthorn or oak, but does not have the unique look to it.
>>
>>33704296
I know it looks funky, but believe me it has a very nicely balanced weight and I hit what I aim for (I tried it), and it is very strong--I banged it on a big rock, very solid.
I wasn't aware that it has to double as a walking stick to be a shillelagh, but this indeed is an effective fighting stick. Thanks for the info anywho.
My Canadian friend told me that nothing stops an Irishman with a shillelagh and a belly full of whisky, I kek'd.

>>33704299
Self defense with your bare hands may as well be illegal in California. Only thing left to do is escape before the rest of the country decides to nuke it.
>>
Why are /pol/ posters such cringe? Look at that god-awful "kek" flag in the back. I bet this faggot takes it down whenever someone who isn't mommy enters the room.
>>
File: kekistani flag.jpg (87KB, 1400x841px) Image search: [Google]
kekistani flag.jpg
87KB, 1400x841px
>>33704376
>god-awful
that's just...like...your opinion, man.

>takes it down
no.
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (74KB, 405x1111px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
74KB, 405x1111px
>>33704319
Apparently a native Canadian that pointed this one out on the hike has a different view.
>>
>>33704369
>Can't buy a slab of .22
>Mags stolen with no compensation
Literally worse than Australia tier
>>
>>33704369
>Self defense with your bare hands may as well be illegal in California.
But it's not. >>33704299 is full of shit. I'm not defending California's gun laws, but people believe the most retarded rumors about them. They're bad enough as is - there's no need to exaggerate them.
>>
>>33704416
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shillelagh_(club)
Its not Canadian, its Irish
Go back to /pol/ and stop making shitty threads
>>
>>33704438
True, but the sad thing is that they're pretty much heading towards that.
>>
>>33704450
I didn't say it's Canadian, it just is a thing up there. They've adopted a few things from the Irish as far as I know.
>>
File: pepe kys.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pepe kys.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
>>33704450
And this is /k/, as in anything weapons related, so if I want to make a thread about a particular blunt weapon, you can't stop me. Eat a fat dick if you don't like it.
>>
>>33704299
The fuck are you talking about. I can walk down the street with a god damned mace if I wanted to. You are a liar and a retard.

Sincerely,
a Californian
>>
>>33704438
>>33704320
>>33704515

You obviously haven't read the laws in California concerning "melee weapons." If you're walking around with a cane for the purpose of self defense that is a crime. Just because you get away with shit doesn't mean it's not illegal. But please walk around with a mace you fucking tards.
>>
File: helium suicide.jpg (94KB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
helium suicide.jpg
94KB, 640x411px
>>33704450
>try to start a decent thread about a very not-talked-about weapon
>"shitty thread"

>*triggered by kek flag in background that doesn't appeal to muh superior aesthetic tastes*, "go back to /pol/"
I'll go wherever I want and next time I'll make sure that flag is right up front in your face. It will fill the whole frame.
>>
>>33704576
>make stupid thread about things you know nothing about
>get told facts
>cry
Fixed.
>>
>>33704602
>>33704363 told me facts and I greatly appreciate his input. The difference between you and him is that you're an asshole.
>>
>>33704563
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&sectionNum=22210.
>Except as provided in Section 22215 and Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any leaded cane, or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a billy, blackjack, sandbag, sandclub, sap, or slungshot, is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170.

So, which one of those is a cane? Or a mace?

>You obviously haven't read the laws in California
>>
>>33704299
Fucking Reagan.
>>
File: kek wills it.jpg (82KB, 552x615px) Image search: [Google]
kek wills it.jpg
82KB, 552x615px
>>33704376
Hey...are you not a follower of Kek? Fucking heretic.
>>
>>33704268
kekistan flag where
>>
>>33704318
pshaw!
>>
>>33704752
wait im not a pol fag so i dont know these things

but wasnt his name pepe?

and get off my /k/ you cancerous fucking /pol/ fag
>>
>>33704752
On this board, it's the /k/ube, or death, sir.
>>
>>33704369
Holy fuck, that's actually worse than some laws in leafistan

Hope Calicucks can overthrow their shitty government someday
>>
>>33704792
>but wasnt his name pepe?
During the election, /pol/ started worshiping him as Kek, after an Egyptian chaos god of the name with the form of a frog was found.
Then someone figured that if enough people wrote in their nationalities as being from "Kekistan", then it would have to be legally recognized as a people. Kinda like how some write their religion in as Jedi.
>>
File: meme.jpg (36KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
36KB, 480x472px
>>33704792
Pepe is Kek's prophet, you ignorant buffoon.
>>
File: mighty kek.jpg (113KB, 564x729px) Image search: [Google]
mighty kek.jpg
113KB, 564x729px
>>33705017
>newfag
So anything that comes out of /pol/ after 2015 is taboo, I take it? YOU kill yourself, you disgusting, smelly, self-loathing heathen.
>>
>>33705017
>not even noticing what the thread is about while losing 10 testosterone points over a fucking flag in the background
Are you truly autistic or just trying to keep that meme going?
>>
>>33705042
Considering that wasn't even 2 years ago, yeah actually. Also, last I checked this was /k/ not /pol/
>>
Why are there so many anuses in this thread losing their shit over the fucking flag in the background....I just want to talk about SHILLELAGHS ffs.
>>
File: really furious pepe.jpg (32KB, 404x434px) Image search: [Google]
really furious pepe.jpg
32KB, 404x434px
>>33705072
Yeah, last I checked, this was /k/, where we talk about weapons, SUCH AS CLUBS/SHILLELAGHS BEING THE TOPIC HERE.
>>
>>33705076
You could have taken a picture of it away from the flag, but you had to flaunt your liking of men.
>>
>>33705072
You want me to take my shillelagh thread to /pol/? It wouldn't be welcome there, you absolute fucking far left end of the IQ bell curve.
>>
>>33705064
>>33705076

>Lol I got to be sure to get this ebin unrelated flag in my pic xd

>All those funny 4chan guys will give me so much cred and Lols! Hahaha! XD

Kill yourself
>>
>>33705099
So you want me to move my whole god damn setup just so my webcam is not pointed at the opposite end of the room? Or you'd rather I took it down just for the fucking photo of a certain type of club I want to discuss?

Hang yourself with electrical wire you autistic shit stain.
>>
File: 0nAHSQ6.jpg (3MB, 2692x1752px) Image search: [Google]
0nAHSQ6.jpg
3MB, 2692x1752px
>>33705003
THATS WHY I ASKED thank you for belittling me because i am interested in your religion's theology

now again i say get the hell off my fucking /k/ you cancerous /pol/ fag piece of shit

picture unrelated to post content

but the brig niagara is cool and so is the mackinac bridge
>>
>>33705115
>Has webcam pointing in the sky at his gay flag wasting tons of screen with his stupid nigger club on the far right

Literally kill yourself everyone knows what you tried to do. No one is going to suck off some newfag for having a cringy gay faggot flag.
>>
>>33705102
Actually I vote for you killing yourself
>>
>>33705106
Read this you literal piece of dog shit:>>33705115
>>
>>33705137
Haha you seem mad
>>
File: ff.jpg (120KB, 663x747px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
120KB, 663x747px
Someone post the image of a man taking a pic of some object compared to a woman taking the pic of an object where her face is all in the shot.

That is literally exactly what people like op are and all the tripfags in /arg/ and EDC threads.
>>
>>33705121
>everyone knows what you tried to do

OH SHIT you got me. I'm guilty of not getting the exact perfect angle so I can crop out a fucking flag that doesn't fucking matter on the other end of the room, HOLY SHIT, I await my execution by firing squad, I must be punished for this unforgivable crime!

I hope you get captured by ISIS and have your head slowly sawed off on live national television you nitpicking shitfitter.
>>
>>33705143
tbqh I am pretty pissed :P I wanted to talk about shillelaghs but nooo these retards are executing me over a fucking flag in the background.
>>
>>33705169
>Oh man all my 4chan friends are gonna love this stupid cancerous newfag kekflag I have in my room! Hahaha oh boy I can't wait to see their responses!

Get btfo you little fag wanker

Piss off. I already had to watch you little kekfag newcucks ruin /pol/, go back to /r/the_donald.
>>
>>33705188
Alright, listen to me you degenerate negroid...

I don't care what you think about my decor and I didn't ask for your fucking response like "ha ha btw look at my kek republic flag lol plz let's talk about it". Nobody likes an attention whore and I don't try to be one. I will repeat what my thread was about in case you forgot, since you have the fucking memory of a goldfish:
A Canadian friend of mine (he's not a cuck) told me about a traditional weapon they typically have called a shillelagh (pronounced "shil-lay-lay"). There are nicely designed ones made with varnish and all but it's pretty much just a piece of a tree branch that can be used as an effective blunt weapon.
The nice thing about it is that it's legal literally anywhere in the world; you have yourself a nice, simple, go-anywhere lethal weapon (it will crack a skull) that you could be walking along with and people will just think you're collecting firewood (okay it might look a little weird in the city), because it's just a damn stick...primitive level weaponry is still weaponry after all. Of course, I'm happy to have my AR15 for when the commies come to burn my house, but this could be a great thing for europeans to carry with themselves to fend off the multiculturalism.

We were on a hike when we found this particular one (it's pine, I think). You can't see it in the pic but it's got little spikes in the head that I'm sure wouldn't go easy on whomever it hits.

Also,
>implying I even touch fucking plebbit
I know you don't like me but don't stoop to that level of insult, please.
>>
>>33705231
You asked for the response the minute you made it more the focal point of your image than the item you apparently wanted to discuss.

Everyone knows what you're doing you little kekfag /r/the_donald piece of shit. Go jerk off to your styxx videos you aids riddled newfag.
>>
File: shit.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>33705188
If you really wish to go on about it, it is a very stylish flag. Your art taste is just fucking shit, you know, like pic related:
>>
>>33704268
You should carry that around as a clear signal for the general public that you have severe autism. This way they can take the appropriate measures to avoid you and notify the relevant authorities.
>>
>>33705259

Go back to posting kikebart articles on /r/the_donald while sucking off your neocon kiddo
>>
File: shillelagh2.jpg (78KB, 588x478px) Image search: [Google]
shillelagh2.jpg
78KB, 588x478px
>>33705245
There, I went and opened up photoshop just to I can erase the thing that's triggering your autism.
J U S T
F O R
Y O U
>>
>>33705287
Too late we already know that you're a newfag shitter now and this entire site is worse off for you being on it.
>>
>>33705260
It would look silly just carrying it in the hand, yes. It seems like it can fit in a backpack though.
>>
>>33705294
You will now stop being an ass and talk about shillelaghs.
>>
>>33705294
So what if that flag is new? If someone who's been on 4chan for 9 years went and designed a completely brand new flag and put it up in his room, would that make him a newfag? You see the retardation in your logic? I just like the fucking flag, for fuck's sake, is it really such a fucking crime to like something new?

You're the one who should be setting up a noose right now.
>>
>>33705339
Yes. Only newfags do the kekfag shit you retard.
>>
File: anon painting.jpg (66KB, 585x585px) Image search: [Google]
anon painting.jpg
66KB, 585x585px
Jeez...

At the end of the day...no shillelagh discussion was had...but did it really matter? Was it really all worth it?....*deep philosophical think*
>>
>>33705360
Well, apparently you're wrong. I've been here since 2008...but I may just be an oddball.

What a shit show this place has devolved into. Even newfags were somewhat tolerated back then because everybody was a newfag.
>>
>>33705339
This level of "epic 4chan meme" autism should be illegal. It's not trolling, it's not being funny, it's just sad and routine newfag action we've all seen for years on end.
>>
>>33705385
>Even newfags were tolerated back then because everyone was a newfag

Holy fuck you are so full of shit it isn't even funny.

Go back to ebaums kid
>>
>>33705412
Dude, fuck off. I've lurked 4Chan since 200motherfucking6 on /tg/ then /k/ and /new/ then started posting back in 2010. If you're not going to contribute to the thread LEAVE.
>>
>>33706035
>>33706035
I had left before yet you keep replying to me you dumb lying newfag. Why keep replying to me? You know deep down I'm right that's why.
>>
File: 1414749314263.jpg (26KB, 480x557px) Image search: [Google]
1414749314263.jpg
26KB, 480x557px
>>33706035
This is just pathetic. You're completely anonymous, you have nothing to prove to anyone. The eternal newfag always tries to claim he's been here for years.

Long time users don't bother saying how long they've been on here, they just reply with as little autism and faggotry as possible.
>>
File: IMG_0831.jpg (56KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0831.jpg
56KB, 320x320px
>>33704752
No
>>
>>33704369
California trying to one-up Massachusetts and New York in the cuckathon
>>
>>33704917
Thanks, Know Your Meme guy.
>>
>>33705042
>he doesn't deny it
Lurk moar you double faggot
>>
File: tripped and fell.jpg (87KB, 650x490px) Image search: [Google]
tripped and fell.jpg
87KB, 650x490px
>>33704296
>>33704268
Blackthorn/Ironwood actually and you should look into proper drying/storage becuase that step destroys most.
If you do it yourself you should probably go ahead with at least 3 to avoid that.
Also check out the weighting via lead. Its trickey but crazy good.
>TL;DR
making it yourself is a fun project but a lot of work and can take a year+
>>
>>33705385
We're literally being invaded by shareblue right now f a m. Don't be so mad they're just trolls.
>>
>>33706400

so? we've been invaded by stormfront for the past three years.
>>
>>33704369

What a shitshow.
>>
>>33706408
I know :^)
>>
>>33704268
That is a branch, you dolt.
>>
>>33705412
>ebaums
Oh God, where has the time gone?
>>
>>33704369
And this is why I will never live in California or New England.

Yes, it may have its problems and its people, but I won't sacrifice my Second Amendment rights to act like a retard in the woods on my weekends off, nor be treated like a criminal for owning stuff that's legal in over 45 states.

Fuck you, California. Stop trendsetting fear.
>>
>>33704369
>My Canadian friend told me that nothing stops an Irishman with a shillelagh and a belly full of whisky, I kek'd.
He lied to you. You could stop an Irishman with another bottle of whisky. Set it down on the sidewalk. Potatohead makes a move to get the whisky..you grab the shillelagh from him and beat him even more senseless. Profit!
>>
>>33704416
That's not a shillelagh then, a shillelagh is a specifically Irish weapon, typically used by an old guy or common man in a historical context. Native Americans may well have their own clubs and blunt melee weapons, but they wouldn't be shillelaghs.
>>
File: 1488469150347.jpg (210KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488469150347.jpg
210KB, 600x600px
>>33704487
>it just is a thing up there. They've adopted a few things from the Irish as far as I know
Are you seriously retarded?
Adopted it as what? Our national walking stick?
It is NOT "a thing" here in Canada.
Its not a trend not a wave not a phenomenon...it is nothing.
Are there a few people in Canada that may have one? Yes. Is it something that will ever be "a thing"? Fuck no.
Even if there were a fucking Canadian Shillelagh Club..it still does not constitute "a thing".
Please...die.
>>
>>33704318
Underrated
>>
>>33704268
It's literally a stick.
>>
File: She lay lay.jpg (10KB, 300x158px) Image search: [Google]
She lay lay.jpg
10KB, 300x158px
> No Sheridan jokes

I'm ashamed if you /k/
>>
>>33704268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4220eWR83Q
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-20-13-49-02.png (241KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-20-13-49-02.png
241KB, 720x1280px
>>33704651
It's the law that talks about melee stuff, the rules on clubs is crazy, but the knife one says you can carry any fixed blade you want just on concealed. A guy with a sword on his back is ok. Long Beach and a few other places have their own laws, which is probably one if the worst parts about callifornia.
>>
File: kandpol.png (2MB, 1074x1107px) Image search: [Google]
kandpol.png
2MB, 1074x1107px
>>33704390
>>
>>33707202
>And this is why I will never live in California or New England.
Northern New England (NH/VT/ME) has great gun/self-defense laws. Hell, even Rhode Island isn't that bad. It's really just Massachusetts (liberal ground zero) and Connecticut (full of soccer moms) that are the problem.
>>
File: perfect2.png (300KB, 701x743px) Image search: [Google]
perfect2.png
300KB, 701x743px
>>33709468
>>
File: 1400604750904.png (319KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1400604750904.png
319KB, 500x628px
>>33709519
>>
>>33709508
>Hell, even Rhode Island isn't that bad
I'm still perplexed how relatively lax RI's gun laws are considering how it is literally surrounded by two of the most cucked states in the union.
>>
>>33709537
Because Rhode Island is rich white as fuck. No niggers to ban guns for.
>>
>>33704268
Where the fuck did you get a Kekistan flag?
>>
>>33709645
Ebay
>>
>>33704317
by kicking the cane and seeing if you fall down
i'm serious
>>
>>33704376
>REEEE THOSE EBIL RIGHT WINGERS MAKING FUN OF MY PRECIOUS POC
you already shit up the humor thread stay out of this one
>>
>>33704363
Where is the comrade who makes the shillelaghs and how can I purchase your weares?
>>
>>33704268

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1W8KKPmlm4

"The boys of Liverpool, when we safely landed
Called meself a fool, I could no longer stand it
Blood began to boil, temper I was losing
Poor old Erin's Isle they began abusing
>"Hurrah me soul" says I, me Shillelagh I let fly
Galway boys were by and saw I was a hobblin'
With a "lo!" and "hurray!" they joined in the affray
Quickly cleared the way for the rocky road to Dublin

One, two, three four, five
Hunt the hare and turn her down the rocky road
And all the ways to Dublin, whack, follol de-dah"
>>
File: IMG_3097.jpg (593KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3097.jpg
593KB, 1224x1632px
Anw wood experts that can identify this shillelagh shaped stick i found in a dried riverbed in northern Oklahoma about 6 years ago?
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.