[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is infantry outdated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Does infantry matter anymore? Is all the real fighting done with tanks, IFVs, artillery, planes, etc.? A whole group of guys can get taken out with one shell. What is/k/s opinion?
>>
>>33702337
You still need guys on the ground, to kick in doors and do patrols
>>
>>33702360
No you don't lol
>>
>>33702337
Armored fighting vehicles, artillery, and planes are only there to protect infantry from other armored fighting vehicles, artillery, and planes. You will never not need boots on the ground.
>>
>>33702337
Maybe. I don't know.

Who'd commit war crimes without 0311s? Would you like to hear one?
>>
>>33702387
Abandon thread
>>
>>33702337

Can you stuff an IFV into an office building?
>>
>>33702337
No. But making all those meat heads walk everywhere to get shot at is pretty damn funny.
>>
>>33702337

Is paying taxes outdated yet? That'd be nice.
>>
File: 1470351828129.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470351828129.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>
>>33702462
Make me laugh.
>>
>>33702472
You sound like a libertarian
>>
>>33702337
Still gotta have people to lie around all day, stand post for a boring amount of time, and salute to officers and POG NCO's for doing their Jobs regardless of how shitty their results were.

An LAV or Vehicle can't stand on guard for 48 hours without someone getting bored as shit and just going to sleep inside of it.
>>
>>33702337

Yes. Infantry is still required to be a meatshield.
>>
>>33702337
>IFV costs include cost of crew(food, bedding, medical care, training, etc.), maintenance, gear, fuel, and ammo
>Infantry includes cost of IFV crewman+gear and ammo
>>
>>33702337
Syria tried to use two types of units in the 1967 war with Israel.

One of them was purely combat vehicles (like tanks, SPAAGs etc) and one was mixed tanks and Infantry.

The mixed battalions did much much better in combat than the ones that consisted of only combat vehicles.

No mater if you like it or not, you are not going to be able to patrol a village that contains civilians with just vehicles.
>>
>>33702387

This guy's never been in combat....
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.