[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Connecting with a Glock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: glock brand glockazine.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
glock brand glockazine.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
So I recently purchased a glock 17 gen 3 and I'm not a newbie to pistols but I have had some difficulty connecting my shots with the glock (roughly 60% hits at 20 yards on a 6x6 steel plate). Any tips that are glock specific? I have the fundamentals of pistol shooting down but this one causes me issues.
>>
>>33697322
https://youtu.be/G8JX2hZR_6g
>>
you already did it wrong by expecting to hit with a glock.
>>
>>33697537
This. Anyone who's not a glock fanboy thinks the trigger is ass. It takes some getting used to is all. That and the trigger pull smooths out slightly after 500 rounds.
>>
I'm definitely not a fanboy I dont throw my ego behind my guns, the trigger is definitely a contributing factor its a long heavy pull. I'm gonna swap it with a 3lb connector.
>>
>>33697617
You can do that, but first try getting some metal polish and polishing the internal contact surfaces. It makes a noticeable difference on new glocks.
>>
>>33697322
Get a laser. It is a great Indicator of trigger control issues.
>>
I've been doing some dry fire drills and can only see some slight movement that seems to be the result of the striker dropping not trigger discipline.
>>
>>33697658
Or print off some of these for like $0.05
>>
>>33697680
You will be amazed at how much it helps.
>>
>>33697688
This would be useful if it explained what the difference between pushing or heeling was. Or what breaking wrist down, dropping head meant.
>>
>>33697680
>>33697759
Ball dummy drills can also help if your dry fire is fine but you still feel like you're flinching

https://pistol-training.com/drills/ball-dummy-drill
>>
Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire.....then dry fire some more.

Tighten up the grip with your off hand.

Rotate your off hand forward so your thumb rides the frame. Lock your arms and wrists. Concentrate on just moving your trigger finger like it's on a hinge at the first knuckle.

Focus HARD on the front sight.
>>
Its not a flinching issue I feel like its a severe difference in the hardware my go to pistol is an EAA witness and I can usually do 80% hits under the exact same circumstances. I dont have an issue with handguns I'm looking for glock specific advice.
>>
>>33698286
Other than using good fundamentals the only glock specific advice I can think of is that they want the front sight to touch the bottom of the target (pumpkin on post style).

If you are holding in the middle of the target you may be shooting over it.

Of course, if the sights have been changed this may not apply.
>>
Glock 17 is gay, should have got a Glock 21SF
>>
Too expensive to shoot regularly
>>
>>33698387
Yes, but man it feels good to shoot. I feel I can shoot that better than alot of handguns I have tried and owned. Also, 13 + 1 rounds of 45ACP make you feel like a G.
>>
Dont change out the trigger. Learn to hit without fucking with the trigger the Glock trigger is fine.
>>
>>33698409
Glocks chambered in 45 are freakishly accurate. Like, match bullseye gun accurate in some cases.

I had a 19, and I could blow it out of the water with my 21.
>>
If I'm gonna go with a double stack 45 I'm going with an fnx. I'm not keeping the stock connector when I can get a 3lb connector for $10
>>
>>33698427
It's the polygonal barrel I think.
>>
>>33697537
What the fuck is he talking about? Like putting the trigger between the first and second joints of your finger, not on the pad of the tip?
>>
>>33698432
It's surmised that the 45s octagonal rifling is more accurate than the hexagonal rifling found in other caliber glocks.
>>
>>33698527
I believe that to be an accurate assessment. At least in my experimentation.
>>
Every missed shot say, I will stare at the front sight, the whole sight and nothing but the sight, so help me John Moses Browning. Repeat until desired grouping
>>
Keep with it OP. I hated Glocks. My wife got one. I couldn't shoot it for shit. Got determined I would not have a gun in house I couldn't shoot well. Mastered it. Now, I don't like shooting anything else. Dry fire. It's the trigger. Once you get it, you got it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.