[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FN Five-Seven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: kahaha.jpg (219KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kahaha.jpg
219KB, 1024x768px
Tell me about the FN Five-Seven, /k/. All memes aside, in favor or against, is this a viable weapon?

>"Glorified .22Mag"
>Double digit body count in Fort Hood shooting

Also meme gun/caliber general I suppose.
>>
File: 57.jpg (95KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
95KB, 488x750px
Trigger takes some getting used to.
Pretty accurate, also at longer distance.
High capacity.

But most people won't trust it to put a junkie down.
>>
>>33696970
Marisa.. is that you?
>>
File: Nothis-is-Patrick-Meme-Photo.jpg (14KB, 396x301px) Image search: [Google]
Nothis-is-Patrick-Meme-Photo.jpg
14KB, 396x301px
>>33697020
>>
It's not bad, if I was going to drop $1k on a handgun I'd probably go for one of these.

It's a snowflake gun with a specific niche that most of us don't need, and its effectiveness in that niche is questionable. But a centerfire handgun is a centerfire handgun.

Not a fan of the magazine disconnect though.
>>
>>33697020
Nah, if it was Marisa, OP would already be going on about muh wound vectors.
>>
>>33697305
Correct. Just a genuinely curious OP here. Wanting to know about the round and the weapon. Realistic capabilities of both and possible future developments with handgun technology.
>>
File: IMG_0071.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0071.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33697295
>>
>>33697423
It really really really depends on the ammo you use. I have seen ballistics test of the t6 ammo that acts like a rifle round out of a pistol. However, that ammo is absurdly expensive and hard to get. The commercial ammo for the 5.7 is a fucking joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMlxdp1cSw
>>
Good enough to kill one of my friends at hood. If you have the money and want it, shoot.

I've got it and love it, just remember that shot placement will win out everytime, eventually if you plug enough holes into someone they will die.
>>
It has all the right ideas for handgun design, unfortunately it's ugly as sin
>>
>>33700761
it's not ugly, it's unique
>>
>>33701058
That's very cute and makes me want to hug a handgun and tell it everything will be alright but the gun is too long, the bore axis is way too high, it's got an anemic silhouette, and that thinned fore-end it and the PPQ have is about the most repulsive thing I can imagine on a handgun. It's probably the only polymer pistol I think is fair to call looking like a toy gun. The rifle cartridge, 20-round mag, striker, poly, no finger grooves are all very progressive and I doubt it's ambi but that wasn't a thing in the nineties. If they updated and remodeled it I would seriously consider a purchase. It won't get that until US gun laws get unfucked and the it becomes worth buying when civilians can purchase its hot ammo.
>>
>>33700740
>If you have the money and want it, shoot.
Pretty much this. I've tried it a few times and enjoyed it a lot. If i ever have ~$1200 burning a hole in my pocket i'll pick one up.

Ammo cost isn't horrid but it's not great, and handloading it is apparently a pain in the ass.
>>
Probably better than this fucking thing
>FNX5.7when?
>>
>>33696970
Commercial 5.7 is legit .22Mag. Just fucking awful.
>>
File: 1454099491610.jpg (96KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1454099491610.jpg
96KB, 640x638px
>>33696970
Is there any easily made wildcat cartridge that you could stuff into an appropriately modified (5.56mm bore barrel, stronger recoil spring, etc) 38 Super handgun to achieve similar ballistics?
>>
>>33696970
I'm not well versed on it, but isn't 5.7 only good with the AP ammo that civilians can't buy?
>>
>>33705953
you CAN buy it
>>
>>33705998
Did something change with that? I remember reading that it wasn't available back when the hype train was rolling out of the station.
>>
>>33705931
keep asking and the 22tcm guy will show up
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.