[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.45 ACP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1492211444852.jpg (110KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492211444852.jpg
110KB, 720x960px
I've heard that .45 ACP is a useless round. Is this true? I've been looking at the CZ 97B vs the CZ75 SP-01 and a friend of mine is telling me to KMS for considering a pistol that chambers .45 ACP.
>>
I feel like I'm posting in a meme thread where I don't know the meme, but just in case it isn't: Not a bad cartridge, just that a lot of people are finding that 9mm offers more advantages. .45 used to be believed to have better lethality but most testing supports 9mm being just as good, at higher magazine capacities.
>>
File: IMG_0336.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>33696817
>>
>>33696817
It still kills things dead. You just have alternatives with more capacity.
>>
>>33696817
It's not useless. It'll still kill stuff dead.

The problem is that it offers relatively light advantages in comparison to significant drawbacks. A heavy bullet means an awful ratio for felt recoil to actual power delivered. People think .45 is powerful because it kicks more than .40 or 9mm, but in reality it's only a hair more powerful than 9mm and absolutely trashed by .40.

That said, big bores are sexy and that was enough reason for me to buy the 97b myself. Also I live in a cuck state and I like the idea of having a pistol that's naturally 10 rounds, instead of being watered down.

Also none of this matters if you're getting it just to shoot and aren't planning to carry it, and unless you're an OC autist you're not carrying either of those, so the point is moot.
>>
>>33696817

There is no significant difference between 45, 9mm, .40, other than capacity and recoil characteristics. They preform the same on live targets with only nominal differences. Ballistics gel tests are bullshit, and temporary cavity is meaningless. Standard service caliber pistol cartridges do not have enough power for their temporary cavity to disrupt any tissue, so don't believe what you see when they shoot gel and go ""oohhh look at that wound cavity"" because it's pure bullshit.
>>
>>33697023
You're 100% correct, but you're wasting your time.
You can say this over and over till you're blue in the face, show them the real-life shooting statistics, coroner's reports, anything. You won't get anywhere.

All people want to hear is "OMG SUCH LEAD MUSHROOM SO TACTICAL MY EXPANDIN AMMUZ"

You'll never, ever get them off that nonsense.
>>
>>33697058

I can't believe I'm about to agree with a trip..... but yeah. Blue in the face. People are so brainwashed by years and years of poor science, fuddlore, and advertisements that they'll refuse to accept the facts.
>>
its worthless for anything besides a desk drawer or nightstand gun

shits pretty good when you dont have to lug it around everywhere and you could potentially have a little basket filled with ten mags and you can hold out in your bedroom
>>
10mm auto.

unless you're a stingy fudd.

that is all.
>>
>>33696817
>Is this true?
Yes. It's less powerful than .40 S&W and you get less capacity. And .45 is only 3% more powerful than 9mm to begin with. There's literally no reason to buy a new .45. If you want more power, use .40. If you're not an idiot, just get a 9mm like everyone else in the 21st Century.
>>
File: IMG_2505.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2505.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I like 1911s. Generally shoot between 1500 and 2000 rounds a month.

Super heavily invested in reloading 45.....have about 10k good cases, shitloads of bullets/powder/large pistol primers.

Because of this, I carry a 45, it's what I have, and what I'm proficient with.

Having said that, if I were to start down this road now, I would go 9mm. It's just as good as any other major handgun round, plentiful, cost effective, and less recoil. Although, the recoil issue isn't a big deal when using a steal framed handgun. Even a glock 30 shoots pretty soft.

The biggest drawback is capacity. Can't argue that more isn't better.
>>
FBI recently decided to go to 9mm after not liking it at all since the 80s. Main reason they went with 9mm is that there are now vastly improved defensive projectiles chambered in 9mm Parabellum as opposed to the early 90s, when the .40S&W was adopted.

Worth the read: http://concealednation.org/2014/10/fbi-decides-on-9mm-as-their-1-choice-and-have-tons-of-science-behind-their-decision/
>>
>>33696817
It's not useless, talk to anyone who regularly OC's or CC's a 1911 or other .45 ACP pistol.

Evidently because they carry .45 ACP they can get shot all day by 9mm and only bleed slightly at most, so there's a use.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.