[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mossberg MVP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Bad image quality.jpg (4KB, 402x125px) Image search: [Google]
Bad image quality.jpg
4KB, 402x125px
Does anyone own one here? Thinking about picking one up in .308 as a trail gun, with a low power (3-5x) optic on it. I've been reading up, and a lot of people are complaining about it, but those are mainly from when the gun came out, in the 2013-2015 time period... which makes me wonder why I still see them for sale.
>>
>>33696270
not OP but also curious.
>>
You are better off with Ruger's scout if you want something like an MVP, imo.

None of Mossberg's rifles are particularly impressive.
>>
>>33696479
Yeah, reading more and more that is the conclusion I am coming to. Even the forum devoted to the rifle has many threads high lighting serious, send-back problems.
>>
>>33696479
This. The mvps are trash.
>>
>>33696270
how about a savage hog hunter?
>>
>>33696270
I own one in .223, it's an alright gun I guess, nothing impressive about it and generally all around kind of meh.
>>
>>33696578
Also curious
>>
File: 20161008_133843.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161008_133843.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>33696270

I own one, with the laminate wood stock in .308.

Shot my first deer with it.

Not a bad rifle. Good mag options. I'd recommend trying to get one with iron sights.

Had a weird thing happen with mine though. The action came loose in the stock but the screw was as tight as it could go. Still wobbled. I figure the wood shrunk or warped. I was hunting a lot of wet weather. Solved the problem by shaving a few mm off the screw to tighten it up.

Works fine now, but not something you should have to do to 'fix' a brand new gun.

I like it okay. Mileage may vary. If I hadn't taken my first deer with it I probably would have sold it by now.

Pic related. Deer after meeting a 150gn Hornady SST loaded hot from said rifle.
>>
>>33696270
why not a lever gun as a trail rifle?
>>
>>33696984
Mine actually broke within a few months of having it, the whole bolt got stuck after firing a round, and according to the gunsmith the extractor exploded and fucked up a bunch of stuff in there.
>>
>>33696578
Savage also makes a Scout rifle, but it's more expensive than the Hog Hunter
>>
>>33697096
As a former Savage scout owner... Just buy the hog hunter. Unless you have no intent to scope it.
>>
>>33697115
don't the Hog Hunters have the forward mount holes already drilled and tapped anyway?

is there a way to retrofit a mag system to a Hog Hunter
>>
>>33696270

I got one (patrol) for the price point and size. pretty good but I haven't checked it's accuracy by the numbers. I just know it shoots straight. otherwise it's a solid gun and I really like the medium bull barrel. I haven't had any problems, except it won't take vintage a10 mags, NBD to me.

they've switched to the full synthetic stocks to lighten the load, which I like.

ruger guarantees 1MOA accuracy, but they don't take AR/M1A/A10 mags.

I've never heard of accuracy complaints from the MVP, only little QC things here and there.

6 of 1, yada yada.
>>
>>33696479
>None of Mossberg's rifles are particularly impressive.

Mossberg makes good shotguns, that's about it
>>
>>33697144
That's what I am saying; if you plan to use irons only then the scout is fine. But if you want to scope it you either have to use a eer scope or give up the rear peep. Better off with hog hunter irons
>>
Go with the savage hog hunter
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.