[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join the National Guard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

or join the reserves?
>>
>>33696067
I plan on joining the National Guard, it's state instead of federal.
>>
>>33696067
Why? Unless you plan to use them to get a leg up on your career (Talking actual professionalism here not the coolest wrench jockey in the pit) then it's just a glorified day care service.
>>
>>33696477
This generation needs a daycare service for a few years.

Get in shape, yell and be yelled at. Learn to make your bed and keep your room at or get screamed in the face.

These kids need it. It makes a man out of a boy
>>
>>33696464
I always thought the guard could be called by both state and federal governments.
>>
>>33696477
>Why?
I always wanted to serve but a family issue happened so active duty isn't an option. Also for the benefits they offer for college and job options.
>>
>>33696545
They can, but (prove me if I'm wrong) I believe it's designed as a last line of defense, for both foreign and DOMESTIC threats, and because of that, a General can say no to both the federal and state government and act on his own if shit ever hits the fan
>>
>>33696495
>These kids need it. It makes a man out of a boy
it really doesn't. this is the biggest, most retarded military meme around. if the military turns you into a man, why do so many returning veterans lapse into exactly the same path their life was on when they joined? homelessness, crime, drugs, etc.
>>
>>33696628
Ah, that makes a lot of sense.
>>
File: 1484589196340.jpg (119KB, 990x658px) Image search: [Google]
1484589196340.jpg
119KB, 990x658px
>>33696641
Lithuania (I believe) used to have mandatory military service.

That ended

When it was reinstated, out of nowhere you get a bunch of faggots crying that they have to serve, like literally streaming tears down their faces, something you didn't see before, something you don't see in countries that have always had mandatory service.

There is more evidence for this theory, and there are a lot of theories for why Veterans turn to a life of homelessness and drugs.

They lose that bond of platoon life, of always being around your tribe. Before I got a job, I was a loser who always hung around doing drugs and was on welfare. I had a lot of fun and was happy because I was always surrounded by friends and pretty girls. Look at black people, never have jobs, and they are always together, in groups hanging out. I never see a group of 4+ white males, indian males, hanging out on the train. It's always the unemployed

That's just my theory
>>
>>33696641
Because they're surrounded by numales that didn't serve. It works when everyone undergoes mandatory service so that there are expectations in place from society.
>>
>>33696067
If you want to LARP around the woods two weeks every year and get the gubment to pay for your college than sure.
>>
>>33697135
Does that not sound fun?
>>
>>33697222
Trips don't lie.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.