[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prep reccomendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: first aid.png (894KB, 749x625px) Image search: [Google]
first aid.png
894KB, 749x625px
I'm getting my 4k tax return in a week or so.

I'm looking to better my medical supplies, so which first aid kit from walmart would you recommend?

:^)

But seriously a couple of questions...

1:These Israeli bandages I see jerked off till it falls off, they are just a self securing elastic bandage with thick gauze and some quick clot? Or should I buy it because its blessed by the warlord of Israel?

2: Where do you guys get your thick gauze? My local medical supply has shitty gauze with sizable gaps. And I'm afraid to use the internet without recommendations.

3: What do you guys recommend for antiseptics? Peroxide only lasts so long and my tubes last shorter than that. I have Ethanol in a 1 gallon mason jar type thing. But something milder would always be useful.

4: My bugout vehicle is a Chevy Spark, its really easy to cover it with foliage and my standard hunting blind nearly fits around it. Any discount retailers for large sheets of multi season camo?

5: My shelf stable proteins currently are sardines that come in 8 flavors or so, and spam. Any other ideas? I'm thinking peanut butter but it expires so quickly I'm not sure its worth it.

Then to ghillie suits, I could make my own, but Id rather get something high end. Amazon obviously is the walmart of the internet so I want to avoid their Chinese garbage, beside the fact that I don't want to fund the people who will most likely cause me to use my bugout plan. Is Cabellas or bass pro the best way? I tried my local dicks, but the salesmen are without a clue.

Well, thanks for your time and your shitposts. If you choose to ignore the thread, have a blessed day.
>>
File: ff.jpg (174KB, 1680x935px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
174KB, 1680x935px
>prep
>>
>>33694895

I know this board is usually talking about guns, knives, and tanks.

That's all useless without the ability to stay alive.

Weapons are more than toys.
>>
>1:These Israeli bandages I see jerked off till it falls off, they are just a self securing elastic bandage with thick gauze and some quick clot?
They're just self-securing elastic bandages with gauze pads attached. They're a quick, easy, one-step thing, and you can tighten them to apply direct pressure to bleeding quickly. They don't have quikclot in them.
When I did EMS, I used to spend a few bucks out of my pocket to keep one on my belt for real heavy bleeders and GSWs. Get the ones with two pads so you can handle and entry and exit wound in one bandage.
Also they're blessed by Israeli Battle-Rabbis.

>2: Where do you guys get your thick gauze? My local medical supply has shitty gauze with sizable gaps. And I'm afraid to use the internet without recommendations.
Dynarex brand is fine. Try Amazon.

>3: What do you guys recommend for antiseptics? Peroxide only lasts so long and my tubes last shorter than that. I have Ethanol in a 1 gallon mason jar type thing. But something milder would always be useful.
Povidone-Iodine, assuming you're not allergic.

>4: My bugout vehicle is a Chevy Spark.
>Chevy Spark
Have fun dying

>5: My shelf stable proteins currently are sardines that come in 8 flavors or so, and spam. Any other ideas? I'm thinking peanut butter but it expires so quickly I'm not sure its worth it.
Lentils.
Also, it's fine to keep perishables like Peanut Butter around, as long as you rotate them. Buy new for storage, use old stored PB in the pantry.

If you want to make it simple, get something along the lines of:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010G2II6Y/
and add some quick-clot gauze, an israeli bandage or two, burn gel, anti-septic, and a couple of SAM Splints. Learn how to splint, how to tie triangular bandages into slings and tourniquets, and how to use an Israeli bandage. If you feel extra fancy, get a tourniqet - CAT is my preference, SOF-T is nice too. Make sure you don't get an Airshit-LARPing Chinese knockoff, they will break on you.
>>
>>33694890
>4 thousand tax return
>Walmart first aid kit
>1 gallon of ethanol in a mason jar
>Chevy spark

What the fucks going on in here...
>>
>>33694943
>I know this board is usually talking about guns, knives, and tanks.
>That's all useless without the ability to stay alive.

Then go take a class. I will bet you that you would oppose spending $500 for a 2-day pistol or medical class.
>>
>>33695021
>Falling for the pistol class meme
>>
File: peanuts.png (135KB, 181x295px) Image search: [Google]
peanuts.png
135KB, 181x295px
>>33694991
Is this ever ready bandage on amazon the same thing?
https://www.amazon.com/Ever-Ready-First-Aid-Compression/dp/B003DPVERM

The shipping from the israeli website makes up for the difference in price (2 USD).

And what do you think of quick clot like those embedded in gauze or just the granules?

The idea behind my chevy spark was:
Its light enough that I can move it with any jack on the planet or 2 able bodied men.

Super efficient gas usage.

And easily concealable, I can dig a 2 foot ditch thats 6 feet across, and that makes this car's profile 2 feet above ground. Assuming flat ground WCS, but if I have terrain to my liking...its very concealable.

>>33695002
I wouldve thought the walmart joke was understood easily. I apologize. Although I did buy one a couple years ago just for the locking clam shell. haha

>>33695021

I've owned guns for 6 years.

A 2 day pistol class where the instructor is still teaching teacupping would do me as much good as a ND to the face.

As far as medical training classes, I've been looking but all I have is some faux battlefield simulator you have to pay out the ass for (instructor travel, lodging, etc) which is beyond the scope of reasonable.
>>
File: 1491683939960.png (70KB, 2024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1491683939960.png
70KB, 2024x1432px
>>33695030
>>33695200
Because you definately know more than someone who has years of shooting and self defense experience right?

Good to know that you don't know what you don't know (refer to pic) and have more money than sense. Probably suck ass for someone who has owned guns for 6 years anyways. Hopefully nobody will have the misfortune of being seriously injured then you coming along to do some advanced shit like using a needle decompressor on them.
>>
>>33694890
Actually making your ghille will result in a better suit than most of what you can buy in a hunting store or anything like that. There a couple videos on youtube you can check out, but the bassics are, get burlap, a net, some coveralls, and paint. A real haphazard paint job on the coverall so they arent one flat color helps break up the outline. Then basically, glue the net on (shoeglue works nicley) and attach the burlap threads. You can strip them before or after attaching, youll do it one at a time if your are a true autist-tier operator. You just dye the burlap, either before or after putting it on with regular washing machine dye. Thats all you need to do to make a suit better than most of what you will find in a store, all it takes is time. The key is the netting, which will let you veg your suit out with whatever your laying in. This is essential to concealment, and something almost all store bought suits are missing. You can go on to pimp it out as much as you like, I recommend padding the front part to prevent it from tearing whike crawling. For your head just use a basic soft cap, same process. Any questions id be happy to awnser.
>>
>>33694890
3: What do you guys recommend for antiseptics? Peroxide only lasts so long and my tubes last shorter than that. I have Ethanol in a 1 gallon mason jar type thing. But something milder would always be useful.

Don't use peroxide as an antiseptic. It does more damage to your own tissues than it does to adventitious agents. Use 70% alcohol (either ethanol or isopropyl will work) or povidone-iodine. Typical trauma kits will have swabs with either of these.
>>
>>33694890
Use it to further your education. That way you can get a job that pays you enough to where you have to pay Uncle Sam.
>>
File: yellow_tuna_in_oil_0.png (164KB, 236x325px) Image search: [Google]
yellow_tuna_in_oil_0.png
164KB, 236x325px
>>33695220

Let me ask you what a firearm course is going to teach me? If you think its a good idea, what are the concrete lessons?

As far as the First aid course, I said already I'm looking for quality instruction, not just any instruction.

>>33695269
I have 3 yards of burlap, and I was looking into the different types of paint to use. I've read that mixing the shiny and matte paints work well to mimic sunlight on oily plants (I live near and around pine barrens, so I'm not sure how much of that will help me).

What I'm looking for in the ghillie is durability and a good blend. My girlfriend is pretty good at sewing, and crocheting. So I might get her to do some work there.

For my head I bought a dry leaf and xtra green cover from realtree. I saw one in Cabellas and it looked great. Maybe a boonie under it to change my giant noggin though...

>>33695279

Damages huh? I'll look into that. Thanks.

>>33695458

I give the government so much of my fucking money they shouldve sent a 7/10 virgin stripper to my house to suck my dick while she did my taxes on my stomach.
>>
File: 1482898496369.jpg (16KB, 297x325px) Image search: [Google]
1482898496369.jpg
16KB, 297x325px
>>33694890
>My bugout vehicle is a Chevy Spark
>>
>>33694890
>My shelf stable proteins currently are sardines that come in 8 flavors or so, and spam.
Pink motherfucking salmon
>>
>>33695663
Keep the shine down to small sections and it should be fine. Small undergrowth will reflect some light but not much else. Just experiment with it. Sewing pads to the underside will greatly inprove durability. Double stitch under the arms and the crotch, to fight blowouts.
>>
>>33695670

I feel like it goes back to the "Can you actually carry your gear" argument.

This car goes further on less. Only needs to carry 2 people and fits all my gear.

I plan on getting it lifted slightly to handle the fields and pine barrens, but seriously, there isnt that much rocky terrain or need to go offroading and climbing hills.

Plus it has 4g.
>>
>>33695220
>HEY DUDE IM GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT YOUTUBE VIDEOS DO AND THEN HAVE YOU SHOOT STATIONARY TARGETS SOME MORE

You're literally an idiot for blindly accepting things people you see as professionals say. That's a sure sign of an idiot. Someone who lacks critical thinking or individuality of thought and instead reverts to authority speak.

All the people who push expensive classes run expensive classes.
>>
>>33694890
>>
>>33698133
I didn't mean to post that.
>>
>>33695200
Yes, those are Israeli bandages.

For medical training, take a Certified First Responder class, and supplement it with your own study. Most cops and firefighters are CFRs. It has a bit of content on medical issues - allergic reactions, heart attacks, etc, and it's pretty good for learning how to control trauma. Bring a spare Israeli and SAM and politely ask the instructor to show you how to use them.
>>
>>33694890
>3: What do you guys recommend for antiseptics? Peroxide only lasts so long and my tubes last shorter than that. I have Ethanol in a 1 gallon mason jar type thing. But something milder would always be useful.
You could just dilute the ethanol if you want something milder.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.