[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I rescued a gun from a cruel owner at a gunshow, help me make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: SKS%20T6%20Lower%20Rail%20BK[1].jpg (18KB, 800x338px) Image search: [Google]
SKS%20T6%20Lower%20Rail%20BK[1].jpg
18KB, 800x338px
I rescued a gun from a cruel owner at a gunshow, help me make it happy again.

So, I got a Bubba'd-up SKS. Not this SKS. Not quite as bad as all that, but still tainted by the touch of Bubba. I've removed all of the assorted tacticool bits and gubbins (and made sure it works fine), but it's still got an aftermarket stock, and an edgy black one at that. Would you gentlemen mind lending me your expertise and posting some decent-looking SKS stocks so I can decide what to replace it with?

I don't mind the detachable magazines, so I'm keeping those. If I wasn't I'd just go with an original stock.
>>
I apologize to /k/, it is dishonorable to bump my own thread. I will still do so, because the SKS is a good rifle and all SKS deserve to be happy.
>>
It has matching numbers, /k/. It deserves love! Love and a new dress, picked out by smart people that have better taste than me!
>>
you have actual fucking autism
>>
File: 1450657439139.jpg (72KB, 800x893px) Image search: [Google]
1450657439139.jpg
72KB, 800x893px
>>
>>33693877
Check ebay. I got a replacement stock for mine that I also rescued from bubba. Paid around $20 for a BFPU Yugo stock. Was not able to get the crapco off the gas tube however, so I am stuck with that.

I for one hate the aftermarket mags and would like to put an original mag in but theyre so god damned expensive.
>>
>>33694064
this, i bought a replacement magazine after I bought one that only came with duckbill mags, I love her so much.
>>
>>33693957
>I apologize to /k/, it is dishonorable to bump my own thread.
You can't bump your own threads.
>>
Well, pics of this dumpaster fire would help in identifying what stock would fit.
Is it chinese, yugo or russian?
Is it a screwed in barrel or pressed and pinned barrel?
>>
>>33694031
post pics pls
>>
Laminate thumbhole stock, maybe?
>>
>>33693877
>Would you gentlemen mind lending me your expertise and posting some decent-looking SKS stocks so I can decide what to replace it with?
eBay my dude.

>I don't mind the detachable magazines, so I'm keeping those.
This is a mistake. Duckbills=shit
>>
>>33696295
It really depends yes detachible mags do make the gun less reliable. But i find that some sks will work better than others when it comes to this. Still op should find a standard box mag just incase.
>>
>>33694321

Black polymer stocks look fine, this thread is bait for screeching "muh original condition" autists.
>>
I'm in the same boat as you OP I bought an sks off armslist for $250 and it is bubbafied as fuck. Cheap ass plastic stock tapco mags cheap scope w/ mount. I'm having issues finding a stock as its a paratrooper sks and theres not a whole lot of info on what stock sets will actually fit the rifle well.
>>
>>33697802
Trust me you would rather have a tapco mag than a shit steel mag. IF the stock box mag is out of the question. The tapco tend to be more reliable even if they lack muh aesthetic and weigh a bit less
>>
Same problen, it's a Type 56, any suggestions on aesthetic?
>>
Don't ask /k/ for aesthetic advice, this board is full of mall ninja fags.
>>
If you're keeping the detachable magazines and not using an original stock it's still bubbashit.
>>
>>33694045
This.

The whole "everything I don't like is bubba'd" is shitting up this board.

The sks is a cheap pos, who cares what people do to it?

Btw the one is the picture is the best looking sks I've seen. The regular sks is fun but impractical and boring as fuck.
>>
>>33699224
>anally devastated owner of cheap tacticool-stocked SKS detected
There's absolutely nothing wrong about replacing an SKS's stock with an aftermarket one, especially on the chink SKSes since chu wood is pretty fragile.
The issue with tacticool stocks is pretty much all of them are made out of cheap garbage and often make the sks EVEN MORE front heavy and awkward then it already is, which is no small feat.
If there's a non-cheap garbage tacticool stock that actually handles well please tell me about it.
>>
>>33697993
The tapco mags for the sks are shit if they're loaded beyond 10 rds they bind up against the action
>>
>>33693877
I would go for restoring it's original look, modern stocks look fugly on the SKS.

Look for "Lucky Shot Wood SKS Stocks" on etsy/google.

Some of those stocks are abso-fucking-lutely beautiful. I'd go for Cherry or Walnut personally. Pic related.
>>
File: il_570xN.885828531_maet.jpg (27KB, 570x177px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.885828531_maet.jpg
27KB, 570x177px
>>33693877
>>33699791
Forgot to upload pic, system kept rejecting me as "spam" for trying to include a link to the stock in question.
>>
>>33693877
I think it's kind of weird, but if someone made a youtube channel or tv show or something (probably more likely the former than the latter) about purchasing dramatically aftermarket modded guns and 'restoring' them would be something I personally at least would watch.
>>
>>33697802
is that a paratrooper? good grab at $250
>>
>>33693877
This gun actually makes for a pretty sick DMR in PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS my man. 3 shot body kills and you can equip the sniper optics too :^)
>>
>>33700269
>tan lines complimenting cute butt
Anon pls
>>
>>33699791

Are they compatible with the detachable magazines?
>>
File: il_570xN.899366485_inim[1].jpg (26KB, 570x231px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.899366485_inim[1].jpg
26KB, 570x231px
>>33699791

Not OP, but thanks a ton, this is absolutely what I was looking for.
>>
>>33699791

OP here. You, sir, are my hero.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.