[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Trump bluff Kim?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: C9wI3dNWAAQgrHq.jpg-large.jpg (103KB, 700x1045px) Image search: [Google]
C9wI3dNWAAQgrHq.jpg-large.jpg
103KB, 700x1045px
Why did they say the CSG would be deployed to the Sea of Japan, thereby escalating the situation when the carrier wasn't even a position to be useful in a strike against NK.

What if the DPRK attacked the ROK? The fucking carrier group wasn't even there.

Was it incompetence? 5D Chess? What say you /k/
>>
That distance is roughly 5,000km btw
>>
>incompetence
You answered your own question.
>>
>>33693788
Kim can't afford to look weak, so he spouts the same inflammatory bullshit his father did, and his grandfather before him. Meanwhile, Trump is trying to posture himself as a tough guy, so he's actively spouting the same type of rhetoric. Neither party is acting on it, so the status quo remains the same. Nork's can't attack for fear of starting nuclear war, and even if they take a few cities in ROK or Japan out with nukes, North Korea will effectively cease to exist on planet Earth from the backlash. The US won't intervene until an actual attack because this will also start a giant war, and there's no guarantee where Russia and China will stand. North Korea is a lose-lose situation for everyone involved, so Trump will just keep waving his cock at Kim, and Kim will keep waving his back.
>>
>>33693846
But why would you say you're deploying a CSG and then not follow through on it?

Look a basic game theory. You gain nothing over actually deploying the fleet if they don't attack, and you lose big time if they do attack
>>
>>33693858
My guess is that there were fears it would escalate the situation. Look at how much joint exercises get Kim booty blasted. Put yourself in Kim's shoes, if an enemy foreign leader starts talking about how he's going to flex on you in your neighborhood, you'd feel compelled to do something to prove you're not a bitch. As a batshit crazy dictator with everything to lose, you can't afford to look weak. You've already been starving your people, executing your own family along with dissidents, intimidating people into compliance, and forming your cult of personality. You have everything to lose if Trump makes you his punk. It's the same reason Jim Jones made his people drink the Kool-Aid, his charade was over and his power was slipping. Only thing left to do at that point is burn it all down to protect your ego and your legacy.
>>
>>33693950
But it did the public declaration not already make him look like a punk? The whole world already knew the fleet was on its way. What difference does it make whether the fleet was actually there or not?

Do we even know if DRPK has the ability to track a CSG? How would the average Nork find out if the CSG was there or not? We did not even know until this info came out
>>
>>33693977
Fuck man I've been drinking, let's just chalk it up to incompetence.
>>
>>33693858
>But why would you say you're deploying a CSG and then not follow through on it?
But they are. The problem is that you think that it's instantaneous. They've been meandering over that way for a while, scheduled to arrive on the 24th, if memory serves.
>>
>>33693846
>>33693950
>>33693977
>>33694073
>Fuck man I've been drinking, let's just chalk it up to incompetence.
Yeah no. You're missing a few key details. First of all the white house ordered those carriers over there. Publicly Trump said that they're heading over there. The media misreported this in order to stir up hysteria as usual. As for the Chinese, there is no way in hell they're coming in for the Norks on this one. They're more likely to sit back and gun down refugees if they don't flat out descend on the northern half of NK before the Americans get there. Kim's days are numbered and by the looks of it, it's for real this time.
>>
>>33693858
They don't wanna escalate things too high and risk colateral damages, the whole thing was just propaganda on both sides
>>
>>33694206
This,

China do not want to do with any shits regarding the Norks dick waving and rather just spend all their time sucking up as much oil as they can on those islands west of the Philippines, the days of the coldwar are long gone and money making is all that matters to them they're just waiting for America to waste them good and be done with it
>>
>>33693788
He wanted to look like a big guy but wasn't hotheaded enough to bring his friends.
>>
>>33693788
He's playing the same game Bush did by using military aggression to avoid uncomfortable questions. At least we're not mired in a decade long pointless war this time. That's a win, I guess.
>>
>>33694208
>They don't wanna escalate things
There are reports that we are sending more carrier fleets by the end of the month. I wouldn't be too sure about everything remaining normal. It's happening!
>>
>>33694763
Again, just like its said, its just propaganda, both sides waving how long their dicks are at each other while the world just wont give any fucks at all, this is all just news media exploiting this political tension while its hot to get more views on their site for more buck
>>
South Korea is like double their population and way more of their GDP
>>
>>33694842
South Korea is a technological superpower, we like to forget that.

Should Korea unite, it would be even stronger, and nobody - China, Japan, USA, Urop - nobody want's that.
Samsung & others are already fucking us in our asses.
>>
>>33694857
>South Korea
>Reuniting
I doubt it. The Worst Koreans have shown time and time again that they're not interested in dealing with the impending economic and cultural crisis thanks to the north's regime. And I'm sure China doesn't want a US proxy state expand next to their borders. If anything, the Chinese would take advantage of the situation and form a regime change based on their models which can maintain their keeping of a buffer state.
>>
>>33693788
5D chess of course
>>
>carrier scheduled to arrive in late April
>media dances around this to hide their clickbait sensationalism
>liberals, absent of a desire for fact never apply critical thinking to said clickbait
>>
You faggots are reading too much in to this.
He's just bluffing for the sake of bluffing. He doesn't want to deal with having to fight a war, he doesn't wanna be a politician period. He just wants to sit in the whitehouse, jerk off on the Oval Office desk, and spend the time he doesn't spend jerking off at his resort.
>>
>>33693858
>But why would you say you're deploying a CSG and then not follow through on it?

They are deploying the carrier group. There are *three* carriers on their way there right now.

Real life isn't a videogame where things just magically teleport to where you want them. It actually takes time to put all the shit you need on three giant boats and then drive them across the ocean.
>>
>>33695557
Truly the most brilliant tactical mind in history. Trump is going to win us the entire globe at this rate. If the libs dont fuck it up for us.
>>
File: 4405673-1419641297037.jpg (32KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
4405673-1419641297037.jpg
32KB, 600x375px
>>33695598
Right here. It's funny to me that it begets more clickbait. Truly, they've become more efficient at it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.