[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's are the best resources to learn about combat medicine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

What's are the best resources to learn about combat medicine and treating gunshot wounds?
>inb4 go to college
>>
YouTube EMT/ trauma ER training videos
>>
>>33693364

There's manuals for shit like this from the US military floating around online, might want to start there.
>>
>>33693364
There used to be a tripfag on /k/ who made threads about this, as well as the best random image dumps.
>MFW that was like 6-7 years ago
>>
books
>>
>>33693364
>inb4 go to college
Join the army
>>
Best bet is to attend some basic first aid classes then a class from somewhere like Dark Angel Medical.

http://darkangelmedical.com/
>>
>>33693364
lerk around the infograph threads
>>
>>33693364
Join the military as a combat medic
>>
Live tissue training on a pig.
Did this in Muhreen crops.
Best training I got while I was in.
>>
>>33693809
Second for dark angel.

For shtf, medicine seroiusly consider taking a course from patriot nurse.
>>
>>33693364
Take the first aid skill the next time you level up.
>>
Unrelated but how well do average infantry get taught in treating combat wounds?
>>
>>33693364
go inna army as a 68w
>>33694716
>implying CLS can do shit
>>
>>33694716
CLS. Combat Lifesaver Course. It's like Corpsman training wrapped up into a 3 day course taught by corpsman who don't give a shit.

That's for Marine Infantry. That other Marine who said he did stuff with a pig, I don't know wtf he's talking about.
>>
>>33694716
It's really not hard. You just stuff the wound with gauze soaked in quick clot if it went into muscle, and treat for tension pneumothorax if it popped a lung. Anything else you're not really going to be able to do much about besides splint and drag their asses out.
>>
>>33694038
>Buddy told me about this
>They shoot his pig in the head
>Pig dies, naturally
>Get yelled at to save it
>Set a bandage on it and look at instructors
>>
>>33694907
wrong, that's only junctional wounds. any other wound such as extremities you would apply a tourniquet, and then an ETB.
>>
>>33693364
US Library of Congress
>>
>>33694708
Fucking genius
>>
>>33693364
practicing medicine without a license is an easy way to get arrested and sued
>>
Great book.
>>
>>33695372
Bullshit. Maybe if you're performing back alley surgery. Ever heard of CPR?

You'll never get in trouble attempting to help someone.
>>
>>33695252
You don't tourniquet a wound if they're not bleeding out you fuck knuckle
>>
>>33695390
only in states with good samaritan laws, dumb ass.
but hey thanks for playing
>>
>>33696138
Most every state has them
>>
>>33696151
well you better check beforehand because they dont all shield you from civil liability

you should do a little more research before posting.
>>
>>33696171
That guy who replied wasn't me. and your cockiness is impressing no one.
>>
>>33695244
They don't shoot them in the head. They drug the animals and then either amputate a limb or crush some bones with a bat and tell you to save it.
>>
>>33693364
Go to a military academy.
>>33693431
Do you think /k/'s golden age is over, probably since around the hood days?

/b/'s happened in 2007, but I would say /pol/ just had theirs last year. Has k had a golden age?
>>
>>33696138
You're fucking stupid. That's like saying somebody made Will Smith be black.
>>
>>33693364
joining the army
>>
>>33696078
bitch if you're doing a trauma assesment as a line medic or cls you do a high and tight before you expose or get back to cover
>>
Gunshot wounds are easy. Apply pressure, bandage.
T. Paramedic
>>
>>33697738
*if you see blood
>>
>>33694716

Gunshot to extremity? Apply tourniquet, stuff with gauze

Gunshot through chest? Chest seal.

Can't breath? NPA/Needle Decompression

We are also taught to give IVs in my unit, but I don't know if that is universal.
>>
>>33693809
>>33694470
Third for Dark Angel Medical, Kerry Davis is an awesome instructor.
>>
>>33697741
ever done a chest tube senpai?
>>
nursing school/ 4 years experience in the ER
>>
enlist in the Army under the 68W MOS or go to your local Fire station and ask to volunteer as an EMT, although for civilian EMTs its a really long and demanding course that'll suck up all your freetime for months. If you really want to do it just enlist for 2-3 years as a Combat Medic
>>
>>33698560
Only ever treated a gunshot wound in the leg. Shooting isnt common where im from. Done needle decompresion once (blunt trauma) 75 percent calls are muh bloodpressure or alcoholic hobos
>>
>>33698560
Chest tubes are not done by paramedics where im from (eastern yurop) sorry for double posting on phone
>>
>>33697621
When IVAN used to post, when Willis was making comics, when the Stalker memes were shiny and fresh, when we all still believed soccermom threads, and were spooped by innawoods threads but the Skinwalker story had not quite been codified into a ritual yet, before there was a sticky outlawing one of the top-three most popular topics on /k/, there was a cultural golden age. It probably started in the aughts and ran slightly past Sandy Hook, which was both our biggest circling of the wagons and our biggest influx of trolls at the same time.

I'm still here posting, we're far from dead, and another golden age will rise in the future. So long as there are still nerds who get out in the woods and fire off guns more than /a/, but don't take themselves as tryhard seriously as arfcom, the board will live.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.