[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDC and Facebook murderer situation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1571.jpg (159KB, 743x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1571.jpg
159KB, 743x658px
Do you believe you could have effectively neutralized and/or escaped the Facebook murderer threat with you EDC?

Facts:
>Easter Sunday
>You are returning from a market/store to your home
>You are carrying your EDC
>A 6'1 244lb (110kg) black male approaches you talking nonsense
>He pulls out a glock chambered in .45

Discuss
>>
>>33690637
sure
>>
File: IMG_1543.jpg (18KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1543.jpg
18KB, 500x347px
>>33690653
EDC, training, your opinion?
>>
>>33690637
I'm not sure how much of a viable tactic this is-
But when youre against a guy with a definite intent to murder you and he already has his gun out
You're pretty much fucked

Although with the odds stacked against you, I think the best approach would be to dive under the gun and tackle him

Or you could pull some sort of matrix move and draw while diving to the side and then shoot him when you hit the ground
>>
>>33690725

I also agree that you are at a huge disadvantage with the distance that close.
>>
It depends on who can draw faster. I'm sure ide win but with him being decent size he may get a shot off on me.
Raised in shitty Columbus Ohio. Soon if some random Jamal wonders up to you they are either going to bum money or fuck with you. This also applies to crackheads of all colors.
>>
>>33690802
>I'm sure ide win
you must be at least 18 to use 4chan
>>
>>33690853
Explain?
>>
>>33690637
If you had seen the video you would know that the old man had plenty of time to draw and shoot, if he had a weapon to defend himself.

The shooter didn't walk up and shoot immediately, he took his time, and intentionally chose an unarmed target.
>>
>>33690637
>Easter Sunday
Implying would move my ass out on Sunday, Easter one at that!
Sounds reasonable.
>A 6'1 244lb (110kg) black male approaches you talking nonsense
I wonder what a drunk/drugged up nigger is even doing in my country.
All I can think of is rushing him while screaming bloody murder for other people to notice.
I rip out my multi-tool, grip it and without even opening it(no time) start hammering his head. It has some edges even then folded, would surely cut open his scalp, maybe fractured the scull. Better than bare hands anyway. While/if hes distracted by sudden attack and pain,l would try pressing my advantage by flooring him and kicking his shit in the best I could. Disarming him would go somewhere along the way I guess, trying to strike or kick the gun out of his hand while hes down/distracted.
I would probably die tho.
>>
Realistically, running away is the best option

> most people can't aim for shit
> most gsws that don't hit the CNS won't incapacitate you (distance is your friend)
> he already has his gun out and knows what's going down, so he'll be able to fire first if you attempt to draw
> guy is huge so it's unlikely you'll be able to kill him instantly (meaning you'll get shot a few times even if you eventually take him down)

I carry a .32 so if I ever am confronted by someone at close range with a drawn gun, I would almost certainly get hit a few times if I were to attempt to draw and fire first.
>>
>>33691933
>Bad: try to draw in front of him, get shot
>Better: run, maybe get shot
>Best: run behind something, maybe get shot, return fire
>>
>>33691415

> plenty of time to draw and shoot

Yeah, but he had no idea what was going to happen. You don't draw your gun on every weird person who you encounter, right?

By the time it was obvious that the facebook guy was going to kill the old man, he had already drawn his gun
>>
>>33691966

> return fire
> he gets to shoot at your back for a few seconds and will know exactly what you're hiding behind once you stop
> 9mm will bust through a car door
> meanwhile, you will have to turn ar

The guy is like 300 lbs, he's not going to be able to chase you. Also, the shooting happened next to a vacant lot on an empty street - there was no cover accessible

Run fu is the best way out of this situation. You don't want to get into a protracted firefight with someone who has the advantage.
>>
>>33692042

* turn around, locate him and then return fire (all the while he's still shooting at your permeable cover)
>>
he held his glock with one hand. Grab the slide, jerk it back, twist to the outside. Break that faggot's finger. Then run or gun him down with his own weapon.
>>
>>33692099

> attempt to grab someone's gun
> get shot repeatedly in the hand and chest, just like what happens to literally everyone else who has tried to grab someone's gun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown
>>
>>33690725
MOZAMBIQUE THAT BITCH!!!!
>>
But why did that nigger homosexual choose a harmless old dude to shoot? What a fucking pussy.
>>
The situation absolutely terrifies me. There was no cover, nowhere to run without presenting a big target, at such close range... It was a nightmare scenario, honestly. Any single option has an extremely high chance of you getting hit.

This is going to sound like a copout, but frankly the best defense for a situation like this is to not let yourself get into a situation or location where you don't have good survival options--or remaining extra vigilant if you are forced into such a location. Even then, there are no guarantees.

I think it's really easy to slip into the feeling of comfort with your surroundings and dropping your guard. That can prove to be fatal.
>>
>>33691933
Why would you carry .32 in the first place?
>>
>>33690637
I cut the bacon off his back.
>>
>>33690637
My hand would already be hovering over my gun if someone randomly approached me speaking gibberish. The instant I see his hands go a gun I'd draw, duck, and hope I'm faster. Considering I'm an autist who does drills for fun, I bet I'd take him with me in an absolute worst case scenario.
>>
>>33692197

> easiest firearm to conceal
> it's statistically impossible that you'll ever need more than three shots during a violent altercation
> it's statistically impossible that you'll ever exchange gunfire with someone more than 10 feet away from you (and even if you do, you're probably better off running away)
> recoil mindbogglingly light, so easy to make rapid & accurate followup shots
> JMB blessed the caliber

9mm is the largest caliber anyone should carry for their EDC. Carrying extra mags if you're not a LEO or living in Detroit/Beruit is objectively retarded.
>>
>>33690957
>ide
I'd
5th grade grammar
>>
>>33691981
you can see in the video when the old guy sees the gun, it was drawn as the attacker got out of his car. In this particular case, any armed person that isn't suffering from MS would be able to draw in time.
>>
>>33692291
I'll take my .380 usually the same size and more potent a round, also depending on the situation and where I'll be a single stack 9mm or a full size 10mm isn't out of the question
>>
At a range that close, don't you think it would be possible to grab as much of the gun as you could, just enough to point the muzzle in a safe(r) direction so if he gets a shot off it can't cycle another round, giving you the time to draw and fire? It sounds kind of action movieish but entirely possible. I would already be on alert given his appearance and behavior so I don't think I'd be completely caught off guard by the pistol. Any way I imagine it, given his size, I'd say I die 7/10 times realistically. That is unless it's possible for a surge of adrenaline to allow you to draw and fire accurately after being shot in a non vital area. Then I'd give it a 5/10
>>
>>33692443

Tbh I think that .380 is too snappy to maintain accuracy during rapid fire point shooting, especially at the ultra-short barrel lengths usually found in pocket pistols. I used to carry an AMT Backup and the extra size/reduced accuracy just wasn't worth it for only a marginal increase in penetration.
>>
>>33692480
manlet confirmed
>>
File: FB Killer nsfl.webm (2MB, 178x320px) Image search: [Google]
FB Killer nsfl.webm
2MB, 178x320px
Nah I'd probably be dead as a doorknob
>>
interrupt him by saying "What? What? What?" until he gets frustrated and leaves
>>
>>33692099
Dubs of truth.

Best thing would be to grab the gun and hold it away from you while drawing your own weapon. This is what I would've done.

Would it work as intended? Probably not but its worth a shot. Pretty much fucked at that point anyway.
>>
No, I believe that I could have effectively neutralized the Facebook murderer threat because I don't walk around in shitty, nigger-infested ghettos.
>>
>>33690637
Sure. Last time somebody accosted me in a parking lot I had my PPK in hand without even thinking. Luckily they had simply mistaken me for someone they knew, and didn't notice me pull a gun out of my pocket.
>>
>>33692717
Fellow ppk carrier here bless based german engineering is yours true Walther brand Walther or a S&W/interarms version
>>
>>33692473
Definitely possible. Even if you don't get a proper grip, getting shot in the palm is better than getting shot in the face.

You just have to be in the right mindset. Sounds mall ninja-y, but think of the Jeff Cooper color code.

A big black guy stopping his car in front of you and walking up should have you amped and ready to go
>>
>>33690637

He allowed the old guy to hold that plastic bag up, only a few inches away from the gun too. If fast enough, you could of Tom cruise that shit, push it into a safe direction, all the while drawing and shooting.

Yeah, he has a good chance of shooting you while that happens, he wants to kill you, he did get the drop in you. Don't really got many options.
>>
>>33692757
S&W, circa 2008. People hate on the new ones but mine is exquisite.
>>
>>33692291

How is it retarded? If you're gonna have a malfunction, most times it's the magazine itself. Like do you even shoot guns? I ask cause you sound like a no guns fag.
>>
>>33692881

> If you're gonna have a malfunction, most times it's the magazine itself

Only if you're using a jiminez arms paperweight or a riced-up 1911 race gun.

Either way, shootouts occur so quickly that if you have a malfunction, you shouldn't bother to reload. You should either attempt to pistol whip (if you're close enough), or sprint away.
>>
>>33692144
>doing a mozambique drill
>ever
Have fun getting shot while you take aim.
>>
>>33692785
By simply reacting you would at least throw off his aim, force him to line up a worse shot, or even hold his fire and retreat. His game plan involved a compliant victim, and gramps didn't do anything to disrupt the play.
>>
>>33692909
>not practicing tap-rack-bang
>>
>>33692881
Not him, but if you're carrying unproven mags you are retarded. If you have your shit together any malfunctions will be ammo related, anything else is preventable.
>>
>>33692525
>That long ass delay between drawing and actually firing.
I think I'd be okay.
>>
>>33690637

As soon as guns come out, shit's real. I don't care if I'm in a disadvantageous position, I'm drawing down.
>>
>>33690637
It depends on a lot of factors. Generally speaking, I am prepared to draw the second I see a stranger approaching me in a certain sort of way. If someone is stopping their car and moves to cross a street at me like they're on some kinda fucking intercept course, you better believe I'm going to draw and brandish at them (call the cops, I don't give a fuck) at a minimum on the assumption that they're there to fuck with me.

On the other hand, if someone's just passing me by on the street and decides to grease me as they pass, I'm not sure there's a lot I could do except hope there's enough blood pressure left for me to take them with me.

The best course of action is and will remain to not relax around blacks, unfortunately.
>>
>>33693261
This desu.
>>
>>33690725

Theres a couple of things you could do.

For starters...

>situational awareness

You should have kept your eye on the only other human being in that desolate street. The nigger crossed the street with his gun either down to the side, not even aiming it yet, or in his waistband. This would have given you plenty of time to draw and hope to outshoot the coon at a distance where accuracy is more important. (This is why you practice)

>not distracting

You could have thrown your items in your hand at his face and drawn your CCW. Buying you precious milliseconds.

>not moving when drawing and shooting

A stationary operator is a dead operator. Having stood still is exactly what allowed the nigger to get an instant incapacitating headshot.

All this is easier said than done. So remember to train and remember to always be alert.

And this goes without being said... but to the uninitiated, around blacks, never relax.
>>
>>33691933

Him being big doesn't make his CNS any smaller idiot. This is why you carry a round that penetrates well.
>>
>>33690637
>turn around corner
>shots fired
>30 yards ahead man falls on the ground
>A 6'1 244lb (110kg) black male stands over victim's body with gun the one hand and phone in the other
>he turns and sees you
>...?
>>
>>33692967

Not him but he's right.

>shoot outs occur so quickly

Meaning that while tap racking and MAYBE banging, youll be killed.

Running. Taking cover. And then TRB is the best course of action
>>
>>33693387

Take cover and look. If he comes at me thinking I'm disarmed... shoot from behind cover at the nig
>>
>>33693261

Like three people have said that "around blacks never relax" like do you racists think this is true?
>>
>>33690957
Baby no understand? Bo bo go go?
Baby go back to playing Duplo.
>>
>>33690637

yes

>A 6'1 244lb (110kg) black male approaches you

red flag

>talking nonsense

in ready position to pull in 1 second or less

id you havnt got your edc already out before he does you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>33693436
>He hasn't been culturally enriched by melanated descendents of African kings.
>>
>>33693436
It's a statistical probability
>>
>>33690637
Is the 244lbs fat, or is it muscle?
>>
>>33692291
>Statistically Impossible
>Impossible
Son, I don't think you understand statistics
>>
File: IMG_1572.jpg (37KB, 448x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1572.jpg
37KB, 448x299px
>>33693387
Open fire
>>
>>33692197
.32acp was the most widely carried police caliber in the world for nearly 60 years. It's perfectly adequate for putting a person down in close quarters.
>>
>>33695345
It's no 9mm.

It's definitely not .45
>>
>>33693436
Look I know it's uncomfortable but you are more than twice as likely to be murdered by a black man aged 25 or under than any other group of people in the US. It's not racist, it's statistics. I know that 99% of people are harmless regardless of what color they are, but that unfortunately doesn't change the fact that black neighborhoods are inherently more dangerous.
>>
>>33692099
Oh mah gawd thats Jason Borne.
>>
File: 1490921959132.png (87KB, 476x446px) Image search: [Google]
1490921959132.png
87KB, 476x446px
>>33690637
I never relax around blacks, I would have just gotten the fuck out of there.
>>
>>33690637
>have snakarov
>9 rounds
>he has plenty of ballistic fat protection
rip me unless I put one in the brain pan
>>
>>33695411
No, but it's on par with .380, and millions of people trust that. No one is trying to say that 32acp is better than 9mm or 45acp, merely that it's 'good enough'.
>>
>>33690957

fuck off and go back to ledit you underage faggot
>>
Where is the vdeo you huge faggots?

70 replies and nobody posted the video
wtf?
>>
>>33695504
Don't you need to go talk at a Austins Speaks event?
>>
>>33691846
>I would probably die though
About the only thing you wrote that would actually happen, edgelord
>>
>>33695516

>request video
>hurr autism

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>33692291
By that logic, it's statistically unlikely to ever even be in a shootout, so why carry a gun at all?

I carry for the worst quality case scenario, not what is "statistically likely."
>>
>>33695504
>>33695547
See
>>33692525
Maybe if you weren't a dumbass
>>
>>33693194
>>33690802
>already has gun out and pointed at your head
>you throw your hands or make a sudden movement and are instantly shot

Why the fuck do people think they've got some ability to stop time for them to draw??
>>
>>33695682

You've got time to create distance if someone you don't know approaches you.
>>
File: 1469551626814.png (444KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1469551626814.png
444KB, 540x429px
>>33690637
>>A 6'1 244lb (110kg) black male approaches you talking nonsense

>nogun's opinion
The moment a complete stranger come up to you from nowhere, doesn't do any introduction and ask you to say a specific word instead, you should get ready to draw.

Rather be safe than sorry.
>>
>>33690637

i would think so because the shooter did not expect the old man to be armed & kept babbling

so the line from GB&U - if you're gonna shoot shoot don't talk

so if the old man was a lefty or turned to hide his right side, was a quick draw & good shoot likely he could have at least gotten 1 hit in maybe more
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.