[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Appendix Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: Sig226_Multicam_Arid_Sidecar_2.jpg (226KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sig226_Multicam_Arid_Sidecar_2.jpg
226KB, 1000x1000px
What's your guys opinion on the Sidecar by T.REX Arms or just appendix carry in general? I'm thinking about getting one for my M&P full size but nervous about a striker fired handgun pointing into my junk. I was planning on getting a S&W 3913 or 908 for appendix carry but I don't want to spend any more money on a new handgun if I don't have too.
>>
Appendix is the hot new meme.

I don't like it. Cannot use your hand as a distraction or distance creator while concealing a draw and it makes me feel less safe.
>>
>>33690213
>>
>>33690213
I've carried a Walther PP above my pp for about two years now. You get over it after the first week.
>>
>>33690581
>the yankee marshall
Shoo shoo fat Jew!
Srs tho, his opinions are shit, appendix is perfectly fine if you are not a closet case bear like him.
>>
File: EDC Mar 2017.jpg (1MB, 2000x1704px) Image search: [Google]
EDC Mar 2017.jpg
1MB, 2000x1704px
AIWBMC master race
>>
>>33690213
Good, however, in my opinion it works much better with a pistol with a shorter barrel. For my body shape everything just kinda digs right into your pelvis. For my LC9s its perfect, for my CZ it was horrid.
>>
File: EDC Current Year.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
EDC Current Year.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>33690650
How it sits and fits
>inb4 no gap between grip and belt
working on a raven guard holster but not too worried about it, I mean, cmon, before this I pocket carried a pocket gun.
>>
>>33690665
works well with my shield 9. The spare mag is nice but im not sure it makes it any easier to conceal. The claw bit helps keep it close and it keeps a reasonably even load on the belt.

And it comes in pink.
>>
>>33690213
Strikers are perfectly safe carried aiwb. It's the reholstering that's a bit hairy. I'd go for a hammer fired or safety gun.
>>
I've been carrying AIWB for about a year and a half now because no matter how I try, everywhere from 2-6 o clock, I can clearly see my m&p shield poking through my shirt. Am I retarded?
>>
>>33690213
appendix carry is ok, but if you're not ready for it don't push it.

don't bother with the S&W 3913, it's a pain in the ass to get new parts when you break springs.

Also don't like the T.REX arms holster, how the fuck do you use a urinal with that shit on? much better to have separate holster and magpouch
>>
>>33690213
How the fuck do you fit a full size m&p in your pants, let alone in shitty ass appendix carry.
I dont even like open carrying my m&p 40
>>
>>33693109
not him but it's not that hard if you're not a twink and if you're willing to just get used to it

I can conceal a glock 17 appendix in t-shirt and jeans. I weigh 190lbs at 5'11".
>>
File: 14925772742681831813934.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14925772742681831813934.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33692993
You might be. I like my alien gear 4:30-5oclock. But im biased because i live 15mins from the factory. Idk abiut a shield but my new pps m2 doesnt print in a tight tshirt
>pic related, holsterred walther
>>
>>33693137
Im 6'2" @210, even when ironically putting a gun in my pants it digs into my spare tire (desk job gained me 4inches and 40lbs, trying to work it off, already down 10) i do like my iwb alien gear for right ass carry, even comfortable to drive in, albiet probably a pain in the tookus to draw if i had to while in my car. Pic in other post
>>
File: 1478796818934.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478796818934.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>ITT: retards who don't understand appendix carry try to make assumptions on it

Sidecar holsters suck balls, Darkstar, JM Custom and Keeper's makes way better holsters than manlet arms and g code.
>>
>>33693152

That was the first holster I bought yrs ago. I wore it for about 10 to 12 hours a day, it was comfy AT. After about two yrs, finally switched to a bravo concealment, now a stealthgear. Even today, I still would recommend it.
>>
>>33690213
Filling your hand without the perp noticing is a huge advantage, and impossible with appendix carry. I would rather carry SOB, which also sucks.

Another disadvantage is that your genitals and your femoral arteries are downrange...You would never holster you gun while pointed at you head, your thigh is just as fatal.
>>
>>33693277
>the perp wouldn't see you reaching behind you and shoot you in the face
This stupid
>>
>>33693312
If he can't see you hand he doesn't know what you're doing with it. Maybe he shoots you, maybe he doesn't notice. But if your drawing from 12 o'clock he shoots you for sure. Ya dingus.
>>
Pros

>Its fast
Draw stroke works the same with your back pressed to a wall or lying flat on your back. Sitting, standing, close proximity to others. Limiting position really only involves being pinned to the ground on a shoulder. Even then, it is more the elbow that needs to move and you can still get your gun out with a resonable degree of effectiveness.

>It conceals anything
For reference, 5'6" 175lb and a Glock 17 w/TLR1 is fine in RCS holster. It is one thing to spot someone carrying at 5oclock from behind, or seeing 3oclock printing. But staring at someones crotch from the front where zippers, belt buckles, buttons, jackets, button down shirts, hands in pockets obscuring outlines even further etc. appendix carry is hard to beat. Risk of a shirt getting caught up over a gun is minimal, as it is pretty obvious in front of your fucking face that a gun is sticking out, as opposed to say 3-9oclock. From a side profile, a gun is more or less impossible to detect.

Cons

>Discomfort
My LCP I may as well not even know I have it in any contortion my body is capable of. My 17 can dig in a deep squat. I don't mind sitting in the context of a chair (driving included) but bending (kneeling is ok) is something I prefer to avoid.

Fat people to the point of having "a gut" should probably avoid it.

>Quickly reveals the gun
Gun is quick to access. However, unlike pocket carry, or 3-9oclock positions as soon as the shirt is pulled up it is very apparent you have a gun, whereas the other positions allow for one to position their body in such a manner as to more readily hide what is coming next.

>Car accident
Put your seatbelt behind the gun (pull up your shirt, put seatbelt between your abdomen and the gun, don't put it all over the gun and your clothing) when you are driving unless you want something hard and metallic pressed against a very fragile pelvis in a very rapid fashion and you spend the next 6 months learning how to walk again.
>>
>>33693471
Neutral Aspect

>Negligent discharge

Protip, and ND in any holster in any position has the potential to kill your or someone else.
Considering a potential for striking a femoral artery in just about any belt line position, I will take the one where I can see everything that is going on when I reholster. The whole dick being blown off thing is a small concern of mine, as such I carry with my muzzle off to the side right around the edge of my hip joint and next to my dick.
>>
>>33693347
Or dont't draw if someone got the drop on you?
>>
>>33693504
Give it a think, Socrates.
>>
>>33693518
Seriously? You'd draw on someone who got the drop on you? Aiwb is a much faster draw anyway if you want to pretend you're a cowboy. Rl =/= wild west movie.
>>
File: ToddG HK45 Legend.webm (783KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
ToddG HK45 Legend.webm
783KB, 600x337px
lucas might be a manlet with a punch-able face but chances stand he'd rek the fuck outta all of you if it came down to slinging lead.
>>
>>33690213
I want to like it, I really tried but-
>really uncomfortable to sit
>you have to be full skelly with juicy tits in order not to print, especially if you're using an actual gun belt

and for me specifically
>my walking stride will eventually cause the gun to walk out about an inch
>I have to adjust tension so tight to fix ^ that I have a hard time drawing (comfortably) and reholstering is next to impossible
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.