[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smith and Wesson M&P

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: smith-wesson-mp40-vtac.jpg (156KB, 425x329px) Image search: [Google]
smith-wesson-mp40-vtac.jpg
156KB, 425x329px
ITT we discuss the Smith and Wesson M&P pistol
Do you own one?
Do you like it?
What don't you like about it?
lgs has pic related (no light laser) for 700.00 otd
Thoughts /k/?
>>
>>33686573
>Do you own one?
yes
>Do you like it?
meh, just ok. i bought it to be contrarian i guess. i should have just got the glock 19
>What don't you like about it?
trigger is woeful. ive replaced it with a full apex kit, much better now. its actually pretty similar to a glock trigger, just crisper. the slide also doesnt lock back reliably with under powered ammo like wolf.
not to mention the whole mac torture test, which i know doesnt mean shit to a lot of people, but overall with its less than stellar rep and performance, its kind of embarrassing. i bought it to be my "go to" pistol, which it no longer is.
plus the 2.0 is out now, supposedly better , i dont know.
>>
I used to carry a Shield and own a fullsize M&P9 that I really only bought because it was cheap.

What I like
>pretty ergonomic despite the fact that people put way too much care on how a gun ""feels"" in their hand
>both the Shield and fullsize are soft shooting for their size
>relatively easy to detail strip like most striker guns
>while not owning any thumb safety variants, the M&P line is one of the few striker guns that actually has a well designed thumb safety I wouldn't mind using

What I don't like
>sights are practically glued on and are a bitch to switch out
>plunger can only be accessed by removing the rear sight
>they don't make a 15+1 9mm M&P that is the exact size of the Glock 19
>some of the non Shield M&P's have had severe accuracy issues

I don't use M&P's at all now but if I had to cherry pick one to actually carry
>M&P9C
>Ameriglo TCAP front/ black rear
>thumb safety since I carry AIWB
>full ATEi trigger work

Apparently the ATEi trigger work is miles better than any of Apex's stuff. I would wait for the M&P9C 2.0 if it ever does come out. I really don't care for striker guns to be quite honest anyways.
>>
File: 1479855380001.jpg (82KB, 440x344px) Image search: [Google]
1479855380001.jpg
82KB, 440x344px
>>33686573
>lgs has pic related (no light laser) for 700.00 otd

Nah, fuck that. The VTAC model has these sights in pic and they're waaaay to busy. They're like a Christmas tree and go for $160.

You can even get the VTAC in 9mm for $600 easily online if you were to insist on it.

I'm >>33686786

Get a regular M&P 2.0, some sights like Ameriglos or Dawson fiber optics a quality holster and just shoot it disregarding any sort of trigger job or kit. With that remaining money, you can buy a TLR 1 HL and still be right under the cost of a VTAC.
>>
>>33686573
If the CZ P-07/-P09 weren't things I'd be invested in M&P's - they're probably one of the most ubiquitous plastic pistols after Glock at this point, only with good ergos and a thumb safety.
>>
>700

Fucking kek is your local store gander mountain?
>>
>>33686573
OP here. Sorry, I made this thread before I went to work. Thank you for the input anons. Well....fug. Guess its not all what I was thinking it was. I'm really looking for a .40 as I already have a Glock 21(.45) and Beretta 92fs(9mm) inox. Hmmm...
>>
File: 5825386069_34724a764a_z.jpg (195KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5825386069_34724a764a_z.jpg
195KB, 640x480px
Guess I'll go back to trying to track down a USP .40.
>>
>>33689120
Haha,no. Never been to one of those. Best price I found online was Tombstone Tactical @ $665.00
>>
>>33686573
I carry an M&P 9c
>excellent capacity for its size, 12+1 at barely larger than Glock 26
>no pinky fall off
>rail (although idgaf)
>good sights
>shitty trigger

the trigger has a ton of travel to it which i don't like on a range gun but i think makes sense on a CCW. i haven't shot the M2.0 but i have fondled one in my LGS. I love how it looks and feels (dat grip texture) but the trigger still has that fairly long travel. i think i might have to shoot it before i buy it

if you buy that gun for $700 you are retarded, i regularly see it for $450 online

>fucking S&W won't make the 5" version in black
WHY
>>
>>33686573
>Do you own one
Yes, M&P 9c

>Do you like it
I'm pretty sure it'd be more reliable to pistol whip someone to death with it than to shoot them. Trigger randomly locks up because "safe trigger" and its really prone to limp wrists if you so much as sneeze funny. I've yet to find a single pro that I couldn't find as standard on Glocks, CZ's, Sig's, etc.

>What do you like about it
That it'll be decent trade in credit towards a new gun. Makes a good paperweight in the meantime. If it wasn't so shit I would like that it's an actual striker fired gun with the possibility of a manual safety, but apparently even that is shit.

>What do you not like about it
Trigger would get you killed, it randomly locks up due to "safety" reasons unless you hold it JUST right. Prone to doublefeeds and other nasty jams. Has a pretty huge space between slide and frame, allowing lots of shit into the action. Trigger is gritty as fuck even after a few hundred rounds. As in I cannot stress to you how god awful this trigger is. It is not reliable in any way shape or form when it comes to elements. Check out MAC's torture test (yeah yeah I know) It doesn't even make it past being in a tub of distilled water for more than a few seconds. As an /out/ doorsy guy that's inexcusable.

I bought it during the panic scare of 2012 and it's one of the dumbest things I ever did. Please do not buy one, I wouldn't trust it to kill tin cans, let alone protect my life. My fucking P64 is better than that hunk of garbage.
>>
>>33694444
>nice quads
Where the hell do you see a new VTAC .40 for $450?!
>>
Just bought a 2.0 for just under $500, did I do good?
>>
>>33686573

Yeh it's a 40cal
Yeh, it's alright, it feels nice

Aren't they out with their 2.0 model now? I'd wait for that. I'm not a big fan of my trigger.
>>
>>33695543
Where did you get that
>>
>>33695671
Outlet Firearms in Grove City PA, why?
>>
>>33695755
That's good deal
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.