[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why or why not can mentally ill people can carry guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 18

Why or why not can mentally ill people can carry guns?
>>
>>33684922
Define "mentally ill" first
>>
>>33684923
something that affects the way you think, and the way you act. In this case ya'll know the story with stevie stephens
>>
Is that the guy who livestreamed himself murdering somebody? Rarely have I seen an uglier, more unpleasant face.
>>
File: terrorist-color-chart.jpg (61KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
terrorist-color-chart.jpg
61KB, 550x309px
>>33684923
Basically niggers
>>
>>33684923

go to NAMI.ORG and read it for yourself tard boy

op go troll your stupid shit somewhere else

we all know this is just another white conspiracy so police can shoot more black people right ?
>>
File: 1490373893743.jpg (28KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1490373893743.jpg
28KB, 396x385px
>>
>>33684939
>something that affects the way you think, and the way you act
Far too vague. If a person sees an advertisement for an item and they purchase that item afterwards, arguably their thinking and action has been affected.
>>
>>33684922
>>33684939
Jokes on you. Mentally ill vet and I'm fucking stocked, glocked, and ready to rock.
>>
>>33684939
It's too hard to specify what you mean on paper.

There's many mental illnesses that won't cause someone to suddenly go postal, but the sufferers are still deemed "mentally ill".

however humans who are the equivalent of a half-baked cake shouldn't be allowed lethal force, no
>>
>>33684922
- Over 20% of Americans are diagnosed with a mental illness at some point in their lives.
- Mental illnesses are not permanent in most cases.
- Most people with mental illnesses do not pose a danger to themselves or others.
- Mental health professionals universally agree that past mental illness is not an indicator of future violent behavior.
- The definition of mental illness expands constantly.

The Mental Illness boogeyman is a device concocted by the media to trick you into agreeing with gun control legislation. They ask "surely you don't think the mentally ill should be allowed weapons?" and you agree because there's a massive stigma attached to mental illness that isn't representative of the reality of what it really means and bam, you've just agreed to disarming 60 million Americans who've done nothing wrong and aren't a danger to anyone. Then once they get their legislation stripping the rights from anyone under the blanket definition of "mentally ill" all they have to do to take your guns is expand that definition to include you.
>>
>>33685035
It's literally a trick to get around due process.

Just declare everyone mentally ill and you can take their rights without a trial!
>>
>>33685035
I can kinda relate to this whole thing, actually.

About two years ago, my dad had an incident where he threatened suicide because of a massive buildup of stress between home and work. He had his Taurus .38 SPL revolver in his hands, with a full cylinder, but never pointed it at himself or anyone else. I think that was because not only do I believe him when he said that he really wasn't suicidal, but he also taught firearm safety courses for a while and likely had a hard time getting himself to point at someone or himself with a loaded weapon. My mom had already begun to call the cops, and I rushed down to the basement with my brother. While both of them were being hysteric, I calmly asked my dad to hand me the revolver, telling him he doesn't want to do this. After a few tries, he gave me the revolver. Afterwards, the cops came, some family came (Sister/Brother in Law, Aunt/Uncle w/cousin, other Aunt), and the police advised us to let my Aunt and Uncle keep his guns at their place for a little while, which we did. My Dad got tossed in a Mental Health Ward or something at a nearby Hospital, where he stayed for about a week. He got released, got a new, less stressful job, and is now happy with all of his previous guns, plus two new ARs.

Had we told any of this to a therapist etc, I truly believe my dad would have been labeled as a suicide risk and prevented from enjoying one of his favorite hobbies. Mental Illness is just one more way to take away guns.

Sorry for the wall of text, just thought I'd share a relevant story.
>>
>>33685154
thx anon I liked the story

heres a (you) and an upboat
>>
File: hans-hermann-hoppe.jpg (74KB, 888x1178px) Image search: [Google]
hans-hermann-hoppe.jpg
74KB, 888x1178px
>>33684923
Being none white, being a fag or a tranny, being a lefty. None of these things should be allowed to have access to weapons of any kind.

The proper goal of Libertarian ismis to maintain private property and political liberty. Those demographics erode both and therefore one of the proper aims of any Libertarian society should be to exterminate those demographics, which means making certain that they are not capable of putting up any meaningful resistance.
>>
He's not mentally ill
He's just a dumb nigger
As for mental illness and guns, shall not be infringed. If someone can't be trusted with a gun, they should be locked up. Same with felons and domestic abusers. Can't be trusted to own a gun or vote? Lock the fucks up.
>>
>>33684939
>something that affects the way you think,
You can now be disbarred your use of arms for thinking you're a girl.
>>
>>33685205
>the government should imprison anyone they decide can't be trusted
I'm not sure if this is what you meant to say, but this is what you said.
>>
>>33684939
If you get anxiety on planes you can't have a gun.

If you're a woman over 45 you can't have a gun.

If you have an irrational fear of birds you can't have a gun.

Basically anything could be interpreted as a mental illness by your definition. The only relevant factor in whether or not someone should be allowed a gun or not is if they demonstrably pose a threat to others.

And if that's the case they shouldn't be walking around unsupervised at all, they should be removed from normal society until such a time that they no longer pose a threat, at which point they should be allowed back into society with all their normal rights.
>>
>>33684939
"Anger" fits that description. Are you saying anyone who have and will experience anger should not own guns?
>>
>>33685232
A better phrasing would be "unless someone has done something so heinous as to get themselves locked up, they should have all the rights of any other free citizen."
>>
>>33685330
I thought that was probably what you were going for.

Phrasing is important otherwise you can come across like a hyper authoritarian nut job.
>>
>>33684922
>Why or why not can mentally ill people can carry guns?
Your question is fucked because being "mentally ill" isn't a clear cut thing you have or don't have. In this case, the guy snapped, and used his gun to express his anger and frusturation with his ex.

I don't think what happened is necessarily anything new. A guy had irrational anger, and took it out with violence. It's just that he broadcasted it, and the victim is a random elderly man. I mean it's kinda of like how someone gets shot or killed in a road-rage incident. I don't even think I'm expressing what I'm trying to convey here, but nonetheless shootings are going to happen as a result of people having access to guns (no im not anti-gun), and we just have to accept the reality.
>>
>"mentally ill" people start losing their rights
>fewer people with mental illnesses seek help because they don't want to lose their rights
>rate of treatment for mental illness goes down
>>
>>33684961
Do you have a dog?
>>
>>33684939
I would kill people too if my name was stevie fucking stephens.
>>
>>33684922
I don't think most police officers should carry a gun because they are mentally ill.
>>
File: joji.jpg (40KB, 636x583px) Image search: [Google]
joji.jpg
40KB, 636x583px
>>33684922
That's not a person, that's a fucking Terraformar.
>>
File: IMG_20150101_122750.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150101_122750.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>33685404
Yeah. Her name is Zelda. Why? Odd question.
>>
>>33684922
Most mentally ill people still have functioning hands, so most of them can still carry most things, guns included.
>>
>>33685154
Shitty circumstance but I am surprised he is still able to have guns. Sounds like he was commited to a psych ward which would bar him from purchasing/owning guns.
>>
>>33684954
Right, because literally all mental illness is exactly the same and affects people in precisely the same way. Seasonal affective disorder, social anxiety, paranoid schizophrenia, and psychopathy are all the same shit.

Brilliant.
>>
>>33684922
Depends on the severity and if its treatable.
Something like minor depression but with treatment should be fine, but someone who is severely autistic who is prone to violent outbursts or self harm should not.
>>
>>33686195
RIP pup pup
>>
File: he dead dawg.png (428KB, 887x411px) Image search: [Google]
he dead dawg.png
428KB, 887x411px
>>33684922
Good news everyone, he's dead.
>>
They deafened the stephens
>>
>>33684952
Her fucking face
>Did they really just put that on the screen
>I am so fired
>>
>>33686334
May he burn in hell for eternity.
>>
>>33686334
coward
>>
>>33686334
"Snapped"
Shoots one gramps, to coward to shoot anyone else, bragged about having other bodies, that don't even exist.

We wanted this fucker dragged through the streets like Sadaam.

He's a coward who is probably legit depressed and thought he could just go shoot some people, and the cops would come gun him down.
>>
>>33686420
It's not even correct. The most terrorist color is beige. Blue gum Mississippi negros are way less terrorist than a light brown pakistani.
>>
>>33686284
What business is it of the state if someone wants to hurt themself?
>>
>>33684922

Mentally ill are probably more likely to kill themselves with their own guns so it'll effect /k's way of life because retards are everywhere doing stupid shit
>>
The important question is why he tried to turn a hoe into a housewife? They can't act right.
>>
>>33685035
This.

Also, mentally ill people are more likely to be victims of violence than the perpetrator.

>>33685154
Has your dad tried to buy any guns since that incident? I thought that if you get sent to a mental health ward (like a 5150) you can't buy guns for like 3 years.
>>
>>33686641
often times severely autistic people dont actually want to do it, they just have random episodes of lashing out and hitting them selves.
>>
>>33686687
You know that ain't right, don't fuck up your life.
>>
>>33685195
meme
>>
File: logo.fw_.png (63KB, 256x47px) Image search: [Google]
logo.fw_.png
63KB, 256x47px
>>
>>33684922
The real problem is why is anyone who is not mentally 'fit' stigmatized the second they seek help? People lose their jobs/careers, and in /k/'s case, their guns taken away because they want to fix themselves.
I'd rather keep my mental illness to myself than admit it, and that's why the people who really need help don't get it, and why they wake up one morning and swear the trix rabbit told them to shoot up a school.
>>
The mentally ill should be allowed to use violence for the same reason they should be allowed to vote.

Power should be democratized because the political and financial elite have a terrible record of abusing central power.

The persistent abuse of a tiny bit of power by tiny actors is nowhere near as disruptive as a holocaust.
>>
>>33686796
Perhaps if we stop treating people with illnesses worse than criminals they won't be (quite rightly) terrified of having their life destroyed by seeking help.
>>
>>33685154
>Had we told any of this to a therapist etc, I truly believe my dad would have been labeled as a suicide risk and prevented from enjoying one of his favorite hobbies.
A good therapist would have seen his loading the revolver and choosing not to point it at anyone as a statement that this part of his life he is taking control of. Or something like that. Basically, your Dad subconsciously was declaring that he thought about it but is strong enough not to but he had to have the choice in front of him for it to feel real.
Shitty therapists would jack him full of wellyoucrazahol and likely made his suicidal thoughts worse as the last bits of meaningful control were taken away from him forcefully.
>>
>>33686420
>>33686579
The most dangerous variety of terrorist is Chechen, and in objective terms many of them are white. Not culturally obviously, but genetically. That's why they're so dangerous. They're well known for extreme brutality, well planned attacks, and teaching sandniggers how to be effective as well.
>>
>>33685035
My father has a mental illness and becomes extremely angry almost every other day.

Literally everyone in the family except me wanted to get rid of his like two guns, I still thought he'd be okay.

Then he hit my younger brother in the head with a pair of pliers.

Needless to say, his guns are long gone and he's not getting them back until he gets help, taking him to get evaluated this week.
>>
>>33684922

If someone is so mentally ill that you literally do not trust them not to kill someone then why are they free in society at all? Same for violent criminals.
>>
>>33686871
Because where do you draw the line at 'mental ill' and 'normal dark thoughts'?
Sometimes on a shitty day I imagine shoving someone onto the subway tracks but I know I'll never do it. To some, they'll say 'yea we all been there' but to others (ie: sheltered types) I'm a monster for THINKING it and need help immediately.
>>
>>33686885
None of this would be a problem if we stopped putting women in charge of things.
>>
Depends on the ill first
psychopaths, schizophrenic,suicidal tendencies and self-destructive people shouldn't even own guns in the first place.

Other mental problems like narcissism, and some moderate (and controled) levels of pstd or anxiety shouldn't be a problem at all
>>
>>33686903
There's actually a real ongoing discussion in psychiatry about how appropriate it is to have women psychoanalyze and provide psychiatric treatment for men and vice versa.

That's not to malign women, it's just men and women have dramatically different patterns of thought and behavior.
>>
File: 9.png (2MB, 1542x1600px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
2MB, 1542x1600px
>>
>>33686995
The fact that's even up for debate really proves what idiots they are. Men analyzing women? Women analyzing men? You'd have to be willfully stupid to think that could be legitimate.
>>
>>33687006
Some people have trouble coping with reality, so they convince themselves that things are fake.

For instance, weak-minded people who think Sandy Hook was fake, because they cannot reconcile their pro 2A beliefs with dead children. Somebody with a strong mind would say "Yes those kids died, so what?" But they can't do that because they're weak, so they need a conspiracy theory to eliminate the cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>33687052
What is ironic is Antis can look at a bunch of dead children and still think a magic sign or law would have stopped it.
>>
>>33684939
>something that affects the way you think, and the way you act.
This is why ignorant libfags don't need to be making any laws. You don't even understand the fundamentals of psychological mental illness classification.
>>
>>33684922
No one should carry guns daily, period.
>>
>>33687071
They aren't living in reality either. They delude themselves by thinking in terms of administrative rules and abstracts, rather than thinking in terms of practical reality.

A few trips to the gun range can often effectively cure them, since holding a gun in their own hands and firing it a few times will force them to confront reality.
>>
>>33686159
This.
>>
>>33684922
As others have said, you have to define mental illness in such a way that doesn't bar normal people from firearms. We already disallow people who are adjudicated mentally defective from buying guns, so judges being more liberal with that process might help, but we should also have an extensive appeals process for that.

In the case of this faggot, more people need to be responsibly armed in public, so that if this kind of thing happens, it can be met with preventative lethal force,
>>
>>33687052
Sandy hook may or may not be fake - we'll literally never know since they made accessing any official documents (such as autopsy reports) on it illegal, tore down the school itself, and "deleted" all the electronic camera records.

That said, I agree with you that people will seek any sort of bullshit to get past an awful truth.
>>
>>33687259
They didn't tear the school down.
>>
>>33687259
It wasn't fake. Only retards believe it was.
>>
>>33687259
The expectation that they'd make all those sorts of documents and photographs of dead children publicly available is completely unrealistic. They never do that shit. People who want to believe it was fake because they can't cope with reality latch onto things like that, which are to be expected, as evidence that it was a conspiracy.
>>
>>33687288
http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/No-trace-of-Sandy-Hook-Elementary-School-will-be-4937150.php

Really.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sandy-hook-elementary-new-school-newtown-connecticut-2016-7

Odd.
>>
>>33687297
Didn't realize. I guess cause inner city schools get shot up all the time I was confused as to why this one would be special.
>>
>>33686690
If you define suicide to be "gun violence" like the antis then mentally ill people are more likely to be the perpetrator of violence than the victim. They can't have it both ways but they sure do try
>>
>>33687088
Why not?
>>
>>33687337
Because it's fucking stupid. Unless you live in Afghanistan, you don't need to have a weapon on you at all times.
>>
>>33687344
So you consult your magic 8 ball to find out when you'll need it?
>>
>>33686932
Psychopaths would never even go in for treatment. You only find out what they are after the deed.
>>
>>33687344
Apparently you do when there's someone walking around just shooting people in the face for no reason. Or in any other kind of crime.
Yeah, you may not have time to pull or use it. But there's the chance you may save yourself and others.
You don't lose anything by carrying, but you potentially lose everything by not carrying. Just keep it hidden until it's needed and you won't have problems.
>>
>>33687344
Look up the crime statistics in America. Then tell people they shouldn't carry a gun. SHALL NOT
>>
>>33687369
Yes. That's exactly what I do. I'm also not a scurred little bitch who thinks he's Dirty fucking Harry.
>>
>>33687396
Yeah. In America. I don't live in America.
>>33687382
Concealed carry I can agree with. Open carry is the stupidest fucking thing under the sun.
>>
>>33687344
>Unless you're an F1 driver, you don't need to wear your seatbelt at all times.
>>
>>33687295
Haha, yeah, let me guess, you personally know one of the parents and/or used to live there? Poor Robbie Parker.

The entirety of the event is suspicious as fuck, but I'm the kind of person who knows the Democrats would kill children for a false flag, so I guess I'm somewhere in between full blown conspiracy and "muh chilluns".
>>
>>33687418
>implying the two are even remotely comparable.
>implying you could get murdered in zero seconds flat because someone wrenched your seatbelt out of your hand
>>
>>33687420
No, I don't. School shootings happen all the fucking time in America. Why is this one so fucking hard to believe?
>>
>>33687431
A seatbelt is a precautionary measure, just like CCing a gun.

You don't plan to get into accidents, but you wear a seatbelt in case accidents happen.

You don't plan on shooting someone to save your life, but you wear a gun in your belt in case someone's trying to kill you.
>>
File: 1488627096416.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1488627096416.png
8KB, 112x112px
>>33687431
>hurf durf whats an analogy??
>>
>>33687417
What do you expect me to do, lug my rifle around in a case every time I go into the woods with it? Don't be retarded. Open carry isn't causing problems.

>inb4 you link a few isolated incidents that only happen a handful of times a year and you only know about because the internet allows insignificant events to be immortalized.
>>
>>33687456
More like you wear armor to save your life. That way, you don't make yourself a target for any other retard who was somehow allowed to buy a gun and carry it in his belt.
>>
>>33687467
The woods are completely different, though. Even I openly carry a fucking 10mm Auto in the woods sometimes.
>>
>>33687480
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>33687397
Most people aren't. For example, you're a b8ing nigger
>>
>>33687480
>allowed
SHALL
>>
>>33685226
I wouldn't complain.
>>
>>33686427
lets be happy he either had too little ammo or regretted his actions and didn't kill anymore people on his get away or whatever he was doing. I'm actually surprised that he didn't. I doubt he killed anyone before hand like he said he did. Or if he did, he wanted to get away with it and the recent murder was to make joy feel bad by publicizing this by saying he did it because of her and soon after regretted his actions. He's still a piece of shit regardless.
>>
>>33687489
>The woods are completely different,
Yeah? You're going to code that into the law you're proposing? Open carry allowed when there are more than 10 trees within 10 meters of you or something? And what of people that live in prairies or deserts? No trees so they're shit out of luck?

Stop being retarded.
>>
This is part of the whole Pizzagate thing, they are using this guy as cover to close up shop before these pedos get arrested
>>
>>33687420
>I'm the kind of person who knows the Democrats would kill children for a false flag

Nope. We've got a live one.

>the Democrats would kill children for a false flag

And how the fuck would you know that? You don't. You don't.

>the kind of person

You seem like exactly the kind of person >>33687052
was describing. Making shit up to make sense of a horrible tragedy. Not acknowledging that single humans are capable of doing horrible things or that rights often come with a price. Because you're incapable of facing that reality, perhaps you can't justify paying that price, you instead invent a boogieman on which to conveniently place all the blame.
>>
>>33687648
Tens of thousands of whites are raped every year by blacks, thousands are murdered by thousands, millions are robbed or otherwise victimized

Every democrat politician is complicit in this, making their careers off redirecting the gibs of white tax money to blacks.

Killing kids is nothing, they have been kidnapping and killing kids for decades.
>>
>>33687648
Not the anon you were addressing, but it's not beyond the realm of imagination to believe that the government would have people killed to further it's own goals.

The Maine, the Gulf of Tonkin, creating Al-Qaeda, ISIS, etc. Not saying that they did so in this instance, but painting the US government as good and honest isn't exactly true in these times especially.
>>
>>33687613
>stop being retarded
You're the retard, actually. The woods are fucking different. If you can't see that, you're...Well, you're retarded, as I said.
>>
>>33687720
You're the one proposing legislation that says "the woods are different". Completely retarded.
>>
>>33687756
I never proposed jack fucking shit. Pay attention, bitch. Many countries do have laws, however, to that effect, but don't fucking ask me how they put it, I'm not a fucking lawyer. Hence why I never proposed jack shit.
>>
>>33687768
>I didn't formally introduce legislation to congress, therefore you cannot criticize my asinine ideas.
>>
>>33687442
Zero pictures, zero evidence to support it
Closed casket funerals
Lots of other suspicious shit
Sandy Hook wasn't even an actual in operation school

Why believe in something and defend it, when you personally have no idea whether it happened or not, and there has been zero evidence provided to show that it did happen?
>>
File: Mentally Ill.png (29KB, 1301x216px) Image search: [Google]
Mentally Ill.png
29KB, 1301x216px
>>33685035
capped my friend
>>
>>33684922
It depends on whether the court has declared them mentally incompetent.
>>
>>33687344
Reminder that Chicago is statistically more dangerous than any warzone America has been in for the last 40 years.
>>
>>33684922

Why are they allowed to roam the streets freely in the first place?
>>
>>33686334
Dat face... what a dopey motherfucker, amberlamps, etc.
>>
>>33687828
>Newtown has a population of 28,000
>Somehow the Obama administration managed to pay off all of them to the point that nobody breaks silence
>In a town with a Republican government
Anon, I live 45 minutes away, it happened.
>>
>>33685195

What's so bad about being left handed
>>
>>33684939

So having a political ideology classifies one as mentally ill?
>>
>>33688512
It's sinister.
>>
>>33684922
Hallucinations and guns don't mix well.
>>
>>33688564
Only if it's an evil, misogynist, homophobic, anti-semitic, racist, or xenophobic, capitalistic, militaristic, heteronormative, privileged, patriarchal political ideology

You know, like being a Republican.
>>
File: 1473920914952.jpg (18KB, 320x277px) Image search: [Google]
1473920914952.jpg
18KB, 320x277px
>>33688597

It genuinely worries me that this may actually be the case one day. I've already seen indicators that the mental health system can be used as a form of political prison and that's genuinely terrifying.
>>
>>33687344
Yeah I'm sure the old black guy who got shot would agree with you that he didn't need a gun.
>>
File: ff.jpg (772KB, 1740x1088px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
772KB, 1740x1088px
Basically niggers should leave and not own guns.
>>
>>33684939
How was this fat fuck "mentally ill"?
>>
>>33687667

>"the democrats don't support rounding up every black person in America and either gassing them or deporting them to africa so they're L I T E R A L L Y planning the genocide of white people"

I really wish the keep /pol/ in /pol/ rule would be enforced.

>>33687579

I think he killed himself because he realized just what he did once he came off of his emotion rush and couldn't cope with the guilt. That's just my armchair psychology of course we'll likely never know.

>>33687480

Anon I'm a leaf too and it makes no fucking sense, "allowing" people to carry guns make no difference. Remember the /pol/fag in Québecistan who shot up the mosque? He wasn't allowed to carry a gun but hey guess what a couple of Muslims got removed anyway.

Really, restricting gun carry is just disarming law-abiding people.
>>
>>33689304
>I think he killed himself because he realized just what he did once he came off of his emotion rush and couldn't cope with the guilt
Considering he would do something like that to begin with, I highly doubt that. More likely he just didn't want to go to prison, and offed himself for that reason.
>>
>>33689333

It's not too far-fetched to imagine someone might do extreme things in times of great distress.

It's possible he just didn't want to get life in jail but it's not impossible he was just incredibly remorseful. Again we'll never know so it's just speculation.
>>
>>33689437
Until there's some actual information as to why the scum shot the innocent man, chalking any of his actions up to "emotional distress" is reaching imo. As far as I'm concerned, it's irrelevant; he murdered an innocent in cold blood, and now he's dead. Good fucking riddance.
>>
>>33688567
Ba-dum TSS!
>>
>>33684922

Most of the faggot retards on /k/ claim to have or carry guns. Arming nutbag psychotic niggers can't be much worse than that.
>>
>>33684954
Boy you really have no idea what you're talking about do you
>>
>>33684954
>this is just another white conspiracy so police can shoot more black people

Criminal nigger psycho spotted.
>>
>>33684939
>something that affects the way you think, and the way you act
This can literally be defined as a fear of water or nearly any eating disorder. Diagnosing Mental illness requires prolonged and extensive evaluation over the course of weeks, months, or even longer. You can't just spot test someone for mental illness with a written exam of a few hours with a psychiatrist. If you did ever single human being in existence would be diagnosed with mental illnesses of some kind.
>>
In wake of this horrible tragedy I think we should reconsider who we should allow to own firearms. Specifically people who fit the following profiles
>those who don't own property or housing
>those who do not have a car
>those diagnosed with autism
>those who have trouble getting a girlfriend
>those who see a therapist more than once a year
>those who take any sort of psychiatric medication
Should not own firearms. Sure there will be some innocent people barred from protecting themselves but these are clearly the problem groups committing these mass shootings with military assault weapons.

>>33685154
Your dad should DEFINITELY not be allowed to own firearms
>Taurus
You should have came out of the closet right then and told him that you are gay for thug niggaz.
>>
>>33685226
Okay where do I sign this petition
>>
>>33685195
in order to secure liberty we need to unleash state terrorism

thanks triple h
>>
>>33686280
I kinda misworded that, he just spent a few nights in the loony bin. He managed to keep his TS clearance afterward, so I don't imagine he's barred from gun ownership.

>>33686690
He's built two 80%s, but no 4473s.

>>33686845
The therapist my mom choose was an Art Therapist (yes, I know). I can't imagine that would have ended well.

>>33690046
I bet my dad has a more impressive firearms collection than you, jackass. Hell, I bet I have a more impressive firearms collection than you. You've probably never shot a Taurus and rely entirely on what you read from people on the internet.
>>
>>33685035
This, not to mention shooting can be very therapeutic for people with mental illnesses. I have a clinical depression,general anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia and for me shooting is one of the only things that still makes me happy. I'd never want to hurt anybody unless my life was threatened or the lives of other innocent people around me are at stake and being able to carry makes me feel a little bit more comfortable in public.
>>
>>33684922
How would anyone have known he was crazy? The dude was a mental coach for children, and I think he was also in the airforce. There was no way of knowing he'd do that shit and furthermore most mentally ill people aren't insane and are just normal people who suffer from an illness that more times than not is only temporary. Also how the fuck would you be able to figure out who and who doesn't have mental illnesses? You want a psychologist on stand by at every gun shop talking to people for weeks to figure out if they have mild depression or some shit? That would be pointless bc believe it or not unless the person is legit insane like off the wall bonkers they could easily just lie to a psychologist to appear like they have no mental illness. Case in point it's stupid,unrealistic, and pretty un-American in my opinion.
>>
>>33684954

go back to shilling on /pol/ you worthless dindu
>>
>>33687417
Open carry is the most needed form of gun ownership. You shouldn't be forced to hide like a Jew in Germany.
>>
>>33689218
He went on a killing spree while casting it on FB. Non crazy people.domt do that.

You know you can wake up.crazy one day right? It doesn't have to be from birth.
>>
File: 1479182770421.jpg (104KB, 1024x971px) Image search: [Google]
1479182770421.jpg
104KB, 1024x971px
>>33685035
fuck dude I wasn't ready for that redpill
>>
>>33689932
>>33684954
Level-headed people detected.
>>
>>33689536
>Until there's some actual information as to why the scum shot the innocent man, chalking any of his actions up to "emotional distress" is reaching imo

but you have it backwards. Most murders are crimes of passion and done due to emotional distress. Plus based on his call this is also the case. Serial killers and "cold blooded killers" are quite rare. The first assumption is therefore the default excuse for his actions. I'm defiantly not condoning his murder in any way but its important to try to analyze and understand these things because they will keep happening due to having weapons available for purchase for any Americans. Psychologists go to prisons and do this sort of thing all the time, its a sort of soft science and is important to know what people are capable when different variables mix. I'm pro gun but this is one of the reasons many liberals are against guns. This is their go to argument. Not school shootings. Most normies will tell you, "what if you were extremely mad and had a gun on you, aren't you scared to use it". I've heard this line from about every anti gun advocate.
>>
>>33684939
>something that affects the way you think, and the way you act.
So... education?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>33684922
>Implying he was killed
>Implying he didn't return to the Old Ones under Lake Eerie

The suicide story was just a convenient cover up.
>>
>>33692902
I'd also like to point out how the political left constantly accuse anyone who they disagree with as being mentally ill.
>>
>you fucking idiots actually think this is a real event

It's acting, like most of the big news stories

notice how you don't even see the guy get shot on camera, he pans the camera 360 and when it comes back the guy is on the floor with """blood""" on him

I can't beleive people still fall for this shit
>>
>33695846

(You)'re a fucking retard.
>>
>>33696124

because I don't believe in obviously scripted bullshit?
>>
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
There should be no limits on what american citizens can own guns. Ever. It doesn't matter if they're a faggot, a tranny, batshit fucking insane, an asian, a nigger, a spic, whatever. If they're a US citizen, they should be allowed to own guns, because if we let the government take gun rights away from one group of people, we let them take gun rights away from everyone.
>inb4 'MUH SLIPPERY SLOPE'
>inb4 'muh arming duh enemy'
It's not a slippery slope to say that giving the government the right to take guns away from one group gives them precedent to take guns away from more people.
>>
>>33686195

LOOK AT THAT CUTIE
>>
File: 1492463934311.jpg (67KB, 576x675px) Image search: [Google]
1492463934311.jpg
67KB, 576x675px
>>33684939
In that case, they should because that was a vague as fuck definition
You made it up on the spot didn't you?
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.