[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Virgin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 8u2usysa.jpg (27KB, 554x346px) Image search: [Google]
8u2usysa.jpg
27KB, 554x346px
Hey yall. I'm a gun virgin. I am just now 21 and looking to buy my first pistol. I've been to a few gun stores and researched alot online and I have some possible options. Give me some advice

List of possibles:

Glock 19
Springfield XD 45
M9
M&p 45
Cz75

What's my best bet for a College kids who lives in a ghetto part of town and wants to carry/defend the home

Pic related ave maria
>>
xd 45 will be the cheapest.
>>
>>33684651
Money isn't a problem my budget is 1500 I'm just looking for the best. I hear great things about this gun
>>
>>33684685
>Money isn't a problem
>ghetto part of town
Money is a problem when nignogs are around.

If the gun is especially valuable and anybody finds out about it, you'll get robbed

Buy something cheap, like 400$ and under.

>1500$ budget
Pistols are cheaper than that. There's not much reason to spend more than 600$ on babby's first handgun, and a lot of what you listed can be had for pretty cheap.

Do you want a 45 or a 9mm? Do you have any experience shooting either?
>>
File: Handgun_collection_m.jpg (212KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
Handgun_collection_m.jpg
212KB, 500x337px
>>33684623
>Glock 19
>Springfield XD 45
>M&P .45

polymer, striker fired, they will be lighter, usually cheaper and easier to break down. a consistent trigger pull, but you may not like how they feel but you can get trigger jobs. they also have an abundant after market for parts

>M9
>Cz75
pretty much the opposite of what I said, they will be heavier, the DA/SA trigger may through you off. Not that theres anything wrong with them, theyre just a different animal. Also the after market is in my experience more expensive and not as abundant, but still manageable

>1911
SAO trigger, probably the most complext to take down out of your list. You could very well learn on it, its super comfortable to shoot but not as simple. Its like getting a stick shift for your first car, once you learn it anything else will be a cake walk. they can range from thousands of of dollars to a basic bitch GI 1911 which is really all you need

what you should do first is look into your local laws, what you can get and what you can do with it. then maybe take a firearms safety course. At worse you have to socialize and maybe get advice from others, maybe even rent a few guns to shoot before you make a purchase. You dont need to drop 1500, at best you need 500 or so, put the rest in a good holster, safe or any added things you want on the gun.
out of the list, id say the glock or M&P, or the XD is like a safety riddled pistol. they are simple, cheap, light weight and what I carried when I was a college poorfag
>>
Glock 19 is alright for a first gun. Incredibly simple to operate and take apart. Big aftermarket for glocks too.

There's nothing really good or bad about it. It's the Toyota Corolla of guns.
>>
>>33685283
>>33684623
Police trade-ins are the way to go. Glock is likely.
>>
>>33684623
Also in this same situation. I'm going to get a Kahr CM9 to carry concealed on campus, but I'd like something bigger for off campus/in home.

Stuck between:
Glock 19
CZ 75
Sig P320
M&P 9

Of those have only shot the Sig. Leaning towards it or a Block. CZ is tempting though. Not super interested in the M&P unless someone can convinces me otherwise.

Would just use a rifle for home defense, but I live in a campus apartment, and they only allow pistols.
>>
>>33685357
>Block

I meant Glock, but if the shoe fits...
>>
>>33684623
A M9 or whatever beretta 92 you'd end up buying are guns that a lot of people don't like.

They're pretty big, they're all metal, they have a wide grip and they have a manual safety.

They're a full sized duty gun intended for the military and law enforcement, they're not intended for CC and they are chambered in 9mm rather than a larger caliber.

For what they are they're very good, they're reliable and fairly rugged and you can beat a person about the head with it.
>>
>>33685169
Thanks for the breakdown man. Very solid.

I'm going to go to the range on Sunday and try out what I can. Leaning towards the Glock 19.

Also I'm in Florida sooo pretty lax laws compared to NY or California

>>33685091
It's a cheap college apartment in Tallahassee so it's gonna have shitty neighbors mixed with normal suburban kids for school. But I'm willing to spend the money to get the best quality I can.
>>
File: mp vs glock.jpg (444KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
mp vs glock.jpg
444KB, 1000x667px
>>33685633
honestly, by default I tend to compare most polymer pistols to glocks, seeing as they basically dominated the market for years
a DA/SA, DAO, or SAO is a bit different, between different brands and models I notice differences in their design to help differentiate and choose from, but I find most polymer striek fired to be almost too similar
anyway, I picked the M&P when I was in your shoes because it felt just a pit better in my hand, but everything else was almost the same
>>
>>33684623
What the other guys have said is pretty spot-on. There's a few other options worth mentioning though.

The VP9 is basically a Glock equivalent with one other thing going for it: it's got the comfiest grip I've ever handled. Interchangeable backstrap and side panels mean you have options. Paddle mag release though, and that might not be your thing. Downside is that mags and accessories after more expensive.

The Steyr M9 is Austria's other Glock. I loved mine, still regretting giving that away. If you can look past the giant Crossman logo on the grip, you've got the most asthetic handgun on the market. Grip angle is a little weird, but the trapezoid sights are fun and easy. Downsides include zero aftermarket, some production runs having extractor issues, and the mags not dropping free. Price is slightly less than a new Glock.
>>
You won't enjoy carrying the Beretta, its huge and heavy. Those are all solid options though. I love metal guns but I have had several people tell me that they don't like carrying them due to the weight. I don't want to be a Glock shill but it's probably your best bet.

In the event you actually do use it for a self defense shooting you will have money left over when the police take it.
>>
>>33685373
I've shot CZ75 SP-01 SHADOW in 9x19 and it's amazing. Almost no recoil, easy to control and if you are a bigger person, you can hide it easily.
>>
>>33684623
commenting because I am in the same camp, have a big budget, looking for a quality buy
>>
Look at the ppq.
>>
>>33684623
if you're old enough to buy a handhun, you're old enough to try a handgun

there is NO end all be-all best. what works best for one person to the next will vary significantly.

Go to to your lgs, go to your local range, put your hands on a couple pistols, that's the only thing to do

anyone who doesnt 'know' you who makes an empassioned argumet is in the best case shillimg their personal preferences

There are a wide variety of perfectly functional and viable handguns; depending on the user. sure some shit is shit overall and regardless, but there are plenty of legit models out there.

come back with a question about reliability and performance and arfermarket customization between a couple of models that felt good in you hand and/or felt right nice at the range then you'll get some useful feedback
>>
you'll regret all of those

get a higher caliber revolver (.357 +) for the range and a S&W Shield or some .380 single stack if you plan on CCW

high-capacity 9mm semis have no real use in a civilian arsenal, from a pragmatic perspective.

revolvers are more fun and beautiful
the shield is the highest rated single-stack 9; all business no frills
>>
>>33690281
Wheelgun fag go and stay go
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.