[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Automatic Knives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Why are these still illegal to even own in so many states? Is there any movement with Trump to have this shit overturned?

>WA fag who can't own pic related
>>
Ignore stupid laws nigga. If you don't make a habit of stabbing people you can carry whatever you want without being challenged.
>>
you can own any auto knife you want, you just "cant" carry it in public
>>
File: 1484254971710.gif (1MB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1484254971710.gif
1MB, 380x380px
>>33682320
The legality is OTF automatic knives, which translates to a knife that opens directly out the end from the push of a button. They are great for stabbing people and nothing else. Either you want a toy, or you could do just as well with a karambit, dagger, other mall ninja weapon.

If you want one just because they're fucking cool, just buy one and play with it. Just don't carry it around or stab anyone with it.
>>
>>33682602
>If you want one just because they're fucking cool, just buy one and play with it.

I can't, because they are illegal to sell in WA.
>>
>>33682713
Contact your local politician than complaining about your shitty laws in your shitty state on a shitty image board isn't gonna put one of those knifes in your hand
>>
>>33682713
Order it from a shady online retailer or GET A FUCKING FRIEND THAT IS A REGISTERED SECURITY GUARD/PRISON GUARD/POLICE OFFICER TO ORDER YOU ONE

For fucks sake, I know they're illegal but I live in Everett and I know my state's laws. Law enforcement and licensed security can legally purchase and possess them.
>>
>>33682713
BladeOps sends autos to Cali at least.
>>
Assisted open is a far superior design, and is 50 state legal AFAIK.
>>
>>33682713
curious non-American here, what's stopping you from buying one in another state and bringing it home? there aren't any border guards for individual states right?
>>
>>33683312

Nope, absolutely nothing to stop you.
>>
>>33682602
The laws in most states don't distinguish an automatic OTF from any other automatic. If it opens with the push of a button ("switch"), it's a scary "switchblade" and is probably illegal. Despite the fact that automatic knives aren't any more deadly than normal knives and have worse lock-up than normal folding knives. If anything, they're more convenient (super easy one-handed deployment) but less dangerous (shitty lock-up that makes them less effective when used for stabbing) than normal knives.
>>
Where can one find a cheap OTF auto? All the ones I've seen are hella expensive. I want to use it just at home as a fidgit or a letter opener, so it doesn't need to be QUALITY.
>>
The laws against switchblades come from a moral panic that happened at just about the same time as the moral panic about Elvis's swaying hips. Suburban moms believed lurid tales of teenagers with their hair slicked back with Brylcreem, rolling a pack of cigarettes up in the sleeve of their t-shirts, putting on their leather jackets, getting in their souped-up hot rods, grabbing their best girl, and heading down to cruise the main drag while listening to Wolfman Jack on the X and looking for trouble to start with their switchblade knives. So they banned switchblades, for the same reason that Ed Sullivan would only film Elvis from the waist up.

Like the prohibition on sawed-off shotguns, the ban on switchblades is a solution to a problem that, if it ever existed, stopped being a major concern ages ago. It's not like our streets are plagued with either switchblade-wielding, leather-jacketed teenagers or Italian mobsters rubbing each other out with a lupara anymore. But unlike the AWB, these laws never had a sunset provision, so they stick with us long after any logical reason for them has long faded away.
>>
>>33683642
>come from a moral panic that happened at just about the same time as the moral panic about

Assault on Precinct 13 comes to mind.

The world's most diverse street gang is hit by reefer madness and anti-establishmentarianism so they pull machine guns out of their ass and siege a police station. Half the movie is old people gunning down kids crawling through windows.
>>
File: Schrade push button knife.jpg (64KB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
Schrade push button knife.jpg
64KB, 712x400px
>>33683642
Pretty much this. That's why sunset laws on just about everything should be a requirement IMO.

I found an article on this a while ago that I rather liked because it has ads that show how switchblades were portrayed before muh moral panic.

http://gizmodo.com/why-switchblades-are-banned-1704050416
>>
>>33685174
sunset provisions*
>>
>>33682320
>costs 2x normal folding knives of same quality
>opens just as easily and fast as a regular folding knife
>>
>>33682320
Retardation.

You can open pretty much any EDC knife as fast with thumbstuds.
>>
>>33685625
>>33685479
>unironically calling for less diversity in the gun/knife market

Plz kill yourself ASAP

I remember seeing a really cool articulated knife in a Jimmy Diresta video, and thinking "wow, that's cool as shit. Not very practical, though". But I still wanted it.

I fucking hate this trend of every knife being a boring ass folder, and every pistol being a polymer striker fire.
>>
>>33686761
>I hate that my tools work good

I hate you.
>>
>>33686761
Re-read the OP and then re-read the first post you linked then off yourself because you're a retard who shouldn't have kids.
>>
>>33686795
Fuck.
>>
File: 20170406_000353.jpg (833KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170406_000353.jpg
833KB, 2048x1152px
I love in my state they are legal to own and carry
>>
>>33682602
>They are great for stabbing people and nothing else
>great for stabbing people and nothing else
>stabbing people and nothing else
>nothing else
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.