[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skeleton CC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: skeltal.png (2MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
skeltal.png
2MB, 2400x1800px
What's the best way for me to CC? I've been told constantly anyone can conceal a Glock 19, but shit, I can't see any way I can do that. My plan was to carry a PPK in a holster or LCP in pocket, but fuck me if those aren't a pain to shoot.

I'm 5'10" at 130 pounds. The best way to describe me is "a skeleton". Advice?
>>
gain some weight nigga

>inb4 i cant
EAT MORE FAGGOT
>>
>>33681286
>5'10" at 130 pounds
Jesus Christ. Do you even remember the last time you ate?
>>
>>33681286
Thin firearms. 1911 and Tokarev work surprisingly well.
I usually carry a P938
>6" 130 here
>>
>>33681286
Eat more, take creatine & weight gain, lift weights four times a week.
>>
>>33681286
The right belt with baggy clothing helps, especially if you wear a coat, jacket, or something else.
>>
>>33681329
>>33681358
I eat like three full meals a day, and the most amount of exercise I get is lifting a stretcher 2-8 times every couple days. There's no way my calories in is less than my calories burned.
>>
File: six_inch_man.png (36KB, 350x62px) Image search: [Google]
six_inch_man.png
36KB, 350x62px
>>33681361
>6"
6' 130lbs

Also, yes! Wear a proper belt! You may need to change your dress slightly. Change it for the better if at all possible. You could shoulder holster with a tracksuit 24/7 but that may not be appropriate if you aren't slavic.
>>
>>33681286
Fellow skinny bro lol, 5'11" 140lb. I carry an LCP IWB and it fits my body. Everyone on 4chan is obese so ignore them lol.
>>
>>33681329
>"5'7" 115lbs male.
We eat more than that morbidly obese fuck in Walmart who takes up a whole isle. Is something chemically wrong. Be it thyroid or a drug. Hell it can even be simple metabolism.
>>
>>33681399
>>33681423
Baggy clothing makes me look like a bum, and it's coming into summer so jackets won't be around for very much longer. I usually wear jeans and a tshirt.

Also, no, I'm 100% not slavic. German instead.
>>
>>33681286
>but I eat a lot. I eat two slices of bread twice a day!
Fucking EAT!
>>
File: 20170417_224452.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_224452.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Is this too much?
>>
OP, the reason why people universally recommend the Glock 19 is because they see other people making the same recommendation and automatically assume the Glock 19 is the best choice for a CC gun in all circumstances, rather than just a good choice for some people and a point of comparison/reference.

While it IS a solid choice if you want the smallest possible gun that handles like a full-size, there are people for whom it doesn't work for one reason or another. Depending on your body shape, the type of job you have, and many other factors, it may not work well for you.

My body is similar to yours (5'10'' 140 lbs), and I have to tuck in my shirt at work. A gun like the LCP, which I can pocket carry everywhere and draw very quickly, is much better for my particular situation than something like a G19. Just some food for thought.
>>
>good quality holster and good quality belt
>emphasis on good quality holster and good quality belt

I carry a gun with the same exact dimensions as the Glock 19 under a t shirt with no problem AIWB. It's comfortable, fast, completely concealed and I can do it every day.

I'm 5'7" and 135lbs living in constant 90 degree weather. PPK's are for fags stuck in the 60's. There is absolutely no excuse as to why you cannot carry something like an M&P9C. Throwing the towel and just getting an LCP means you're a faggot that is too lazy to experiment or do your own research.

Go to pistol-forum and read.
>>
File: 1463608393982.jpg (24KB, 480x460px) Image search: [Google]
1463608393982.jpg
24KB, 480x460px
>>33681571
>OP, the reason why people universally recommend the Glock 19 is because they see other people making the same recommendation and automatically assume the Glock 19 is the best choice for a CC gun in all circumstances

Because it is.
>oh noes he said the "G" word!!!1

It's the most size efficient 15+1 9mm with plenty of aftermarket. I strongly doubt what you define as "very quickly" when refering to your LCP draw is actually very quick.

LCP's are pointless when the Glock 42 is a thing and is infinetely more shootable and reliable. Oh fuck, I said it again. G****.

G****
>>
>>33681571
I'm 6' 200lbs +/-5lbs.

The g19 works for me. I'm an average to slightly above average sized male. (Going off what the FAA said, be gentle).

so for smallnons, you might look at something smaller and thinner.

tldr g19 is for man sized men, Manletts swerve.
>>
>>33681566
not enough
>>
>>33681571
I'm a medic, I can't carry at work both for legal/moral/company reasons.

>>33681573
The point of concealed carry is for it to be concealed. I have already tried a G19, and there's no fucking way I can actually move without it printing.

I already own a PPK, mostly why I brought it up.
>>
>>33681655
>I have already tried a G19, and there's no fucking way I can actually move without it printing.

what belt, holster and method of cc?
>>
>>33681378
eat more, start an exercise routine, fall off the wagon, immediately get fat because you've fucked up your body's normal processes. good advice.
>>
>>33681667
Don't remember a belt, about 6 or 7 different holsters, IWB/OWB/appendix/shoulder. Shoulder worked okay, but it really wasn't comfortable.
>>
>>33681701
>Don't remember a belt

Exactly. Holsters must have been something shitty like an aliengear, incog or crossbreed.
>>
>>33681722
Don't remember THE* belt, my bad, and I'm pretty sure the holsters were quality. They certainly weren't cheap as hell. I'm pretty sure it's the fact that a G19 is just under half the width of my torso, not shit holsters. If I stood straight up it was okay, but as soon as I started bending or moving it would print like a motherfucker.
>>
>>33681778
Do you still have a Glock 19? I can point you to really good quality holsters and belts that may change your mind on it.

Seriously, I'm 135lbs with a 29 inch waist and after carrying a 34oz gun, trying a Glock 19 I literally forget I even have it on me.
>>
>>33681286
Im 6'0 at 130 lbs and conceal a bersa thunder just fine. If i can, then you can.
>>
>>33681286

11:00 carry is the most skeleton friendly, try it. If even that doesn't work then there's no helping you.
>>
>>33681836
I still do. It's a range toy. What do you wear, usually? Go ahead, I'm interested

>>33681846
I can conceal my PPK relatively well, but it's such a pain to practice with and shoot (and also is somewhat unreliable with hollowpoints)
>>
File: 1467069171245.jpg (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467069171245.jpg
69KB, 300x300px
>>33681897
I use a JM Custom George AIWB holster along with an Atlas G-Hook slim belt. The belt itself isn't overly stiff or thick like most gunbelts.

What's good about the Glock 19 in particular when talking about JM Custom holsters is that they have every option for them for quick ship so there is no need to wait 5-6 weeks for a holster that may or may not work out.

You will need to experiment with neoprene wedges, pads along with trying out the standard George and the Wing Claw holsters. With the Wing Claws, the claws push against your belt, pressing the grip more into your body aiding in concealment and a sponge pad or wedge can help grip the upper portion of the gun+grip up and away from your body which also aids in comfort and concealment.

Try it out, order a George, some Wing Claws (they have the standard, 2.0 and 2.5) along with some wedge kits. JM Custom has a 2-week trial period for all orders so at the worst, you'll be out of $30 bucks. There is absolutely no reason why you should put up with a PPK that you do not enjoy shooting thus reducing time spent on practicing and has questionable reliability. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

pistol-forum has great amounts of info on each JM Custom holster for the Glock 19. Definately check there for more indepth information
>>
>>33681652
I need more ets mags, but I feel like if I'm going to buy more, I need to invest in a 9mm AR to complete the autismo circle.
>>
>>33681984
I'll give it a try, thank you. What do you wear as typical day clothes, and what position do you carry at?
>>
>>33681286>>33681361

pic to see what you are dealing with? do you have hyperthyrodism? how old are you
>>
>>33682032
No problem. Again, there is nothing to lose from trying.

>What do you wear as typical day clothes

Just long pants, a small sized t shirt and I carry AIWB at ~1 o'clock. I don't wear anything excessively baggy, size 30 pants with a size 29 waist.

To add, Darkstar Gear also makes a very nice AIWB claw holster from what I hear but I think they only have the 17 holster for quick ship..
>>
>>33682042
No thanks, I haven't had it diagnosed but I have an appt coming up, and 21.
>>
>>33681286
Carry at your 6 o'clock and you're probably going to have to go with a slim single-stack
>>
>>33682151
do you eat when you are hungry? do you live an active lifestyle or pretty sedentary? drink beer? you are young enough to have a fast metabolism but damn if you are a fairly normal dude without an eating disorder that is skinny as fuck, sometimes its just genetics. lift some weights and eat lots of pizza!
>>
>>33681286
As somebody who's been 6'3" and 130lbs(lol chemo joe here) lemme go ahead and chip in here.

Stop being a little bitch.

Get a good gun belt(reinforced is the way to go)

Get a good holster, you'll want to go with appendix carry almost certainly, is much better for hiding gun.

Dress around the gun. either wear slightly baggy shirts, not nigrig tier but just normal slightly baggy shit with nice hang or button ups. too much baggy is actually bad for concealing gun in my experience for a couple of reasons. something like a flannel button up or striped shirt is perfect. the pattern makes it hard for people to notice any slight printing that occurs.

Don't sacrifice too much gun for perfect concealability. 90% of people without training are citrus idiots. Feel free to dress in average clothing with your EDC and ask a friend how it conceals. you'll be surprised to find that what you think prints is barely noticeable to them.

Worst case scenario there's no way in hell you cant conceal a g26, m&p9c or something similar with a quality set up, and that's plenty of gun for just about any situation.
>>
>>33681638
For a Glock 19, I have to untuck my shirt, put my hand on my gun, draw my gun, and bring my sights to bear before I am able to fire my gun.

With an LCP that is being carried in my pocket, that process becomes truncated to drawing my gun and bringing my sights to bear, because I am able to always have my hand already on the LCP without arousing suspicion or drawing attention to the fact that I am armed. It is impossible for me to do this with a Glock 19 that is being carried in an appendix, right hip, or 5 'o clock position.
>>
>>33681286
>I'm 5'10" at 130 pounds
LONDON?
O
N
D
O
N
?
>>
>>33681286
im 5'8'' 120 pounds and i can carry my g19 to school no problem i carry 3 or 4 oclock
>>
File: ohGosh.png (14KB, 296x131px) Image search: [Google]
ohGosh.png
14KB, 296x131px
>>33682304
2qt smol
>>
>>33682304
wtf I'm 5'8 180 lbs and people call me skinny. are you literally a straw man?
>>
>>33682219
Yes, sedentary, when I drink I drink hard liquor or wine only, and my food consumption is through the roof.

>>33682295
Who CCs in England?

>>33682403
I identify as a skeleton and if you don't respect that you're an orthophobe
>>
>>33682403
they're being polite or you're surrounded by hamplanets
>>
>>33682403
no im just a chink faggot piece of shit
>>
>>33682427
damn well enjoy the fast metabolism while it lasts
>>
>>33682403
That's not skinny. That's healthy.
>>
i feel fat now because i'm 5'3" 125 pounds
>>
>>33682857
>5'3"
fuck nigga
>>
>>33682857
HAHAHAHAH.

Play your cards right and maybe you can be my boy slave in the apocalypse.
>>
>>33682955
nah bro i'd be a child soldier who gets shot
>>
>>33681286

Op, I'm literally you exactly, trust me, pocket carry is the only way to carry.

Glock 43 is easy enough, sig p938 is even easier.

Outside of that, it's whatever you can manage.
>>
>>33681655
You forgot practical reasons
>getting all up in someone's personal space for vitals or some shit
>without a retention holster
Bad idea all round.

That said, I'm 6'3" 155 and cc the full-size P2000 all day e'eryday without much trouble. A good belt and a good holster go a long way.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.