[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

protection advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6973.png (112KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6973.png
112KB, 405x405px
I need some advice /k/ I bought expensive electronic earplugs for $2,600 (protection/self-defence is important after all) in case I have to protect myself during a home invasion or a similar scenario. My question is, is this enough to surely protect my hearing if I'm forced to use my gun or would I have to combine it with electronic earmuffs as well?
>>
You'd have been better off with a suppressor and it would've been far cheaper AND it would've been faster AND it would always be with the gun.
>>
>$2600 electronic earplugs
What do they even do better than foam plugs I get from amazon for $20 per 200 pair?
>>
>>33678396
>$2600 electronic earplugs
Should have just bought a hearing aid and said "Fuck earpro, we didn't have that in the great war!"
>>
jesus christ man that's way too fucking much and you're talking to someone who paid $1200 for custom in ear monitors

if you were thinking you might need to double up you would have been better served with normal earplugs underneath electronic ones
>>
>>33678410

yeah but good suppressors are like a thousand bucks and only last for so long
>>
>>33678549
And you're seriously thinking your overpriced earwax-coated electronics are going to outlast a suppressor?
>>
>>33678549
>Only last for so long

You're not going to wear out a good suppressor and you act like a thousand is alot when you just spent 2600 on fucking earplugs.
>>
>>33678396
>electronic earplugs for $2,600
was of money only a pussy uses ear protection
>>
>>33678570
>>33678565
OP here, that comment wasn't mine; thanks for the input though. So would you say wearing earmuffs is necessary combined with (electronic) earplugs in close quarters? People do tend to advise to wear protection even when using suppressors
>>
File: ff.jpg (124KB, 955x490px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
124KB, 955x490px
>>33678624
I wouldn't bother. I am unsure if I'd bother with either.

If you're lucky enough to get the ear plugs in when you have to use your gun in self defense (skeptical) I wouldn't risk putting on and doubling up. You might get some hearing damage who knows but lots of things can give you hearing damage.

>People advise protection when using suppressors

Ideally yes, especially indoors, but again you're using it to defend yourself don't fuck around needlessly with stuff that doesn't need to be fucked with. If you're using subsonic 9mm or something you'll be fine but even with supersonic I would think the damage is minor with a good suppressor.

Also consider that suppressors provide around 30 decibels or reduction, many times more depending on the suppressor. Most foam plugs (good ones) are around 32. So if suppressors hurt your hearing without protection so do foam plugs without doubling up, and even in some cases with doubling up.

Rule of thumb when doubling up is you take the highest NRR rating of the two ear pro you're wearing and add 5. So in my case I wear ear plugs which are 32 nrr and electronic headphones that are about 25. In total I'm getting around (roughly) 37 NRR. A good suppressor can near that.

If you are in the exceptionally rare category of needing your gun for home defense do not over complicate the scenario with too much shit. Keep it simple. That's why I like suppressors. Grab the gun you're using and you're ready, have a light on it as well.

Side note. This is all unprofessional untrained advice from an armchair enthusiast so take what I say with a grain of salt.
>>
>>33678396

>$2600 earplugs

This is a joke, right?
>>
>>33678396

>$2600 earplugs

This is a joke, right?
>>
>>33678866
>>33678801

fucking glitchy captcha makin me double post n shit
>>
>>33678396
Yes, Op, those will make it safe to shoot a rifle indoors.

Jelly of your plugs, btw, wish i had a pair.
>>
>>33678410
not legal in the land of lincoln
>>
>>33678911
>Not legal

Not an excuse desu ;^)
>>
>>33678902
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>33678947
Kys
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.