[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Air Rifle Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: dsc_0154test.jpg (562KB, 2460x1928px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0154test.jpg
562KB, 2460x1928px
Hello /k/

I'm not a lurker here nor do I know a great deal about weapons. I'm from the United Kingdom and I own some woodland, i'm looking to get my 16 yr old son a air rifle just for target shooting on the land. Could anyone suggest a really good model for £70-£150? I know many of you may wonder why I just don't get him a real rifle. But, here in the United Kingdom it is a rabbit hole of joining clubs and licenses that I really don't have time for nor the money to join clubs.
>>
>>33674279
bump
>>
>>33674279
I have a Ruger Blackhawk, which is a nice little single-shot air rifle you can get for about 60 British bucks. Fires accurately, comes with a scope (usually), and will eat pellets just fine.
>>
>>33674279

Not sure what's available over there.

Back here I have one of the larger Gamo break barrel pellet rifles. It's alright, but if you use the lightweight high performance ammo, it makes a sonic crack and it's pretty unpleasant after a few shots.

I'd like to check out one of the gas spring powered ones, but I don't want to buy one just to check it out.
>>
File: Benjamin-Maximus.jpg (13KB, 560x579px) Image search: [Google]
Benjamin-Maximus.jpg
13KB, 560x579px
I would recommend the Benjamin Maximus or Discovery. I have the Maximus in both .177 and .22 and they are great entry level PCP rifles. Here in USA you can find them in a kit for about 329 with the rifle and the air pump you charge it with. These are worlds better then the single break barrel springers. I get about 50 shots at 980 fps in 177 and 900 fps in .22 and then have to pump it back up with about 75 pumps. There is no recoil unlike springers so you can use any scopes you want.
>>
OP, I'm from the UK as well

At that price range, you'll probably be best off going for a second hand springer, as they basically last forever and are great quality. I have a HW99 myself that I got when I was younger, but anything by Weirauch, Air Arms, Theoben and other big names you can't really go wrong
>>
i know little about air rifles, did i get a good deal?
HW85K for £130
>>
>>33674279
I reckon look around for a 2nd hand, break barrel Weirauch in good condition, they have excellent sights and accuracy
>>
>>33675332
PRUTTY GUD
>>
>>33675538
are you just memeing?
>>
Cucc tbeh
>>
>>33675559
nah, caps were locked

any HW at a cheap price is good
>>
>>33675618
its a old gun, 27 years, i think
>>
>>33674279
I've got a weirauch HW99s, which is quite a nice break barrel springer. You can probably get one in good condition for around £150-£200.
>>
>>33674279
Can you buy crosman there at a fair price? If so, as a burger I recommend pump over CO2
>>
>>33678688
>>33675324

what the fuck is a springer ... is that a name brand?
>>
Dont know about prices in the uk but rws makes some nice airrifles, its what i learned to shoot on.
>>
>>33678803
It's an just air rifle that works by compressing a spring between each shot. When the spring is released, a piston compresses air inside the rifle which creates the pressure necessary to fire.
>>
>>33674279

Let me cum on your ugly British wife
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.