[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are lasers on EDC's memes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

So here's my reasoning. I play airsoft every now and then (sue me), and I notice that every time I have to transition quickly from my M4 to my pistol, all that adrenaline makes me panic too much to actually do any good when I'm aiming. In a real-life scenario, I figure the situation will be very similar, in which the adrenaline and the excitement will make me lose all sense of my surroundings, considering the fact that I only train every other week or so. So having a lasergrip or something on my pistol would negate that stress-factor by a significant amount, right?

t. Casual Who Doesn't Want to Get Outgunned Because I was Fumbling Around Too Much

P.S.
I have a Smith and Wesson mp45c

P.P.S.
I like the concept of the laserGRIP, in which the laser is attached to the grip of the pistol, rather than the frame or the slide, but CrimsonTrace is the only non-shady company that really does this, and they charge, like, 400 bucks for just one goddamn laser. Am I being Jewed? Are they screwing me up the bum?
>>
>>33673067
I'm not convinced it would help when you're drawing under duress, and they are absolutely useless in full daylight. Personally, I can't see myself in a scenario where I would rely on a pointer for my EDC.

Could be useful, however, in a home defense scenario in lieu of night sights.
>>
>>33673104
>don't believe anything this guy says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRI1hS0ViCo

I have one on my USP, I can bullseye shit out to 75 ft one handed only using the laser to target.
>>
>>33673121
This guy is a huge liar trying to peddle his cat toys
>>
>>33673121
Go buy a 5mW red laser at walmart and tell me if you can see that in broad daylight on anything other than white paper
>>
>>33673121
Yeah no. I have a 5mw green laser/light combo, and it doesn't do this. No reputable maker of a gun light makes them stronger than that due to US laws. This laser is probably one of the stronger ones you can buy online, that's not really enforced. So you generally get stuck with a weak gun laser, or a strong laser that can't be zeroed and most likely isn't up to the task of handling recoil.
>>
>>33673067
Yeah, pretty much any reputable weapon laser is going to con you out of your jew gold. It's kinda the same with weapon lights. Is a surefire light really worth $800, not a fucking chance. I've seen the arguments for the pros and cons, and get what you want. I don't run them simply because I don't see anyone else who knows what the hell they are doing run them, and it saves my hundreds of dollars that could just buy a new gun.
>>
If the "dot" could be like the size of a silver dollar it'd be pretty nice. Higher power laser with a beam expander, collimated with 1.5" diameter so it's more like a flashlight with a super tight beam. Shouldn't be any higher risk of eye damage since it's the same intensity, just a wider area
>>
Hunting for the laser pointer dot is much slower than lining up irons. If you want something easier than irons use a pistol red dot sight.

The only thing laser pointers are good for is dry fire practice.
>>
>>33673067
train more.
Aisoft shouldn't count for too much because you're presumably fumbling with a $400+ replica and getting out a $100 gas pistol and you don't want to get either of those damaged so you're more careful. Don't go by airsoft you're usually running around and shooting all day there, your heartrate and breathing is gonna be shit, just train more with your EDC.
>>
>>33673508
Lazorz and red dots don't overlap uses. Lazor doesn't help if you're looking through the red dot, and red dot doesn't help when your aiming by lazor because you can't bring your weapon to sight properly.
>>
Honestly you have more idea of how you're going to react by playing airsoft than the fat neckbeards here who get their guns out once every other week to shoot at stationary targets.
>>
>>33673067

Lasers are dumb.

I know, because I have a couple of them (gifts from father in law, or came with used guns). My father in law thinks they are great, and as he ages he puts them on more and more of his guns. He is having a harder and harder time seeing his sights, so maybe they are good for that. We tried a red dot on one of his glocks, but that was a total mess, and was even harder for him than using his irons.

Crimson Trace ran ads promoting lasers for older shooters, and they support the "you will focus on the threat, not your sights, so your aiming method should work with your bodies natural instincts". I just feel like too many known top-tier shooters would use them if that was the case, but I can't think of any off hand.

Here's the litany of problems:

TRAINING
>Frontsight
>Press
>Repeat 80,000 times through the course of your shooting life
>get laser
>you are now fighting years of established muscle memory

VISIBILITY
>inside the house
>play with laser
>yep, there it is
>go outside to shoot
>where did it go?

I have several pair of Crimson Trace grips, a Veridian unit, a lasermax recoil spring replacement, and some chinese junker that came with a used gun I bought. None of them really seem functional outside. I spend more time searching for the dot than if I just aligned my sights and pressed the trigger.

Maybe if you have poor technique, and don't have proper sight alignment etched into your brain, you can use lasers to a better result, but I don't think it's a good idea.
>>
I've got a viridian c5l on my ppq and even in broad daylight I can easily see the dot 10 or 15 yards away. Plus you can make the dot or light pulse and it makes it much easier to pick up. Just takes some practice.
>>
File: 1481772105019.jpg (4MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1481772105019.jpg
4MB, 3888x2592px
>>33673067
>>33673067
I don't use them, but my CCW instructor who was a retired sheriff used one and said they have their purpose if you don't use them as a crutch. They are helpful in situations where you might not be able to acquire a good sight picture due to distance/awkward close spaces and whatnot. I've always preferred WML's due to the ability to illuminate the target, potentially blinding them, and still allowing a (shitty) sighting system if you for some reason cannot line up your irons.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.