[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of getting a concealed weapon permit in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1476381824839.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1476381824839.png
29KB, 741x568px
What's the point of getting a concealed weapon permit in states that allow open carry?

>with open carry you don't need to pass a background check
>you don't need a license of any kind of your state permits open carry
>potential threats will SEE your gun and be deterred from starting the incident that would cause you to use your firearm
>>
>>33672453
As long as this thread is here I might as well ask it.

Why are concealed carry classes a mandatory minimum length?

What do you do for 8-10 hours?
>>
>>33672453
because some states require a concealed carry permit to legally have a weapon within reach in your car. also open carry in public is for attention whore faggots.
>>
>>33672453
Cops don't like seeing your average /k/ spergs with a gun, ticket bitches use it as an excuse to check and run your id and cite you for dropping gumwrappers and jaywalking
>>
>>33672498
t. felon
>>
>>33672453
>sees your open carry gun
>shoots you
>takes gun.
>>
>>33672507
This. If SHTF you've made yourself the obvious first target
>>
>>33672507
Name literally one movie where this happens
>>
>>33672453
>Stared at like an autist wherever you go
>Can't go into places with "PWEES NO GUNS THX :^)" signs
>Likely to get kicked out of places that would allow CC anyways
>Pointlessly upset and draw attention from normies

The only reason to OC is that your parents never gave you enough attention and now you demand it from strangers
>>
Frogposting should be an automatic ban outside of >>>/r9k/
>>
>>33672453
Because with CC you can go about your business without being flagged as a dangerous asshole by everyone who sees you.
>>
I think a lot of the attention issues people get from open carry would go away if more people open carried and made it more of a normal thing.
>>
>>33672524
Real Life
>>
I recently moved to Las Vegas for work and haven't yet hit 21. I recently had the idea to try open carrying in the Strip because a gun in the open is better than no gun at all while I'm waiting to CC, except for every single business telling you to GTFO. Big problem is that some places own the sidewalks and can keep you from getting to a whole fucking destination for it.

Even places without a "no funs" sign might have rules against it and there's no way of knowing besides going in then spilling a gallon of spaghetti when they tell you to go away when all you fucking wanted was a god-damn cheeseburger.

It's really just 100X better to CC as to not deal with retarded business policies and, like what many others are saying, it makes you less of a target. Guns are expensive and plenty of less law-abiding people would murder you in cold blood for yours before you even had time to react.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.