[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Practical Rifle/Scout Rifle General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: unnamed (2).jpg (63KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).jpg
63KB, 512x288px
What kind of set up are you guys running for ammunition be it in mags or loose rounds? I ran some run and gun drills at the range and Im excited to get a more dynamic way to reload.

Im thinking of setting up a chest rig for some mags, seems it would be easier than reaching around behind yourself for mags while prone but having a couple on your left hip is good for off hand and crouching.
>>
File: 20170417_183044.jpg (789KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_183044.jpg
789KB, 3264x1836px
R8 me.
>>
>>33672138
>Scout Rifle

Guaranteed replies.

My hunting rifle has a hinged floorplate, so I'm loading loose rounds. I reuse the plastic liners that come in Federal ammo boxes to keep ammunition organized/quiet.
>>
>>33673005
Do you have one of the voodoo tactical pouches that take the plastic inners?
>>
>>33672138
>Chest rig

It's good for looking like an autist. Just hold your ammo in a configuration like >>33672792
>>
>>33672138

Scout rifle is a neat but ultimately useless idea. It came a hundred years too late to be relevant, but they're fun to build if you know it's just for fun.

Practical do-everything rifle is still a semi-auto, more often than not an AR. Especially with the variety of chamberings now. Still partial to my Saiga .308, even if it's a bit heavy for the role.
>>
>>33673324

>Practical do-everything rifle is still a semi-auto, more often than not an AR. Especially with the variety of chamberings now. Still partial to my Saiga .308, even if it's a bit heavy for the role.

I prefer a bolt gun for a number a reasons including but not limited to -

After a shot the rifle is safe until it is loaded again.

I can remove the bolt easily to secure my firearm.

No gas issues arising from suppressing a bolt gun.

A bolt gun can be field stripped and cleaned quickly.

Inherently more accurate than any semi I own.

Lighter weight and more streamlined to carry and sling.
>>
>>33673401

>After a shot the rifle is safe until it is loaded again.

Which is why, excluding some Glock rifle I don't know about, weapons have safeties. An understandable point, but really outweighed by the downside of the same thing, rechambering speed when you need it.

>I can remove the bolt easily to secure my firearm.

True enough.

>No gas issues arising from suppressing a bolt gun.

Also true. And one of the reasons that suppressed bolt guns are a hell of a lot of fun. But does not negate the advantages of a semi. If you own a rifle and a suppressor, and don't know how to use them, then you have no business being in the field with them. Training issue more than equipment one.

>A bolt gun can be field stripped and cleaned quickly.

Also true, but not relevant to most field conditions. I will give you a nod and say that the reliability of a bolt action is long-term superior, but all guns require maintenance, and I don't see practical advantages here.

>Inherently more accurate than any semi I own.

True at low cost only, and not by enough of a margin that an all-purpose rifle should be bolt-action.

>Lighter weight and more streamlined to carry and sling.

Very true. No arguments here.
>>
>>33673401
>what is a safety
>what is the rear takedown pin
>what is an adjustable gas block
>AR15 easily capable of 1moa or better, currently sitting about 1.25 on $150 Ballistic Advantage barrel, .65 on my Larue Stealth, buddy BA Hanson is about .70 for nice light-midweight profile
>what are flush cups/what is 7.5lbs unloaded

So you are a fudd moron. Good to know
>>
>>33673424

>comes specifically to a boltgun thread to get herself this butthurt.

If you enjoy ARs good on you, I shoot alongside them in practical matches all the time, a bolt gun suits me an alot of other people alot better. I am completely in tune with my rifle system and it suits me to a T.
>>
>>33673517
>I am completely in tune with my rifle system and it suits me to a T

My blade is like an extension of my body...
>>
File: images (4).jpg (14KB, 597x246px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
14KB, 597x246px
>>
>>33672138
>Practical Rifle/Scout Rifle
>>
>>33673097
No. I have pockets.
>>
>>33672138
Was thinking about picking up a Tikka T3 Lite in 308 to start precision shooting. My LGS has one for $550 OTD. Thoughts?
>>
File: against the wall, commie.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
against the wall, commie.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33673613
this guy doesn't know how good that feels.

this morning, i put a dime on the end of my revolver and worked the hammer and trigger seven times before it fell.

There is something special about a manually operated firearm.
>>
>>33673423 How to argue
>>33673424 How to be a cunt
>>
File: œ.jpg (280KB, 741x1024px) Image search: [Google]
œ.jpg
280KB, 741x1024px
cheap ass binocular pouches on belt with magazine inside. most of the time i just loop a federal gold medal match ammo holder through my belt and its a bootleg ammo belt.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.