[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why is expanding ammo banned in war while FMJs are banned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 223 and turkey shot.jpg (18KB, 448x311px) Image search: [Google]
223 and turkey shot.jpg
18KB, 448x311px
So why is expanding ammo banned in war while FMJs are banned for hunting medium to large game?

Seems like somebody is wrong and doesn't want to admit it...
>>
>>33671809
Because the Hague Convention was written by politicians, not soldiers. It's virtue signaling writ large.
>>
>>33671809
Because politicians are morons, and most don't know anything about weapons.

>better ket the guy bleed out slowly!
>muh moral superiority
>>
Non-expanding bullets are used, to not KILL another human, but have a chance to injure and take them out of battle, thus occupying more soldiers to remove fellow brethren from battle, use nurse(s) and doctor(s) to recover soldier, thus hurting that sides nation more than the soldier's life ending on the battle field.

Hunting is to ethically KILL one of God's beautiful creatures.

My 3rd grade teacher literally taught us this.
>>
>>33671872
A bullet is the most humane way a deer could go. Nature isn't rainbow dust and unicorn farts
>>
>>33671872
>My 3rd grade teacher literally taught us this.
That's the reason you're fucking wrong.

FMJ gives a soldier a better chance of not dying.
It's not made to wound him, it will still kill him but a little less often.

There is no "made to wound" bullshit in any military. You're never trying to hurt someone out of a fight. You're trying to kill him.

It's also slightly cheaper and easier to make while having better penetration through armor or soft cover.

Soft points are mandatory in many (not all) areas because there is no armor to go through. It's all tissue and the opportunity to use a bullet that maximizes taking advantage of physics for wounds is required.

Stop perpetuating this myth. Joking or not.
>>
>>33671872
classic fudd myth
>>
>>33671872
Where's your Hunter 3-1 Actual trip?
>>
>>33671885

ok but the fucking animal wants to live
>>
>>33672348
OK but I want to eat some tasty deer flesh and turning that animal into a carcass is the only way to do that.
I could either put a bullet through its heart and have it dead before it hits the ground or let it walk into a snare and kill it while it's scared and afraid.
Which would you prefer.
>>
>>33671809
>in battle you goal is incapacitate enemy
>in hunt your goal is to kill your prey

Or you could just be stupid amerifat and go: "hurr, durr war is just irl deathmatch and I'm am literal sociapath"
>>
>>33672680
no no i assume he would rather it be raise in captivity like the rest of the meat. Much more humane.
>>
>>33671809
You don't have to give the animal medical treatment after you shoot it.
>>
>>33671809
"shoot to wound" doctrine from when this was relevant, today it's because it's cheaper and has better personal armor penetration, which is what it will be getting shot at if and when major nations ever go to war with eachother again

JHPs / expanding ammo for taking down game is the obvious choice. humane killing, faster bleed out, and essentially your chances of merely wounding it without mortally wounding it are much slimmer. last thing anyone else wants to shoot a week later is some 8 point buck with a rotting infected bullet wound
>>
>>33673298
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX4ODh1g4eM
>>
>>33673262
Go be an "ironic" faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>33673325
Sweet it has that cavitation collapse luminescence that is some really high speed ammo. I been wondering for a few years now if that is one of the things that happens when people are talking about stopping power. Can't imagine how that'd feel if it really happened in flesh expanding and collapsing that quickly as if the penetration alone wouldn't hurt like a mother fucker.
>>
>>33673325
>0:42
BRAAAAAAAP
>>
>>33671872
Yes, you are (essentially) right.

Yes, the thread is massively misunderstanding you.

No, it doesn't matter what stupid /k/ thinks.

All that said, there are certainly situations where you would tactically prefer the more lethal round, but fmj does a jood gob (when not 9mm).

The thread should know that it may very well be true that it is a law created by naive politicians, but that doesn't mean the sum of the law equals the sum of those politicians knowledge.

>Fague Cuntvention
And the US of A is not a signer. Just a fucking FYI to you knowitalls.
>>
Because expanding ammunition is meant to kill extremely well with a single shot to center mass, while it's banned in warfare because politicians wanted the moral high ground, while generals realized wounding enemy soldiers is just better for draining enemy resources.

>You can blow an enormous hole in Vlad's torso
>Orrrrrr you can wound him past the point of being able to fight, and leave the other guy with someone screaming in agony who has to be treated lest their morale plummet

Conversely, FMJ ammunition does jack fuck for hunting because it's very likely to just run right through a large animal without seriously wounding them, has an ENORMOUS potential to overpenetrate in law enforcement and is oftentimes more expensive.
>>
File: calibers.jpg (104KB, 586x750px) Image search: [Google]
calibers.jpg
104KB, 586x750px
Because politicians are retarded, everybody uses small fast moving shrapnelling bullets nowadays anyway.
>>
>>33672052
/thread
>>
File: 1482630997938.jpg (58KB, 320x361px) Image search: [Google]
1482630997938.jpg
58KB, 320x361px
>>33672052
so no shit there i was in basic training when my DS dropped some bullshit on us and even informed us he is supposed to drop some bullshit on us.
>"we shoot to stop the threat, not to kill."
>"this is why the double tap is no longer permitted."
>"instead we now practice a controlled pair"

we are training to kill you, but make it look, sound, and feel like we are giving you every opportunity to survive and be on CNN later.

what the fuck has politics done to war.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.