[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup guys, looking for suggestions on improvised riot gear (not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 33

Sup guys, looking for suggestions on improvised riot gear (not bullet stopping power), just something that could withstand a solid beating/allow you to block a baseball bat with your arms/legs and maybe take a brick to the head. Lightweight and flexible enough to be able to fight back and run well would be nice too. I looked at motorcross armor and skii hemlets. Motorbike helmets seemed good but are heavy hot and restrictive, I live in a warm climate and riot gear/stab proof/bullet proof items get you jail time here (Australia). Just looking to make a civil unrest pack. I do legally own a couple of rifles that would solve most of my problems in this situation. So just looking for suggestions on what I could use? everything from feet to hands/head/face. I am generally curious on what you might use to outfit yourselves if law enforcement or military grade gear was not available.
>>
Just throw molotovs at the fascists from a distance.
>>
>>33671778
Fencing helmets.

Baseball helmets.

Really any sports equipment.
>>
Don't be in a riot.
>>
>>33671778
Football gear padding, baseball helmets, and motorcycle gear.
>>
>>33671778
>I live in a warm climate and riot gear/stab proof/bullet proof items get you jail time here (Australia)
>>
don't get in a fucking riot, or shoot people m8
>>
>>33671810
Does your mom know you're on 4chan and not looking for a job?
>>
>>33671778

Just but sUrplus riot gear you stupid faggot
>>
>>33672137
ausfalians are arrested for owning real armor.
>>
>>33672196
How about not going to the riot looking for trouble you dumb faggot?
>>
File: 49782592346590823745.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
49782592346590823745.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>33671778
>>33671964
>>33671996

>"What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?"
>I'm not wearing hockey pads."
>>
>>33672234
>>33672030
Not going to a riot but incase things ever get bad here and there is a USA style chimpout I would like so shit at my home.

>>33672109
I have 2 jobs and more money than I need hence I am wasting it on shit I probably wont ever have to use.

fuck I thought this level of salty faggot kids was reserved for /b/
>>
Chainmail under sports equipment is probably your best bet.
>>
>>33671810

Antifa are the only facists left.
>>
>>33671964
Fencer here, awful suggestion. Under hard force fencing masks won't hold up nor do they stay strongly secured to your head like other sports helmets and will likely fall off in a scuffle.
>>
just get some riot gear it's not illegal.
>>
>>33672317
Then spend your money on firearms instead of baseball helmets, and if you can't then move to a place you can.
>>
>>33672001
say its for religious purposes
>"sorry sir I cannot remove this, for you see I am a devout /k/ubeist and to remove it would be sacrilegious
>>
There seems to be a lot of bikers in the alt right party. Why not use them as cavalry to rout Antifa? Arm them with sticks, put them on their motorcycles, and let them loose. Antifacucks will run at these overwhelming odds.
Also deploy a squad of 10 people on foot with a squad leader of some sort. Not only would this be more effective on the field but it would also encourage each squad member to back each other up; not afraid of getting swarmed.
The squad leader should be distinguished by wearing a certain type of helmet or clothing. Instead of everyone wearing a mismatch of colors, why not get organized and create a standard uniform to improve cohesion?
This may seemed far fetched but someone should also bring a trumpet that would relay battle commands.
Wear a motorcycle helmet, a mask, and a durable outwear such as a motorcycle jacket or milsurp. Wear pads too.
I think some sort of phlanax thing would be pretty cool too. Shields and sticks.
Finally everyone should take up a combat sport such as boxing or Muay Thai. Learn how to defend yourself and this will help you out a lot against those wild haymakers
>>
>>33673147
I have a couple of rifles, this is semi practical and semi just a bit of fun.
>>
>>33671778
Im just gonna harden some leather and use hungarocell for cushioning and pvc/tin for further fortifiction where needed. Its worth try, at least a few meters of raw leather is cheaper than a set of motorcycle gear
>>
>>33673493
Thats not a bad idea but I am a touch lazy. I would happily drop a couple of hundred bucks on something easy.
>>
>>33671778
motor cycle gear
>>
>>33673662
maybe we could work together, I make one for you too and you buy it from me?
>>
>>33672921
How about neo nazis or alt right faggots
>>
Get yourself some surplus metatarsal protectors and shin pads.

Don't neglect the legs as they are the first things that get broke when you are getting rocks chucked at you.
>>
>>33673953
Last time I checked neither of those groups are showing up to assemblies or public speaking areas for the purpose of shutting down opinions they dont want to hear and physically assaulting those of the opposing viewpoint unprovoked.
>>
File: the gang.jpg (56KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
the gang.jpg
56KB, 539x960px
>>33673953
>it's ok to do violence to non-violent people if they're Nazis
>everyone I don't like is a Nazi
>Why is everyone calling me a fascist!? I'm the anti-fascist!
95% of people who you call Nazis oppose Nazis.
I'm a libertarian and I have 5 ex girlfriends, 4 of whom were a different race.
But I still get called a racist, white-supremacist, neo-nazi.
Fuck the left and their bigotry and violence.
>>
File: Samurai-Armors-e1436346492246.jpg (153KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-Armors-e1436346492246.jpg
153KB, 800x538px
>>33671778
Iron Mountain Armory has battle ready samurai armor reproductions that start at about $1000.

Samurai armor was basically ancient riot gear and is pretty comfortable, and since its a historical reproduction i doubt you can get into any legal trouble.

If you ask nicely they should be able to make it in matte black, grey or OD green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9OvaL2W6BA&t=465s
>>
>>33674006
You havent seen much then have you.
>>
>>33671810
>Fascists

Anon, do you know where you are? WE HATE COMMIES
>>
>>33675219
>Iron Mountain Armory has battle ready samurai armor reproductions that start at about $1000.
If you took the basic principles of samurai armor and built it using modern materials it would work extremely well. Make all the soft parts from layers of kevlar or the even newer polymers that are stronger. Replace all rigid parts with high modulus carbon fiber easy to make anything with modern pre-preg.
>>
>>33671778
>allow you to block a baseball bat with your arms/legs and maybe take a brick to the head.

Yeah. Wrap your arm in whatever you like and have your mate take a good swing at you with a bat.

Report back when you're up to typing again.
>>
>>33675695
>carbon fiber
Carbon fiber is absolute shit for impact resistance
Kydex would be much better in all respects
>>
>>33675695
Youre not going to get bullet resistance by replacing the fabrics with kevlar unless you wantit to basically be a half inch thick coat.

If you mean for stab and cut resistance then they already have chainmail on the joints and just about everywhere else has steel rings woven into the fabric.
>>
File: Sallet.jpg (31KB, 366x485px) Image search: [Google]
Sallet.jpg
31KB, 366x485px
>>33671778
Get thee to a smithy
>>
>>33675328
hows your gender studies class going?
>>
>>33671778
Either do this >>33675219

Or if you have the tools and capability you can follow this guys videos on making armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP3YPzGGFXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8uTeKeIfa0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5QZJCnduCk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3my6pRit0Q&t=4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJOtJ0CI7tM

The samurai armor is going to be a lot easier to get and a lot less likely to get you arrested but it'll cost more, making it should be cheaper but it'll take a lot of time and effort and your more likely to get shot by police if things go wrong.
>>
>>33671778
Ducttape phonebooks to you rbody
>>
>>33675117
>I'm a libertarian and I have 5 ex girlfriends, 4 of whom were a different race.

You aren't a Libertarian, you are a degenerate. Race mixing violates the NAP.
>>
>>33676992

>Having sex with who you want violates the NAP
>We need a state to outlaw this free expression of will

Just admit you have a power fantasy
>>
>>33674006

There's a brilliance in this. The end game for the Alt Right is the elimination of those rights (unless the individual is a libertarian), but unlike the Antifa they are smart enough to know that they can get sympathy points and recruits by appealing to those very same rights.

Violence only works at stopping Fascists if EVERYONE comes out in support of violence. If they don't have a Cable Street style crowd, the Antifa are basically viewed as larping faggots.

So NAZIs spout some bullshit about killing all the jews, Antifa takes it seriously and responds incorrectly, the NAZIs cry "freedom" and then most people end up supporting the NAZI. Antifa doesn't understand how politics or people work so they continue using the same methods when they didn't have popular support to begin with which sends more people in favor of NAZIs.

It's a wonderful thing if you're a right winger.
>>
>>33673953
He said antifa
>>
>>33677025
>not knowing that none whites are a demographic which correlate with the degeneration of capitalism, which warrants exterminating them

If you support the existence of none whites in a Libertarian system, you aren't a libertarian
>>
>>33673166
Wtf kind of autism is this?
My daughter is diagnosed autistic and she doesn't even say shit this weird or delusional.
>>
>>33677145
Attempts by ANTIFA to radicalize the enemy so their boogeyman comes to life.
>>
>>33675219
tfw you will never charge a horde of peasant antifas in your glorious samurai armour
>>
File: Fechtjacke_Axel-Pettersson.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fechtjacke_Axel-Pettersson.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>33671778
Get a HEMA jacket, they are designed to absorb impact from blows and protect your innards.
>>
>>33671778
logger hardhat, the full brim aluminum kind. you sound like an enterprising individual so bonus points for getting a sheet of polycarb and making a face shield
i'm not sure if they're sold there but look at carhartt jacket-shirt things. I work on a ranch and have never had something punch through them, but it's not gonna protect you from blunt force. maybe if you taped some metal to the inside for reinforcement. also get some high-leg work boots (logger boots, cowboy boots, anything with thick soles and that offers good support)
knuckle-protector work gloves, and a good tough shirt. tape gloves to shirt.
most respirators will stop teargas so go to a hardware store and get one, some safety glasses too.
as for pants or actual armor I can't really help. maybe spearfishing gear?
>>
File: sa.png (442KB, 713x659px) Image search: [Google]
sa.png
442KB, 713x659px
>>33677947
I mean, you can.
Im sure you could put together just over $1000 with a few months of penny pinching.
>>
>>33678076
Would he be able to sew a sharksuit between two cotton t shirts to make some sort of armor, do you think?
>>
>>33678228
ehh, maybe. you'd have to be a damn good seamstress to pull it off but it could be done. alternatively, wear it under a coat that would hide it and wear an undershirt so the metal doesn't scratch the shit out of you.
>>
>>33678262
I guess, if you wanna be all practical about it or whatever.
>>
>>33673166
>Ave, True to Caesar
>>
File: sca best hobby.jpg (238KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
sca best hobby.jpg
238KB, 1024x765px
>>33671778
SCA war-legal heavy fighting rig will run a couple-three hundred bucks at most. Plus the traoning is free. Just show up for fighter practice on the weekends.
>>
Are you trying to be Batman IRL? You realize that nothing that you can reasonably by in Commiestrailia will protect you from a serious bat swing, right? One good thwack to your midsection with an aluminum bat will have you on the ground, where the commies will proceed to kick the stuffing out of you.
>>
>>33680486
>Walk up to smelly Antifa commie
>"Degenerates like you belong on a cross"
>Get popped in the mouth with a stick and shitstomped
Worth
>>
File: wsn-598_1z.jpg (208KB, 1444x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wsn-598_1z.jpg
208KB, 1444x1600px
>if only there was a sport wherein a certain position had to deal with the threat of blunt trauma all the time, and had, over decades of R&D, developed a lightweight set of protective equipment!
>>
>>33681731
What sport is that equipment for?
>>
File: 1492237045107.jpg (43KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
1492237045107.jpg
43KB, 600x584px
In a never happening SHTF scenario, would you rather wear riot gear or bulletproof gear? (if you couldn't do both together for whatever reason)
>>
>>33681839
Bulletproof and then conserve ammo, bug the fuck out. Let the cunt fight amongst themselves. If/when you decide or need to reenter, conceal everything about yourself including the fact that you have armor to the best of your ability. If it's kevlar, treat with non-newtonian fluid to increase rating.

But I'm some fat guy on the east coast with neither so what would I know?
>>
File: removecommunists.png (601KB, 1059x827px) Image search: [Google]
removecommunists.png
601KB, 1059x827px
>>33671778
I CAME HERE TO MAKE THIS THREAD

CVC is fire resistant so thats nice

Not pictured because im lazy, MICH helmet and RAT boots.

Is this a good setup?

Looking for pads. I am mostly concerned about vertical strikes to the collar bone with blunt objects.
>>
>>33681785
Hockey goalkeeper or any similar position
>>
>>33680535
Can confirm, my brother does this and I've handled some of the gear they use.
Shits purpose built to withstand being beat on all day by what are essentially baseball bats
>>
>>33676623
That guy's stuff looks pretty fucking sweet.
I just need power tools.
>>
>>33682087
>Comic book Entusiast in full costume Found Dead in a Gutter Saturday
>Reports Say That The Victims Had 42 Stab Wounds to The Abdomen
>Strangely, A Wooden Sword Was Also Found Lodged Firmly Up His Rectum
>>
>>33682409
henlo

are you still mad about berkeley?
>>
>>33682442
Henlo Nazi
Helllo you STINKY Nazi
Go punch a dyke ugly

[spoiler]Why are so many people willing to play dress up and punch people in broad daylight, but doing it at night is Autism tier? I want my real life Batman godammit[/spoiler]
>>
>>33682470
Protecting free speech is larping these days.

Sorry I hate faggot ass communists who beat women and old men.

Im sorry you don't like me anon. Maybe we can still be friends desu. Now can you recommend me some shit that will protect from vertical strikes to the collarbone by a blunt object?
>>
>>33682559
Senpai I don't disagree. Anyway, why is your loadout completely devoid of bodyarmor? Any sensible vest will protect your collarbone and the rest of your fucking chest. If you're serious about wanting to be protected, then maybe the Cook Suit from Breaking Bad plus a wooden sword isn't the best loadout.
>>
>>33677064
>I'm a libertarian
>except people have to act in manners that I approve
>>
File: why not both.jpg (17KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
why not both.jpg
17KB, 288x288px
>>33675333
>>
>>33671778
>riot gear/stab proof/bullet proof items get you jail time here (Australia).
Jesus Christ.... What a communist shithole.
>>
>>33671778
>jail tiem

Says here its not illegal to buy riot gear in Asstralia

http://www.justanswer.com/australian-law/5qcsb-just-wanted-know-legal-not-buy-riot-gear.html
>>
>>33676992
Hispanics and Jews are Caucasoid.
Deal with it, fag.
>>
>>33673166
>doing this
Okay, this is why nobody likes you faggots. Not because you go out beating on people, but because you constantly circlejerk about doing it in even more brutal ways than the antifaggots, and then use the 'b-buh we arent the ones going out to rallies starting fights!' excuse to justify everything.

Either stop talking big talk and stop perpetuating your statist president-worship, or start going out there and bopping commies on the head. I'm tired of having to constantly see threads get shit up with 'how do we kill duh commies' when you faggots can't even manage to gain the balls to even go out and murder a trash can, much less a communist.
>>
File: 1344119748617.jpg (2MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1344119748617.jpg
2MB, 1280x853px
>>33671778
Australia def has some kind of SCA style organization. Find out where they're having an event, buy a set of armor from them. For a helmet I think that ones shown on the right of this crowd, without a face guard, could be useful, mainly because that would let you have goggles and a respirator in case of tear gas or mace. Not sure though
>>
File: 1338252301474.jpg (292KB, 1049x708px) Image search: [Google]
1338252301474.jpg
292KB, 1049x708px
>>33684953
>>
File: 1489084784194.jpg (106KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
1489084784194.jpg
106KB, 1024x624px
>>33671778
>>
>>33671778
American football upper body, hockey lower body, dirtbike boots, oakley gloves, thickass powerlifting belt worn only a little snug and just a bit above where you'd normally wear a belt, and some sort of sleeve armor shit with steel inserts.

I'm working on my own shit, actually. American Antifa need to learn there are some people who can't be fucked with. My standards may be a bit looser though. I don't care much about mobility as long as I can get off the ground and run a 10 minute mile pace.

I plan on including goggles and vapor mask as well, maybe some musician earplugs to normalize the sound. Fuckers have taken to throwing some pretty kickass firecrackers and there's always the general loudness of college kids throwing a hissy fit.
>>
>>33672257
I always thought that was a weird line. Nolan is a shit writer in general. so what his vigilantism is justified because he has a lot of money?
>>
>>33685005
rich people typically understand shit better, are better prepared, and have more defined goals. hockey pad faggots just see "I wanna be a hero" and run at it haphazardly.
>>
>>33677051

>The end game for the Alt Right is the elimination of those rights (unless the individual is a libertarian),

Stopped reading right there. The "Alt-Right", like many political groups, may be filled with a bunch of retreads that just want to cause havoc, but you clearly don't know what their goals are. Fuck off back to /pol/, the lot of you.
>>
>>33685217
The alt right is literally anti-constitution and anti-freedom. They're anti-fa with more charisma and a different face.
Throw them both out of helicopters and the country will be better off with less people perpetuating the divide and conquer strategy that the media and the politicians have set out to keep themselves and their buddies getting reelected.
>>
>>33684953
We have the SCA exactly, Ironfest is happening in a few weeks time and they're a big thing, I'm keen to see them.
>>
>>33685251
>The alt right is literally anti-constitution and anti-freedom. They're anti-fa with more charisma and a different face.
The "alt-right" is a political label attached to a far fringe of the right that has been apart of American Politics since the 60s and the ANP. Just like radical leftists gained a foothold at the same time and literally started throwing bombs in the 70s. It is a way leftists can label and demonize their political opponents because nazi and racist have lost their touch.
>>
>>33685217
>The "Alt-Right", like many political groups, may be filled with a bunch of retreads that just want to cause havoc, but you clearly don't know what their goals are.

The Alt Right, as coined by Richard Spencer, explicitly have those goals.
>>
>>33682659

Duh. Read a book. Libertarianism is not about individual liberty. Demographics which correlate to a degeneration of a voluntary capitalist system (gays, jews, blacks, etc) must necessarily be removed in order to maintain a Libertarian system. Race mixers contribute to the degeneration of such a system and would have to be removed.
>>
>>33685251
>>33685340
But you're talking about the specificly outlined "alt-right," not the general term which most people just see as a bunch of conservative-leaning people who are fed up with mainstream repubs being fuckin cucks. You really should not focus on specific definitions of political names. That's antifa shit.
>>
File: 1490897709409.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1490897709409.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFrjZwD8Dss

Auburn today, lads
>>
>>33671778
a gun
>>
File: AF-RMXP-7.jpg (93KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
AF-RMXP-7.jpg
93KB, 600x400px
>>33671778
You could do this.
>>33675219
Or get a Redman suit and a can of black spray paint for around the same price, and i dont think they're legally considered armor.
>>
>>33689896
Too bulky. Hockey pads , motocross armor, or any kind of sports armor or pads is far better.
>>
>>33689960
For what OP wants, just cut away at some of the joints and wear knee and elbow pads and these things are pretty invulnerable to anything short of a speeding car or stabbing with a beefy knife.
>>
>>33671810
You meant throw at antifa and commies right
>>
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
For head protection, bell has a helmet thats modelled pretty closely to a riot helmet with a flipable visor.
And since its a bike helmet you cant get into legal trouble by owning it.
Its actually called the bell riot helmet.
>>
Motocross roost shirt and chestplate or Endurocross armor. Durable and looks cool.
>>
>>33685251
This is cancer holy shit
>>
>>33671810

If by fascists you mean the commie antifa people who violently and brutally attack others for expressing their beliefs, then yeah
>>
>>33692134
I wonder if it will fit over a gas mask. That's a nice helmet.
>>
>>33683975
Ha what ? They are called semites for a reason.
And hispanics are mulatto or mestizo.
>>
>>33672196
What has the world come to?
>>
>>33692134
Damn, that's awesome.
>>
>>33694804
>I don't know the difference between race and ethnicity
>>
>>33684985
Quality post. I didn't know about musician's earplugs.
>>
>>33673166
>Deploy a squad of 10 people on foot with a squad leader of some sort.
Reports from Berkely indicate that situational awareness is extremely important, Keeping an eye out for when to stand firm/when to advance, when to flank/when you're being flanked, when your buddy nearby is about to catch a bottle to the back of the head etc. Make sure you're backing up your comrades.
>The squad leader should be distinguished by wearing a certain type of helmet or clothing. Instead of everyone wearing a mismatch of colors, why not get organized and create a standard uniform to improve cohesion?
Uniform ala antifas mall ninja black hoodies is important in avoiding legal consequences, you don't want witnesses or the media to be able to ID you or your clothes. Marking a leader does the exact opposite of that. Bad idea. Similarly, a cheap outer layer that can easily be discarded (coupled with a change of headgear) can help keep cops from picking you up in the aftermath.
On the other hand, the woman-punching manlet from Berkely looked reespectable af swinging his fists in a preppy blue oxford and tan trousers - makes for sweet pr. A flag decal on your helmet or streaming from your cub might do a similar job.
>This may seemed far fetched but someone should also bring a trumpet that would relay battle commands
A megaphone that can be used to either shout commands or lead chans of U-S-A etc can be had for pretty cheap.
>Wear a motorcycle helmet, a mask, and a durable outwear such as a motorcycle jacket or milsurp
I wouldn't recommend a motorcycle helmet; poor vision/hearing, too easily pulled off and then swung into your face, poor ventng when not riding at speed. A helmet is definitely essential given the bricks being thrown about at Berkley (seriously, they looked lethal) but I'd want some sort of military surpus helmet with a chinstrap. Lauren Southern had a pretty good looking setup.
>>
>>33672001
just wear a hijab and you'll be good
>>
>>33673953
>thinking the alt-right is a real thing and not a meme
>proving yet again that leftists are the dumbest members of society
>>
>>33685368
>libertarianism is not about individual liberty

>>>/pol/ is that way
>>
>>33695541
The baseball helmet seems like a good way to go, a lot of protestors were using them. Just go for a quality piece.
>>
>>33675333
>>33690256
>lefties acting like fascists by demanding extra rights and silencing or being violent with people they dont agree with
>anons just instantly assume the poster meant republicans because they're overpressured and brainwashed by the media into thinking the antifa aren't fascists.
Nice anons. It's like losing your footing in a fight.
>>
>>33695719
>Fashism == every Person who Users violence to achieve political goals
>>
Is there a "best" baseball helmet to use? I was originally planning on the bell riot helmet (motorcycle helmet) as suggested by another anon but someone else said that they're easy to get ripped off your head. Is that true? I mean, it has a chin strap.

The whole idea is to specifically buy shit that seems like you didn't specifically buy it.
>>
>>33694776
Maybe, might want to keep the face shield open if you want to do that.
>>
What are the best affordable helmet options in places with actual human rights?
>>
>>33697609
see >>33684975
>>
File: IMG_0593.png (1005KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0593.png
1005KB, 750x1334px
>>33681785
>What sport is that equipment for?
I dunno anon...
>>
File: 1490945788098.gif (397KB, 700x625px) Image search: [Google]
1490945788098.gif
397KB, 700x625px
>>33697857
Sh-shut up
>>
>>33695705
If your concept of liberty relates to individuals rather than property, then you aren't a libertarian. Which means if you are arguing for Individual Liberty and calling yourself a Libertarain, you are at best cannon fodder. At worst, a shill.
>>
File: 2017-04-19 16.21.49.png (673KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-19 16.21.49.png
673KB, 1080x1920px
>>33698604
>knowing the what libertarianism actually is makes you a shill

I'm sorry words don't fit your made up special snowflake defitinitions.
>>
I came up with this. This should be quick and easy to put on or take off in a hurry as needed, the gear should fit in the helmet except the vest which you can wear underneath the polo under which may be whatever undershirt you want (I recommend a neoprene or rashguard kinda thing) and it should provide decent armor. It could be improved by forearm or shin guards, but that'd make it less quick to put on and take off. The kneepads that I have on there are good. You're more likely to need knee protection than shin, specifically, from what I've seen.

If anyone has any suggestions or something, lemme know. Always willing to improve it.
>>
>>33699453
I'd recommend wearing a tight-ish hoody over it which you've cut the hood off of so it can't be grabbed, vest over the polo, and gloves duct-taped to the polo sleeves. Polo tucked in. Have a pocket knife on hand to cut the tape if needed. Consider getting the fireproof gloves if you wanna throw shit back, but don't ever try to throw back the M80s. You'll blow your fucking fingers off. Also, if you see someone putting M80s in glass bottles, take that motherfucker out top priority. Him and people with padlocks at the end of chains.
>>
>>33699453
>>33699494
The second post was me samefagging. I realized it kind of sounded like I was replying.
>>
>>33699453
Replace the knee pads with shin and knee guards, and you could cut down on cost by not buying such expensive clothes.
I have 3 pair of wrangler cargo pants that were about $15 and have lasted me comfortably for 4 years.
Also as much as i love Bell's riot helmet, a standard good quality bike helmet, shatter proof goggles, and a respirator would be cheaper and better.
>>
>>33700477
I tried hard to find shin and knee guards with great reputations, but every one I looked at had complaints of people getting chemical burn or inconsistent craftsmanship such as a different set of straps than usual being on them.

Is there a set you like? I'm afraid I'm unable to find a set myself that I'd trust to give to anyone. I intend to create sets of equipment, create a training manual, document ANTIFA strategies, and some other shit and then disseminate the packet to anyone that wants it. ANTIFA would get their hands on it too, but those lanky faggots are less likely to actually do something with it.

You're right about the clothes, too.

Regarding the helmet, one of my biggest concerns is keeping the helmet on the wearer's head even when swarmed. I don't want it able to be kicked off or torn off in a scuffle. Is there a baseball helmet you trust that has some method of being secured?

Thanks a ton, btw.
>>
File: TE583_500_1.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
TE583_500_1.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>33699453
>$590
For that price you could buy an actual set of riot gear.

Damascas ForceFlex riot gear costs about $400-$500
>>
>>33672317
if you're going to waste your money on stupid shit at least get some weed or alcohol and have fun. Don't waste money on some crazy scenario where you might for some reason be in a riot on accident.
>>
>>33700647
I'd like to bring the cost way the fuck down. I wanted to design it so that someone could ditch it all if they felt the need to (either hide it or just leave it behind) and for it to be innocent-looking enough for someone to be able to get away with the explanation of happening to have had it on-hand. I also wanted it to have a respectable appearance, have our overall tone be one of civility and professionalism in the face of their absurd ISIS cosplay.

If you can think of ways to bring the cost down and still maintain that overall appearance, I would love to hear it. That kind of statement is usually made sarcastically, but I mean it genuinely. This is the best I can do and still have confidence that someone would be sufficiently protected by following it.
>>
>>33700767
thrift stores.
>>
>>33700806
Well yes, of course, but I cannot query/predict thrift store availability or pricing. Finding alternatives they personally feel are superior is up to the individual, such as already having a piece of equipment on hand. I'm sure many people here have kneepads of some sort already; craftsmen, soldiers, etc.

Thank you, though. I should probably mention it in the document.
>>
>>33700767
Try getting a secondhand leather or heavy fabric jacket and make a coat of plates out of it with Kydex. The same would work for rio-ready Levis with Kydex knee cops and shin splints riveted to the inside. A thin layer of closed cell foam behind the plates would seem advisable as well.
>>
>>33671778
>Australia
Can't you just fill some jars up with venomous spiders and throw them at people?
>>
>>33700880
My intent is to have the set be able to be shed at a moment's notice and replaced readily. Disposable gear which may be explained away if apprehended while wearing as just being some stuff you happened to have laying around for one reason or another in addition to being as innocent-looking as possible to not draw attention.

Your ideas are good, but require significant craftsmanship on the part of the wearer or the outsourcing of its creation, and I'd rather have piecemeal professional-level gear that may be used at least once at full effectiveness for certain before needing replacement even after heavy contact. I also want it to be breathable to prevent heatstroke considering the typical conditions of a counter-riot. In fact, I should probably add a Camelbak.

If this were just for me, personally, the search would have ended already and it would've been much as you say.
>>
File: sca pennsic.jpg (273KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
sca pennsic.jpg
273KB, 900x600px
>>33700997
There is no craftsmanship involved with Kydex. You snip it into whatever shape you please, put it in the oven, shape it while hot, and rivet/glue/sew it to whatever articles you desire when it's cooled. It's cheap and easy to work even by creatively-impaired apartment dwellers, and will stand up even under repeated beatings by Sir Beergut with his rattan stick. For rigid body protection I fail to see how better can be done.
>>
>>33701029
Hmm, I'll look into it, but it would require the shedding of the apparel which was armored wouldn't it?

I'll look into it and include it as an alternative; make a detailed tutorial for this context. Thanks for the suggestion. Any further information you can provide in this vein would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>33701054
>it would require the shedding of the apparel which was armored wouldn't it?

...what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUVhAKXm254
>>
>>33701078
I mean in the case of having to ditch the gear to disappear into the crowd. My sets are being designed for counter-protesters which are coming into contact with ANTIFA. Those cunts are putting M80s in glass bottles, cracking skulls with padlocks at the end of chain, stabbing people, using bear mace, just a bunch of heinous bullshit that oughtta get them classified as domestic terrorists. An M80 in a glass bottle is a low-power grenade-type IED, even more dangerous than merely throwing them into the densely packed crowds which they also do.
>>
>>33675219
Damn it would be cool to see a set made with molle on it. Shame it will never come to pass...
>>
>>33701377
That'd be silly.
>>
>>33677064
>If you support the existence of none whites in a Libertarian system, you aren't a libertarian

WEW

An anti-antifa thread turned into an incoherent /pol/tard rant in which delusional conservatives betray even their own principles.

I guess this is why we like to keep /pol/ shit in /pol/.
>>
File: Jesus_Bust_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg (37KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Bust_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg
37KB, 340x450px
>>33671778
>>
>>33701545
It's ANTIFA false-flagging, homie. Wise-up.
>>
>>33695541
>but I'd want some sort of military surpus helmet with a chinstrap
For a thrown brick, a mountain bike helmet with viser/chin guard would be adequate. At least for the first one or two.

You should probably perform a tactical retreat after the first time you get hit in the head with a brick.

>>33685368
>Libertarianism is not about individual liberty
This is why we don't take neo-cons seriously.

>>33700926
>Can't you just fill some jars up with venomous spiders and throw them at people?
You're throwing it at australians, they'll just scoop up the spiders and throw them back.

>>33671778
>motorcross armor
Have a look at Draggin Jeans. They have a range of garments with protective inserts and padding, obviously designed for sliding down a road rather than a fight but some of them might stop a knife and they'd all make good underlayers.

>>33685005
>I always thought that was a weird line. Nolan is a shit writer in general. so what his vigilantism is justified because he has a lot of money?
Batman has always had the view that he's the only legitimate vigilante because he's better at it. He's constantly telling other people that they're not good enough to be vigilantes and will just get hurt so they should fuck off. It's a genuinely fascist viewpoint but Batman never stands up to serious political analysis because it's a comic book.
>>
File: Star Wars Lance Battalion.jpg (103KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Lance Battalion.jpg
103KB, 720x406px
>>33684917
It's still fun just talking about this shit though. Don't you want to hop on a bike, hit the throttle and point that massive, long, hard metal pipe you got at them?
>>
File: HRB-STW.jpg (631KB, 1147x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HRB-STW.jpg
631KB, 1147x1200px
>>33701377
They do custom work, and the armor is hand crafted so you could ask and maybe they could.
It would be an odd order but i cant imagine it would be too difficult for them.
>>
>>33702202
That looks ridiculous.
>>
>>33702309
You look ridiculous.
>>
File: 1491145917239.jpg (30KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491145917239.jpg
30KB, 400x225px
>>33703368
>>
>>33678052
This looks pretty neat, how much do they tend to run?
>>
>>33702202
Just imagine a wall of fucking stormtrooper samurai standing against a mob of antifa
>>
File: impact.png (78KB, 446x634px) Image search: [Google]
impact.png
78KB, 446x634px
Concept, dense foam such as EVA foam sandwiched between layers of kydex.

When hit the hard layer of kydex would distribute the force across the foam which would compress, absorbing a lot of the force like a spring.
>>
>>33671778
Motorcycle gear, it is made to survive accidents at 120 km/h
>>
>>33681785
bowling
>>
>>33699453
5.11 and SWAT are the shit.
>>
File: 0409172219a.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0409172219a.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>33671778
The best armor is the armor you make yourself
>>
>>33684917
Because fooling around and becoming a freedom hating criminal are different things.
Stop projecting, you pinko faggot.
>>
>>33707539
deets
>>
>>33671778

Motocross chest and spine protectors with the plastic arm guards. Motocross lag protectors. In Aussie land you can get a cricket keeper helmet with the face mask. Under that wear ballistic goggles, not glasses, goggles. And a respirator with a couple filters on hand to switch between different threats, whether you just need fine particulate or gas protection.

Under the motocross armor try to get as much Nomex or equivalent clothing you can get. If you get hit with a Molotov the Nomex undersuit will buy you time before you burn to death.

Get some heavy wicket keepers gloves so you can toss tear gas canisters or take rubber bullets to the hands which are very delicate. Carry a cricket bat, you can literally smack tear gas canisters back AND beat on Antifa faggots. You are an Aussie faggot so you can probably use a cricket bat, and since you can "scoop" shit off the ground with one it's ideal for tear gas.
>>
>>33683812
Its also not illegal to own bb guns, but you try importing one into Australia.
>>
File: Nerds.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nerds.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>33671778
Books.
>>
>>33707539
Someone lays a hammer on the helmet, the mesh's welds pop, tossing the razored edges of the mesh into your eyes.
>I made a huge mistake.
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.