[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 56

File: Untitled2.png (1MB, 1202x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
1MB, 1202x900px
What is the cheapest I can buy or build an AR-10?
>>
>>33671358
>cheapest
You're not going to like it.
>>
>>33671358
http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/db10ckmb-p-58026.html
>>
File: Marlin_336_action.jpg (75KB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
Marlin_336_action.jpg
75KB, 600x331px
From what I can tell, most common lever action rifles, like 1894s and Marlin 336s, lock up by pushing a big piece into the bolt like in pic. But then the Savage 99, and modern pump action shotguns have bolts that lock into the reciever itself, which to me seems way stronger and cheaper. Is this true, and if so why doesn't anybody make a lever/pump action rifle with this mechanism?
>>
>>33671358
$900 at PSA.
>>
File: bobbygadsen.jpg (80KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
bobbygadsen.jpg
80KB, 960x636px
anyone got buying guide for Mini 14 Rifle?

how do ya'll like the mossberg 590?
>>
>>33671358
$561 shipped to your door after 15% off code. of course, this doesnt take into consideration the labor youll have to do for the 80% lower
>>
>>33671989
im a dummy, i forgot the link. i have noaffiliation with these people, ive never even heard of them, but you wanted cheapest OP
>https://thundertactical.com/collections/80-308-lower-receivers-stripped-308-uppers/products/308-complete-rifle-kit-with-80-lower-receiver-and-20-barrel-assembled?variant=39539646278
>>
>>33671670
They do make pump action rifles like that. Pretty much all centerfire pump action rifles lock up like that.
>>
Does anyone know where I can buy a lightweight, pre-built ar upper for around $400 USD? I plan on building off of it significantly in the future to lighten it up more, but for now I just need something to top off the spare lower I've got sitting around and to act as a "base" for future work.
>>
>>33671358
Complete rifle for $750
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/delton-de10-308-16-black-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
>>33672117
Threw one of these on my 15 and I love it.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-5-56-nato-1-7-melonite-pencil-profile-moe-freedom-upper-w-out-bcg-or-ch.html
>>
What is the best Winchester 1895?

What does "round barrel" mean with model 1895's?
>>
>>33671934
It's massively out of date.
Expect to pay about $600-700 for a 2nd gen and about $500 for a 1st gen. They're getting scarce because ARs are pushing them off the market, but there are good deals sometimes if you look around and get lucky.

1st gens all have a 180-194 prefix, 2nd gens have 580-584 or so. GBs are good and they have a bayonet lug/flash hider, they will say GB on the receiver tang. If you find one buy it.

2nd gens have shit-tier rear sights that need to be replaced with a tech-sights unit if you intend to use them at all.
>>
Has anyone else had issues with lee dies? ive had both 7.62x54r and .303 expanders torn out today. Everything was lubricated and tighened properly and its once fired brass, ive no idea why they seem to work for a bunch of people online and the two ive got fucked up.

Im probably just going to pick up a set of redding dies for both if i cant get them to work, sort of disappointing but they were the cheapest dies in the store
>>
File: 1462215710658.jpg (256KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1462215710658.jpg
256KB, 640x1136px
>>33672612
thanks for the info,

i'm more worried about the issues of 1st gen that were remedied by 2nd gen. if you got the info, i'd appreciate the filling in
>>
You want to buy a built AR-10. The AR-10 design is not standardized like the 15 is, so it's a PITA trying to piecemeal one.
>>
Is a P938 good for carrying? I get a huge boner when holding one.
>>
>>33672777
First and foremost the 1st gen is a ranch rifle that is not meant for tactical applications. It has a very thin barrel that heats up very quickly (in part because the Mini-14 has terrible heat venting issues and in part because of poor support beyond the gas block, which is why people use struts), once this happens groups open up from mediocre to absolutely horrible. It's very frustrating, but the rifle is designed for shooting 1-5 rounds and then letting it cool off. This was in some way intentional since bill Ruger was a hyper-fudd and hated the idea of selling anything remotely tactical to civilians, which is why the GB with it's thicker barrel was a government exclusive.

Pretty much the second he died the rifle was re-designed for a thicker barrel, which people have been begging for since it came out. It still has stringing issues due to the lack of support, but it's much less severe and it is a viable tactical rifle in addition to remaining a very handy ranch gun.

Another issue was the extremely worn out tooling. Towards the end of the 1st gen's production the tooling was extremely worn out and many rifles were made vastly out of spec. Magazine lock-in dimensions vary and cause some 1st gens to work well with one type of magazine but not another. I briefly owned both a 1st and 2nd gen and was amazed at how both loved factory mags but had vastly different preferences on aftermarket ones. As a result of this, reliability can occasionally be a problem on older models. Usually they'll chew through anything given a magazine they "like", but newer models tend to be a lot more consistent.

I think the only step back with the 2nd gen was the rear sight. 1st gens were shitty, but generally work. The 2nd gen has an absolutely shit-tier cast aluminum unit with a steel-screw retained aperture. The steel screws quickly eat the aluminum threading and walk loose, rendering the rear sight utterly useless since it just flops around.
>>
>>33671358
for some reason my front sight uninstalled right to left, and the rear sight went out left to right on my ruger 10/22. Is this common?
I've always heard out left to right
>>
Is aluminium cased ammo bad for a gun?
>>
>>33673019
No, but some guns don't cycle aluminum ammo very well and some ranges don't allow it because they like to jew your brass as a secondary source of income.
>>
Does anyone know if Resident Wumbologist is gonna answer this question as well?
>>
>>33673076
Yes, he will.
>>
>>33673019
>two i's
britbong be gone
>>
>>33672544
Nice. I have the exact same one.

Pencil barrels are the best. Haven't had a chance to shoot groups with mine yet though.
>>
>>33672860

By no means am I looking for a tactical rifle, it's just meant to shoot paper and sit loaded under my pillow at night.

Shame to hear about the rear sights of the 2nd gen, can they be remedied or am i doomed to have jiggly sights? I would also hope to hear that factory magazines are not hard to find. Again, appreciate the info.
>>
If my next purchase is over ~$1000, does it become a red flag for the shop employees if I pay in cash? Is it common for gun shops to refuse large cash payments? It's not like the government doesn't know what you have because you're already filling out a 4473, but since I pay for pretty much everything but utilty bills and insurance in cash, I prefer it when my bank doesn't have all my transactions logged.
>>
>>33672544
That actually looks right up my alley. Do you know how much fhe upper weighs on its own by any chance?
>>
How is the quality of the Rock island armory 1911's. I don't want to pay 800+ for a 1911 range toy.
>>
>>33671358
Scandal in Bohemia, OP?
>>
>>33674670
I honestly really like the performance on mine. I insert 45 acp and it poops out bullets all day erry day.
>>
What's the difference in the steel in medieval helmets and more 'modern' steel pots? Just thickness?
>>
>>33674747
I was thinking either 45acp or maybe 38 super. How are the sights on it?
>>
I want my first shotgun and I know that mossberg 500/590 are recommended as well as the 870, but I really want a double barrel. Am I gay?
>>
>>33674768
mine are hot garbage. but that's cause it's a GI style. I mean they work, but they're teeny and are just parkerized. they need to be swapped out.
>>
>>33674786
only if you like traps. otherwise double barrels are cool enough.
>>
>>33674788
Can they use standard pattern 1911 fiber optic sights or does rock island have proprietary sights?
>>
>>33674763
almost nothing honestly.

the steel pots were more to act as hard hats, protect from light shrapnel, and the army noticed a long time ago soldiers with a helmet are generally more brave because they feel safe.
>>
File: 20170322_141410.jpg (721KB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170322_141410.jpg
721KB, 1536x2560px
>>33673270
It works.
>>33673320
>can they be remedied or am i doomed to have jiggly sights?
Yes, spend $75, rip them off, throw them in the trash and install tech sights. There is a new set from Williams or something but it isn't any cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/Tech-Sights-MINI200-Adjustable-Aperture/dp/B006KN7ZZO
>factory mags
Widely available now but fuckheap expensive. The 2nd Gen metal reinforced Tapcos work well and are like $15 a pop. I've had good luck with John Masen mags for 10-rounders.
>>
I have an old style arms 18 split rail mount that I want to put on a 1993 M1A(golden era receiver), and im having an issue.

So when put the mount on the receiver the side mounting area seems to fit in the slot, and the rear rail fits into the stripper clip guide slot, and the front rail is spaced high enough with the set screw alligned. However, when I tighten the side mount screw tighter than figer strength, the mount moves closer to the receiver causing the front rail to move off center to the right. On closer inspection it seems that on the inside of the mount on the side mount area, it has a curve, while the receiver contact point is flat. So when i tighten the side mount the mount curves onto the receiver causing this issue.

My question is, should i put a spacer on the side screw to prevent that? Or should I grind the mount to make it flat? Or should I loctite the screw at hand strength?

What do you anons think I should do?

I want this mount to work, because it looks like itsa part of the rifle compared to other mounts, its a split rail which makes it easier to remove any malfunctions, its low enough that I can use iron sights, and i got it for free, so i dont have to spend 250$ ona new mount.
>>
>>33674670
You kinda get what you pay for in that they aren't the prettiest but they usually function pretty well. And if they don't then you buy better mags while customer service takes care of you. The wood grips are a bit thick since they're likely just blanks and the GI sights are as but you aren't limited to those models.

Lots of guys choose to swap out the small parts for various reasons
>>
>>33672585
I assume there are octagon and round barrel version
>>
>>33674968
I would attempt a spacer, locktite (blue, not red of course) and grinding in that order.
>>
>>33674814
Bump
>>
What would you guys pay for a Ruger 10/22 .22lr? I'm wanting to get it as a first gun but not sure what is a good price to look for.
>>
Sorry for reposting the same question but last thread died almost right after so.
Where do you buy new guns at the /k/ approved price?
I keep hearing about $300 Mossberg 500's on /k/, yet the ones at my lgs are $350 online plus $30 in-store markup/transfer plus tax, total around $420.
Then I hear about these $450 something gen3 glocks, only to find them at $590 at lgs and $550 at Cabela's, probably before tax.
Buy online and the transfer fee is $30 at lgs.
Do you all have great stores around or are you guys parroting prices from a decade ago?
>>
>>33675186
Probably ppl just parroting bs. But there are some good deals, you just go to look for them
>>
>>33675186
Gumbroker and watching your LGSes like a hawk
>>
>>33675186
do you use slickguns and wikiarms? That's how i keep track of the prices of most guns. gunbroker for other stuff.
>>
File: 0417171306.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0417171306.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
just bought a LNIB gen 2 G19, still has factory grease/anti seize.

Whats a good value estimate, and is it worth it to just leave it untouched in the (original) case?
>>
>>33675186
I don't know about the mossys but you can find police trade in Glocks for about that. Got a Gen 4 police trade in with night sights for about $460 after shipping and transfer maybe two years ago and I can't imagine they have gone up in price since then.
>>
>>33674948

Let's hope the one at the LGS has these 200$ upgrades already; I'd hate to have to turn a 700$(?) Rifle into a 900$+ one. Regardless, the rifle is very enticing to make these upgrades seem worth it. Cheers
>>
>>33674732
10/10 deduction
>>
>>33674814
proprietary.
>>
>>33675833
fuck you i live in MA and have been dying to grab a gen 2 g 19. howd you do it
>>
>>33676208
Connections and work
>>
>>33671358
>guy randomly murders another guy at gunpoint yesterday Easter Sunday

liveleak.com/view?i=e01_1492374141

Would the blood from being shot in the head appear that fast and spread that far?

>inb4 conspiracy theorist or false flagger
I simply have no knowledge of how this stuff works
>>
>>33675174
Around $200-250. Ideally buy new and take care not to let the steel screws eat the aluminum receiver.
>>33675186
Varies greatly by location and store. For example CA has inflated prices on most gubs across the board and especially guns that are rare because of difficult mods to comply with AW laws or off-roster handguns. But because I'm in a sprawling urban area I can check a wide variety of stores and find some really good deals eventually.

If you live in the middle of nowhere with only one FFL that prices out the ass you're stuck with their shitty prices, policies and selection unless you can order stuff online or are willing to drive a long-ass way to buy a gun. Even if AR-15s for example are abundant, legal and cheap but the only dealer in a 100 mile radius wants $1000 for a used carbon-15 then that's what they go for.
>>
Is 6 to 7 cents a round too expensive for Remington thunderbolt 22?

It feels like too much to me, fucking hell it isn't primo stuff.
>>
>>33672544
>>33673270

How accurate have they been? Have you used any .223 hunting loads through them? Thinking of sticking an optic up top and using for coyote, rabbit, and/or hog up to 200 meters. The rabbit and,pig will probably be quite a bit closer, but you know what I mean
>>
>>33677395
I've shot at 100+ at clays with irons. Furthest I've done so far. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll take it out and go further, I have an optic now even though it's just 3x.

I've heard mixed things about PSA upper accuracy. Anything from 1.5 moa to 3 or 4 moa.
>>
>>33671670
BLR
Henry Long Ranger

>stronger and cheaper
stronger? definitely, but cheaper to manufacture? Nah.
>>
>>33675186
317 here
Gun store around here is super cheap. I got a Glock 19 gen 4 for 570 before tax new.
>>
>>33677182
Yes
>>
File: image2.jpg (606KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
606KB, 2160x3840px
/k/, I need help removing dirt. Pic related is on my SKS, and for the love of all that is holy, I cannot get this fouling off the crown. My initial fear was some sort of crown damage, but close inspection with a magnifying glass and a bright light shows that it's perfectly smooth with no dents or chips missing. I've tried scrubbing it with a cloth and Hoppes, but that's not doing the trick. Should I leave something on it to soak it, or should I take something more abrasive to it?
>>
>>33677510
Try a very strong solvent or degreaser like brake cleaner. Just make sure you don't get it on anything plastic.
>>
>>33677510
>should i use an abrasive on the crown
Umm, no. Not unless you're actually recrowning it.

Soak the muzzle in Kroil for a day or two. Probably many other solvents would work, Kroil is just what I use.
>>
>>33671358
Thinking about picking up a tikka t3 lite in .308 from my LGS to start shooting precision. My LGS has one for $550. I'll think its would be a great beginner gun. Thoughts?
>>
Any /k/ approved way of fixing a sticky Mosin Nagant bolt?
>>
Just bought my first AR.
Best prices/places to look for mags? What's a good pricepoint generally?
What mags are shitty, what are good?
>>
>>33676748
Yes, the "headshots don't bleed" meme needs to die. There is a shitload of blood needed to supply oxygen to your brain, eyes, etc. The reason you don't see it in most videos is because the blood, tissue, bone, and viscera are getting blown out of the skull at almost the same speed as the bullet displacing them. But once it gets a chance to pool, it will quickly appear. Watch the R. Budd Dwyer suicide video for a good demonstration of this.
>>
>>33678087
That's a hunting rifle, not a "precision" range rifle.

Have fun waiting 20 minutes between shots for that thin barrel to cool so that the consecutive shots hit in about the same place.

You'll want a heavy profile barrel if you're planning on doing much bench work.
>>
>>33678257
hex mag and p mags are good. you should be able to find for under $12. Use slickguns and wikiarms.
>>
>>33676800
Alright thanks for the advice dood.
>>
File: C5rRhYmWUAA8Loi.jpg large.jpg (94KB, 736x1047px) Image search: [Google]
C5rRhYmWUAA8Loi.jpg large.jpg
94KB, 736x1047px
How does one go full /k/owboy?
>>
>>33678412
sassnet.com
>>
>>33678289
This. I live in a ban state and hex mags come unpinned at 15 rounds so I buy those a lot. But the couple p mags I have seem sturdier. If and when I move to America, they're probably gonna be my go to.
>>
Anyone here use an offset red dot as a backup for a variable scope? Any tips or advice on doing something like that? Was planning on doing that with a Burris Fastfire 3.
>>
>>33678412
>buy land
>buy guns and ammo
>buy horse and saddle
And this one is the hardest:
>grow a brain so you can use them all
>>
>Tfw wanna sell some guns
>Tfw no one around me wants to buy anything
>Tfw don't wanna deal with pawnshops

fugg
>>
>>33672671
Yeah my main issue is the non-locking seating dies, I've been stuck on either RCBS or Hornady for dies since. Hornady has awesome customer service and a no questions asked replacement policy on their dime.
>>
>>33674670
I've heard nothing but positives about them except that they are simply dull.
>>
>>33679588
Generally unnecessary but can be fun. Something light like a RMR (or that Burris Fastfure) is less cumbersome than an Aimpoint H1 knockoff. If your variable scope is 1-X...I wouldn't recommend the offset dot sight.
>>
>>33677510
Why bother removing it? Just curious, it's not exactly the most accurate gun and I doubt the carbon on the crown will effect it noticeably.
>>
>>33680072

Sell them to me, anon.
>>
I've somehow got a wild idea in my head, so now I want to know if it is true or not.

Can you unscrew the detonator assembly (Pin, spoon, detonator) from the rest of a fragmentation grenade?
>>
>>33680072
buyer's market unless you have something really special.

armslist.com, gunbroker.com, any local/state gun owner websites
>>
File: 1491148549687.jpg (3MB, 5075x3383px) Image search: [Google]
1491148549687.jpg
3MB, 5075x3383px
Anyone know the thread count for a Yugo O-Pap? Trying to change my muzzle device.
>>
>>33680241
My thought process was:

>walkin to hunting spot/personal range
>see bunny/boar 25-50 meters away
>wanna shoulder and pop off a round quickly
>don't wanna take forever finding target in scope while standing
>oh yeah
>tilt.jpg
>bang
>dead thing
>great short range accuracy without fucking with scope

Or am I just retarded?
>>
what is the best CZ for CCW?
>>
Is it worth it to try and talk down a price at a major retailer?

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a Baikal shotgun (aside from "they're ugly"?)
>>
File: IMG_1534.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1534.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>33681424
Cz-75 D PCR
>>
File: Star Super B.jpg (1006KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Star Super B.jpg
1006KB, 2592x1944px
I bought one of pic-related, cleaned it, had a hard time getting it back together, took it to a gunsmith, when I got it back the hammer doesn't make consistent contact with the firing pin. Gunsmith says it's probably a tired hammer spring, but has no idea where to get one. Anyone know where to get one? Or a reasonable replacement?
>>
Thoughts on the LR-308 DPMS Oracle? I see them go for low $700 shipped. I just want something new and I am bored.
>>
File: MI-8 truck.jpg (249KB, 994x633px) Image search: [Google]
MI-8 truck.jpg
249KB, 994x633px
Does anyone know where I can buy 7.5X53.5 or .30-40 Krag for a decent price?

>>33674948

Since you seem to know a lot. I'm thinking about getting one for some casual shooting.

I've got the choice between a Mini 14/30 right now. Which would you recommend?

Does the Mini-14 have any troubles with handling steel cased .223? Is there any serious difference between the two? The Mini-30 has a synthetic stock on it currently and I'm not a fan of that. Can I just purchase a standard wood stock off a mini 14 and slap it on the .30?
>>
>>33680936
Standard for 7.62x39 AKs, 14x1LH.
>>
>>33681658
P-01 is the same thing except with a rail.
CZ-75 Compact is the same thing except steel frame.
CZ-2075 RAMI is the same thing except subcompact and steel.

All are excellent choices, I say. I'd pick the RAMI over the rest for CCW just for size's sake.
>>
File: IMG_1313.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1313.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33672544
>>33673270
>>33677395
I have a bastard build PSA mid-length 1:7 nitride freedom upper with BCG and CH, Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40, on an XTS riser with Nikon P-Series rings. This was my grouping at 100 yards using my truck door as a bench rest.
Hornady match .223 75gr BTHP. It's been a decent pig killer, just bought one of those green hog feeder lights and gonna try to shoot some pigs soon with this rifle again.
>>
>>33671358
Cost right around treefiddy shipped but it has to go through an FFL
>>
File: MuzzleSomething.jpg (689KB, 2200x1463px) Image search: [Google]
MuzzleSomething.jpg
689KB, 2200x1463px
>>33671358
I tried to post this in the ROK thread that it came from (>>33658628) but they're over the image limit.

What's that thing on the muzzle? Only one guy has it. There are a bunch of other pics with them in the same thread, of ROK forces though this guy doesn't look ROK.

Sometimes everyone has one and sometimes only one or two guys have them.
These guys have some on a few guys but not the rest >>33659802
>>
>>33677182
nah it's not. ive had good luck with thunderbolt out of my .22s. I mean you might see it pop up for 5c here and there but it's likely to be around 7c from most of the cheapest places.
>>
>>33683951
It kind of reminds me of the XM177 flash hider.
>>
File: IMG_3598.png (478KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3598.png
478KB, 750x1334px
Thoughts on using aero precision for my first AR build? $99 seems pretty inexpensive but I do plan on spending more for the internal components and the barrel
>>
>>33684369
The actual flash hider looks like the flash hider you mention but to be clear, I'm talking about the red thing attached to it that appears to be blocking the muzzle.

The guy next to him doesn't have one and in a lot of other pics, only some guys generally have them.
>>
>>33684397
Question part two. I've been spending a couple months reading, researching, asking questions, looking at parts, etc. because I like to make sure I do things right the first time. Am I looking into it too much? Should I just start buying parts and putting them together or did everyone take a lot of time on their first build?
>>
Would 7.62x39 be overkill against a cat?
>>
>>33684419
Can you really have too much kill?
>>
File: derp.jpg (30KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
30KB, 720x403px
>>33684399
That's a blank-firing adapter.
>>
>>33683951
It's a flash hider with a blank firing adapter. Cause you need back pressure to cycle the action when using blanks
>>
>>33684435
I would just prefer the critter be in (mostly) one piece. I'm not a fan of scrapping roof rat into a trashcan with a spatula.
>>
Should i buy a Sharps rifle in 45-70 or Winchester 1873 in 45 Colt?
>>
>>33684527
Also considering a Deagle in 50 AE
>>
>>33684443
>>33684481
Thanks a lot anons. Now that I know it's name, it's easy to go look it up on wikipedia.
>>
>>33682043
I don't have the .308 model, but the 556 oracle has been very good to me. Everything people shit talked about was completely false. And I've never heard anything bad about the .308
>>
>>33684527
The sharps is cooler to me and way less common. And as for the deagle, plz do. Which one?
>>
>>33680176
It would be a range toy. I'm more concerned about the sights, I prefer a fiber optic front sight on my pistols
>>
>>33684397
Aero is great.
>>33684410
Just do it, it's not rocket science. Also you might find that your preferences are different than than you expected once you have the thing built.
>>
Are SCCY pistols any good?

I'm torn between the historical factor of a Makarov chambered pistol (either an actual Mak or a Polish P-64) and the cheaper, more plentiful 9mm ammo, but I don't want to spend 500 bucks on a Glock or similar pistol. SCCY caught my eye from their price, and having recently held one for a bit at a LGS I'm tempted to get one of those.

200-300 bucks is my price range, but I also want to use the gun to take CC classes, as in my state you need a separate purchase permit for each handgun you buy, which costs 5 bucks and takes either 2 weeks or 30 days to get.

Leaning towards getting a Mak pistol, because once they're gone they're gone; I can always get something chambered in 9mm.
>>
>>33684828
So Sharps or Deagle it is, if I were to get the Deagle it'd be whatever I could get the best deal on, preferably without a bottom rail
>>
>>33671358
I have a similar question to Op but for a Ar-15. I have a list of part I want to use but I don't know if there may be something cheaper for better.
BCM Complete Lower No Stock Crusader etching
BCM Stripped Upper
LMT Enhanced BCG
BCM Charging Handle LG
BCM 20 inch Barrel Stripped
BCM KMR Alpha 13
BMSMIL Battlelink Minimalist Stock
BCM Mod 0 Comp
Patriot Ordnance Dictator Gas Block Rifle length
Aero Precision Iron Sights

I plan on adding a Trijicon Acog later on and just wish to get the rifle up and running with the bare minimum. The current Price I found out runs about 1600 estimated. The price will probably drop as I'm buying these over about half a year.
>>
I've been looking into a .300 blackout SBR, does anyone know of any brands to look for or stay away from? Should I look into a piston driven system?
>>
>>33677421
It's worth noting that the BLR and Long Ranger are also box fed and fire spitzer bullets, so they're generally more modern levergats. I've also seen videos of the Long Ranger getting sub-MOA groups off a bench, so it clearly works well for accuracy too.
>>
>>33673337
Shouldn't be a problem. I actually go to the bank and pull out cash ($1800 max so far), then go down the street to to make purchases. I do this because I like my lgs and they will give me 1% off the purchase price (slightly less than what it costs them to process CC). I’m not any worse off getting a 1% cash discount compared to lousy CC reward points.

Also, $1000 isn't enough to raise concerns. A lgs that does decent volume will deal with lots of cash transactions.
>>
>>33684399
Blank firing adaptor for training.
>>
So, I'm thinking about building a 9mm AR type pistol/SBR around a New Frontier Armory lower and an 8.5" barrel. Mostly as a cheap to shoot range toy (shoot 9mm at a 100yd target).

Can I use a 9mm pistol can (with a fixed barrel adapter) on this without damaging the can?

Is this whole thing a stupid idea?
>>
>>33673337
its no problem, stores love cash. ive paid cash for a car before. with the car, its only an issue if the cash amount is over $10k, then they want to know where the money came from.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good IWB holster for an M&P 9?
>>
File: IMG_3605.jpg (102KB, 750x1109px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3605.jpg
102KB, 750x1109px
>>33687144
I have a kydex holster from CYA supply co. for mine and I love it. But for me it was an upgrade from a POS uncle mikes holster so there may be better ones.
>>
>>33675833
Did you get that from AIM?
>>
>>33683701
Post results when you do. Also, I'm counting 3 in the 8-ring and 2 in the outside of 7. Is that right?
>>
is mossy oak realtree style camo worth it for hunting or should i just get some cheap milsurp camo like flecktarn or something?
>>
>>33688712
I honestly think you'll find mossy oak/ realtree stuff easier and cheaper than a lot of surplus stuff. That being said, I've used both surplus and commercial stuff (m81 woodland, flecktarn, multicam, and realtree) and either works.
>>
What's the most I should pay for an SKS and Mosin?
>>
>>33689962
are you a burger? it also depends on what kind of sks and mosin
>>
>>33689988
yes and I don't have a real preference.
>>
How do tritium night sights perform at sunset/dusk? All photos or videos I can find are inside in a pitch black room. Are they a worthwile upgrade if my carry gun already has those glowing sights that need to be charged up? A small flashlight is already part of my edc
>>
>>33689999
mosin for $200-250, SKS for $350-400 though they can be found for a little cheaper, and they do go much more expensive for rarer ones/nicer examples etc etc.
>>
>>33681077
No doubt, that'd work. I have a 1-4 and just leave it at 1x for the walk in and then flip it to 4x when I'm in the stand. Takes some conscious effort but has worked great for years. Also look at the Vortex Strike Eagle as its 1-6.
>>
File: R_Lee_Ermey.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R_Lee_Ermey.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>33671358

Do Argonians lay eggs or do they have live births?
>>
Is $550 after tax & background check too much to pay for a Hakim in good shape?
>>
>>33690582
I'm curious about this as well. Also, do khajit give birth in litters?
>>
>>33690434
Will do, sounds better than spending the extra money and adding extra weight if its not necessary.
>>
Besides legal ramifications, which I'll look up later, are there any drawbacks to reducing trigger pull? Jams, durability, etc.
>>
AK related:

Can we expect the price of the AK pattern to decrease over the next year? I've seen shops practically giving away m&p handguns and even a few radio adverts for MIR (never ever heard or seen any gun advertising before that). AR parts and even whole rifles come through my email on sale daily as people try to dump stock.

Not AK related:

Girl is on birth control, I pulled out, and I'm fresh off a shitload of test C and tren E so my sperm count should be low as shit. Any chance she's pregnant? She's freaked out and it's fucking my day up.
>>
Finally moving to freedom what's a good first non .22 rifle for range/HD use? Ease of maintenance is important as this will be the first firearm I own personally
>>
What is the lowest realistic price I could pick up a Pre-94 AR for and where about could I find one? The ones on gunbroker always get crazy high.
>>
File: IMG_4999.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4999.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
What kind of warrior is this guy supposed to be?
>>
File: IMG_4998.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4998.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>33692346
>>
File: qIVvpS0c.jpg (42KB, 728x577px) Image search: [Google]
qIVvpS0c.jpg
42KB, 728x577px
What makes the best el cheapo cleaning kit/accessories to clean my 44 and 36 caliber black powder revolvers.

I bought the cabelas kit but it is absolute shit and the rod comes apart as im cleaning.

Are the hoppes kits any good?

Where can I get jags without paying for an entire set?

Where is cheapest/best place to get brushes?

Would a hoppes pistol cleaning rod work?

Could I also use it to brush the chambers of my rifles?

(I have no rigid cleaning rods only otis)
>>
How does one ship guns through the mail ? What about antique firearms?
>>
>>33692461
Pretty sure you just have to find a local FFL gun dealer (you can find one on google) and for a fee (usually around $30) they'll send the gun to another FFL dealer where it can be picked up by whomever you're sending it to.
>>
>>33672814
Yeah it's fine if you're cool with safeties >>33672860
>>
What targets do you guys use? I've been using these for a while https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0106NUHDA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm kinda wanting something new, any suggestions?
>>
>>33692461
>How does one ship guns through the mail?
Through an FFL.

>What about antique firearms?
Pre-1899, just take it to the Post Office. It is preferable if the gun is already packaged.
>>
>>33691792
Any configuration of AR you could buy in 1993, you can buy in 2017. Build whatever you want.
>>
>>33692736
Why are some people so against safeties? If you don't like it, don't engage it. I've never had mine snag on anything. I even practice drawing and firing with the safety engaged and usually stay at or below 2 seconds.
>>
>>33671358
What combination of parts do I need to make my Glock 19's trigger feel as much as possible like a DA revolver trigger?
>>
>>33671358
I bought a complete upper for 200 and a complete lower for 250. The lower was a "blemish" part as it had a tiny scratch just above the grip. Brownells has decent deals on everything but lowers, look around locally for deals on that as shipping and background check fees from the FFL will quickly eat your savings.
>>
File: blem.jpg (14KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
blem.jpg
14KB, 370x370px
>>33671358
I bought myself a blemished PSA carry handle for my birthday.

What should I expect? How fucked up will it be? Is it just luck of the draw?
>>
>>33692737
I like the 8-inch glo-shot circles. They go on sale from time to time on amazon.
>>
>>33692407
I hate kits. I go on Midway and buy two one-piece rods, a bronze brush, and a brass jag for each new caliber I acquire. That way I never have to fool with attachments, and I'm not paying for crap that I don't use. Dewey brand, it's cheap and excellent quality.
>>
>>33692407
Forgot to mention, chambers are a different diameter. You can get chamber brushes that fit into pistol cleaning rods, or just use disposable cotton swabs.
>>
>>33677395
I haven't shot it enough to get conclusive results, but the preliminary results are encouraging. Besides which it won't be any less accurate than a standard barrel if you're shooting it cold. We're talking heat stringing if anything, so if you intend to hunt unless your strategy is doing mag-dumps then 200yd shouldn't be a problem.

As for nitride finish, it actually interferes with accuracy less than chrome lining does.
>>33677182
I wouldn't pay much for remshit .22LR, the only consistency is that it's consistently shitty. Only a few of the guns I've owned reliably cycle it. Same for Aguila.
>>33682822
I don't know as much about the Mini-30s, my experience revolves around the 14, so that's what I would recommend.

A mini-14 should eat any kind of .223 and 5.56, the ones I had all ran steel flawlessly. Even Tulammo, although sometimes the first round binds up on releasing the bolt, requiring a quick tap on the op rod to force it in battery due to the rough polymer finish.

I believe the 30 and 14 stocks interchange, if you're not sure go to a gun show or dusty old gun shop and buy a used wooden stock for like ~20$, if it doesn't fit it's probably the mag well and that can usually be tweaked.

I know for a fact they USED to make factory wooden-stocked Mini-30s, so wooden stocks for them do exist in the wild if you need an original.
>>33690582
Well, they have tits, so I suppose any attempt to have realistic lizard-like biology for them goes out the window. Then again if you play Argonian in Skyrim the other Argos refer to you as "egg-brother" or "egg-sister", which implies eggs.
I'm going to go with eggs.
>>33691003
That wouldn't be so far out there. It's like having a much higher likelihood of being born with fraternal twins than humans.
>>33692346
>>33692356
Roman Gladiator.
>>33693671
Blems run the gauntlet but it's usually minor. People often get a blem and waste way too much sleep wondering what qualified it as blemished.
>>
>>33678412
>2x SAA clone in .45lc
>pre-1900 lever action clone in .45lc
>12 guage coach gun
>gun belt
>bullet bandolier
>cowboy boots of choice (personally like Ariats and Double H's)
>Wrangler or Cinch bluejeans
>western button up shirt of choice
>belt
>belt buckle (DO NOT wear a prize buckle you did not win yourself)
>cowboy hat (resistol is good, Stetson is better. Palm is a good material, felt is dressier and more classic)
>roper spurs
>spur straps
>large bone handle knife with leather sheath (boot or belt knife)
>small bone/wood handle pocket knife i.e. "Texas toothpick"
>bandanna

>an old, fucked up quarterhorse gelding with one eye and missing teeth that everybody calls "grandpa", "lucky", "dusty" or "rusty" but somehow still has enough fight left in it to outrun and outmaneuver much younger horses (every barn has one)
>roper saddle
>leather over-under whip you don't dare use because you know grandpa will buck you the fuck off if you lay a finger on it
>split reins
>sweet iron curb bit
>leather bridle (with brow band and throat latch so injuns don't yank it off)
>hobbles (for "parking" your horse without something to tie it to)
>2 gun sheaths
>one saddle bag filled completely with ammunition
>one saddle bag filled completely with nonperishable food and survival gear (i.e. flint and steel, medical supplies)
>waterskin
>rolled wool blanket
>rolling tobacco
>rolling papers
>lariat

Don't think I'm missing anything but if I am feel free to chime in.

Source: ranch hand
>>
Quick question regarding ATF classification on the legal definition of a rifle. Does it have to have a 16 inch barrel and be 26 inches long or can i be under 26 inches as long as i have a 16 inch barrel or vice versa?
>>
>>33674853
Lindybeige?
>>
Ctrl+F
C-a-n-a-d...

Phrase not found.

I only got one response in a previous /QTDDTOT/, but is there an approved resource for information on 22lr rifles?

Anything to avoid (companies), any must-have features?

Earlier, I was looking at the Ruger Takedown Lite.
>>
>>33695607
just try start by watching and reading a bunch of reviews. Sometimes people complain about those takedowns because of the small amount of aftermarket parts. Personally i recommend an S&W M&P 15-22. great all round rifle, accurate, fun and customisable. 10/22s are cool also, but there are so many different ones out there - the quality varies.
>>
>>33695565
>Does it have to have a 16 inch barrel and be 26 inches long
Yes.
>>
>>33684243
After I read your post, it "rereads" as,
>I have no spine
>I will over pay for what has historically been shitty ammo
>I soothe my ego with mental gymnastics

I mean, the only reason to buy crappy 22 ammo is training for "nothing," so why not just pay for good 9mm (or better) at good prices instead of bad 22 at bad prices?
>>
>>33696020
Dänke!
>>
File: IMG_5785.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5785.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Got this MAK-90 for a pretty good price. Some fuck used spray paint on it though. What's my best option for cleaning it up and making it look fresh again?
>>
File: 1482587596158.jpg (342KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1482587596158.jpg
342KB, 1512x2016px
So I'm still really new to shooting and this was like, a mix of 25 and 50 yards unsupported
How did I do, considering I'm still new to shooting? And why was I pulling left?
I was using an AR-15
>>
Are the insides of AK bakelite pistol grips relatively hollow or is there just a small clearance hole for the bolt to fix to the receiver?

t. A britbong that wants his airshit AK to have pretty bakelite furniture but is not willing to butcher authentic plum furniture to fix to his toy
>>
>>33684410
If money isn't an object then put your thought into barrel and optics. Everything else just buy what you think will work and be aesthetic. If you don't like it then swap it out. If you really fuck up the worst thing that happens is you spend a bunch of money and end up with most of the parts for a second rifle.
>>
File: fakelite.jpg (426KB, 696x3692px) Image search: [Google]
fakelite.jpg
426KB, 696x3692px
>>33698384
Here's the solution to your problem.
>>
>>33691689
There are no legal ramifications. If it's a full sized pistol just call it a target gun, a target gun with a light trigger makes sense. If it's clearly a carry gun then you just have to assert that it helps with accuracy. If anyone has a problem with you removing Jamal and not hitting bystanders they should be shot too.
>>
>>33691697
Pulling out is more effective than condoms or the pill. It actually says so on the little booklet that comes with the prescription.

T. Father of three
>>
File: 1487034470827.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487034470827.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>33698509
Thank you, hopefully this will work on ABS grips aswell

Here is a nice gif
>>
i want a good cheap .357 magnum revolver with a 3 or 4" barrel. is the eaa windicator/taurus stuff any good or should i save up more for a s&w or ruger?
>>
>>33693671
most of the time you'll have a hard time finding the blem. Honestly if it bought a blem anything i wouldn't care as long its structurally sound and functional.

bought a blem 1911 frame from them and couldn't find the blem
>>
I'm thinking about trading my M44 for a sporterized no.4 mk1 smle. Is it worth it?
>>
>>33690434
How would you compare the strike eagle to the primary arms sfp 1-6?
>>
>>33691003
A Khajit's birth is determined by the phase of Tamriel's moons
>>
File: TDP-SP1U.jpg (21KB, 400x207px) Image search: [Google]
TDP-SP1U.jpg
21KB, 400x207px
>>33696309
After reading your post I really wonder if your name is Toshiba.
>>
>>33692983
Must be nice, living in a free state.
>>
File: 1490552060826.jpg (79KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490552060826.jpg
79KB, 576x1024px
I'm about to buy a gun on gunbroker with a money order for the first time, can someone please give me a step-by-step on how the process for everything goes?
>>
I remember hearing that on early steel warships, the masts were functional, and sails would be used on occasion. I haven't found a picture of this, was it true?
>>
>>33701317
Here is a steel warship with quite obviously functional sails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Warrior_(1860)

It was common in early steamship days for not just warships, but any ship, to have functional sails to add speed if the wind happened to be favorable.
>>
>>33701400

Oh I know about the Warrior. But I've heard that about ships years later, even The Olympia as an example.

Sorry for not being more specific.
>>
>>33701436

I think similar ships were capable of it, but I haven't seen a photo.
>>
>>33671358
My dad got an AR-10 recently that was less than $800 new.
>>
File: dYvhHbl.jpg (25KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
dYvhHbl.jpg
25KB, 457x480px
My gun range has informal military surplus competitions, the guns have to be older then 1964, and close to standard configuration.

What would be the best bolt-action option to get into that?
>>
>>33671358
Take me step by step through buying a mosin online in PA as if i was retarded
>>
File: IMG_20170419_213550833.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_213550833.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Sometimes when I go into a bad neighborhood I carry this in my pony tail. If a cop stopped me how fucked would I be?
>>
File: 208006-ee.jpg (20KB, 462x640px) Image search: [Google]
208006-ee.jpg
20KB, 462x640px
>>33701901
Switch to a manbun and get another one.
People will think they're just lacquered chopsticks, which are pretty popular in Europe and South America.
>>
>>33701901
PS stop going to bad neighborhoods you dummy
>>
File: IMG_20170419_224826421.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_224826421.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>33671358
What are these pieces that came with my Blackhawk Serpa Concealment Holster (pls no bully I know its shit)
>>
>>33702825
Are they not explained in the instructions?
They're probably adapters for different ways of attaching the holster to yourself/your gear.
PS don't use Serpa holsters, they suck and you'll shoot yourself in the leg
>>
Is there any AK type rifle I can get in California that isn't a VZ.58 and doesn't have a cuck stock?
>>
File: calromybake (2 of 13).jpg (122KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
calromybake (2 of 13).jpg
122KB, 1000x540px
>>33703225
Apparently the hot new thing in CA legal guns is wrapping a piece of kydex around the grip so you can't get your thumb around it, so it really depends on your definition of cuck stock.
>>
>>33703306
I've seen and tried it and I hate how it feels. Feels like I have no solid grip on the gun and it just kind of rests in my palm instead, but I guess it makes more sense to do that for the times I take it out of state. Any recommendations for brands then? I don't really have a budget because I'm not sure what AKs are typically priced at.
>>
>>33703393
>>33700238
>>
>>33703488
Cool, thanks a lot
>>
Buying a wood stock for my SKS to replace the Bubba'd tacticool stock it had when I got it.

It originally had one of the ones with a pistol grip. Will it fuck up my accuracy to go back to the original? How much would it cost to make it compatible with my detachable mags?
>>
>>33703565
The stock shouldn't affect your accuracy at all, and the cost involved in a detachable mag conversion depends on what mags you want to use.
>>
>>33700863
Help please
>>
>>33703692
I seem to recall reading somewhere that using money orders on Gunbroker, and indeed in general, is a terrible idea and that you should never do it, although I can't seem to recall the particulars of why.
>>
Is an Appleseed class a good place to start if you're pretty much a completely inexperienced shooter?
>>
>>33703692
Don't.
>>
>>33674732
>>33671358
>>33676065
>>
File: il_570xN.885828531_maet[1].jpg (27KB, 570x177px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.885828531_maet[1].jpg
27KB, 570x177px
>>33703650

Just the tapco 20-rounders. I know, I know, tapco...but they've always worked fine for me.

Lucky Shot Wood Stock, off Etsy.
>>
>>33704019
For those you just need a bullet or something to take the gun apart so you can remove the original fixed 10rd magazine.
If you're transferring the barreled action and trigger group from one stock to another, you should be able to just put it together without the mag and be good to go.
>>
Any AR-15 you foreign dip.
>>
Will a .22 kill a woodchuck? There's one living under my neighbors shed, and I just know its gonna destroy my garden this year. How about .22 quiets?
>>
I need a good tactical pen that's durable but also a good pen
>>
>>33704124

Awesome. Do you think George Washington will forgive me for using a commie gun with good American cherry wood?
>>
>>33671358
Never been to a competitive shoot (2 gun/3 gun/etc) but I've seen videos of them.

When the shooter misses, the person timing calls a direction like "right". Is that "you missed to the right" and need to aim further left or "you need to aim further right"
>>
>>33704019
What sight is that and cover is that?
>>
File: IMG_2307.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2307.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
Would a Nebraska CHP cover a 9mm AR pistol concealed in a backpack?

pic related
>>
>>33704712

No idea. Stock picture from the website, mine has iron sights.
>>
>>33704679
It means the bullet hit wide right
>>
>>33704749
get a law folder faget
>>
File: handgun.png (18KB, 861x132px) Image search: [Google]
handgun.png
18KB, 861x132px
>>33704813
great tip thanks i guess im good
>>
>>33691756
Get an AK.
>>
I've got a military poncho liner and a mil-tech poncho. Poncho has all the grommets and I heard it worked with poncho liners.

Poncho liner is significantly wider than the poncho.
Is this how a legit military poncho is or did I get CHINKED?
>>
Whatever happened to that guy who was trying to design his own pcc?

Did the Pepe Liberator just disappear? I used to see threads about it all the time.
>>
>>33671358
Can I bring fired berdan primed steel casings to the recycle depot?
>>
File: makleft.jpg (51KB, 550x424px) Image search: [Google]
makleft.jpg
51KB, 550x424px
I have a couple Makarovs that are chock full of Cosmoline, but work long hours. Could I put them in mineral spirits and head to work? Mineral spirits won't hurt the gun, right?
>>
File: 1457669444011.jpg (200KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
1457669444011.jpg
200KB, 750x864px
What's the job of a modern gunsmith like, /k/? Do you just repair folks guns all day? Do you make enough to make ends meet, and is the job very satisfying? How's the learning curve to get certified?

I'm asking because I'm halfway through a Masters in English Lit and I'm so sickened and bored I kinda want to dump it and try to find a profession that won't make me want to kill myself. Considering a bunch of different stuff within my interests.
>>
>>33706142
>What's the job of a modern gunsmith like, /k/?

>SUP BRAH, CAN YOU DURACOAT THIS ZOMBIE GREEN, BRO?
>I HAVEN'T CLEANED MY GUN EVER AND YOU REPAIRED IT LAST YEAR AND NOW IT'S NOT WORKING AGAIN I THINK YOU BROKE IT FIX IT NOW
>something something SPECOPS something something TACTICAL something something DURACOAT something
>Now listen here son, I never done finished tellin' ya how I want muh scope mount done put on muh durr rifle, but first lemme tell yah about Thirdy-awt-six
>My Grandpa left me this smelly old Deer rifle, can you.... DURACOAT IT ZOMBIE GREEN SO IT'LL BE A SICK ZOMBIE SNIPER?!
>CAN YOU TURN THIS SKS INTO AN AK47?!
>ALSO CAN YOU DURACOAT IT RED WITH A HAMMER AND SICKLE?
>How do I into zeroing a scope?
>>
>>33706171
Now, you see, you've got me torn here. On the surface of it, it's repugnant, but underneath that you're saying my job would be to take stupid people's money, which I'm certainly not ideologically opposed to.
>>
>>33706171
Literally every job ever.

Doing shitty things for a shitty customer.
>>
>>33689999 id say get a cheap one and restore it, nice quads
>>
Ever seen those videos of people getting hit in the eye/face with scopes? How the fuck does that happen? My first time shooting a .30-06 (also my first time shooting a rifle with a scope and my first time shooting any rifle that wasn't a .30.30) getting slammed with a scope didn't even seem like an option, despite the kick.
>>
>>33706128
It shouldnt, but id use the eco white stuff just to be safe.
>>
I want to get AICS bottom metal for my Howa 1500 bolt action, but want to know if I can still single round load without taking the magazine out, without jams? I hear because it's push feed, it'll be fine (only controlled feed will jam this way).
>>
File: 1488529257708.png (281KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488529257708.png
281KB, 640x360px
>>33677421
>>33686493
My dudes i came to this thread for this exact question

Which one should i get out of the two flavors at my cabelas?

BLR $1499.99
>.308
>7mm-08

Long Ranger $899.sumfin
>.308(out of stock at current)
>.243

Also Russian contract 1895 repro/replicasowinchestercanstartmakinggunsagain when?
>>
>>33704749
Under 26" OAL? Yes.
>>
>>33707197
7mm-08 BLR
>>
>>33707322
No particular reason?
>>
File: 4ec7859545e473d0e5b145ee5ec12eff.jpg (283KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
4ec7859545e473d0e5b145ee5ec12eff.jpg
283KB, 1280x960px
so my LGS has a Norinco SKS for ~400$. it's previous owner was...less then kind to it (pic related), but mechanically speaking, it looked to be in good shape. from what I understand, ~400$ is about the going rate for these rifles.

would it be worth it? gun broker has replacement stocks for relatively cheap, and I want something that shoots a commie round.

its that or a 8mm Mauser they had sitting next to it (unsure who made it) for 300$.
>>
File: 55DA5EB.jpg (105KB, 1000x809px) Image search: [Google]
55DA5EB.jpg
105KB, 1000x809px
so I'm building my first AR, and I have no idea which what the compensator is supposed to be oriented. I would assume facing upwards, no? compensator is pic related.
>>
File: 20170420_132258-2268x3024.jpg (1MB, 2268x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_132258-2268x3024.jpg
1MB, 2268x3024px
I got these pairs of Nike indoor soccer shoes from my mom a year ago and used them for work. They're breaking and I need to find better shoes.

How well do converse chuck taylors hold up? I looked up a few American made ones on ebay for like 40 to 60, but I'll just use them for everyday fuck around shoes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGyglYqeoM

Link related scares the crap out of me. The guy's handgun failed because of a poorly installed trigger mod I believe.

Where and how can I learn how to safely modify and work on my guns without making them dangerous to use?
>>
Can anybody here help me with Photoshoping my transcript? I need a 2.0 to keep my job but I can't learn Spanish...
I will send you 200 rounds of 308 German surplus. Doesn't work in my arms 10, or I can pay you a reasonable amount. It's really just changing a few letters and numbers. Please, if I lose my job I'm fucked.
Email me
[email protected]
>>
>>33706269
They're dumbshits who put the scope right up in their face because nobody told them what eye relief is
>>
>>33671358
WHat is a gun?
>>
Can I get that video of Ian getting his ass slapped/grabbed? Thanks
>>
am i supposed to be able to shoot a high caliber rifle without ever stopping looking through the scope like in video games or is it impossible irl?
>>
>>33708943
Assuming you're referring to bolt-actions, there's a method of working the bolt with the offhand to allow for maintaining sight picture. It's used a bit for low-level competitions but it's not exactly historical (aside from Mad Minutes, maybe, but those were mainly fired from a rest)
>>
>>33698139
pls respond
>>
File: Ian gets sexually assaulted.webm (639KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Ian gets sexually assaulted.webm
639KB, 640x640px
>>33708838
i gotchu famalam
>>
>>33709279
Thanks brother
>>
What should I wear to an interview for my State Police?
>>
File: IMG_1847.jpg (72KB, 432x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1847.jpg
72KB, 432x640px
>>33709554
>>
Is anyone else having trouble with images? It's just fine on other boards, but they just won't load on /k/
>>
good entry level over/under for skeet
>>
>>33709576
its bad on fit, and lit as well
>>
>>33709617
Stoeger I would think
>>
>>33707997
Correct. But that is not a compensator, that's just a flash hider
>>
>>33709955
>>33709955
gotcha.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/cmmg-ar-15-a2-style-standard-flash-hider-compensator-threaded-1-2x28-steel-matte-black-55da5eb-815835012728.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

my mistake, apparently its a compensator/flash hider.
>>
File: 51470---TAC-Ultra-CS.jpg (512KB, 1800x1197px) Image search: [Google]
51470---TAC-Ultra-CS.jpg
512KB, 1800x1197px
I'm thinking of getting a new toy, pic related to join the family of my P-01, Sphinx, and R8.

Is $600 otd fair for one new?

Any have experience owning and armscor/ria?
>>
>>33694019

Forgot wool Mexican blankets and poncho
>>
>>33710661

Fuck my bad, you got the wool blanket, missed the poncho though.
>>
>>33708256

Pretty durable desu.
>>
>>33699489

Get gp100 if its for the range sp101 if its to carry.
>>
>>33694019
nice post anon
any stories?
>>
>>33710557
I have that one in basic trim. It's okay for a $400 gun but even with all the bells and whistles I would never want to spend $600 on it. I guess if you need the magwell and ambi there isn't much choice, but the fit and finish will disappoint you.

I think the Tactical CS is a good value though.
>>
File: 92701.jpg (126KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
92701.jpg
126KB, 444x460px
I'm going for a holiday in the US (nofuns Australian), my gf is doing a 2 day seminar in Denver and I want to learn how to operate and shoot a firearm properly in this time, or at least learn as much as possible. I did some googling and found some places in the area that have classes and offer hire guns.

I want any advice regarding this idea. Are some classes worse than others? Is one on one better than a group? Should I learn about handguns or rifles? Etc...
>>
is the tikka t3 worth the extra money over a ruger american?
>>
>>33710955
Was this the pic from the /k/ meet?
>>
>>33710873
I am interested in this one primarily for the rail on the dust cover. I go biking/hiking trails at night and carry the P-01 with a flashlight attached. I was trying to find something 1911'esqe that size with a rail that wasn't over the moon on price.
>>
>>33672525

i own a Delton AR-15 and I am not really all that happy with it, i have to assume this is just as shitty
>>
File: efd.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
What gun is this?
>>
File: 1396825931989.jpg (117KB, 327x367px) Image search: [Google]
1396825931989.jpg
117KB, 327x367px
Greetings Amerifriends, Europoor here.

Visiting my girlfriend in NY next month. Staying for 9 weeks.

I want to go shooting. I visit quite often, so should I maybe consider investing in a gun in the future?

What do I look for when I'm looking for a shooting range?
>>
Anyone got the picture of a Dad looking operator in Vietnam with an assault rifle, khakis and a dress shirt, glasses escorting a guy?
>>
I currently do not own any guns. Is this a good buy? https://grabagun.com/mossberg-37314-blaze-s-a-rifle-22lr.html

I was looking for a milsurp rifle, but nobody near me on armslist has any, and the only people who respond to me are fags with sporter enfields
>>
File: 1483408766562.jpg (2MB, 2833x1877px) Image search: [Google]
1483408766562.jpg
2MB, 2833x1877px
>>33711773
Beretta 92 Inox

>>33711783
I'm not sure if visiting foreign nationals are allowed to buy guns.
Your GF may need to buy herself a gun and let you shoot it while you're in-country.

>>33711984
This one?

>>33712039
Mossberg .22s suck; get a S&W M&P 15-22 or Ruger 10-22.
>>
>>33712057
Exactly, thanks senpai
>>
>>33711984
>>33712057
>>33712082
>Somehow thinking this is Vietnam
>>
>>33707873
>a 8mm Mauser they had sitting next to it (unsure who made it) for 300$.
If it hasn't been sporterized, do that. Don't buy a bubba'ed Type-56 for $400.
>>
>>33712123
Memory is a funny thing. I honestly didn't remember anything about it accept that the guy looked like my dad.
>>
Do you think there is a market for pump-action handguard lowers for AR-15s. As in, the pump is built into the handguard. It doesn't actually do anything except make the stereotypical shotgun pump noise.

I kinda figure it's the sort of thing that would appeal to dumbass Bubbas who are on the fence about an AR vs a shotgun for home defense.
>>
>>33712492
>Do you think there is a market for incredibly stupid AR15 accessories
duh, yes
>>
Is 380 a good price for a used Benelli Nova plus 20 rounds of 00 Buck and 10 slugs?

Also, is there any sort of site that lists what sort of price you should be paying for guns?
>>
>>33712528
i always just check how much they are selling for on gunbroker
>>
>>33712528
>Is 380 a good price for a used Benelli Nova plus 20 rounds of 00 Buck and 10 slugs?

My LGS has a used one for 270ish, so no not really. do what >>33712557 says and shop around a bit first.
>>
>>33712057
Vinning knew IRONS R BEZ

>VINNING KNEW
>>
>>33713434
That's not Vining.
>>
>>33713541
yes it is.
>>
>>33693646
enough parts to make a DA revolver, faggot
>>
>>33713541
nice joke
>>
File: ceci n'est pas une vining.jpg (125KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
ceci n'est pas une vining.jpg
125KB, 600x534px
>>33713541
>what did he mean by this?
>>
What is k's opinion on Turk Mausers? Are they total roach tier or are they pretty decent shooters? Thanks komrades
>>
Tax return comes in a week or so. Should I get a nugget or a yugo Mauser for my first milsurp rifle? Rather not spend more than $350/$400.
>>
>>33714725
Mauser.
>>
>>33710955
Please respond
>>
>>33714819
I doubt you're gonna find someone who can give you a breakdown of the specific available classes.
I'd recommend taking a rifle class, but that's just because I personally prefer firing rifles.
>>
>>33714704

I have one, its a 1942 and i absolutely love it. I cant wait to remove kebab with it.
>>
>>33714858
Interdasting. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it and when that was?
>>
How delicate are the catapult systems on an aircraft carrier?, I'm watching a documentary on the Nimitz and it seems like it would be a bitch to fix in a battle scenario
>>
Thinking about buying babbys first guns this summer, was thinking a wasr10 and a 995 for me and the wife, she's never shot a gun and I've shot guns only a couple times, think this is a good combo? You think if I go to a flea market or a gun show with 700 dollars that would be enough for both and a couple magazines?
>>
Has anyone bought one of the Yugo M57 Tokarevs from SOG? Also does anyone have experience dealing through SOG, how was it?
>>
File: Vz22_R4_E.jpg (881KB, 1280x698px) Image search: [Google]
Vz22_R4_E.jpg
881KB, 1280x698px
>>33714704
>What is k's opinion on Turk Mausers? Are they total roach tier or are they pretty decent shooters? Thanks komrades
All depends on the condition of the rifle. They were in service for many years; some got refurbished in that time but others did not. FWIW, my Turk-used Czech Vz.98/22 spent 70 years in Turkey and is still my most accurate Mauser rifle.
>>
>>33717526
Get the WASR and use the money you would have spent on the 995 on magazines and ammo.
Your wife will be fine: countless starving African children have learned to shoot on an AK; a grown-ass American woman shouldn't have any problem with it.
>>
>>33717526
>the WASR alone should be $600+ so 700 won't cut it
>highpoint PCC as your first gun buy
maybe an alright truck gun or poorfag home defense but that's about it
>gun shows price gouge 99% of the time

this sounds cliche but I would just just get a cheaper AR
>spend the rest of the $700 on ammo/accessories
>.223 has lighter recoil for your wife
>you won't have to deal with any potential highpoint quality problems
>>
>>33717653
It's also if shtf in anyway I would rather her be armed to with something that would be very comfortable for her let's say I go scan the house and she stay in the bedroom with the 995, the weapon she would be more comfortable with.
>>
File: 10202_01_lg_0.jpg (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10202_01_lg_0.jpg
11KB, 500x500px
>>33717743
Get $1000 together and get a pair of S&W M&P15 Sport IIs.
That way you both have guns, both of which can serve as a backup to the other in case of parts breakage or police seizure, and they're in 5.56 so ammo is cheap, plentiful, and mild-recoiling.
>>
>>33717833
>buy 2 of the same cheapshit AR
>instead of buying/building one good AR and spending the rest on accessories or ammo.
Fucking dumb nigger
>>
>>33718103
He made it clear that he specifically wanted two guns.
Besides, there's literally nothing wrong with the M&P15 Sport.
>>
>>33718103
>implying the M&P15 doesn't do 90% of what your $2k tacticool AR does

you are right about getting decent ammo tho
>>
>>33710955
I live in Denver. I don't know about classes though. I did buy a gun through a place that is run by some really good guys. They apparently run a good class but I've never done one. Hope that helps.
>>
>>33710955
I'm retarded, It's called Bighorn Firearms.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.