[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$500 M&P Sport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: MP sport.png (191KB, 1473x927px) Image search: [Google]
MP sport.png
191KB, 1473x927px
Should I buy it? I only have a G19 and a G43 right now, looking to expand.

I would want to put a rail on it though for a flashlight because I would be using it for home defense. Is it worth it even if I know i'm going to replace the furniture?
>>
I would buy the ruger over the sw
>>
>>33671222
Ruger AR556 is the same price and has a better barrel and grip.

Also threaded delta ring which makes swapping the foregrip stupid easy
>>
>>33671222
>>33671265
>>33671242
Yup, get the Ruger instead. Not sure about the M&P15, but the ruger's front sight is fixed to the gas block, so if you don't like the front sight you're probably better off just building a cheap AR. They do make extended two piece handguards though that fit around the frontsight if you're just wanting extra rail space.
>>
>>33671356
>fixed to the gas block
>extended two piece handguards

I have no clue what these things mean
>>
>>33671417
Well if you want to put a flashlight on it, you're going to have to change out the stock handguard with one that has a rail or rail mount. This isn't a problem, and is easier on the ruger. If you want a longer handguard that extends past the front sight you can get one that has a cutout for the frontsight, or you can just get a handguard that stops before the frontsight.

If you want to say add a red dot to it, you can still easily do so but unless you dremel off the front sight, or replace the whole gas system/barrel, you'll have to raise the red dot above the front sight, or line your dot up with the front sight which is not ideal.

Basically you're stuck with the front sight unless you cut it off or replace the gas system and barrel, which in that case you shouldn't have bought a prebuilt to begin with.
>>
File: 1479840643496.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479840643496.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>>33671609
>you'll have to raise the red dot above the front sight, or line your dot up with the front sight which is not ideal.

All you do is buy a 1/3rd base and throw whatever micro dot you want. JFC, it isn't rocket surgery.
>>
>>33671222
I have an M&P Sport I and it's been great. Swapped the furniture for a quadrail, put my red dot on a riser, have a flashlight mounted.

Easy, cheap, good to go.
>>
>>33671695
exactly
>>
>>33671222
SAVAGE MSR
A
V
A
G
E

M
S
r
>>
What ever you buy, buy it when it's cheaper because Trump is in office and specials happen all the time.
>>
File: 1468441868865.jpg (11KB, 227x224px) Image search: [Google]
1468441868865.jpg
11KB, 227x224px
>>33671750
>>
>>33671755

This, im regreting the crate of ruger ar556s I bought for 600 a piece. Whatever I have them in long term storage at my cabin.
>>
File: 74764568.jpg (1MB, 3264x1250px) Image search: [Google]
74764568.jpg
1MB, 3264x1250px
>>33671222
I like mine. Got it for $550 about a month or so ago.

/arg/ bullies me for not spending $3000 on my rifle but it fires just fine and is accurate enough for anything you'd need it for outside of competitive shooting.

I bought all new magpul furniture. It is low cost but reliable and has the new up and coming star of interlocking technology that is MLOK.

The real question is how much money do you ultimately want to put into this rifle and what are you looking for it to do? Once I got mine and broke it down I was blown away how easily they are pieced together and how modular everything is. You can replace literally every single thing on these rifles bit by bit.

Biggest thing is if you want a drop in or free floating barrel. If you are looking for the latter which basically turns the entire hand guard section into rails for add ons and is technically a bit more accurate don't get the M&P II. If you're ok with a drop in, like I am because I want a functional rifle not a high performance range toy, the rifle is a nice entry level start to get your feet wet.
>>
>>33671764
What's so funny about having the correct twist rate, correct gas tube length, and correct barrel manufacturing technique? Nigga even their base model with plastic grips is free-floated. Savage deals in accuracy while s&w said fuck it let's give them the worst twist rate possible.
>>
>>33671807

Can you replace the front sight unlike the the ruger? That is pretty much a must for me. It sounds cool to build my own Ar but im only going to be using the thing for HD so it doesnt need to be fancy.

Also, fuck the dudes in those AR threads. They are the biggest cunts I've seen on this board by far.
>>
>>33671831
Front sight is fixed so no can do without tools and knowledge. Price is gonna jump for features that allow front sight changing.
>>
>>33671804
>long term storage at my cabin
S H I A
H
I
A
>>
>>33671831
Stuff where you can change the front sight is either gonna be listed as free floated barrel or railed gas block
>>
File: 47545684.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
47545684.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33671831
So I discovered this after buying and finally getting my hands on a rifle to figure shit out. That A2 front post sight is pretty much fixed. You *can* remove it but it takes tools and a grip and some pounding. The cost of those devices and the effort involved pretty much killed my idea of getting a free floating barrel. Since I was not interested in changing that sight for $300.

I just got a red dot and a riser. So the dot basically lines up exactly like the rear sight so I got a highly illuminated iron sight. If the red dot goes out you flip up the BUIS with a push of the thumb and use the iron sights.

That is the trick. You kind of need to fondle one of these to figure it out and then you realize how nutty modular they are. It is basically legos for men. If you want a different front sight you'd save a bit of cash building your upper from scratch. Chicken and the egg. You need to buy a basic bitch rifle to understand how to built a riced out one.
>>
>>33671222
good to see the m&p finally comes with dust cover
>>
>>33671889
>he let /arg/ meme him into lancers
>>
File: 6785679.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
6785679.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>33671925
That got me nice and early sadly

>implying there is anything wrong with the lancers
>>
>>33671945
>he wastes money on lancers but shoots steel case
wew lad
>>
>>33671951
You cannot begin to understand the levels of weapons grade autism that is my contrarianism themed purchasing rationalization.
>>
You don't need to replace the handguards to get a rail for a light.

https://www.botach.com/kley-zion-ar15-m16-sight-tower-combo-mount-qd-sling-tactical-light/
>>
>>33672011

Get a quintuple rail, loser. Do you even operate?
>>
>>33671356
>Not sure about the M&P15, but the ruger's front sight is fixed to the gas block

The M&P15 uses a standard A2 front sight post. The Ruger AR556 uses a customized A2 front sight post. Both have an integrated gas block.

Have you ever actually touched an AR?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.