[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Powder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Lemat.jpg (141KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lemat.jpg
141KB, 600x600px
Britfag here!

Considering getting into black powder (black powder pistols and rifles are still legal here in Great Cuckland)

Any tips, advice, etc? Favourite black powder guns? Are they accurate nowadays?
>>
There's some youtube guy that is from your island that has a bunch of black powder and edged weaponry. Skallgrim or skull grim or something.
>>
>>33668408
Remember, flintlock pistols are non-restricted, percussion pistols are restricted. Muzzle loading long arms are not considered firearms.
>>
File: IMG_0103.gif (1MB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.gif
1MB, 500x225px
>>33668438
>>
File: image.jpg (400KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
400KB, 1920x1080px
Do it or gay OP
>>
>>33668481
Oh, wait Britain, not Canada. No idea then. Skall is canknukian.
>>
>>33668481
So I could buy a flintlock, musket, rifled 'musket' or muzzle-loaded shotgun without much issue, but a percussion revolver would need extra paperwork?
>>
>>33668408
Remington 1858.

>Better reliability
>Top strap stronk
>Spacegun AESTHETIC
>Fast cylinder change
>Safety notches
>Lol, wedges
>Wet pussy and angry coltfags everywhere you go

You can get Uberti or Pietta, but don't get a brass frame. They're not historically accurate and they can stretch out if you use big boy loads.

Bending the mainspring can get you a much nicer feeling gun because Pietta at least always seems to ship with their hammers calibrated to crack walnuts instead of simply setting off caps.

I highly reccomend a .44 over a .36. Feels like shooting a real gun. Only reason not to is if you ignore my advice and get an 1851. Then .44 is stupid and you should feel stupid if you buy a .44 caliber 1851.

You will need to clean it religiously when you are done shooting. There are many ways to do this, but most people use water and ballistol. Ballistol is a water soluble lube/oil so once the pistol dries it will be protected from rust despite your dousing the thing in water.

Other people however say never to get it wet, and recommend just getting grease fucking everywhere, basically, so that even if you don't remove all the fouling, no water can accumulate. Whatever floats your boat.

They are accurate. They're single action pistols and as such can have absolutely godly triggers. Even untuned and rubbish ones still have better triggers than most modern stock guns, simply due to the simplicity of the action. Your trigger is directly connected to the hammer, with no room for additional slip, squish or crunch.

Use balls slightly larger than the cylinder. For a .44, get a .454 or .457 ball. It should shave off a little.

Bore butter is unnecessary but will make cleaning easier if used every few shots.

Wads are for faggots.

Conicals are too.

Most of the repros need #10 caps, but most places sell #11's, at least in the state. This means you'll want to smush them a little before putting them on the nipple.

And that's all I have room for
>>
OP here

One quick question. I've heard that gun laws in NI are WAY better than in England.

Is this true?

Would I be better off just living there?

Would 'I'm English' be a good reason to ask for permission to carry the gun around?
>>
>>33668408
>Black Powder
this is a racist name and needs to be changed
>No more black targets
>no more black guns
>No more black powder
>Stop the racism now
>>
>>33668777

Black Powders Matter!
>>
>>33668408
What is that sexy piece of hardware in your photo
>>
>>33668811
it's a lemat you filthy fucking redditor
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.