[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

House armor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Hey /k/ sure it isnt a weapon but it is a way to protect your house and provide cover.

Thread topic? Security shutters for your home. Also note, rouge agents cant toss in a fire bomb..eer flash grenade with shutters down. Depending on the metal, a drive by at night with Tyrone shooting his hi-point glock assault gun wont even touch your glass windows.

Or do you think they will attract too much attention to your house out of the others in the neighborhood? Basically making it a liability.
>>
Any time you're in a neighborhood with armored doors and bars on all the windows, step on the gas and get the hell out of there as soon as possible.
>>
I don't feel as though anything affordable would be bulletproof. I do like the anti-flash idea though. Also it would be interesting to see how they determine movement within the home if they can't see lights/shadows
>>
>>33667611
I agree on the bars on windows. These can also be justified as storm shutters. They look better and provide better protection. As for the metal screen type doors, you just get a steel door and paint it like a normal door with peep hole. From the street no one can tell, and then you have a normal screen door.

Trying to make my home look secure, not ghetto land level but more for tornadoes, hail and other outside influences.
>>
>>33667572

Mount them in the inside, have them airbrushed to look like closed curtains when down?

Sure, you'll lose the window if someone throws things at your house, but the other 99% of the time no one will know it's there.
>>
if you live on the coast it's not that unusual, my storm shutters aren't stopping any bullets though. neither are my concrete walls come to think of it. you also don't leave them on all the time, and even the motorized ones take awhile to deploy. you could get armored glass if you wanted, it gets pretty expensive though.
>>
>>33667572
Every house I lived in in Germanyland had rolladens built inside the wall above the windows.
Was great. Except for when you woke in the pitchblack and got disorientated as fuck every now and then
>>
I think this coating is reasonable for most areas. Will slow down your average crackhead or rioter for a bit, and thrown objects should bounce right off but might crack the glass.

Looks like a normal window, also, so no attention.
>>
>>33667833
The armored glass is more costly I think, aiming for solutions that are more cost effective. Not exactly aiming for bullet proof, more concealment and make entry more difficult.
>>
>>33667858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KePLmie7lE
>>
>>33667572
Get lead lined curtains or heavy canvas curtains.
>>
File: 51F04OhafVL._SY355_.jpg (36KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51F04OhafVL._SY355_.jpg
36KB, 355x355px
>>33667572
if you are just looking to stop thrown projectiles like rocks or molotovs you could install security film on all of your current windows relatively cheaply and it wouldn't look any different. i have it on most of the ground floor windows of my properties, install is pretty easy.
>>
>>33667572
biggest issue is your fucking walls. Most houses use 1/2 inch plywood and spaced 2x4 framing most brick work is actually a half inch thick facade. Bullets are going straight through your walls and into you..
>>
>>33667958
Working on that, they put in wood paneling so I need to replace with drywall. Looking into how I can make them stronger without changing the look of the house. The good news it is 1 story so wont have have to worry about support weight. The outside siding is already a thin metal and the roof will be changed to that as well (or solar shingles if they are available in time).
>>
>>33667958
This. A guy with a decent chainsaw can make a rat hole in under a minute. Unless you're building from scratch, this is always going to be your weakest point for a determined invader.
>>
>>33668082
what exactly are you worried about encountering? burglars, rioters, hurricanes, or entry teams?
>>
>>33668258
Yes.
>>
>>33668145
i would receomend the prefabricated concrete walls that come with insulation http://www.designbasics.com/altcon/insulated-concrete-forms.asp
>>
>>33668413
window film,8mil, properly installed with 995 adhesive.

reinforce your door frames, put 3" screws in your hinges and strike plates, get solid or steel doors. add deadbolts and think about door bars.

make sure there is nothing easily flammable against your house, trashcans, vinyl siding, dry leaves.

consider thorny ornamental plants under your windows.

install one or more security systems.

armoring your house is prohibitively expensive, that's why people have safe rooms.
>>
File: 081.gif (189KB, 670x473px) Image search: [Google]
081.gif
189KB, 670x473px
>>33668434
I recommend building your bunker out of all the gold you've invested with your children's college funds. That way you kill two birds with one stone.
>>
I made window inserts out of 2 sheets of 3/4 ply with sheet metal in between. Put them in from inside and lock in with barrel locks. Not gonna last forever but will keep people out and stop light bullets. Also have a short bookshelf loaded with books and a plate of steel on the back under the windows.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.