[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you shoot from a traditional chicken wingan' bladed stance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1496x738px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1496x738px
Do you shoot from a traditional chicken wingan' bladed stance or do you use the Magpul™ tactical squared stance™?
>>
>>33666843
Tucking your shit in is just common sense.
>>
>>33666843
I don't crouch down like a faggot but I also don't chicken wing like a nigger.
>>
chicken wing is more stable in a still standing position, but you're probably retarded if you would shoot like that in a firefight
>>
File: download (39).jpg (4KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
download (39).jpg
4KB, 258x195px
>>33666843
How about neither. I taught hundreds of Marines to shoot.>>33668666
>>
>>33668747
Why'ed you give me a (You)?
>>
File: 1237503452096.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1237503452096.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>33668747
no wonder they all died
>>
>>33668666
Except you're giving a nice big view of your chest to shoot at. Great if you're wearing armor. Horrible for any other time.
>>
>>33666843
>do you use the Magpul™ tactical squared stance™?
I prefer squared for handgun and AR but I didn't know it was tactical Magpul style, it was just most comfy for me. I'm a big tongan dude so bladed feels weird
>>
>all these replies
... You use whatever stance works with your cover and surroundings...
>>
>>33671680
This.

It's meant to square up your armor to the threat giving you increased protection.

Problem is so many of the people who circle jerk this stance never wear armor.
>>
I chicken-wing proudly. It's how the army taught my dad, and how my dad taught me. Its comfortable, stable, and natural. I know why you tactitards assume your airsoft stance, I know all the arguments you will make, and I don't give a fuck. It is a cowardly and plebian posture and I will always snicker and judge you less of a man.
>>
>>33666843
Practiced stances don't mean shit in a combat situation. You're either going to be behind some cover, in some ditch, or cramp in a vehicle.

People who practice the 'best stance' are the people who panic when they only have one free hand and are using a table for cover.
>>
File: RGR0403.jpg (137KB, 2048x657px) Image search: [Google]
RGR0403.jpg
137KB, 2048x657px
>>33671680
if you're just standing out there in the open you're a big fucking target either way. if you're applying your tactics properly and employing cover it's irrelevant.

So the stance wars only really have any meaning in CQB, where seeking cover on contact may be tactically inappropriate. If you're in CQB you should not be counting on poor enemy marksmanship to save your life (you may be so close to the threat that a 5 year old could shoot you dead), you should be using whatever stance allows you to most effectively deliver accurate fire to kill the threat ASAP.
>>
>>33666843
For me, it is the McChicken stance.
>>
>>33666843
Depends on the gun.

Anything pre-WW2?
Probably chicken wings.
Post WW2?
Probably not.
>>
>>33671908
you mean until you're standing up to shoot over the top of a dirt pile and the magpul stance is the natural one, right?
>>
>>33666843

If your stance is good, you're not using cover appropriately. All that stance shit is for competitions, not combat.
>>
>>33671849
Yeah you're a fag
>>
>>33671680
>hurr durr bladed stance XD
>>now one lungshot becomes 2

No thanks
>>
File: sherlock question.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
sherlock question.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
Why are you all so obsessed with combat situations? It's not like you neckbeards will ever be in one. Chicken wing is best for fun at the range and hunting.
>>
>>33671849
God you're a faggot, and so is your father.
>>
>>33671730
>It's meant to square up your armor to the threat giving you increased protection.

It's also fucking retarded. It relies on the ass backwards pretense that you're target/s are going to be squared up in the same way to you when in reality war is asymmetrical and incoming gunfire can and will be coming at you from every conceivable angle, making that completely retarded stance superfluous. Be fast, be small, be accurate are the only 3 points to remember in a battle stance.
>>
File: 1475946246597.png (395KB, 556x579px) Image search: [Google]
1475946246597.png
395KB, 556x579px
Depends what I'm shooting.

I stand bladed when I'm shooting my AR-15A4 but I square off with the target when I shoot my AR-15 Carbine.

I kind of square of with the VZ-58 (depends what I want to do), and blade up with my M1.

>When fuckers at ranges tell me what stance I should take

Almost always Wal-Mart AR15/TAPCO/UTG/Del-Ton/Ruger carrying mossy oak wearing fuckers too.
>>
File: 1474463721454.gif (3MB, 343x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474463721454.gif
3MB, 343x400px
Honestly at still target lane shooting it doesn't fucking matter.

Squaring off is great because you're a bit more mobile and expose your armor instead of bare guts.

Should be more worried about the fundamentals of marksmanship before assuming whatever jacked up stances I keep seeing.
>>
i was trained to use the squared stance and it lets you take cover faster in an engagement so that's what i ended up shooting from
>>
>>33666843
I don't want to get my elbow shot off while it sticks around a corner; I would rather have it protecting my vital organs if I do have to get shot in it.
>>
Could someone explain what having the elbow flared way out is supposed to help with?
>>
>>33666843
I did my time before body armor was common. Chicken wing all the way. The squared up stance is awkward and unnatural for me. Can't hit shit when I square up.

On the other hand, I'm pretty comfortable one-handing a pistol.
>>
>>33666843
perfect stance is no stance
>>
>>33666843
IIRC the hate of chicken wing shooting stems from those ages just before WWI when the brass thought line battles where still a thing and that the lenght of bayonets would decide battles.
The idea was that when shooting in a standing position needed to present the smallest target possible. If you stand with your elbow poking out you present a few % larger area and thus the army will suffer a few % more casualties as a result.
Therefore they taught the men to tuck the elbow.
>>
>>33671908
>parrots muh combat experience
>table for cover

This table made out of marble? Because otherwise that shit is just concealment.
>>
>>33673075
Well meme'd, friendo
>>
>>33671908
>Not practicing shooting only with one hand

IDK about you, guy, but every time I shoulder up with my AR or AK or any other rifle similar my upper body automatically squares up.
>>
File: bullseye-shooting.jpg (62KB, 450x575px) Image search: [Google]
bullseye-shooting.jpg
62KB, 450x575px
>>33671849
Mt grandfather was taught to shoot like pic related, taught my dad that way, I always thnk its kinda funny when at the range when everyone is squating like they are police cadets and my dad is plinking away like victorian gentleman.

Ive tried it, its kinda fun, but nah m8 its a bit to dated for a reason.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.