[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinons on the HBAR barely profile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2840.jpg (108KB, 1621x867px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2840.jpg
108KB, 1621x867px
I've always just hear everyone talk about how much they hate the government profile barrels, I wonder how the HBAR profile fairs here on /k/
>>
File: 1245960109391.jpg (9KB, 227x203px) Image search: [Google]
1245960109391.jpg
9KB, 227x203px
I'm of the opinion that barrels should be heavy and long.
>>
File: C4JtFmAUEAQfrwO.jpg large.jpg (545KB, 1893x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C4JtFmAUEAQfrwO.jpg large.jpg
545KB, 1893x2048px
>>33660907
Barely is right, because they barely make a difference in anything other than weight!
>>
it's actually useful if you want a heavy barrel. Thickest near the chamber where the temp is highest.

government profile is dumb because it's main design point is attaching the M203, which few civilians actually have, and it puts all the weight at the end.
>>
>>33661068
which is correct for most sporting purposes
>>
Government barrel is extremely dumb bc it gets thicker towards the end where the pressure and temperature are lower.
>>
>>33660907
If you live in Maryland, you can only use HBAR barrels if you want an AR15. They are fine even if you don't live in Shitty states ( I use an 18'' SPR profile in my 3-gun rifle and with scope and mag it weighs 7.5 lbs). People who say they weigh too much need to lift more.
>>
It all depends.

Do you run around with your AR15 or stand still and continuously shoot the same target for hours?
Be honest now.
>>
>>33665328
I like to do more prone work with my ARs desu
>>
>>33665328
I like to do more prone work with my ARs to be perfectly honest
>>
>>33660907
well if you want to make a bump saw for the sake of memes then HBAR is the only way to go. Govt profile is dumb for almost all civilians as it is not much lighter than the HBAR and in theory is slightly less accurate. It is better for target shooting, and lightweight is good for a defensive rifle or hunting rifle. There is almost no purpose for the govt profile barrel on the civilian market from my understanding.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.