[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rhodesian Bush War Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 49

Post 'Em
Also, Why do you guys like it so much? Is it because it was against commies?
I like it because of that. And were they really White Supremacists?
>>
File: askgjd.jpg (153KB, 1227x819px) Image search: [Google]
askgjd.jpg
153KB, 1227x819px
>Why do you guys like it so much?

There are a vast, vast multitude of reasons, my dude. Honestly, it's because they are by so far-and-above...different. They were somehow both the underdogs and the elite of their conflict, we are inspired by their efficiency, and many of us, in a way, are able to see ourselves in them.

>Aesthetic as fuck uniforms (both field and parade)
>Booty shorts
>FN FAL and MAG58s are both reliable, popular weapons that are still used today.

>Many of the soldiers were quite young - 18,19,20 and early 20s. That's (I assume) the age range of many of the users on /k/...When you see one of the photos of the teen soldiers, cam paint on their face and legs, donning a machine gun almost as big as themselves, somehow cracking a smile...You relate with it. You realise that these guys are more like you than most photos of soldiers that you see from other conflicts.

>We have seen combat in many different types of terrain. Jungle, mountains, desert of course. But the Bush War intrigues many due to just how unique the combat environment was. Dry, arid bushland and vast swaths of grasslands mixed in with shrubbery and such for the enemy to hide in and escape into.

I'll cont.
>>
File: 1490260480955.jpg (100KB, 650x421px) Image search: [Google]
1490260480955.jpg
100KB, 650x421px
>>33661654

cont.

>Were very much the underdogs. Aside from some fledgling support from South Africa, Rhodesia's military was very much left to its vices and relied upon what stores were left from the British, what they could produce domestically with the little materials and non-existent weapons producing knowledge, and what they could capture from the enemy.

>Even with their inherit disadvantage. The Rhodies kicked the shit out of their oppositions, which received a great deal of arms and support from just about every neighbouring country and big players like China and the SU, neighbours going so far as letting the rebels launch attacks from their territory (See Green Leader raid for an occasion where Rhodesia gave a big "Fuck you" to Zambia and bombed a rebel camp within their borders)

>The Rhodesian military units had excellent esprit de corps and were hyperefficient. The rookies were taught quickly by the experienced guys how to improvise and be an excellent fighter in the bush. This sharing of experience and improvisation is something western armies have largely dropped, which is sad to see.

will cont one more.
>>
File: 1490518031866.jpg (67KB, 604x377px) Image search: [Google]
1490518031866.jpg
67KB, 604x377px
>>33661686

cont. 2 - This is turning into more of a history lesson, I'll go back to why /k/ like 'em so much.

>Fireforce and other tactics that proved that guerrilla warfare could be defeated, by taking the fight to the enemy rather than being on the defensive or being aggressive only through foot patrols (Kinda like Vietnam) - /k/, rightly so, is a big fan of the Rhodie tactics. They are the epitome of quick, clever and ferocious attacks being brought in with overwhelming force against the enemy.

>/k/ has a great deal of respect for the military of Rhodesia, which only lost because the nation's politicians eventually gave in to the rebels (seen sort've like the 'stab in the back' idea pushed by the NSDAP)

>Rhodesia provides /k/ with a great study point of cold war-era weapons, tactics and ideals being pushed to the extreme. It's interesting to see this outside of Vietnam.

>Combat in Rhodesia is massively different to what Africa had seen to that date, or has seen since, as a relatively modern and well-led army fought against the dindus, rather than two armies just zerg rushing each other and shooting the sand, like you see now.
I'll try to sum it up as best I can. /k/ loves Rhodesia because it represents entirely different world that we are somehow able to relate to. It is both exotic and painfully familiar to us. We are inspired by the acts of men and boys that are our age or even younger, who under normal circumstances would have been just like us, living their lives in relative comfort. Most of all, the conflict just ended. The people that fought in it just disappeared. Thousands of soldiers fought yet only a few accounts are out there. Everyone (In Australia, at least) sort've knows someone who knows someone who fought in the war. The veterans are quiet, humble and seldom speak about the conflict they fought in, much less the country they fought for. It very much has the same sense of mystery and adventure as the French Foreign Legion has always had.
>>
>>33661654
>>33661686
>>33661746
Thanks for these posts my man. Any literature you could recommend about the conflict?
>>
>>33660837
It's that time of the day again. Another sweaty autist starts another fucking Rhodesia thread and the same tired old fucking images get recycled over and over and everybody is sick and tired of it. Can you guys come up with something original to post about for once?
>>
>>33661654
>posting australian soldiers
why?
>>
File: zdfkjo.png (3MB, 2344x1734px) Image search: [Google]
zdfkjo.png
3MB, 2344x1734px
>>33662062

Misclicked my dude, my bad. For what it's worth, he looks cool as fuck, was my Platoon Commander, awesome guy.

>>33662054
Lick my ass cunt. Take fucking note and realise that of ~100 replies in the average thread there are 1-2 autistic JIDF cunts like you hating on it. Fuck off. Just to spite you I'm gonna bump with R A R E pics.
>>
File: RgjG3UN.jpg (51KB, 960x588px) Image search: [Google]
RgjG3UN.jpg
51KB, 960x588px
>>33661801

No problem. Afraid not, I focus on WWII in terms of literature - to which I'd recommend 'In Deadly Combat' By Gottlob Herbert Bidermann, very good read.
>>
File: jQpc6y1.jpg (57KB, 477x720px) Image search: [Google]
jQpc6y1.jpg
57KB, 477x720px
>>
File: 925UbkZ.jpg (25KB, 448x292px) Image search: [Google]
925UbkZ.jpg
25KB, 448x292px
>>
>>
File: ekaKoJr.jpg (81KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
ekaKoJr.jpg
81KB, 960x768px
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 800x550px
>>33660837
>were they white supremacists
no, they loved their blackies
>>
>>33660837
Furthermore, there is a black Rhodesian right in your pic.
>>
>>33661746
Great posts
>>
File: recce.jpg (51KB, 313x500px) Image search: [Google]
recce.jpg
51KB, 313x500px
Was thinking of picking this book up /k/ Any of you read it? Sorta related to rhodesia, heres a quick rundown:

>Shrouded in secrecy due to the covert nature of their work, the legendary Recces have fascinated South Africans for years. Now one of these elite soldiers has written a tell-all book about the extraordinary missions he embarked on and the nail-biting action he experienced in the Border War. Shortly after passing the infamously gruelling Special Forces selection course in the early 1980s, Koos Stadler joined the so-called Small Teams group at 5 Reconnaissance Regiment. This subunit was made up of two-man teams and was responsible for numerous secret and highly dangerous missions deep behind enemy lines. With only one teammate, Stadler was sent to blow up railway lines and enemy fighter jets in the south of Angola. As he crawled in and out of enemy-infested territory, he stared death in the face many times. A gripping, first-hand account that reveals the near superhuman physical and psychological powers these Special Forces operators have to display.
>>
File: 1491566787553.jpg (31KB, 526x508px) Image search: [Google]
1491566787553.jpg
31KB, 526x508px
mfw i will never drive into battle with george's wheels rumbling through the bush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrvXTIT2yJ0

It really is sad. Once a proud and successful country turned into a typical African banana republic. It's what happens when under attack by communism and the western world's way of misplacing guilt.
>>
File: rho.png (757KB, 564x575px) Image search: [Google]
rho.png
757KB, 564x575px
>>33662054
>"boohoo please stop posting these >:((("
Don't click on this thread then, you Mugabe bum sniff. Also, great rundown AusAnon.
>>
Was Rhodesia a racist country similar to South Africa?
>>
>>33662518
no
>>
File: 1490941074697.png (138KB, 1225x890px) Image search: [Google]
1490941074697.png
138KB, 1225x890px
Any stories or articles on Portuguese operators during the bushwars?
>>
>>33662477
I've read that and "A Greater Share of Honour" By Jack Greeff. Both show how absolutely bat shit insane Recce operators and operations were. You're going to have a hard time putting it down.

Another worth reading is "Zulu Zulu Golf" by Arn Durand. He was a Koevoet operator in Namibia and also shares some of his insane stories of running down insurgents with Ovambo tribesmen.
>>
>>33662972

Cheers for the reply mate, will get it for sure then.
>>
>>33663037
There is a lot of good shit coming out about the bush wars now, which is great because most of what you hear in the west about Africa revolves around humanitarian aid and apartheid. If you're looking for something more conventional I'd recommend "Battle on the Lomba: 1987" by David Mannall. He gives a vivid account of a battle with Angolan crewed Soviet MBTs being BTFO by 90MM cannons mounted on Ratel AFVs supported by UNITA guerrillas.
>>
>>33662054
Eat a gaggle of cocks Mugabe.
>>
>>33662757
This pork was a true kommando and we should all follow his example

http://www.returnofkings.com/91081/an-unsung-hero-the-legend-of-danny-roxo
>>
>>33660837
>Why do you guys like it so much

because they lost the bush war and /k/ is full of losers
>>
>>33662518

yes
>>
>>33664110
Won the war. Lost the nation to politicians.
>>
>>33664078
>http://www.returnofkings.com

That website is like /pol/ and /r9k/ had a retarded child with /k/ and /his/.
>>
>>33664551
>rhodesian military completly unable to hold back the insurgents
>rhodesian army units shattered to be replaced by blacks paid with cold hard cash to fight

pro-tip: body count is not real victory metric

>inb4 muh dingo
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 279x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 279x401px
What's a good book to start reading that related to Fireforce and RLI counter insurgency tactics.

And what's with Rhodies wearing Chuck Taylor's?
>>
File: vm3.jpg (401KB, 1196x1623px) Image search: [Google]
vm3.jpg
401KB, 1196x1623px
>>33665854
Light weight and breathable I suppose, also limited options due to sanctions.
>>
>>33662518
Maybe, I don't know. Can you repeat the question.
>>
>>33661654
I see that. I also like them very much. I agree with you completely.
>>
>>33661746
Awesome. Thank you very, very much.
>>
>>33662054
I'm new to /k/
>>
>>33661746
>Fireforce and other tactics that proved that guerrilla warfare could be defeated

But Rhodesia military lost the war.

>Inb4 politicians
In the last two years of the Bush War the Rhodesian military had already lost the countryside and therefore the counter-insurgency campaign.

Lost because of muh politicians is just same old fifth column/nazi bullshit pushed by losers for losers.
>>
>>33661746
Explain these FireForce tactics for anti-guerilla warfare to me please.
>>
>>33668527
>get Embargo'd by fucking Britain and Co.
>your only European Ally gets fucking overthrown
>Your opposition is funded by Communist scum
I am honestly surprised at how long Rhodesia lasted
>>
>>33661746
And how were their tactics any different from Vietnam?
>>
File: fireforce.jpg (366KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
fireforce.jpg
366KB, 1200x825px
>>33668564
It's pretty complex, here's a graphic about it.
>>
>>33662518
kind of, there was an education requirement to hold public office and vote. Whites were mainly the ones who were educated, so they pretty much ruled over the black majority. Also, it was perfectly legal to have a business that prohibited blacks.
>>
>>33668680
Thank you. Weren't they White Supremacists?
>>
>>33661746
I thought all the veterans were killed by Mugabe. Where are thye now? Are there any known ones? Any accounts?
>>
>>33661746
Also what do you mean by >Rhodesia provides /k/ with a great study point of cold war-era weapons, tactics and ideals being pushed to the extreme. It's interesting to see this outside of Vietnam.
Expain please
>>
>>33668641

Stop trying to move the goalposts and changing the topic

Rhodesia lost politically and militarily. They didn't get backstabbed by anyone, UDI was a Rhodesian decision and they started down that road on their terms.
>>
>>33661746
And why don't the veterans talk ab out it? Is it because they çlost?
>>
>>33668752
no, more like they knew giving control of the country to the extremely uneducated masses was a bad idea. Where they went wrong was not cracking down on individual crimes by rhodesian regulars against innocent blacks, and by not letting even highly educated blacks into leadership roles.
They lost when they tried to compromise with the rebels and trust Mugabe and other cunts like him.
>>33668791
Most are in the US or the English speaking commonwealth. Most whites are heavily persecuted by Mugabe, but not outright killed so
he can still be seen as a "good guy" by the outside world. A ton of Rhodie SAS and Selous Scouts became mercs around Africa. Look up the book Fireforce.
>>33668802
Rhodesia was a great clash of stuff that defined the cold war era. Communism vs Democracy, Natives vs "Outsiders", racial tension, and guerilla warfare. It was also a sort of test to see which guys weapons and tactics were better, with Rhodesia being the west and the commie guerillas being the east. Considering Rhodesia lasted ten years against well trained and well equipped fighters without much back up of their own, I consider it proof of superior western tactics. The downfall of Rhodesia was also a demonstration of western weaknesses, mainly being too trusting.
>>33668821
Many do, but most don't like to talk because they lost their home.
>>33668804
The rhodesian army only lost the countryside because they ran out of ammo and fuel because South Africa decided their neighbor to the north had become too expensive.
>>
File: tiresom.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
tiresom.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>>33668804
>Rhodesia lost politically and militarily. They didn't get backstabbed by anyone
>Stop trying to move the goalposts
>embargoes and international damning caused by the Labour party had no significant impact on a Rhodesia's ability to wage war against a well financed enemy supported by two world powers

You're better than that.
>>
>>33668917
>The rhodesian army only lost the countryside because they ran out of ammo and fuel because South Africa decided their neighbor to the north had become too expensive.

did you just recycle the south vietnam excuse and just apply it to rhodesia? it's not like the rhodesian army was shattered by years of conflict and they literally had to hire niggers to fight for them.

>You're better than that.

How exactly is that a backstabbing? Do you believe other nations owe allegiance and support to Rhodesia because you agree with their policies?
>>
File: 1492153815479.png (77KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
1492153815479.png
77KB, 500x466px
>>33668804
Fucking die
>>
>>33669026
they didn't have to hire niggers, the most they did was use captured guerillas as Selous Scouts. I don't know what you're talking about with the south vietnam excuse, but I know that the south only lost the vietnam war because the US didn't bomb the north enough.
>>
File: dylann roof.jpg (28KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
dylann roof.jpg
28KB, 460x259px
>>33669036

no u
>>
File: 14516520.jpg (133KB, 777x960px) Image search: [Google]
14516520.jpg
133KB, 777x960px
>>33668527
They would have lost if the war had continued. But they could have fucked up Zambia and Mozambique more if it weren't for political restrictions.
>>
>>33669064
>I know that the south only lost the vietnam war because the US didn't bomb the north enough

oh wow

so when John Negroponte said that the US bombed North Vietnam into accepting US concessions in Paris, they should have actually bombed more and conceded even more terms?

>the most they did was use captured guerillas as Selous Scouts
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesia_Regiment
>The Regiment was virtually destroyed in the last year and a half of the COIN war after being stocked by rapidly trained African volunteers and conscripts from 'civvie street'
>>
>>33669081
>they could have fucked up Zambia and Mozambique more if it weren't for political restrictions

To what strategic end? To piss off people even more and lose faster?
>>
>>33669102
they should've been bombing from the beginning so the Viet cong would've ran out of ammo

much like what happened to rhodesia
>>
>>33669026
>How exactly is that a backstabbing?
You're the one claiming it was backstabbing. Rhodesia was a small nation that was damned internationally. That didn't exactly help their cause. It also doesn't help that the Soviets and Chinese were throwing arms and cash out like it was candy for insurgent groups that were murdering black and white civilians.

Do you believe other nations owe allegiance and support to Rhodesia
No. Do you believe other nations owe allegiance to terrorists because you agree with their policies?

because you agree with their policies?
What are you going to do? Call me a white supremacist? Racist?
>>
Anyone have a pic of a Rhodie trooper with an M14? I swear to fuck I have seen one but I havent seen it in a while
>>
>>33669166

are you serious?

the US spent years attacking what they thought were logistical centers and routes with barely any effect. the US sent MACV to scout the ho chi minh trail and they got BTFO by peasant patrols.

meanwhile the rhodesian air force had none of the capabilities to execute this kind of campaign.

get educated, nigger.
>>
>>33668917
Thank you.
>>
>>33664551
So they lost.
>>
>>33669187
>You're the one claiming it was backstabbing

No, it was this guy
>>33661746
>seen sort've like the 'stab in the back' idea pushed by the NSDAP

A backstabbing implies support was promised, then withdrawn. Rhodesia enacted UDI knowing the consequences.

>No. Do you believe other nations owe allegiance to terrorists because you agree with their policies?

Stupid retort. Nobody is owed anything. You (or some other stupid fuck) claimed it was a backstabbing, which implies owed support. My stance is that there is no backstabbing whatsoever.

>What are you going to do? Call me a white supremacist? Racist?

Oh my, just look at all this defensiveness. Please explain how this was a backstabbing.
>>
>>33668917
Why did everyone hate Rhodesia? Weren't they following standard Western gov. style?
>>
>>33669208
are you unaware that US forces were prevented from bombing shipping and the port of hanoi until linebacker 2? I'm saying that if the us had bombed the shit out of the north, they would've eventually run out of supplies, like how the rhodesians eventually ran out of ammo and men. MACV didn't have the sheer manpower needed to secure jungle like that, and the Ho chi minh trail wouldn't have mattered if they wasn't any shipping to supply it.
>>33669270
no, this was right after the civil rights movement in the US. Rhodesia was kind of used as a way for the US to say "See! We're not racist anymore!" by not supporting them. Also they pissed off Britain by declaring independence before majority rule.
>>
>>33669270
Because White people on a Black continent and Iron Maggie trying to cut all ties from the imperial days. Also never acknowledged as a state, which is the vicious cycle of this story.
>>
>>33669287
But I thought Rhodesia wasn't racist
>>
>>33669309
it was, but not at the level of South Africa or even the US in the 60's.
>>
>>33669287
>prevented from bombing shipping and the port of hanoi until linebacker 2

1. Hanoi was not the only logistical center in North Vietnam. The reason it was off limits was because it was by far the most heavily defended area in North Vietnam and the USAF took heavy losses in previous incursions

2. Linebacker 2 was a political operation to demonstrate "resolve" during the negotiations, it had nothing to do with attacking logistics. Note how even that demonstration cost the USAF dearly.

3. The US dropped more munitions in North Vietnam than they did in Nazi Germany and they still preserved, what makes you think your claim has any credibility?

4. Commando Hunt targeted the Ho Chi Minh trail for years and it was a failure.

5. MACV's goal was not to secure the trail, but only to scout the trail to assess logistics and interdict if possible, they failed on both counts.
>>
>>33662518
No, when people say it was racist, they refer to the fact that there were education requirements for public office and things of that sort. What they forget is that blacks could also become educated and own land. In fact, Rhodesia reserved six million acres that only blacks could buy land within, as well as the rest of the country. The Rhodesian Parliament also reserved eight seats for Shona tribal elders so natives would always have a say in their country.
>>
File: 20170416_203729.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170416_203729.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Some repro shorts I snagged off of eBay, they are pretty damn comfy but are a bit longer than the ones I've seen in pics.
>>
File: 1489379882558.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1489379882558.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>33668804
>Rhodesia lost militarily
I'm gonna need you to go read up on Operation Dingo and Operation Eland then come back when you're ready to not be a little shit.
>>
>>33669390
>segregate education and keep black education at laborer levels
>but... but... it was legal to blacks to vote as long as they met these standards which the education system was deliberately designed not to meet

by parity of logic, the US government has no restrictions on machine gun ownership for civilians
>>
>>33669432
>individual operations and casualty counts win wars

you are a stupid nigger
>>
>>33666034
>cutting up socks
What
>>
>>33669257
>no it was this guy
>sort've
>idea pushed
Does that language really sound like he claimed it was backstabbing?

>Rhodesia enacted UDI knowing the consequences.
No shit. In other news the sky is blue and you're a faggot. Ian Smith knew what he was doing and what could happen.

>You (or some other stupid fuck) claimed it was a backstabbing, which implies owed support.
I never claimed it was, nor did the dude you cited. My claim was that the embargoes and international damnation had an impact on Rhodesia's ability to wage war. This guy >>33668641 was a (you) and you claimed he was "moving the goalposts." A nations economy has a direct impact on it's ability to wage war. It is an important factor to look at.

>Oh my, just look at all this defensiveness. Please explain how this was a backstabbing.
I'm not making that claim you dipshit, Rhodesia went out on it's own and the result is Zimbabwe. I would agree that it is amazing they lasted as long as they did, but the outcome was inevitable. Keep trying to attach the backstabbing claim to me. You asked if I agreed with their polices with a rhetorical question with a probable outcome you'd claim I was some 14/88 wacko, like how most of these threads end up. Which is a fucking travesty. Pseudo Ops is fascinating and the fact a tiny post-it note on the ass of history managed to do what it did deserves inquiry.
>>
File: 4750813205228.jpg (94KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
4750813205228.jpg
94KB, 768x960px
>>33669136
Mainly to fuck up terrorist camps further inland and destroy more infrastructure, bridges and railways. It would perhaps not have been politically viable, but could have bought them some more time. I just wish they'd been able to do more.
>>
>>33669611
>Does that language really sound like he claimed it was backstabbing?

Yes. The fifth column theory of WWI was gospel in Nazi Germany. Moreover that other post explicitly said the politicians gave in to the rebels, thus implying the military was backstabbed. A ludicrous claim, obviously.

>claim was that the embargoes and international damnation had an impact on Rhodesia's ability to wage war.

If you are going to reply to a post whose point was to criticize the backstabbing theory, you should enunciate your view on that backstabbing point before moving on.

tldr: learn to write.
>>
>>33669650

Did you consider the strategic value of the raids that did take place and weigh them against the political costs? What makes you think that would have bought more time?

>It would perhaps not have been politically viable
>thinks a politically suicidal tactic would have helped COIN strategy

whewlad
>>
>>33669717
Suppressing enemy infiltration of the country. Whole world was against them anyway. And had they managed to take out Mugabe and Nkomo there might have been a Rhodesia-Zimbabwe solution instead.
>>
>>33669671
>The fifth column theory of WWI was gospel in Nazi Germany
>politicians gave into the rebels
Giving the position of the NSDAP is not the same as claiming backstabbing. That is just citing one position. The language of that post only points to the politicians of Rhodesia doing any kind of backstabbing. Not the international community, or the original focus of your argument. The argument African politicians gave up on Rhodesia is somewhat valid due to the negations of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia cutting a deal with Margret Thatcher on including insurgent parties in the election. Again, fascinating stuff which deserves inquiry.

>If you are going to reply to a post whose point was to criticize the backstabbing theory, you should enunciate your view
I did. As you have already stated, and we have both agreed upon, UDI was Rhodesia's endeavor. The international community didn't support it and that had an impact on Rhodesia's ability to wage war. Nothing about a lack of support implies it was a backstabbing. It shows Rhodesia didn't have much support, which fucked the country over in the long run.

>tldr: learn to write
lamo, learn to read faggot. I stated multiple times that I was not making the backstabbing claim, you keep trying to attach that claim to me.

As always this thread has turned into a dumpster fire unrelated to /k/. Thanks for that.
>>
>>33661654
>>Many of the soldiers were quite young - 18,19,20 and early 20s. That's (I assume) the age range of many of the users on /k/...When you see one of the photos of the teen soldiers, cam paint on their face and legs, donning a machine gun almost as big as themselves, somehow cracking a smile...You relate with it. You realise that these guys are more like you than most photos of soldiers that you see from other conflicts.

You're retarded
>>
>>33670140
>sort've like the 'stab in the back' idea pushed by the NSDAP
>the poster posits a single position and that is it

how is this "just citing one position"? he made an argument with that singular position. you can disagree with that and try to make your case, but that post is clear.

>you keep trying to attach that claim to me.
That is your own failure to make your subject clear. Don't interject into back-and-forths if you intend to go off on a tangent.

>It shows Rhodesia didn't have much support, which fucked the country over in the long run.

Good.

>As always this thread has turned into a dumpster fire unrelated to /k/. Thanks for that.
>unrelated to /k/
>implying Rhodesia has anything to do with /k/ to begin with
>unless /k/ is /pol/
>oh wait it is
>>
>>33669841

If the whole world was really against them, what political risk is there really?

>implying some other ultra-nigger wouldn't have taken over Mugabe the second he died
>>
>>33670678
>but that post is clear.
>because the nation's politicians gave into the rebels
That post is attaching African politicians to the fall of Rhodesia, not the international community "backstabbing" them. That is the singular position you're ignoring. The "one position" you're bitching about a comparison of the NSDAPs, one political party with a very narrow understanding of their surroundings, views on the Weimar Republic to the fall of Rhodesia. Is it tenuous, yes.

>That is your own failure to make your subject clear.
It's your own failure you lack nessacary reading comprehension skills. I stated my position multiple times. I did not claim it was backstabbing.

>Good.
Even better for the people that live there and have to deal with the consequences. We don't have to though. We live relatively stable lives and can talk mad shit on the internet.

>implying fireforce, afri/k/a, FALs, and short shorts isn't /k/ related
Git.
>>
File: zfasdi.jpg (138KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
zfasdi.jpg
138KB, 2048x1152px
Sigh. I made those initial posts just to give my $0.02 and a little bit of context for OP.

Then the pro and counter Rhodie autismos devolved it into what most Rhodesian threads devolve into. You cunts just can't enjoy a good thing, can you.

This is the weapons board. Discuss the weapons and tactics, why the fuck does it always have to get into politics. Fuck off back to /pol/ and leddit with your 10 paragraph long bullshit treatise.
>>
File: image.jpg (240KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 1024x768px
>>33671716
This.

I'd like to see some images of non FAL/G3 firearms in use by the Rhodesia military.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 660x330px
>>33671814
More Mini-14s and a shotgun.
>>
Rhodesians were fabulous like the Spartans and Romans in their short shorts.
>>
File: CbU1kk6UEAAGWcz.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CbU1kk6UEAAGWcz.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>33660837
>like it because of that. And were they really White Supremacists?
pretty much yeah, no matter what a 4chin cretin will tell you. Mugabe actually talked a lot of non-shit before he solidified rule in the late 80s.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3u5CxS3j5M
>>
File: 14203333.jpg (72KB, 419x497px) Image search: [Google]
14203333.jpg
72KB, 419x497px
>>33671814
>>
File: 15975223.jpg (84KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
15975223.jpg
84KB, 1024x752px
>>
File: Robert_Mugabe_310001a.jpg (11KB, 385x185px) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Mugabe_310001a.jpg
11KB, 385x185px
>>33670678
>It shows Rhodesia didn't have much support, which fucked the country over in the long run.
>Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LdNxV0yPM
>>
File: 1482109718891.jpg (560KB, 732x2251px) Image search: [Google]
1482109718891.jpg
560KB, 732x2251px
>>
File: 1486701767572.jpg (84KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486701767572.jpg
84KB, 533x800px
>>
File: 1471223756030.jpg (54KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471223756030.jpg
54KB, 300x400px
>>33671716
blame the marxist troll that pops in to give his valuable opinions every. single. thread.
politics are NEVER mentioned til he comes in to "enlighten" us. I'm starting to believe that with this level of autism that it's ThatFag still assraged over the Rhodesian Project being fulfilled. Or that pinko barrista /his/ fag with the RSS feed. Honestly the sooner /k/ommandos learn how to ignore these sperglords (fat chance), the better.
>>
File: varusteleka_riista5-2011.jpg (230KB, 623x800px) Image search: [Google]
varusteleka_riista5-2011.jpg
230KB, 623x800px
>>33675732
I knew I'd seen this picture somewhere before
>>
>>33660837
>>33661654
>>33661686
So the secret of their skill was the fact the experienced passed down their knowledge to the fngs?

Why did they fight so hard for their nation?

We're they so good because their opponent, while well equipped, was absolute dogshit?
>>
>>33662054
Your country is starving Robert.
>>
>>33661746
Good reading
>>
>>33666383
You are not the boss of me now
>>
>>33675758
>thinks rhodesia circle-jerk threads aren't inherently political in nature

you're not fooling anyone nigger
>>
>>33671072
>That post is attaching African politicians to the fall of Rhodesia, not the international community "backstabbing" them

Learn to read, that post blamed Rhodesia's own politicians:
>only lost because the nation's politicians eventually gave in to the rebels

Which fits into the NSDAP's backstabbing narrative: backstabbed by elements within Germany.

Of course there was no backstabbing anywhere, Rhodesia went their way, knowing the consequences, and lost miserably.

>implying fireforce, afri/k/a, FALs, and short shorts isn't /k/ related
>every Rhodesia thread is full of children dreaming about re-enacting Dingo and ranting about niggers
>not a single discussion on the FAL rifle

Literally not related.
>>
File: 1487278647725.jpg (236KB, 697x602px) Image search: [Google]
1487278647725.jpg
236KB, 697x602px
>>33677140
keep reaching ThatFag, your asspain is insatiable
>>
>>33677285

what the fuck are you going on about

and what is this "project rhodesia"? another shitty LARP get together? was it in south carolina?
>>
File: 1474912667908.png (860KB, 841x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474912667908.png
860KB, 841x720px
>>33677299
you're singling yourself out ThatFag, I didn't mention the Rhodesiam Project in that post
>>
>>33677405
>I didn't mention the Rhodesiam Project in that post

its right there, you stupid nigger, in the same thread where you first brought up this "ThatFag" delusion. or maybe it was some other stupid nigger.

>>33675758
>Rhodesian Project

you either forgot what you wrote, or you can't scroll up and read the thread.
>>
Rhodesia shall rise again. If you don't like it, then fuck off. We will skin Mugabe in front of cheering crowds and persecuted white South Africans, disaffected Americans, etc will repopulate the country.
>>
File: 1483476391496.jpg (217KB, 617x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483476391496.jpg
217KB, 617x720px
>>33677437
nice damage control
>>
>>33677626
>damage control
>literally forget what you wrote ten posts above

dat projection

so, what is this rhodesia project again?
>>
>>33677592
>We will

LARP is imaginary, friendo.
>>
>>33669390
I would love a source, not being ironic btw I believe you
>>
>>33669390
Education was never the same for blacks as it was whites. It went a lot like the segregated areas of the south did.
>>
>>33662348
Seriously, the RAR (Rhodesian African Rifles, a division of all-black troops) was greatly respected by white troopies afaik. I'm reading Chris Cock's book Fireforce and he makes little mention of any animosity between white and black soldiers (though he does have an account of a white soldier being ostracised for openly sleeping with black women). the RAR were a massive asset as they were able to easily infiltrate the black nationalist guerillas. Not to mention that the Selous Scouts had a lot of blacks too, who also did infiltration missions.

Black rhodesians believed in rhodesia and fought like hell to keep the country afloat. Calling rhodesians white supremacists just because ian smith was a race realist is a massive insult to all the black troopers and scouts that fought, suffered, and died for that beautiful nation.
>>
>>33678447
>Black rhodesians believed in rhodesia
>Black rhodesians overthrew rhodesia

FTFY
>>
>>33669403
is the seller still selling them?
>>
File: 1491527410187.jpg (179KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491527410187.jpg
179KB, 1080x1080px
>>33678447
>ostracized for openly sleeping with a Black woman
Even if they weren't racist by any non-lefty standard, there's no accounting for taste
>>
I don't know why /k/ loves Rhodesia but hates /pol/. If Rhodesians went full race war the Rhodesians wouldn't all be dead. Rhodesia wouldn't be dead.
The cognitive dissonance astounds me. I guess it's better to be progressive and six foot under than be a fucking and breathing white male.
>>
>>33678664
If Rhodesians went full race war Rhodesia would cease to exist. Rhodesia had a much more stable system than truly racist South Africa. This was an example of politics creating racial tension, not racial tension informing politics. It's funny how the political board doesn't acknowledge politics as a factor in war.
>>
>>33678479
No, communist niggers overthrew rhodesia. They werent Rhodesians. just like the hairdyed neocommunist #hewillnotdivideus nevertrumper antifag rioters arent Americans.

There were plenty of black rhodesians. The selous scouts even captured communist niggers and educated, trained, and reformed them to see the conflict properly and they proudly fought for rhodesia. They stopped being communist niggers and became rhodesians.

Selous scouts aside, peaceful black villages were constantly being terrorized, pillaged, and massacred by the communist niggers. Blacks from those villages sometimes joined the RLI to try and stop the commies from raping and killing their families. There was even an account of a black rhodesian killing his own brother who decided to join the communists. Mind you, most villages didnt support the guerillas voluntarily. They were forced to feed and house them at the muzzle of an AK.

The blacks who wanted zimbabwe werent rhodesians. They were terrorists.

Not all blacks wanted Zimbabwe. Plenty wanted Rhodesia and allied themselves with her. They were Rhodesians, regardless of skin colour, and those individuals did NOT overthrow rhodesia. They fought to defend it.

Learn your fucking history. Read a fucking book before you talk shit.
>>
>>33678631
enjoy having aids lmao I'll stick with my 2d japanese cartoons
>>
>>33678776
>lived in Rhodesia
>Rhodesia government claimed authority over them
>but...but.. they weren't Rhodesians, they're only Rhodesians if they back the white government

The denialism is strong in this one
>>
>>33678835
>white government
>not realizing there were anti-communist black politicians within the independent rhodesian government
>not knowing a country is its people, not its government

not to avoid argument but we're straying too far from military stuff. this is politics
>>
File: 1441307327108.jpg (61KB, 614x411px) Image search: [Google]
1441307327108.jpg
61KB, 614x411px
>>33678835
>communists who want to overthrow the Rhodesian government and claim the country for Gommunism under Mugabe, turning it into Zimbabwe thereafter
>Rhodesians
Rhodesians by occupancy, but not Rhodesians by heart.
>>
>>33678919
>>33678930
>actually attempting to argue the Rhodesian argument isn't entirely controlled by whites

holy fucking shit

>turning it into Zimbabwe thereafter

Are you a time traveler? While the insurgency was operating, Zimbabwe did not exist. Therefore, Rhodesians overthrew Rhodesia. Sorry if you are offended by this fact.
>>
>>33678982
>argument
>government

i apologize for typing too fast, that was just too easy
>>
>>33678919
>military stuff

what military stuff
>>
>>33678930
thats what i was trying to say, thank you. i am hungover from last night spent drunkenly explaining rhodesia and cultural marxism to my family.
>>
>>33679014
i was meaning to say lets keep this /k/ related and talk about the military arms and equipment used in the bush war, not about the politics of the bush war.
>>
>>33679027
>OP literally asks a political question
>keep this /k/ related

too fucking late
>>
File: sad parents.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
sad parents.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
>>33679020
>honey... is our boy turning into dylann roof?
>>
File: 1463723137911.jpg (75KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463723137911.jpg
75KB, 640x360px
>>33678982
Where was I arguing that the Rhodesian government wasn't entirely controlled by whites? I was stating that those who wanted to give gommunists power were of course Rhodesians, but they weren't Rhodesians by heart (defending Rhodesia from communism).
>Zimbabwe did not exist.
It existed again when IANU won the election in 1979 - creating Zimbabwe-Rhodesia. Then full Zimbabwe when Mugabe's ZANU won.
>>
>>33679068
>not realizing there were anti-communist black politicians within the independent rhodesian government

That would imply these black politicians held any sort of meaningful power, which they did not.

>Rhodesians by heart

Ah, so the very term "Rhodesia" has to be redefined entirely to fit your narrative. The hallmark of a cult and/or fetish.
>>
>>33679089
>which they did not.
[citation needed]
>>33679089
>redefined entirely to fit your narrative
Epic trolling, dude.
Are people still American if they're socialists or communists? Yes. Are they still American when they change the country to a communist one? According to you, yes.
>>
>>33679129
I should add that "<country> by heart" may be a bit hard to articulate.
>>
File: IMG_2936.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2936.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Anyone else have the NE camo? I love mine
>>
When I was a waiter I was talking to an older guy who was wearing one of those black veteran hats and I asked him where he served and he told me Rhodesia. I was like "oh yea the bush war with Ian Smith and all that right?" And his eyes lit up, he was genuinely excited someone young knew wtf Rhodesia was. He said I was the only person he ever talked to that knew wtf Rhodesia was, talked to me about it as long as he could (until I had to do work bullshit) and was genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever met, I really wish more bush war vets would write books or do interviews he said some cool ass stories
>>
File: 1468282647904.jpg (100KB, 1080x1285px) Image search: [Google]
1468282647904.jpg
100KB, 1080x1285px
>>33678795
What do you think would happen to a 10% White population in a 90% Black country? Black gfs were the beautiful future of Rhodesia.
>>
>>33679129
>[citation needed]
>The main A roll was for citizens who satisfied high standards in these regards and 95% of its members were white and 5% were black or Asian. The B roll had lower qualification standards and 90% of its members were black and 10% were white or Asian. The B roll was about one-tenth of the size of the A roll.

From a parliamentary point of view, politics in Rhodesia was entirely dominated by whites.

>Are people still American if they're socialists or communists

Yes, like you said. Tying political affiliation to a geographical term is idiotic. Especially in regards to the US where freedom of thought and speech is held in higher regard than most other places.
>>
File: image.jpg (685KB, 1435x925px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
685KB, 1435x925px
>>
File: tyrone.gif (3MB, 264x242px) Image search: [Google]
tyrone.gif
3MB, 264x242px
>>33679139
>admit that your view of a term is entirely subjective to individual opinion
>call someone else a troll for saying you redefined a term
>>
>White Supremacists?

Jesus christ, call me crazy but until about 3 yrs ago I could sware that term literally only applied to actual KKK members, Neo Nazis, Aryan Nations, you know....the sort that if you associated with them you would probably end up on an FBI dossier somewhere and end up getting Rander Weavered. Now it just means white+racist. All these Alt right, Richard Spencer types aren't anywhere near scary enough to be called White Supremacists.
>>
>>33679159
Yeah but its a little dark. Probably gonna wash it a few times and let it dry in the sun.
>>
>>33660837
It's the "valiant last stand" of the white man against the darkies with that late 70's A E S T H E T I C S that's so hot with the kids these days. Given the failure of Mozambique after the war, is it any wonder why /pol/ fetishizes it so much?
>>
>>33680858
/pol/ hates Rhodesia ever since the election. Rhodesia was civic-nationalist. They had nonsegregated schools when the US had only started on the nigger-rights train. They even got into arguments with the South Africans over apartheid. All the old /pol/ threads were wanking over the RLI while glossing over the RAR and the part they played in the conflict.
>>
>>33680949
>They had nonsegregated schools

oh boy

>until October 1978, school segregation was mandated by Rhodesian law
>institutions which ignored the law did so at the own peril

There was even a specific Bantu education curriculum to be taught to blacks. Do you enjoy lying on the internet?
>>
>>33681024
>Do you enjoy lying on the internet?

Nah, apparently I do get bad information sometimes though.
>>
>>33662972
My father served in the SADF during the border war, said the Recce's were pretty crazy okes. According to him, some would come back with a necklace of ears.
>>
The folk music is pretty good too
>>
>>33679170
What regiment was he in?
>>
>>33661654
Slouch master race

I want one badly.
>>
"Rhodesians are different. They love Rhodesia. Everything is always bigger, better, cheaper, and more wonderful in Rhodesia. They are the world’s biggest optimists. Typically they believe anything is easy until they get into it, and then they tend to get bogged down. But they never give up. They will not give up over a conference table everything they could lose in a war.

They do not worry about the terrorism. They prepare for it. In the war zones they take an automatic rifle to the golf course and come back before dark.

One day we went out to deliver a piano to a farm that belonged to the daughter of the Rhodesian Minister of Defence. It was out in the bush and had about 30 Africans working on it. The roads were all full of dirt and lined with brush. “We’ll get around to paving them all one of these days”, said my companion cheerfully, “makes it more difficult to put land mines in them.”
Another time I paid a few dollars to go up in a private plane and have a look at Vic Falls, one the biggest in the world, with a fantastic series of rapids, switchbacks, and sheer cliffs. When we were about a thousand feet in the air over the middle of the river, the pilot remarked casually that it might not be a good idea to go too close to the other side.
Oh really, why not? Oh, well, it seems the Zambian army killed three tourists yesterday and we might get shot down"
>>
>>33679159
Way too much money for $30 material.

I opted for Fireforce Ventures instead, when they released their stuff on December instead of cucking everyone until February. More to come this summer as well.
>>
File: 1427960130212.jpg (330KB, 508x875px) Image search: [Google]
1427960130212.jpg
330KB, 508x875px
>>
>>33678585
Sadly no, I believe this was the only pair.
>>
>>33678696
A stable system doesn't mean jack shit if you're dead.
>>
>>33662757
>All 3 largest arms providers at the time: Israel
>>
>>33686863
Don't be dense, Rhodesia didn't fall due to internal strife like South Africa did. Mandela might have had international support but when you dehumanize most of your population like South Africa did you are shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
File: CW4cZB-WwAATeae.jpg (25KB, 493x497px) Image search: [Google]
CW4cZB-WwAATeae.jpg
25KB, 493x497px
>all these booty-short fetishizing faggots adoring Rhodesia instead of realizing it was a pipe dream European colony in the middle of a country dominated by growing discontent against colonialization
>implying that if you didn't fuck a black dude's girlfriend in his own house he wouldn't have the right to crush you same as you have the right to shoot upon a home invader (or a muscle-rippling negroid pumping your wife/gf with virile dick)

to explain this through the cuck metaphor Rhodesia failed for being unrealistic. it would have been a kingdom of octaroons and lightskin children in two generations if it didn't fail

it was morally objectionable as well, given its greatest ally was a nation of filthy dutchmen
>>
>>33687064
fuck off nigger
>>
>>33661801
Fireforce is an obligatory recommendation for bush war literature. The sequel Out of action is good aswrlly if you can get ahold it. Being out of print its hard to come by but is well worth the effort. I'm currently reading "A hand full of hard men" its about the Rhodie SAS and is alright so far.
>>
I saved this thread to come back and save cool pics of rhodie gear and pics and maybe save some caps for later reading on the strategies and some of the cooler conflicts that took place, and instead it's just "DEY WERE RACIS" "NO DEY WUZN'T" shit. I dunno why I expected any different.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.