[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for /k/ommandos with collections of decent size - what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Question for /k/ommandos with collections of decent size - what do you think about the adage that your possessions can come to own you?

Do you guys ever start to feel bogged down by the volume of your gun collection, and your possessions in general? Lately I've been wanting to pare down my arsenal to 3 or 4 guns that I frequently use, and pass the rest on.
>>
>>33657506
Not really, even having to clean my collection of ~50 (relax, they're about $8k in total) every month is still entertaining.
>>
>>33657641
>50 firearms at 150 a piece
The fuck are you doing anon?
>>
>>33657727

Hoarding a shit ton of mosins.
>>
>>33657742
>Hoarding a shit ton of mosins.
>at 150 a piece
>cleaning 50 near identical rifles a month
The fuck are you doing anon?
>>
>>33657727
It's what happens when your dad has a healthy obsession with fuddshit and then pulls a Thomas Wayne. Mostly old shotguns and rifles 50+ years old.
>>
It's a dumb saying. The only time having too much crap might be a problem is during some kind of crisis... Which is of course when the crap a kommando is prone to hoarding will actually be useful.
I'm not some bloody hippy who's just going to up and abandon all my worldly possessions and go on a spirit journey some day.
>>
>>33657801
The short of it is- I don't believe you.
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>33657841
Tomorrows sunday so I'll probably get to cleaning. If there's a family photo thread up I'll probably post in it. Hold on to your tits, I've got 5 Stevens SxS that were used and abused by my grandfather that you have just got to see. Also a long line of old wooden bolt guns you're sure to lose your mind over.
>>
I have a bit over three dozen, and yeah I do feel like it restricts my options for where I can live, and so on.

Apart from that I want to get more.
>>
>>33657506
>Do you guys ever start to feel bogged down by the volume of your gun collection

sell'em

or do your estate planning to find them a good home after you are gone

all it takes is a car wreck or crime victim and then what ?

w/out a will state laws will determine who gets your stuff, either next family or even the state itself

i was up to 7 handguns and said this is ridiculous, now i'm down to 1 pistol for carry and 1 revolver
>>
File: 1491802265548.jpg (2MB, 2273x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1491802265548.jpg
2MB, 2273x1100px
>>33657506
I have a kar 98 and a mosin natant.
I can hunt with both, and target shoot/ hike with both.
Together they were under $500.
If i want to plink, i have a .22 1200 FPS airgun (500 rounds for $8).
I dont think ill need a decent gun till i enlist, and these do anything i want them to.
Collectors are to be admired, unless they buy absurd clothes and gear and pretend to be soldiers, or cant pay their rent because they bought too many guns.
>>
>>33657769

God's work.
>>
>>33657825

>some bloody hippy who's just going to up and abandon all my worldly possessions and go on a spirit journey some day

Memeing about hippies aside, isn't that admirable though? I mean, there's no reason such a journey has to be some vision quest with shaman Tim in Peru; it can be /k/ as hell. Like if you were to backpack across Europe or SE Asia visiting battlefields, ancient, modern, ongoing. Or work your way to become a PH in Africa. Or join the FFL, or get in with a PMC.
>>
>>33658725

Kek
>>
>>33657506
sell your guns to me
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.