[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY Mace spray

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: reaper.jpg (13KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
reaper.jpg
13KB, 800x400px
I was thinking about making my own mace/pepper spray. Obviously I cannot legally buy it in my country

If I buy reaper chilli powder (hottest chilli in the world) mix it with water and put it in a spray bottle, would that work?

Watched videos of people eating it and it looks very painful. Sprayed in the eyes I bet it can pack a punch
>>
Buy a can of Raid. That shit will blind people, then you can just tell the cops that you panicked and grabbed the thing closest to you instead of explaining why you have a bottle of pepper juice
>>
>>33657461
For some reason I think carrying around a bottle of raid is even more suspicious

Also, last time I checked they don't make really tiny bottles that OP would be able to carry around
>>
>>33657461

I was thinking of the diy chilli spray because it looks like it could induce a severe amount of pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uy9MnQfk_0
>>
>>33657441
1.buy pepperspray abroad
2.cops take it
3.go to step 1

Pepperspray is legal in my country because it's not a complete fagland,but cops sure like to take my screwdrivers and knives.
I just pay the fine and get new items.
>>
File: h202burn.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
h202burn.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>>33657441
Get some 30% Hydrogen Peroxide and put it in a water bottle.
Splash it in the face of a mugger and it will literally take the black off of his face.
>>
>>33657461
>That shit will blind people
Enjoy getting sued civilly.
>>
>>33657711
Do your plan is to give him a mild skin irritation combined with discoloring?
Operator status.
>>
>>33657725
>Enjoy getting sued civilly.
op is obviously not americunt
>>
So I just discovered there is a plant called 'euphorbia poissonii' which has a chemical 'tinyatoxin' which is far more potent than capsaicin according the the scoville unit.

so if I can get this extracted and in a water bottle spray maybe it could induce a lot more pain than typical pepper spray?

My plan for self defense isn't to physical harm, just pain
>>
>>33657757
Here is my almost finalised idea

https://www.out-of-africa-plants.com/product/euphorbia-poissonii-spineless/

I'm assuming most of the tinyatoxin is found in the weird trunk part of the plant and not the leaves. This listing for sale is just the trunk looking thing.

I'm thinking chuck this in a blender with water and I have a spray far more potent than pepper spray
>>
>>33657797
So i found out there's a more potent plant

'Euphorbia resinifera'

This has resiniferatoxin which is the post potent TRPV1 agonist known. I'm assumin TRPV1 is related to nociceptors. All this is from wiki

is this the holy grail of self defense
>>
>>33657441
My roommate and I decided to set up a less than lethal deterrent for when people were trying to get into the apartment earlier in the year. Mix was half bottle of fermented pineapple juice. Clove of minced garlic, dissolved chili powder, and a shot of everclear. Shit reeked but I can't speak to effectiveness as neither of us wanted to try it.
>>
File: sweetkid.png (579KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
sweetkid.png
579KB, 704x528px
>>33657730
"mild skin irritation"
>>
>>33657441
>I was thinking about making my own mace/pepper spray

Just fill an enema bag with Tabasco sauce. You'll have to get the perp's pants down and the nozzle up their ass, but that's the fun part anyway.
>>
>>33657461
no it won't. stop spreading that myth.
>>
>>33657441
you can't get bear mace in your country?
>>
get some of this and put it in a water gun or something
>>
File: HTB1RKglGXXXXXXkXFXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg (334KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1RKglGXXXXXXkXFXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg
334KB, 1000x750px
Chili powder doesn't dissolve well in water. From wikipedia:
>Extraction of oleoresin capsicum (OC) from peppers requires capsicum to be finely ground, from which capsaicin is then extracted using an organic solvent such as ethanol.
I'd get hotsauce personally, it's already liquid. Grab a 1 gal jug of Franks and have fun.

ALSO a normal spray bottle is going to suck. No range at all. You need to find a pressurized spray bottle or a totally different method. Maybe a plastic bottle with a flip-top lid like this pic - make sure it's the kind that stays all the way open and doesn't flip back down.
>>
>>33657500
>i have ants at home officer and my gf/wife/mom/gay homosex lover asked me to bring some raid home from the store
>>
File: VID_20170416_033930.webm (766KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
VID_20170416_033930.webm
766KB, 1280x720px
>>33661146
I found my bottle. Here's a demo. It spray 2 or 3 feet. Pressure is lost about halfway through the bottle because my hand can't compress the entire bottle. It's a large bottle so that's a lot of liquid but not much firing time. It's a standard soda bottle cap so it could be put onto other bottles. A different shape bottle might let you squeeze a larger portion before pressure is lost. Constricting the nozzle would increase range and firing time while reducing flow.
>>
File: img_4153.jpg (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
img_4153.jpg
35KB, 700x700px
>>33657441
Grab one of these water guns with the pump. Fill it with your hellfire of choice and pump it a bunch.

Although, I'd rather duct-tape a bunch of shaving razors to a stick and try to give the fucker a haircut.
>>
>>33661233
Don't those leak out the trigger?
>>
>>33661233
Assualt water guns are banned in my contry though
>>
File: $_32.jpg (17KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
17KB, 600x300px
>>33661260
a Stream Machine Double Barrel will serve you well. Tons of energy in each barrel, just shoot in the air and it'll send burglars running.
>>
Fill this with potent hot sauce and carry it for spicing your food so you can be le quirky/random xD. Just the sight of it will send them running.
>>
>>33661146
>Extraction of oleoresin capsicum (OC) from peppers requires capsicum to be finely ground, from which capsaicin is then extracted using an organic solvent such as ethanol.

Here's how one could hypothetically get around that:
Grind pepper finely (mortar and pestle?)
Mix in a bottle with the strongest alcohol you can find (not vodka, that's 40%, maybe antiseptic wash - denatured is fine if you don't need it to be ingestible)
Shake the bottle vigorously for x amount of time
Filter out the unneeded solids, keep the alcohol solution
Possibly boil off the alcohol slowly so you're only left with what you want
>>
>>33657441
your idea is not bad in general but wont be effective.

You should extract the capsaitine from the pepper and use that instead. I can send a method if you are really interested
>>
>>33661483
Yeah, but its not that easy, if you do it wrong, you will set your kitchen on fire
>>
>>33661492
I didn't tell him to boil it. Sure you will probably extract more with heat but maybe try without heat first.
>>
File: pocket sand.gif (191KB, 466x322px) Image search: [Google]
pocket sand.gif
191KB, 466x322px
>>33657441
>>
>>33661498
acually you just have to use an electric heater. Put a po of water on it and put the alcohol and pepper mixture in that and heat the water which then heats the alcohol, filter it and repeat until you have a reddish oil remaining. I can like paste the entire recipe what I found if needed
>>
>>33661146
I have degreaser spray bottle which can spray 3m with no vertical drop

>>33661146
instead of doing that with a pepper i want to use euphorbia resinifera because it is far more potent/painful
>>
>>33661146

>Chili powder doesn't dissolve well in water.

That's why you use a light oil.
>>
>>33657441
>Obviously I cannot legally buy it in my country
Please move to a better country
>>
3 dollar can of wasp nest spray
shits got a 20 foot jet and it won't permanently blind
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.